This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaming jumpers

Would the Daedalus be able to recover the Jumper they lost in "Grace Under Pressure" by beaming it out of the ocean, or is it too far down for that? I checked the transcript for "beam" and "teleport," but it came up blank, which I imagine is due in part because the Daedalus was likely ferrying Caldwell back to Earth after "The Long Goodbye."

Originally posted by turbov21
    Would the Daedalus be able to recover the Jumper they lost in "Grace Under Pressure" by beaming it out of the ocean, or is it too far down for that? I checked the transcript for "beam" and "teleport," but it came up blank, which I imagine is due in part because the Daedalus was likely ferrying Caldwell back to Earth after "The Long Goodbye."
    that a vaild point.

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

I don't think they new where it was, so they couldn't beam it and Rodney out.

After Rodney was rescued, the jumper seemed to be quite damaged.
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Probably nothing left to salvage after water damage, pressure and who knows what else happened to it.

Comment

why did we not see any more sea monsters in that ep? i wanted uber sharks and stuff? how come we(I) have never seen anything like that before?

Comment

When the puddle jumper reached the bottom the thing was going to be crushed sooner or later without the help of the other jumper extending it reverted cloak into a shield then mckay would be dead, as for beaming it out I would say it is like star trek in a way because there is only a certain underground or underwater limit you can beam from, so from 1600+ feet down i would say without a massive energy boost then beaming it out would be impossible.
            sigpic

Comment

It only crushed the front because the air inside wasn't equaling the pressure of the ocean. Since the back section has micro fissures in it water pours in and the pressure equalises so the jumper isn't crushed, just wet. So if they beamed it out they just need to dry it out, repair the windshield and the hull breaches and it's good to go.
              I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by TrustNo1
                It only crushed the front because the air inside wasn't equaling the pressure of the ocean. Since the back section has micro fissures in it water pours in and the pressure equalises so the jumper isn't crushed, just wet. So if they beamed it out they just need to dry it out, repair the windshield and the hull breaches and it's good to go.
                Maybe our Asgard beam can't reach that far down. Though I consider this unlikely.

Comment

Well they can beam out a Goa'uld attached to the human brain, I'm sure they could modify the beam to penetrate water.
                  I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Comment

Does the Atlantis crew even have the ability to repair damaged jumpers? I doubt they are made of any materials we have easy access to, or even know exist.
                    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Ancient database...

Comment

Ancient database...
                        No offense but that's such a n00b answer, the Ancient database is essentially useless from what we've seen so far. Its just too big! Why bother getting one jumper from the bottom of the sea? They have a bay full of them plus the ones from the Tower.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                        Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                        the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                        Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                        The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by essexgunner2003
                          why did we not see any more sea monsters in that ep? i wanted uber sharks and stuff? how come we(I) have never seen anything like that before?
                          Too much effort for too little gain. Wildlife has never been of interest to the show because they cost too much to create only to prove mostly useless to the plot.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
                            No offense but that's such a n00b answer, the Ancient database is essentially useless from what we've seen so far. Its just too big! Why bother getting one jumper from the bottom of the sea? They have a bay full of them plus the ones from the Tower.
                            I'm a n00b? LMFAO! Do you even watch Atlantis or do you spend your time with your head up your arse?
                            Hot Zone, how did they figure out what the virus was? The ancient database.
                            What about project Arcturus? Ancient database.
                            The Orion? Ancient database.
                            Atlantis schematics? Ancient database.
                            The Storm? Ancient database.
                            Lightning rods and ground stations? Ancient database.
                            Satelite? Ancient database.

They obviously know how to search through the database to find relevant information, what makes repairing a jumper any different?

Comment

Ha! I just got it!

"Grace" Under Pressure

Comment

Working...
                              X