This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is YOUR doctor?

Everybody has their doctor... There's 10 to choose from afterall. It's not really about which Doctor you think is the best, nor is it the one you saw first... (I have vague memory's of Tom Baker in Revenge of the Cybermen and an ever vaguer memory of Jon Pertwee on Skaro...) it's the doc you sort of grew up with and recognise as the doctor above most others. For my parents it was Patrick Troughton... For me, I'd say Paul McGann, I saw that film when it was brand new, and I thought he was a perfect doctor. He fitted my scheme of the doctor (which Troughton, Davidson, Colin Baker and McCoy didnt, which is strange as I'd never seen Hartnell... so it was a combination of Pertwee and Tom Baker.. hmm), in any case. I digress.

My point is, which Doctor did you grow up with? New Who fans will have to say Eccleston really... unless they got into Who at series 2/28... but for me, definitley Paul McGann. He's my Doctor, and I recognise him over all others.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

For me it was a combination of the 4th to 7th Doctors as I watched them as UK Gold, which wasnt the most reliable for playing them in order. Hartnell and Troughton I've caught wherever I can, and JP I have managd to watch on UK Gold now that they actually play his era. But out of all of them, I assosiate Tom Baker with the Doctor more than any other, possibly because it was him that I watched the most.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Me? 10...cos I've only just got into Dr Who
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

#4 is my doctor, always will be.

Comment

I watched the tv movie when it was on and the odd repeat but it has to be doc 9 for me.

Comment

I grew up with numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4. I think number 2, Patrick Troughton, will always be my Doctor, although John Pertwee (number 3) is a close second.
            sigpic

Comment

#2 for me. Such a funny character
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

#4 and 5. Tom Baker because he was the one I grew up with and Peter Davidson because his are the stories I remember the best

Comment

Most definately #4, Tom Baker.

He's my fave, the longest lasting and for me, the most memorable.
                  Thanks!
                  Jordan

my page
                  My LJ
                  From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

tom baker plus i like peter cushing in the movie
                    sigpic

Comment

Troughton was such a wonderful Doctor. It's a shame most of his episodes don't exist anymore. Pertwee was one of those men who just stepped right into the character without needing any lead in time. That amazed me about him. Tom Baker, well, he was the Doctor I first watched growing up, so I have a bit of a fondness for him...
                      My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
                      Build a Dalek
                      Build a TARDIS
                      Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
                      The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

Heh. 7th. I didn't exactly grow up with him, my childhood was kinda between the old and new series. But my parents had 4th through 7th on tape...all of it. And 7th in Battlefield was the first one they showed us kids. I will always remember it! ^_^
                        "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

I think my daughter's will be 9 and 10, she surprised the hell out of me yesterday when she said she wanted to watch it with me and then insisted we watch the 9th Doctor on DVD (We only got as far as the first ep tho) It's such a shame I have to work next week, this is mother and daughter bonding at it's best. Now if only I can get her to watch Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                            Now if only I can get her to watch Stargate
                            One small step at a time....^_^ I just got my roommate to watch Atlantis and some of Doctor Who, but she's still resisting much more than that.
                            "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Well, the first memory I have of Dr Who was Jon Pertwee. It was his final series as the Doctor, and he regenerated into 'my' Doctor, No. 4 - Tom Baker.
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                              X