This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate 200 "Multichannel News" Article

Multichannel News which is a Variety Publication has a new article on Stargate's 200

Here is the link to the full article.

In this story:
    IT'S IN THE BOOKS
    IN 120 COUNTRIES
    'IT'S A FAMILY
    DRAWING 2.5M VIEWERS
    NO TALK OF DEATH

Sidebars:
    MGM's A Gig Fan, Too

There are a couple of S10 spoilers - so if you are avoiding all spoilers best stay away. But I personally did not find the spoilers to be much.

Here is just a little snippit of the article

Stargate SG-1 has entered the television record books. According to Los Angeles Museum of Television and Radio Library Supervisor Martin Gostanian, it is now the “longest-running, scripted, made-for-cable television series in U.S. broadcasting history.”

Its formula for success, according to the producers, includes likeable actors. Executive producer Michael Greenburg, the former MacGyver show-runner, called the chemistry between the four original leads “as serendipitous as I've ever had in a casting involvement.”

Other factors are: movie-like production values, long-term stability in the show's leadership, the stargate itself as an iconic prop and a mythologically rich premise that allows for varied storylines.

In the first quarter of 2006, the show averaged 3.3 million viewers per new original episode on Friday night. The producers say another 3 million viewers watch reruns in syndication on weekend afternoons.

Stargate SG-1 is Sci Fi Channel's workhorse. Airing at 8 p.m., the series leads off the network's key “Sci Fi Friday” primetime block of originals, reliably shuttling viewers to spin-off Stargate: Atlantis at 9 and onward to the channel's flagship, Battlestar Galactica, at 10.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Nice, a good long article on it.

Thanks, man.
    sigpic

Comment

Very nice indeed! Thanks for the link.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Cool!

Thank you so much for the link.

Great story.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

cool, did they realize the song that was mentioned in the article was used in the DS9 series finale?

Comment

A really good and informative article. Best parts:

Spoilers for the 200th episode
            Spoiler:

The 200th, a collaborative effort penned by the team of all seven writers, is an homage to fans of every stripe. If they've ever wished upon a Stargate, it's likely covered in this script — a two-hanky ceremony brings Walter, the Gate Guy (the minor but beloved character who operates the stargate), to tears, and forbidden romances finally bloom.

It can only be safely reported (without repercussions from NBC Universal) that longtime cast member Chris Judge, a former All-America football player at the University of Oregon who plays the alien warrior Teal'c, is slathered head to toe in silver body paint. And little else.

Tapping laughs, “We're jumping sharks all over the place today.”
            No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
            (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Hmmm wonder where they got those rating figures from? They don't match what was published earlier this year.
              "I know, I know. It's a Russian thing. When we're about to do something stupid, we like to catalog the full extent of our stupidity for future reference."
              Commander Susan Ivanova

Sinclair : "No boom?"
              Garibaldi : "No boom."
              Ivanova : "No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow."
              Ivanova : "What? Look, someone's got to keep some damned perspective around here. One of these days... boom!"

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                A really good and informative article. Best parts:

Spoilers for the 200th episode
                Spoiler:

The 200th, a collaborative effort penned by the team of all seven writers, is an homage to fans of every stripe. If they've ever wished upon a Stargate, it's likely covered in this script — a two-hanky ceremony brings Walter, the Gate Guy (the minor but beloved character who operates the stargate), to tears, and forbidden romances finally bloom.

It can only be safely reported (without repercussions from NBC Universal) that longtime cast member Chris Judge, a former All-America football player at the University of Oregon who plays the alien warrior Teal'c, is slathered head to toe in silver body paint. And little else.

Tapping laughs, “We're jumping sharks all over the place today.”
                So, SIler and Walter finally get together ?

Comment

Very upbeat article. Thanks for posting it. Second only to MGM's James Bond, eh. Stuff of legends....
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                    Very upbeat article. Thanks for posting it. Second only to MGM's James Bond, eh. Stuff of legends....
                    This is a really nice article, good work by Mary McNamara as usual. I liked the balance in it and the way she made sure to mention everyone even if she didn't get a chance to talk to them. (however I do hope she can go back and fix the part that demotes Jack O'Neill to the rank of Captain. I suspect that maybe somewhere out there is an article by Mary where Jack Sparrow has been promoted to General LOL).

Though the part mentioning Michael Greenburg was a bit confusing. It sounded like he had been brought back on as an executive producer for season 10. (which wouldn't be a bad thing at all).

Marla
                    ______
                    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Walter's going to cry? I want to give him a hug.

And gotta be awfully curious about the whole Teal'c/silver paint thing.....

This episode sounds like it's going off on so many tangents.....CAN'T WAIT!

Comment

I get more and more excited the more I hear of this eppy

Thanks for sharing
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Stargate SG-1 is Sci Fi Channel's workhorse. Airing at 8 p.m., the series leads off the network's key “Sci Fi Friday” primetime block of originals, reliably shuttling viewers to spin-off Stargate: Atlantis at 9 and onward to the channel's flagship, Battlestar Galactica, at 10.[/I]
                          I'd have thought Stargate was the flagship show.

Good article though. For once, an article about Stargate where the writer generally seemed to know what they were talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                            I'd have thought Stargate was the flagship show.

Good article though. For once, an article about Stargate where the writer generally seemed to know what they were talking about.
                            Er, um, Stargate was the flagship. BSG is pulling in a lot more critical acclaim, ratings, etc. Heck, the Scifi.com site promotes it more. Alas, it's a dog eat dog world with TV shows, but let's see if BSG has the durability of Stargate...

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                              Spoiler:
                              ...The 200th, a collaborative effort penned by the team of all seven writers, is an homage to fans of every stripe. If they've ever wished upon a Stargate, it's likely covered in this script — a two-hanky ceremony brings Walter, the Gate Guy (the minor but beloved character who operates the stargate), to tears, and forbidden romances finally bloom.
                              So, SIler and Walter finally get together ?
                              Sure seems that way, the way it is written.

And forgive me to quote myself...
                              Spoiler:
                              It just struck me that Christopher Judge might play Teal'c playing Grell The Robot based on the character of Teal'c originally played by Christopher Judge. Arghgh, infinite loop!
                              No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                              (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Working...
                              X