Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Ashurans be like the Borg in similarities?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the Ashurans be like the Borg in similarities?

Well, with the lack of Stargate SG1 / Atlantis to watch, I've been watching alot of other SCI-FI, ie: BSG, Star Trek, etc...

While watching an episode with the Borg in it, I realized this....
    "Will the Ashurans be similar to the Borg?"

Think about it,

The Borg:
    - Cybernetic Race Assemelating any technology into their own to perfect themselves.

- Extremely powerful and dominant however will not bother with tech lower than their standard.

- Way smarter and have better knowledge of technology

- Extremely powerful ships

The Ashurans / Replicators:
    - A race first started as nano-technology combined into blocks, eventually becoming almost human. As we seen from the replicators, they also assimilate information by the "hand" and also take other races tech into their own.

- In an episode where SG1 activates the Time-Dilation device, a Replicator ship scans the prometheus, however doesn't attack them because the technology is far below them.

- Way smarter than humans, have better understanding of technology

- They control Atlantis class city ships.... powerful in their own right.

---------

Personally while looking at the comparisons, I'm starting to change my view on this new season. I thought it might be the replicators all over again, but it seems that Atlantis may become better with an introduction of a race far superior than the Replicators.

The replicators was just the tip of the iceberg.... its going to get bad!
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Mmm... personally I don't think they are the same. There might be traits that are similar but all in all they are different, in terms of the replicators.

The evolved/human replicator are toally different as they are individuals and have emotion, who are out to concor the universe/world, but then all evil villans usally are.

The Asuran are going to be interesting as little are known so far. I'm very interested to see how it plays out,
    Spoiler:
    especially the one that whats to do good and follow the path of their creator the ancients to ascend (very pinnochio(sp) concept)
    Last edited by travis; 17 May 2006, 07:48 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Teh Asureayans are not BOrg and not REplcators !!1!1!1!11!1!

They may get Boring and Repetitive though, but we'll see.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I hope they won't be anything like the Replicators or the Borg ! I think the writters do not wish to create something simular to the Replicators in SG.1 I am however curious what would happen when the Ashurans fight the Wraith
        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
          I hope they won't be anything like the Replicators or the Borg ! I think the writters do not wish to create something simular to the Replicators in SG.1 I am however curious what would happen when the Ashurans fight the Wraith

there going to because they have a plan to wipe them completly out!!.yah

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by nemisis
            That's every bad guys plan, the reasons why the choose to do it is what makes them different.

Whether they are intentionally trying to be similar to the Borg or not, there are only so many motives for destruction robots can have.
            An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I think that the Asurans will be a more intelligent, powerful and emotional form of the Human form replicators e.g. Fifth and Replicarter.

Alright!! Oh!!
              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I hope so. I actually hope we'll see a form that is actually peaceful, and has built its own homeworld.
                Still dreaming of a massive beautiful worldship, or a ringworld, or even a dyson sphere. Damn, let's be impressive! We've already had plenty of Atlantis copycats.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn
                  I hope so. I actually hope we'll see a form that is actually peaceful, and has built its own homeworld.
                  Still dreaming of a massive beautiful worldship, or a ringworld, or even a dyson sphere. Damn, let's be impressive! We've already had plenty of Atlantis copycats.
                  At first i don't think we will see anything completely new from them. At first...though later who knows. Personally though I don't think they can make anything huge like dyson spheres etc but if there are any they would be from the Lanteans, any new construction might get noticed by the Wraith who might attack. But who knows at this point, hopefully s3 has some great stuff in it.

Also on topic wise, McSwift i think you are merging the Replicators and Asurans too much because they are completely different. The replicators originally were kind of borgish but only barely. The Asurans though are completely different, these guys have emotions and seem far more developed. If the replicators had a hive mind then the Asurans seem to be independant.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by nemisis

I wouldn't be surprised with the Ancients gone, the Ausurans don't bother the Wraith and vice versa. The Wraith can't feed off them so they probably don't meddle in each other's affairs.

Comment

Hopefully the Asurans wipe the Warith out and so the Asurans will Die.
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift
                        Well, with the lack of Stargate SG1 / Atlantis to watch, I've been watching alot of other SCI-FI, ie: BSG, Star Trek, etc...

While watching an episode with the Borg in it, I realized this....
                        "Will the Ashurans be similar to the Borg?"

Think about it,

The Borg:
                        - Cybernetic Race Assemelating any technology into their own to perfect themselves.

- Extremely powerful and dominant however will not bother with tech lower than their standard.

- Way smarter and have better knowledge of technology

- Extremely powerful ships

The Ashurans / Replicators:
                        - A race first started as nano-technology combined into blocks, eventually becoming almost human. As we seen from the replicators, they also assimilate information by the "hand" and also take other races tech into their own.

- In an episode where SG1 activates the Time-Dilation device, a Replicator ship scans the prometheus, however doesn't attack them because the technology is far below them.

- Way smarter than humans, have better understanding of technology

- They control Atlantis class city ships.... powerful in their own right.

---------

Personally while looking at the comparisons, I'm starting to change my view on this new season. I thought it might be the replicators all over again, but it seems that Atlantis may become better with an introduction of a race far superior than the Replicators.

The replicators was just the tip of the iceberg.... its going to get bad!
                        lol no way go back n watch your Startreck old man

Comment

I think the only similarities they'll have in commen is there ability to adapt to there surroundings.

Comment

more like replicators and borg
                            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

i think there more like a moveing target

Comment

Working...
                              X