Alex Rubit
May 9th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
"Aversion"

"Aversion"
Ep: 2.19
Release Date: May 11th 2006
Written by Vincent Dedoyard

The discovery of a mysterious Enoly Female in stasis on an alien planet, brings back dark and painful memories for Tom. How far will his deep down desire for revenge go?

Alex Rubit
May 10th, 2006, 11:31 PM
The thread is now open for discussion. You can expect the episode to be released at the regular time.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 11th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Expect the unexpected...

Uh, there's no link on the site, and the episode doesn't seem to even be uploaded.

SierraGulf1
May 11th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Hmmm, it appears it wasn't released around the regular time. Since I don't usually have much to do with episode releases, I'm not sure what's happened, but I'm sure it will be up soon.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 11th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Still not up... odd.

knowles2
May 11th, 2006, 05:54 PM
still not up, what happening.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 11th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Readers: What Happen!!
Holizon Staff: Somebody Set Up Us The Schedure Fairure!

SierraGulf1
May 11th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Well, I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm sure once Alex returns home from work and comes online tonight he'll notice and fix the problem. On behalf of the staff, I do apologize for the delay, but it shouldn't be too much longer now.

Thanks for the patience. :)

Alex Rubit
May 11th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Until the problem with the website is fixed, the episode can be downloaded here! (http://uk.geocities.com/alex_stargatehorizon/219_aversion.pdf)

I too have to appologize for this. The way it works now is that I actually don't have anything directly to do with uploading the episodes, as I'm not home at the time they usually go up. I haven't heard from our webmaster yet, but I'm sure there was a perfectly good explanation for the delay.

But either way, the episode is now available on the temporary link. Hopefully it will be on the site soon as well.

SierraGulf1
May 11th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Told ya. :cameron:

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
May 11th, 2006, 07:16 PM
So I'm halfway through and i got admit this episode is cool.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 11th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Well... it was... okay. The first two acts were fabulous, but then the pace got bogged down in the third act. The fourth and fifth acts felt the same to me. This episode had the potential to make me absolutely love it, and on page 34, I said to myself how excellent it was, but by the end, I wasn't thrilled. The most annoying thing, though, was that the script told me how I was supposed to feel. If the scene is good enough, it'll carry itself, regardless of whether or not it's a PDF document, but the scenes at the end, while they had potential, just didn't make the cut. On reflection, I like it a bit more, but it all seemed to be one-big-samey-blur in the end.
Granted, some of the stuff was very good - the very very end, with Lenori and Tom, and of course, Callen being told that he was fixin' to be replaced because of those damn blood-sucking tics - I mean, er, politics.

Hm... It was great until it lost its pace, and then although it had its moments from then, it didn't live up to expectations.
Overall: **1/2

EDIT: It should be noted, though, that the story itself was extraordinarily sound, although I would have liked to find out more about those alien people.

SierraGulf1
May 11th, 2006, 08:01 PM
I doubt we've seen the last of the creators of this Enoly virus.

On another note, you read this one pretty quickly. :cameron: Always nice to see your comments, and your's as well, Sheppard. It was indeed a quiet a quiet episode, although the pacing didn't bother me too much when I read it. To each his own, eh? :)

Yeah, it seems whether you're in the deepest, darkest reeches of space, or right here at home on Earth, politics can be *******s. Callen bested them this time around, though.

I also liked the moments with Tom and Lenori. I think this experience will have changed their relationship for the future, with them being able to communicate on a more personal level. The fact that Tom spontaneously attacks Rileen and then just as quickly regrets his actions hints that perhaps his years in the Enoly Prison Camp were more harsh on him than we though at first.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 11th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Indeed. I read quite quickly, to say the least. And for just that reason (combined with the factors of an extreme lack of sleep that's been accumulating over the last few days), I'm going to read the episode again before posting a review on SGU. I don't want my opinion of it to be different because of personal choices that may affect my judgement.

Alex Rubit
May 11th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Well, it's not an action episode, and it doesn't have to be. Our show is about so much more than just blowing things up all the time. :D

I'm not sure what you mean by the script telling you how to feel, Ryu. The way I recall it, it just tells readers how the characters feel in those particular scenes. But if it does tell it to the reader, then that's perfectly fine from a screenwriting point of view. What I'm saying is, there's no rule against that. But it must have happened unintentionally, since I didn't notice it, and I read the episode just about three thousand times. :cameron:

About those aliens who created the virus. I do hope that it at least comes across a little that this might just perhaps be... how should I say, a set up for... uh, something at a later point in the series. ;)

We actually talked about that a long time ago, as early as the beginning of the season. Nothing's been decided yet, but as Mike said, I doubt we'd ever leave any plot threads hanging like that.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
May 11th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I thought this episode was really good but let me ask you this Alex is the two-part season finale be like Crusade and Camelot and will you guys be blowing stuff up in the finale.

Alex Rubit
May 11th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I thought this episode was really good but let me ask you this Alex is the two-part season finale be like Crusade and Camelot and will you guys be blowing stuff up in the finale.

Oh, we'll be blowing up looooots of stuff. :D

Elite Anubis Guard
May 14th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Well I read it. David and Sivea seemed oddly off character, and Toms change in personality was expected though, but it seemed a little extreme. I did like Lennys moment with the Rileen(sp?) however.

Loved the story, but like said, the pacing was rather odd, sometimes really fast and drawing in, others slow and not that interesting. It's a hard episode to comment on, but it's good for Vincents first episode.

PS: Ya know the pictures on the website for the episodes, try to keep em all the same sizes, it looks horrible when yave got all different sized ones.

SierraGulf1
May 14th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I've been working on that actually, but whenever I edit them in, say, Paint, in says that it must be in one of a few certain formats. So I usually make it a jpg file, and it says jpg works, yet it still refuses to work for me.

If there's a way to fix it, I could get right down to shrinking the ones such as 2.18, 2.14, 2.15, 2.16, etc.

and Toms change in personality was expected though, but it seemed a little extreme. I did like Lennys moment with the Rileen(sp?) however.

Well, I think the fact that Tom's attitude throughout the episode is so overblown and extreme shows that, as he says, perhaps he's been feeling this way all along, just not revealing it. I think that at the end of the episode we get the idea that the normally cheery Tom is a bit... unstable, perhaps.

Alex Rubit
May 14th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah, that's definitely true. It seems extreme because he's been keeping all this to himself normally. And that's, I believe, very realistic. Too often you can tend to have characters displaying their feelings and emotions much too obviously on film and TV, when in real life - from my experiences - it's not always that way. Very often people tend to keep things to themselves, and they don't really make it too obvious how they really feel.

If you think this was drastic, you should have seen the first draft, and the original outline. I think I did mention that this was one of the toughest episodes we've ever done. :cameron: It took a very, very long time to get the Tom aspect of the story straightened out to a point where it was working.

I don't really see where Sivea and David would have been out of character, EAG. Especially since they hardly appeared in the episode. I'm curious to see what scenes you're exactly referring to.

Elite Anubis Guard
May 14th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Just the way they talk really, David really didnt seem like David.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 15th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Anyway, like I said, I'm going to write a review for this episode after I re-read it. I hardly remember it right now (I read it when I was nearly exhausted). Expect this to happen at some point around thursday or friday night. :)

travis
June 15th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I kinda have mix feeling for this ep, for some reason I kept thinking of Atlantis ep-Allies.

Though I have to admit that Tom's character was a bit extreme in that there was really no build up in previous ep (that I can recall) for him to act in such a manner at the end of the ep.

I personally didn't notice much different in other character's as others has mention as I was more focus on Lenori and Tom. Great character development between Tom and Lenori.

I found the Rileen character to be hot and cold in a sense that her dialogue and the portraying of the character did'nt blend smoothly. All in all not a bad read:)

Elite Anubis Guard
October 15th, 2007, 02:36 AM
I re-read it and it amazes me how fast I can get through the oversized S2 episodes. Thank God for S3s 60 pages. I assume S4 will be similar lengths? Anywho, everything said before stands. Dodgy pacing in the last 2 acts, Tom seemed very extreme. But that all said, it did have some really good character moments - the last act with Tom when he lets it out - Lenny and the Enoly.

Not my favorite, but then S2 wasn't really.

Alex Rubit
October 15th, 2007, 07:12 AM
I re-read it and it amazes me how fast I can get through the oversized S2 episodes. Thank God for S3s 60 pages. I assume S4 will be similar lengths?

The Season Two episodes aren't any longer than the Season Three episodes, they're just in a different format. If you took the episodes of Season Three, and reformated them to Season Two style, they'd be somewhere around 80 pages long. So the episodes were never any longer than a normal one hour episode. It's probably the reason it doesn't take you any longer to read them.

Oh yeah, there's no reason for the Season Four episodes to seem any longer or shorter, as we're sticking with the same screenwriting software that we started using with "...Shall We Not Revenge?"

Not my favorite, but then S2 wasn't really.

Hmmm. I thought you said a while ago Season Three wasn't your favorite. ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
October 15th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Damnit. Don't confuse me. I mean, the ending of S2 wasn't one of my favorite arcs.

s09119
October 15th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Damnit. Don't confuse me. I mean, the ending of S2 wasn't one of my favorite arcs.

That was the whole biosphere/Kih'andari thing right? It was actually my favorite arc thus far :S

But I guess everyone has different opinions. Just out of curiosity, what was your favorite?

Elite Anubis Guard
October 16th, 2007, 12:02 AM
For me, it was just the massive Star Wars similarities that made it very meh. Same went for the S7 opener. I think my favorite arc was the opening of S3.

jelgate
December 15th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Jelgate's Two CentsI love Stargate episodes that pose moral problems. So naturally this episode was a enjoyable episode. On one hand we've got a means to destroy one of our enemys while on the other hand we will performing genocide and killing millions of innocent bystanders. What is right thing to do. It proves that there is no line between good and evil and there is a shade of gray. It also had made me really respect the Callen character. He weighed the pros and cons and never looked back on his decision. I think I would have supported him if he had choosen the oppisite because we realize the danger the Enloy have presented. I have been wondering why we haven't seen Tom's emotions about his Enloy experence. Obviously it was a tramuatic experence and I wanted to see more of the Tom's emotional tramua that he induced while being a a prisoner. David said it best when he said anger is a powerful emotion. You can use anger to fuel you or to consume you. In Tom's case, he used it consume himself and resorted to ultimate mean. Someone said David was out of character and I have to disagree. He is clearly a caring person who presents the image of a solder. But deep down he is a caring person who is concerned about his friend(Tom). This was a superb episode that deserves 4/5.

Oh, we'll be blowing up looooots of stuff. :D
Sweet. Can we blow up Zach Hoffman