X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which season did you like best?

Season 1,2,3,4,5,6,7?
    Personaly I liked season 4 because of window of oppurtunity which is my favourite episode.

this is how I would rate them best to worst- 4,7,6,5,1,3,2
    Last edited by captain jake; 16 May 2006, 01:25 PM.
    sigpic

Window of opportunity was S4. S4 is my favourite, because it simply had spectacular episodes (Exodus, Upgrades, WoO)

I would rank them - 4,5,3,9,6,7,1,2,8
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

A tie between S1 and 2. However, I would say S1 was the best Season with S2 right behind (it has 'The Fifth Race' - my favourite ep out of ALL seasons).

I would rank them: 1, 2, 3, 6, 4, 5, 7.

I like S1 because it has a number of excellent episodes, exploring new worlds, a Daniel who was eager to study new civiliastions, they were the underdogs so SG-1 and Earth had to use their wits to get them out of a situation and NOT rely on techonolgy to get them out of a fix: not like now.

For simliar reasons I enjoy S2 & 3: again meeting new alies, expanding of characters (i.e. good characterisation and plots). Exploration of new/old civiliastions.

No scantily clad women, ridiclous 'ship' or stupid motives. Plots that did not rely on the judicious showing of muscle. Or on a Sam who knows [scarasm]everything [/scarasm] and is hormone driven.

Eps like 'The Torment of Tantalus', 'Hathor', 'Singularity', 'The Fifth Race', 'Shades of Grey', 'Maternal Instinct', 'Abyss', 'Full Circle' to name a few ARE the essence of Stargate SG-1 to me.

Fantastic thread Captain Jake!
      The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Theres already a similar thread with a poll available here

Comment

Out of seasons one-seven four is defiantly my favourite, and overall it ties with season nine.

Season One is one of my least favourite seasons- it had too many duds such as Emancipation, Brief Candle, The Broca Divide, The First Commandment, Cor-ai, Hathor, and Enigma was ruined for me by possibly the worst character of the series, Narim (but saved from the being bottom of the barrel by Shrodinger and Maybourne).

Comment

Out of seasons one-seven four is defiantly my favourite, and overall it ties with season nine.

Season One is one of my least favourite seasons- it had too many duds such as Emancipation, Brief Candle, The Broca Divide, The First Commandment, Cor-ai, Hathor, and Enigma was ruined for me by introducing possibly the worst character of the series, Narim (but saved from the being bottom of the barrel by Shrodinger and Maybourne).

Season Two I really like, some of my favs being Serpent's Lair, Touchstone, Fifth Race, A Matter of Time, One False Step, and 1969. But it also has a lot of uninspireing eps such as Need, Holiday, Spirits, Bane, Out of Mind, and Prisoners.

Season Three isn't one of my favourites as it has Seth, Legacy, Into the Fire, Rules of Engagement, Past and Present, A Hundred Days, and New Ground- most of which aren't bad episodes, but there aren't any amazing episodes to conteract them, the few that I really love in the season being Nemesis, Crystal Skull, and Shades of Grey.

Season Four is outstanding from start to finish, a few shakey episodes, but nothing bad.

Season Five again, nothing really cringe-worthy in this season, lots of gems.

Season Six- very enjoyable, I still prefer Daniel over Jonas, but I don't hate Jonas. And it has my favourite episode, Paradise Lost. But it has a few snoozers.....such as Forsaken, Memento, Metamorphosis, Sight Unseen, and Shadow Play.

Season Seven- there are a few eps that I haven't seen in this season but overall, not bad, TPTB really knew how to put together outstanding two parters in this season- Lost City and Heroes remain some of my all-time favourites.

Season Eight- not bad- there are a lot of great episodes, New Order, Zero Hour, Promethius Unbound, It's Good to Be King, Reckoning, Threads, and Moebius. But then there are duds- can anyone say "Affinity" and also Gemini (which was just plain boring), and Avatar I can't decide whether I sort of like it, or loathe it, a few others that were unremarkable. It was a season of some great episodes, but it lacked cohesion which makes it less as a whole.

Season Nine- fantastic, there isn't a single ep that I won't watch over and over. Love the Ori, New Characters, Old Characters, everyone did a great job on this season, and there are no real bad episodes (a few moments maybe, especially overdone ship references in Ripple Effect). It's consistantly enjoyable and fun to watch.

Comment

My order from fave to least fave...

4, 6, 7, 2, 3, 1, 8, 5,
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Seasons One through Eight are my favourites (can't decide).

I hate Season Nine.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Haha don't get me started regan.
                  sigpic

Comment

season 4 is my fav without a doubt

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Season 4 for me. It had everything: politics, suspense, adventure, alternate time lines, character development, intriguing plot ideas.
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Yep 4 was a great season.
                        sigpic

Comment

Here's how I would rank seasons 1-9. Best to worst.

Season: 9, 7, 8, 5, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1.

My favorite season? Stuck between 7 and 9.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            Seasons One through Eight are my favourites (can't decide).

I hate Season Nine.
                            I am with that...
                            Loved season 1 till 8.
                            but if I have to choose I would go for season 7 or 5

Comment

If I had to pick one season as my favorite it would be four. But I love 1-8 SO much. 9 is ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X