This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stargate Forum!

Well, for the past three days, I've been a little bored so I started typing out a load of stuff, and I though about creating my own forum! So, I did just that. OK, the name isn't too amazing but maybe I'll change it soon! Introducing...the Stargate Forum

Feel free to join the community and start posting. I hope to get a fair amount of numbers to have a nice gathering. I'm also looking for a couple of mods...
    __

__

I think I'm gonna register!

Comment

I am there...just waiting for the confirmation email.
      THOR: It was your stupid idea Major Carter.

Comment

I've registered too. Very unique layout, it does not remind me of the way this Forum is set up at all! If you need any moderating help, don't hesitate to PM me (either here or at your Forum)!
        Rocky

Comment

Thanks for registering. I hope to have a few more members soon! If you know anyone that might want to join, let them know!
          __

__

Comment

I'm joining! I like the way it looks, it's beautiful. Always love Forums.

Comment

Well, the community is certainly growing, more than I expected. There's already 11 in two days. I only expected about 5 in a week.
              __

__

Comment

Not to be the voice of dissention, here, but exactly what is the point of the Stargate Forum? It has the same basic topics and sub-categories as Gateworld. It has the same general threads. Heck, as far as I can tell, so far you have the exact same people saying the exact same things in both places. Why not stay here where you have a wider audience, you have experienced mods, and you have an inside track to Stargate itself?

Why join? What makes SF different? What makes it unique? What can I get there that I can't get here?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Comment

Like I said in the thread starter, I'm a little bored on these long holidays...and wanted to see how attractive I could make this little corner!
                  __

__

Comment

Personally, I like The Stargate Forum. It's a nice change from GateWorld (don't get me wrong, I love GateWorld) but it could attract some people who don't like huge forums like GateWorld and maybe you should give it a try before you start criticizing it ShadowMaat.
                    Rocky

Comment

I'm not criticizing, I just don't understand the difference between the two. What is there about SF to make it attractive other than "It isn't Gateworld"?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        I'm not criticizing, I just don't understand the difference between the two. What is there about SF to make it attractive other than "It isn't Gateworld"?
                        Well, I did mention that it's not a huge forum, so it might attract people who don't like big forums. Also, it's just started, give Anubis time and I'm sure he'll make it more unique, while keeping it on par with GateWorld's quality.
                        Rocky

Comment

I've been working on it for around four days now, and I haven't even started creating the image sets. This is my next priority in the notepad. I've got to start drawing the templates.
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                            I've been working on it for around four days now, and I haven't even started creating the image sets. This is my next priority in the notepad. I've got to start drawing the templates.
                            Four days?! Wow, that's an excellent job for only four days of work! I can't imagine how good it'll look in a week!
                            Rocky

Comment

I've got a bit of work to do. There are over 200 style sheets working in the background and I've got to customise each and every one of them, which will take some time. And that's just for the backgrounds/headers/footers and such. That's not even any other files. It will take some time, but will come to terms eventually!
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X