This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taranians or Genii?

I hope this is the right place to ask this... Which civilization is likely more advanced: the Taranians or the Genii? Based on what I remember, here's how the two stack up:

Genii:
    - have (almost) working atomic weapons
    - have computers capable of reading Wraith systems
    - have basic gene therapy, enough to artificially pass on an ATA gene
    - have a basic understanding of Ancient technology

Taranians:
    - have rudimentary understanding of Ancient systems
    - have redimentary understanding of Ancient starships (though, how much, we don't know, it could be none)

I think both races have handheld commuication devices, but don't quote me. Both races seem appear to have functioning agricultures; the Genii trade with other planets, but the Taranians seem to have at least barns.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by turbov21
    I hope this is the right place to ask this... Which civilization is likely more advanced: the Taranians or the Genii? Based on what I remember, here's how the two stack up:

Genii:
    - have (almost) working atomic weapons
    - have computers capable of reading Wraith systems
    - have basic gene therapy, enough to artificially pass on an ATA gene
    - have a basic understanding of Ancient technology

Taranians:
    - have rudimentary understanding of Ancient systems
    - have redimentary understanding of Ancient starships (though, how much, we don't know, it could be none)

I think both races have handheld commuication devices, but don't quote me. Both races seem appear to have functioning agricultures; the Genii trade with other planets, but the Taranians seem to have at least barns.

Any thoughts?
    I think it's the Taranians. My reasoning has nothing to do with it however. I just like them more because they're less of a pain in the ass.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
      I think it's the Taranians. My reasoning has nothing to do with it however. I just like them more because they're less of a pain in the ass.
      Heh. I'm leaning toward them, actually. Putting the Genii at, like, 1960's technology and the Taranians at 1980's, because of their time studying the Ancient systems. That's just my opinion, though.

Comment

Originally posted by turbov21
        Heh. I'm leaning toward them, actually. Putting the Genii at, like, 1960's technology and the Taranians at 1980's, because of their time studying the Ancient systems. That's just my opinion, though.
        Good analysis.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
        X