Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website

Okay, here's a bit of a heads-up.

I'm afraid the way it looks, we won't be having episodes up on the actual site for some time right now.

Unfortunately Sam has been having some computer trouble (or to be precise, her home computer has seized to function), and, sadly, she's still the only one who has the technical means to properly upload new episodes to the site. I haven't heard back from her just yet, so I can't say if this problem will be solved very soon.

- What does this mean in the worst case scenario?
    We'll just continue releasing episodes on the temporary links for now, and we'll be putting links to that site up on the Horizon site as well. And yes, it's strange, but I can easily update the news section. But we haven't gotten the system to the point yet where more than one person is able to properly update the episode section.

- What is the best case scenario?
    The problem is solved in the near future, and all episodes that are and/or will missing will be added.

- What about Season Three?
    By the time Season Three rolls around things in general regarding the site will have improved. We plan to begin work on the new site design pretty soon, at the very latest when Season Two finishes. Most likely we'll be looking for a new site designer, since other responsiblities have made it very difficult for Sam to be putting too much time into this.

On that note, I'd also like to say that Sam has been doing a great job with keeping the episodes up to date over the past few weeks. I'm aware that she's been having very little time, so I greatly appreceate her taking the time for this. Unfortunately she's not around these boards too often anymore, but it still needed to be said.

Anyway. I've been considering one or two people out of the realm of virtual series website designers who I might ask regarding taking on a new site design, since I actually don't know the first thing about designing websites. So instead of learning this craft myself, I figured we'll just turn to some talented people who know how to do it.

For now "Aversion", and most likely the following episode/episodes as well, will be released here on the forum, with links to the temporary link on the site, since a majority of our readers don't seem to post or visit the forum.

We'll do our best to have things running normally again as soon as possible. But one thing is for sure, this will not in any way affect our schedule. So new episodes will continue to become available, leading up to the season finale on June 15th.

Thanks for understanding. And feel free to post, comment, aprove, praise and hail us in this thread... and elsewhere.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

As I've stated before I know how to design a site using a vBulletin template, and I have built quite a few HTML/Javascript-based sites as well, but I don't know how to code in vB.

However, I do know someone who has some really excellent experience in that. If you permit me to do the design, I can ask my friend if he would be willing to code the site for us and provide an Instruction Guide for the project-staff.
    Last edited by Tiletron; 16 May 2006, 09:57 AM.
    "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
    ==============================================================
    Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
    Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiletron
      As I've stated before I know how to design a site using a vBulletin template, and I have built quite a few HTML/Javascript-based sites as well, but I don't know how to code in vB.

However, I do know someone who has some really excellent experience in that. If you permit me to do the design, I can ask my friend if he would be willing to code the site for us and provide an Instruction Guide for the project-staff.
      That sounds good. We should talk about it in more detail soon.

Comment

Hey Alex. Just wanna let you know that the link on the site has expired and ceased to exist. A redesigned site??? Sounds awsome. But i like how the site is now. Oh well, thats the way the cookie crumbles.

My Deviantart|Seeing is Beleivging|Carpe Noctem|Atlantean Wars

Comment

Originally posted by SG_Gundam
          Hey Alex. Just wanna let you know that the link on the site has expired and ceased to exist. A redesigned site??? Sounds awsome. But i like how the site is now. Oh well, thats the way the cookie crumbles.
          What link has expired? Do you mean the Horizon site? It's coming up normally for me. Stop scaring me like that.

About the redesign, the idea is actually to have a bit of a new look for every new season as we go along.

Comment

I like the design too, but a fresh one would be cool.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Which link are you referring to, Gundam, they all seem to work well for me.
              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
              Stargate Destiny, Fan
              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by SG_Gundam
                A redesigned site??? Sounds awsome. But i like how the site is now. Oh well, thats the way the cookie crumbles.
                As Alex stated earlier, one of the problems we have at the moment is that only a few of us can upload news and other things to the site, so this becomes an issue if some of us go on holiday and the rest don't have access to "hold the fort", as it were. The revamp is meant to integrate it better with GateWorld's forums, should we need that feature in the future.

Another reason is to accomodate the visual assets we are creating for our CG-project, and to add improvements such as an embedded gallery for all our artwork, as well better facilities for our Q&A, Staff and, perhaps, a Features page (just an idea); should we want to do any interviews with people.

Lastly, it's so it just looks good. Hell, even the Destiny site is better laid out than ours at the moment
                "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
                ==============================================================
                Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
                Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiletron

Lastly, it's so it just looks good. Hell, even the Destiny site is better laid out than ours at the moment
                  Is that suppose to be a dig?
                  sigpic

Comment

I like both the Horizon site and the Destiny site as they are now.

Like I said, the reason for redesigning it is just that it seems fitting to give each season its own look.

Comment

Yeah, the Destiny sight looks great, and the Horizon one looks great as well (although not very functional at the moment). However, I think the Stargate Universe site design is my favorite, ever since it got redesigned.
                      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                      Stargate Destiny, Fan
                      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

You could ask Val to do you a website. You'll have to provide like banners and stuff, but he could probably do a database and coding. If it's anything like the DB we use at SGU, the admin interface is easy as pie.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                          What link has expired? Do you mean the Horizon site? It's coming up normally for me. Stop scaring me like that.

About the redesign, the idea is actually to have a bit of a new look for every new season as we go along.
                          Ah. Sorry. I meant the link to "Adversion" but now I realize that I accidentally included the period at the end of the sentence. Thats why the link didnt work. Sorry! It works! No need for concern!!

Oh??? Kewl!! That actually makes sence. Sounds top notch.

My Deviantart|Seeing is Beleivging|Carpe Noctem|Atlantean Wars

Comment

Working...
                          X