PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Team

ParadoxRealities
May 8th, 2006, 01:14 PM
GENERAL SPOILERS FOR ALL SEASONS, INCLUDING s10

What's your favorite SG-1 team combination? feel free to explain.

dipsofjazz
May 8th, 2006, 01:34 PM
I voted for the original team of Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. I've lived through their adventures for so long that I just love this team. I also liked Jonas, especially when he was with the other four. I'm afraid I don't get a feeling of a team with the S9 foursome, although I wanted to. As for S10, well, I'll just have to wait and see.

ReganX
May 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c, there's no question whatsoever about it.

I like Jonas, but it just wasn't the same.

Trek_Girl42
May 8th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c closely followed by Mitchell, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c -a team that I think is great.
(haven't seen Vala with the team enough yet to really vote on it)

Chelle DB
May 8th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I have to say that my all time favorite team has to be the original - Jack, Sam, Daniel and hunky spunky Teal'c!!!!! They just go together so well. I don't think there is another team out there on any tv show that has the same kind of chemistry as these 4 do. I think TPTB did a superb job in putting them together. Well Done!!!!
:jack_new_anime18: :samanime51: :daniel: :tealc:

Naonak
May 8th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Jack, Daniel, Carter and Teal'c.
The original, and still the best.

SG-1 in battle:
:jack_new_anime25: :samanime15: :danielanime08: :tealcanime44:

Konman72
May 8th, 2006, 10:55 PM
All of them have their plusses and minusses but the original team will always be the best since they were the ones that led us all through the gate for the first time.

Flygirl
May 9th, 2006, 01:48 AM
It has to be the original cos it's the best.

Jack, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c ..... It's chemistry, guys :D

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g33/briten/sg1ag.gif

luthienberen
May 9th, 2006, 02:18 AM
First, why is Carter before Daniel? She was never more important to the story than him. It was always Jack and Daniel's tale, both in plot and credits. But then we all have our idea who is important in the telling. Okay, mini rant over.

I voted for the original team, I was emotionally invested in them for a long time.;)

Though that emotional investment decreased over the years unfortuantely.:(

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
May 9th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c

Mainly because the original team is always the best.

Pharaoh Atem
May 9th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Mitchell, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c

Naonak
May 9th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Mitchell, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c

You're just doing that to be different, aren't you?
Or to annoy the Mitchell-haters.

scifi_girl
May 9th, 2006, 08:47 AM
i voted for jack, sam, daniel, and teal'c. for me the original team will always be the best

Trek_Girl42
May 9th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Or perhaps because Captain Mal Reynolds likes that team best.....;) :)

jckfan55
May 9th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I did like Jonas but it's gotta be the original: Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c. 2nd best would be Jack, Sam, Jonas, Teal'c and then
Sam, Daniel, Teal'c.

Missster.Freeman
May 9th, 2006, 11:06 AM
The original team had the best dynamic; their personalities complimented each other perfectly. I have to add that the few exchanges Jonas and Daniel had on screen together worked well imo. That’s why I chose the option with Jonas in the team. It’s a pity TPTBs didn’t keep him on the show.

Morgania
May 9th, 2006, 11:20 AM
The very brief team of Jack, Sam, Daniel, Jonas and Teal'c.

ParadoxRealities
May 9th, 2006, 12:05 PM
First, why is Carter before Daniel? She was never more important to the story than him. It was always Jack and Daniel's tale, both in plot and credits. But then we all have our idea who is important in the telling. Okay, mini rant over.wow, that's debatable. but not here believe it or not, i did actually think about this. got the orginal from the fact that its a military team, so CO, then 2IC. then i fliped a coin for daniel/teal'c (1-5). jonas comes in, replaces daniel (6). daniel comes back, added on after jonas (brief 7). jonas leaves (7). jack leaves (8). mitchell replaces jack (9). vala is added (10).

does that really annoy people?

ReganX
May 9th, 2006, 12:07 PM
wow, that's debatable. but not here believe it or not, i did actually think about this. got the orginal from the fact that its a military team, so CO, then 2IC. then i fliped a coin for daniel/teal'c (1-5). jonas comes in, replaces daniel (6). daniel comes back, added on after jonas (brief 7). jonas leaves (7). jack leaves (8). mitchell replaces jack (9). vala is added (10).

It doesn't bother me.

Eoin
May 9th, 2006, 01:42 PM
For me it has to be the original team.... Jack, Daniel, Sam, Teal'c.
IMO they're the best team ever :D... I like the new team, but definitly not as much as the original :)

SimilarCadence
May 9th, 2006, 05:00 PM
I voted for Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. Yeah...best team ever. Best chemistry. Best everything.....

ParadoxRealities, I agree that 2IC Sam should be second after CO Jack, for what it's worth....

RealmOfX
May 9th, 2006, 06:16 PM
First, why is Carter before Daniel? She was never more important to the story than him. It was always Jack and Daniel's tale, both in plot and credits.

You mean SG-1 wasn't about SG-1? It was the Jack and Daniel show? Damn, I'm not getting all my memos!

Here's to the original TEAM, the original and best. Closely followed by the team with Jonas. Unfortunately we were told that we couldn't have 5 on the team.

"I think that five people on a team is too crowded. From a writing/creative standpoint it would never occur to me to do that. It’s just too many people. I don’t think any of the characters would get properly serviced in any story, and somebody would end up on the periphery."
Robert C. Cooper

Yep, uh huh, we soooo believe you Mr Cooper.

ParadoxRealities
May 9th, 2006, 06:24 PM
You mean SG-1 wasn't about SG-1? It was the Jack and Daniel show? Damn, I'm not getting all my memos!

Here's to the original TEAM, the original and best. Closely followed by the team with Jonas. Unfortunately we were told that we couldn't have 5 on the team.

"I think that five people on a team is too crowded. From a writing/creative standpoint it would never occur to me to do that. It’s just too many people. I don’t think any of the characters would get properly serviced in any story, and somebody would end up on the periphery."
Robert C. Cooper

Yep, uh huh, we soooo believe you Mr Cooper.RoX, i said DON'T debate it here!:P ah well. if it takes off, feel free to make your own thread. if its minor, feel free to invade (:P) mine.

and thanks SimilarCadence. I'm also not sure what its worth:P, besides letting me know i'm sane (or at least that i can think like sane people sometimes), but thanks

ReganX
May 9th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Robert C. Cooper

Okay, who's getting chucked off to make room for Vala? Or is Vala not actually going to be on the team?

ReganX
May 9th, 2006, 06:29 PM
ParadoxRealities, I agree that 2IC Sam should be second after CO Jack, for what it's worth....

That seems reasonable.

ParadoxRealities
May 9th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Okay, who's getting chucked off to make room for Vala? Or is Vala not actually going to be on the team?no, they'll just push one character to the background. guess who?

yeah, i'm OT aren't i? ya know what? don't care. let it run as it will. (somehow i doubt i even have the authority to do that as the thread creator, but its not like people listen to me anyway.)

Pharaoh Atem
May 9th, 2006, 06:42 PM

nope i really like my choice and i'm pro mitchell all the way

ReganX
May 9th, 2006, 06:43 PM
no, they'll just push one character to the background. guess who?

Perhaps, to be on the safe side, they'll push three characters into the background.

RealmOfX
May 9th, 2006, 06:53 PM
RoX, i said DON'T debate it here!:P ah well. if it takes off, feel free to make your own thread. if its minor, feel free to invade (:P) mine.

and thanks SimilarCadence. I'm also not sure what its worth:P, besides letting me know i'm sane (or at least that i can think like sane people sometimes), but thanks

Sorry. I'll start behaving...........

NEXT WEEK :P

luthienberen
May 11th, 2006, 05:03 AM
wow, that's debatable. but not here believe it or not, i did actually think about this. got the orginal from the fact that its a military team, so CO, then 2IC. then i fliped a coin for daniel/teal'c (1-5). jonas comes in, replaces daniel (6). daniel comes back, added on after jonas (brief 7). jonas leaves (7). jack leaves (8). mitchell replaces jack (9). vala is added (10).

Nope, only me.:) And I do like the team, I just never thought of it as Jack then Sam, always Jack, Daniel, Teal'c and Sam. Credits and my personal like of individual characters. Your reason is good though. I don't agree with it, but it makes some sort of sense.

But nice to know that the original team is winning. I think the best team ep is 'The Serpent's Lair' or the last ep of S1. Actually, can't think of one. Bleh.

Naonak
May 11th, 2006, 08:59 AM
nope i really like my choice and i'm pro mitchell all the way

Yeah, the season 9 team would probably be my second choice, and Mitchell's pretty cool.

DEM
May 11th, 2006, 09:22 AM
does that really annoy people?Nope. And I certainly can't fault you for not guessing that Carter should be last. :rolleyes:

ParadoxRealities
May 11th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Nope, only me.:) And I do like the team, I just never thought of it as Jack then Sam, always Jack, Daniel, Teal'c and Sam. Credits and my personal like of individual characters. Your reason is good though. I don't agree with it, but it makes some sort of sense.you know...the credits aren't specifically ordered to identify the order of the main characters on the show...

would people go for a "least favorite team"? (not judged by order)

ReganX
May 11th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Another poll? Sure, why not? It would be interesting to see how the results compare.

luthienberen
May 12th, 2006, 02:29 AM
you know...the credits aren't specifically ordered to identify the order of the main characters on the show...

Nope, the credits aren't, the viewers decide.

Another poll? Sure, it would be interesting to see the results. I wonder if the results will be similiar to the least favourite season poll?

ParadoxRealities
May 12th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Nope, the credits aren't, the viewers decide.ok...so how does
, I just never thought of it as Jack then Sam, always Jack, Daniel, Teal'c and Sam. Credits and my personal like of individual characters.:tealcanime49:

shh, its not OT if you pretend this is what the thread's about

ParadoxRealities
May 12th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Made the new poll.

L-JADE
May 12th, 2006, 10:39 PM
I choose Jack, Sam, Jonas, Daniel, Teal'c

Like in Fallen/Homecoming and a bit of Space Race, it's wonderful to see. And Jonas has different specialty than Daniel, he's a very fast learner which should help a lot with the amount of material the SGC got coming.
I think Sam/Daniel/Jonas witht their specialties can be borrowed by other SG teams.

Robert C. Cooper

huh?! I think with the addition of Vala, that would become 5 people team or maybe he said that too long ago, he's forgotten he ever said that :rolleyes:

luthienberen
May 13th, 2006, 02:10 AM
ok...so how does:tealcanime49:

shh, its not OT if you pretend this is what the thread's about

I meant that I agree that the credits do not necessary show main characters by order of name, and it is the viewers decision but credits do help towards that a little. After all, if I went by credits alone then Carter would be before Teal'c on my main character list order.

Ack, this thread went OT long ago, time to switch threads.;)

ParadoxRealities
May 13th, 2006, 10:04 AM
huh?! I think with the addition of Vala, that would become 5 people team or maybe he said that too long ago, he's forgotten he ever said that :rolleyes:probably doesn't count when its mitchell and vala, only some other random people:rolleyes:.

...i still don't get how the credits can help define the team if they're in the order of the actors (and even that's not just 1st 2nd 3rd), not the characters.

i prefer to think of it a "blossoming" instead of going OT.

luthienberen
May 13th, 2006, 01:13 PM
i prefer to think of it a "blossoming" instead of going OT.

LOL.

And now I can't get blossom trees out of my head - especially the blossom tree I saw a couple days ago.

Vicky
May 14th, 2006, 01:06 AM
The original team of course! They're more than a team, they're a family and I think that was said in a fic or two, it's what kept them alive for so long! Or at least made them come back from the dead.

ParadoxRealities
May 14th, 2006, 07:10 AM
The original team of course! They're more than a team, they're a family and I think that was said in a fic or two, it's what kept them alive for so long! Or at least made them come back from the dead.i think it was also said in a commentary or four! yay team family!

Oranos
May 14th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Gotta love the original-and that's exactly where my vote goes. While the Mitchell, Daniel, Sam, Teal'c team is growing on me, nothing can beat the original.