This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1: Season 8

what did you think of season 8? a companion to the fav and least fav polls.
    feel free to discuss. thanks in advance for not flaming. there is one of these for every season (if the mods don't shut me down), the s9 poll is in the s9 folder.
    Great
    41.67%
    Good
    31.25%
    Eh
    14.58%
    Poor
    8.33%
    Bad
    4.17%
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Season Eight was great. I really liked seeing Sam in command of SG-1.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I was disappointed with season 8, but didn't hate it.
      sigpic

Comment

I have to say eh. While there were some really good episodes, it was very hit or miss. Jack as General was very iffy, although the few instances we saw Sam in command I thought she did a great job.

There were too many earth based stories, not enough gate, too many spaceships, and not as much team interaction.

What saved S8 was the last 5 episodes of the season. They were outstanding. I would have been quite happy for SG-1 to have ended there on a high note.
        sigpic

Comment

i thought season 8 was good, i loved threads and moebius they were fab

sig by starlover1990

Comment

"Bad" and IMO it really was, 2 or 3 were great, but the rest were snore-wothy
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

'Bad', there were some episodes I couldn't even watch the all way thorugh the first time they aired let alone a second time. Sam was useless as command. And the storylines - *wince*.
              The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

I liked season 8, though I have to admit some episodes took me awhile to warm up to. I do like the way the writers try to do different things, Mobius was one of those episodes that took a little warming up for me. I get geared up for one type of action and get something a bit different. That's where watching the espisodes again gives me a better appreciation for the episode and what the writers are doing.
                I love watching Sam in charge. Way to go Sam! (Smilie)
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I liked S8 better than S7, and gave it a 'good'. I would have preferred to give it an eh-and-a-half.

Comment

Good.
                    Some very great episodes and just few I didn´t like.
                    Dogs are my favorite people.
                    If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

bump

Comment

I loved it. Especially Moebius. That was great!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Whoa! Oldy thread. Voted... Great! Or the Best one!

Comment

I voted and then noticed that it's old as well.

I voted "Good" but I linger between "good" and "eh". Actually probably should have voted "eh".

Didn't like Sam in command, the team felt just wrong without a non-specialized member on it. Sam should be doing the science, and in my opinion the team leader shouldn't have that added responsibility. But on the other side of things, I did like seeing Jack as the general. Especially in Zero Hour.

This season had some of the worst episodes of the series, including Affinity, Icon, and Gemini. But there were some gems like Zero Hour, Threads, and It's Good to Be King.

Overall ties with season one as my least favourite season.

Comment

It was a season that had many ups and downs for me. The first half especially was rather poor, WAY too many earth based eps all at once at the beginning and no real team episodes. I felt Sam never got a good chance to lead the team untill late in the season. Some great eps though in this season too, like Reckoning, Threads, It's good to be king....but it's one of my least favorite seasons of SG1.

Comment

Working...
                              X