U.K. Sky One / Broadcast Schedule Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    Don't lose heart,Anubis.You're doing your best !
    I'm going to just go to my "happy place",and work on some mantras or something!

lol How could Anubis possible lose his heart? I know the response will be the same or simular, but worth a try at the very least!
    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
      Sent an email, doubt I'll get a response for about a week though, I question why I bother, as I'll get the same darn answer every time, and probably a pre-written message too.
      Yeah about 3 of my friends and I have all written email's to Sky and Sky Magazine asking about Season 8 and Atlantis. And we've all got the same standard reply that Stargate will be on in the 8pm time slot, but they've no word about Atlantis!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksbabe
        Yeah about 3 of my friends and I have all written email's to Sky and Sky Magazine asking about Season 8 and Atlantis. And we've all got the same standard reply that Stargate will be on in the 8pm time slot, but they've no word about Atlantis!!!

Well, I sent them a email of broadcasting dates, not them to me. I done this by looking around and taking the ones most commonly said. So, with me sending them details, maybe the response will differ slightly?? Probably not. It's Sunday today, so I won't get a reply, bank-holiday tomorrow, so no reply and then it's back to normal. Earliest response time prediction may be Wednesday. I'll post what I recieve in response, if it's anything interesting.
        __

__

Comment

I've got sick of waiting. 400mb downloads are great quality and watching them on a 19" monitor isn't as good as TV but better than waiting.
          Wier: Nice work Rodney!
          McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
          Wier: Yes, several times....
          [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

Originally posted by waz
            I've got sick of waiting. 400mb downloads are great quality and watching them on a 19" monitor isn't as good as TV but better than waiting.

I don't know why people get so impatient really, it's only a little while later.
            __

__

Comment

4 Months isn't a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by waz
                4 Months isn't a little while.

Does it really matter though? I'm not against downloads, it's just that you should be thankful to have it at all. Some people have to wait until next year to view it on Channel 4!
                __

__

Comment

I am thankful! And I pay......

Comment

Originally posted by waz
                    I am thankful! And I pay......

Well, most people do pay, of course, unless you interrupt the satellite and steal the signal! But yeah, it's very complex now they're encrypted apparently, I don't have Box Office on Sky as that's like £40 a month. Eveyrthing else I have!
                    __

__

Comment

No probs guys,just hang tight,and we'll get the goodies.
                      Let's not get uptight with each other ,about the wait.Bad enough,the lack of confirmation from Sky !
                      (We got Sky (Full package,incs films,sport ,blah) mainly for Stargate +the wider range of choice,but at the moment,even I, the Baggie one of usual patience,feel like sending a complaint in to them ! )

I'd d/l myself ,but I know how easily I mess up "comping" in general ,so I'll just stay legal and wait !

Edit: Now planning to put a CD on and sing along ......might calm me down.
                      (Still nada on the dates we need...... )
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 August 2004, 08:44 AM.
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

No probs guys,just hang tight,and we'll get the goodies.
                        Let's not get uptight with each other ,about the wait.Bad enough,the lack of confirmation from Sky !
                        (We got Sky (Full package,incs films,sport ,blah) mainly for Stargate +the wider range of choice,but at the moment,even I, the Baggie one of usual patience,feel like sending a complaint in to them ! )

I'd d/l myself ,but I know how easily I mess up "comping" in general ,so I'll just stay legal and wait !

Edit: Now planning to put a CD on and sing along ......might calm me down.
                        (Still nada on the dates we need...... )

Yeah, I agree with you, better to stay safe than in trouble. Anyway, we've only got just over one month now, which isn't long for me. Since I return to school on Thursday, that will help make the time go by!

I got a email back from Sky!!! I cannot believe it, just arrived earlier today. Here is it duplicated,

Dear Anubis

Thank you for your e-mail about the programmes Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis.

Unfortunately, there are no plans at present to broadcast Stargate Atlantis, however, the new series of Stargate SG1 starts on Tuesday 5/10/04 at 8pm.

Thank you for contacting Sky.

Kind regards

Donald McLean

Viewer Relations
                        __

__

Comment

Waiting's good enough for me ,Anubis.Quick reply,too,from Sky !
                          Back in my "Happy Place" for now.........I'm not too keen on the line "Unfortunately,there are no plans at present, to broadcast Stargate Atlantis",but we'll all just have to be patient !

Thanks Anubis,for posting that info,and of course good luck with school !
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Waiting's good enough for me ,Anubis.Quick reply,too,from Sky !
                            Back in my "Happy Place" for now.........I'm not too keen on the line "Unfortunately,there are no plans at present, to broadcast Stargate Atlantis",but we'll all just have to be patient !

Yes, I'm not to happy with that response line they gave, but they say it everytime, and I think they've had enough feedback to want the show to be aired, so I'm sure they will. And if they don't, I'll kick their a$$!

Thanks Anubis,for posting that info,and of course good luck with school !
                            Thanks FHB, can't wait to return [not]!! lol
                            __

__

Comment

No Atlantis for the UK? That sucks.
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                                No Atlantis for the UK? That sucks.

They said this with SG-1 earlier on in the year too, they said the exact same thing 'We have no plans to air SG-1 available at this time' or something like that. Something just to distract us!
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X