This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuity in camelot

I apologise if this has been posted already (ive been trying to stay away from the forums to avoid looking at season 10 spoilers!) but I was rewatching camelot recently and I noticed something which seems like a massive continuity error. When carter is beamed out to the spacegate the individual segments look huge relative to her, yet in beachead the individual segments that make up the gate come out of a regular size stargate. There's no way the camelot ones could have come out of a regular gate...

The writers are normally quite good at this kind of thing, seems like a big slip to me, what do you guys think?

It was never stated that it came from a Gate. Perhaps it was built on a neighbouring Planet and then sent up there.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Ha, your right that's a good point.

Originally posted by Metarock Same
      It was never stated that it came from a Gate. Perhaps it was built on a neighbouring Planet and then sent up there.
      It was, in the episode "Beach Head" the parts of the supergate all came shooting through from where the Prior was.

I'm pretty sure that they were not built on a nearby planet. I would assume that would require a fairly large operation, and we haven't seen any evidence they have set up camp in the Milky Way.
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Jaffa Helmets extend around the persons head to appear a hawk, jackal or snake, now if you think about it, the Jaffas face would be looking towards the neck peice, so they have to have some kind of visual device/technology to look through the eyes/see where their going...

Whos not to say the Supergate segments dont enlarge in a the same kind of way?

And we never heard of the Rand satelite till it was built and that was only through our 'friend'- there are DOZENS of worlds not visited by SG-1, how do we know it wasnt done by an advanced world, not even necessarily advanced world that weve never heard of?
        Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by russ_sg1
          I apologise if this has been posted already (ive been trying to stay away from the forums to avoid looking at season 10 spoilers!) but I was rewatching camelot recently and I noticed something which seems like a massive continuity error. When carter is beamed out to the spacegate the individual segments look huge relative to her, yet in beachead the individual segments that make up the gate come out of a regular size stargate. There's no way the camelot ones could have come out of a regular gate...

The writers are normally quite good at this kind of thing, seems like a big slip to me, what do you guys think?

real big discussion about this

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ight=supergate
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

True never thought about it!
            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I remember someone posting in another thread that the larger segments could of come through a smaller supergate, where the smaller supergate's piece came through the regular Stargate.

Comment

Maybe this is gate V2, they build them somewhere, or as stated above me used a larger gate to get them through.

Comment

What about the pieces being made of pieces?

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                  Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                  the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                  Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                  The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

I'd go with the expanding segment idea. I mean if the Goa'uld copied this tech from the Ancients, then why not have the Ori (same as the Ancients) send those segments through in compact form only to expand to a larger size?

Goa'uld reverse engineered much of the Ancient tech. Rings, Staff-Weapons, and etc. So why not this expanding technology?
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I also think that the expanding theroy is a more likely than all the other theroies posted here, nut thats my opinion.

As alreay stated in the above post by: Peoples General

the gou'ald reversed many of the Ancient tech why couldnt the Ori just have done the same.

Proud Supporter of:
                      - 'Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis' -

'If you don't tell me what I want to know, then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt!'
                      - Jack Bauer (24)

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                        I'd go with the expanding segment idea. I mean if the Goa'uld copied this tech from the Ancients, then why not have the Ori (same as the Ancients) send those segments through in compact form only to expand to a larger size?

Goa'uld reverse engineered much of the Ancient tech. Rings, Staff-Weapons, and etc. So why not this expanding technology?
                        Sounds pretty probable to me. I'll go with this theory as well.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Any one notice that the supergate appears to have many more blocks than the first one? And why would they first make a small "supergate". Connecting to the smaller supergate wold make a second connect to a bigger supergate impossible(you can't have two gates at the same planet).

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
                            Any one notice that the supergate appears to have many more blocks than the first one? And why would they first make a small "supergate". Connecting to the smaller supergate wold make a second connect to a bigger supergate impossible(you can't have two gates at the same planet).
                            I agree. You can just increase the size of the gate by increaseing the number of segments. To waste resources in building two gates seems a bit off. Of course this doesn't explain why Sam looked so small compared to the gate segment, but I'm guesing thats just TPTB trying to make the Ori look more powerful.

Comment

I'll go with the theory, the size of the Supergate, is relative to the size of the planet. We all know, that the Ori use a micro-singularity, to power the Supergate. If the size of the planet, as we know, planet are not all the same diameter, effects the in some way, the diameter of the micro-singularity, then it would also effect the size of the Supergate. They probably can't, just create a Supergate using any size planet, only specific ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X