This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA - Ed the Sock visits SGA Set May 17 & 19

In checking my TiVO "To Do List" ... I found this listed (thank you, TiVO!):

Wed, May 17
    G4 8:30 PM Ed the Sock! "Ed visits the set of Stargate: Atlantis" Ed visits the set of Stargate: Atlantis.

Also repeated:

Fri, May 19 G4 8:00 PM Ed the Sock!

(Be sure to confirm the times with your local listings. G4 is the Video Game/Tech TV/etc. channel on Comcast cable.)

Here's Ed the Sock's official web site:

http://www.edthesock.com/

(I've never seen this show, I don't have a clue what the format is -- or how "adult" the content is -- the web site definitely indicates it's leaning towards risque adult content.)

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks for the update. Ed is usually very funny and very tongue in cheek. He is often on Canada's Much Music."He" travels all over the place - interviewing all sorts of people and often makes a stop at Spring break celebrations. I had never visited his web site before - I imagine the content for the SGA visit will be toned down for television (?). It will be especially worth watching if Ed is in the same room with David Hewlett.

Comment

Ahh. Hmm. Well.

Never seen the show, but I'm a G4 watcher so I'm now seeing his commercials and a recent appearance on the E3 coverage this past week. Can't say I'm a fan. He appears to be a poor man's Triumph ... poor and talentless and crass.

But that's just me. Viewer beware.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
        Ahh. Hmm. Well.

Never seen the show, but I'm a G4 watcher so I'm now seeing his commercials and a recent appearance on the E3 coverage this past week. Can't say I'm a fan. He appears to be a poor man's Triumph ... poor and talentless and crass.

G4 watcher here, Darren, I haven't see the show yet either, but I guess this will be the first episode I watch.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ellenrose
          Thanks for the update. Ed is usually very funny and very tongue in cheek. He is often on Canada's Much Music."He" travels all over the place - interviewing all sorts of people and often makes a stop at Spring break celebrations. I had never visited his web site before - I imagine the content for the SGA visit will be toned down for television (?). It will be especially worth watching if Ed is in the same room with David Hewlett.
          Ed would be no match for Dr. McKay. You can also use Yahoo's TV to find this. It popped up yesterday, in fact, on the listings

5/12: Found this while checking out tv schedules today.

US viewers who get this cable channel can set their VCRs, etc.

Ed the Sock's (Puppet) Night Party

Channel: G4

Thur, May 18 - 12:30am EDT
          Sat, May 20 - 12:00am EDT

This is a 30 minute talk show. He visits the SGA set in this episode.

To see "Ed" go to http://www.mavericktimes.com/edthesock.html

I find it interesting how Tivo is giving totally different times than Yahoo and other tv listings. Considering the rudness factor of this piece of clothing, it doesn't sound like a prime time hour show. ANd I thought about a coastal different (east/west) but it's 4 hours, so even that's off.
          Last edited by prion; 13 May 2006, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ellenrose
            Thanks, Ellenrose.

My TiVO is all set up to record this...should be interesting.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Ahh. Hmm. Well.

Thanks, Darren, for the update.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Ahh. Hmm. Well.

Well, can't see much worse than Triumph, but then creations of this ilk are geared toward specific male age groups who, well, lack certain tastes Remarkably, they keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  Well, can't see much worse than Triumph, but then creations of this ilk are geared toward specific male age groups who, well, lack certain tastes Remarkably, they keep going.

I wouldn't categorize it as lacking certain tastes...more as just having different tastes.

I'm a woman (at least I was when I woke up this morning -- let me check...yup, still a woman), and I enjoy Triumph very much. I even make it a point to stay up and watch Conan (or now I TiVO Conan), when I hear/read that Trimuph makes a visit.

But Ed the Sock is a Canadian puppet...and we all know how those Canadian sock puppets can be...

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                    I wouldn't categorize it as lacking certain tastes...more as just having different tastes.

I'm a woman (at least I was when I woke up this morning -- let me check...yup, still a woman), and I enjoy Triumph very much. I even make it a point to stay up and watch Conan (or now I TiVO Conan), when I hear/read that Trimuph makes a visit.

But Ed the Sock is a Canadian puppet...and we all know how those Canadian sock puppets can be...

Morjana

A Canadian friend of mine (female by the way) said that Ed is rude and crude, and the show is geared toward the male audience. It will probably also get censored for US tv due to some content After all, they yanked it off the air once up there due to very objectionable content (which would have easily passed muster on Showtime, regrettably).

Comment

He came to the set while I was up there, but I never got to meet him. I thought everyone was joking when they told me about him.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
                        He came to the set while I was up there, but I never got to meet him. I thought everyone was joking when they told me about him.
                        So, sounds like you escaped!

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
                          This was obviously from the time you visited, as the guest star from SGA who appeared on this show was Rainbow Sun Francks.

Oh...my.

We do get to see behind the scenes for both SG1 (it was deserted) and SGA -- a brief glimpse of Joe Flanigan rehearsing, a small tour of the Atlantis Control Center. Clips shown from "38 Minutes" and "Rising - Part 2." (This segment started about 21 minutes after the show began.)

The rest of the show...well, it's lewd, crude, and there was a cute segment at the end, when Ed is installed in toy robot...

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                            A Canadian friend of mine (female by the way) said that Ed is rude and crude, and the show is geared toward the male audience. It will probably also get censored for US tv due to some content After all, they yanked it off the air once up there due to very objectionable content (which would have easily passed muster on Showtime, regrettably).
                            Your Canadian friend is right- Ed the sock is a frequent on Much Music and it's surprising what they can get away with on there considering many of his apperences are on live PG shows.....it's rather relentless and not for the sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                              Your Canadian friend is right- Ed the sock is a frequent on Much Music and it's surprising what they can get away with on there considering many of his apperences are on live PG shows.....it's rather relentless and not for the sensitive.
                              Nope, and it's definitely a show made for young males. It's as bad as the Howard Stern show. And that's just from rewinding the tape for five minutes. I don't even want to think of how bad the first 20 minutes were.

Meanwhile...

The segment of Ed the Sock's visit to the SGA set appeared about 20 minutes into this show (lasted about five minutes). It was predominantly Rainbow Sun Francks showing "Ed" around the SGC set, then the SGA set. Joe Flanigan made a very brief appearance (see picture below). It was mostly just Rainbow showing Ed what was what (which every fan knows) as well as Rainbow playing around with the SGA dialing device, plus doing a goofy impression of a fan asking some inane question about how the actors dial the wrong planet.

Here are two el cheapo screencaps I made:

Joe Flanigan's opinion of Ed the Sock

Rainbow Sun Francks puts up with Ed the Sock

Comment

Working...
                              X