This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GATEWORLD.NET - Server change

We are currently moving www.gateworld.net to the new cluster setup.

Please let us know in this thread if you spot any problems with the site after it has moved servers.

I've fixed the fanfic uploader.

Comment

I found a probelm i get a white screen saying

internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

if you try to vote in the poll
      Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 07 May 2006, 05:36 AM.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

fixed.

Comment

I haven't found any problems but have a question related to the server change. Another forum I sometimes read had a server change a while ago, and it accidently formatted itself then. The last backup was from May 2005, so all posts from the last year were lost.

So my question is, how often do you make backups of the gateworld forums? I'm just curious.

Edit: I just realized that the server change is not for the forum, but I'm still interested.
          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I'll star taking bets on how long its gonna take for the subscription thing to mess up
            Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
            MSN: [email protected]
            feel free to add me on either

Comment

We take SQL backups of the forums every 4 hours, stored for 30 days, and then archived to DAT tapes. The main website itself is backed up daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                We take SQL backups of the forums every 4 hours, stored for 30 days, and then archived to DAT tapes. The main website itself is backed up daily.

*WOOSH*

Yes, that was the sound of everything you said going over my head
                Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                MSN: [email protected]
                feel free to add me on either

Comment

I'm curious about a couple of problems I'm noticing when I try to use the forums at work (where we have a network). It seems to be slower since the recent changes, and sometimes it just leaves the blue background instead of loading the page. Also, every once in a while, the window will freeze up and I'll have to use the computer's task manager to close it down. This doesn't happen with the other internet windows I have open, so I think it's peculiar to the forum.

I don't know if it's a glitch or just something to live with. Thanks!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Erm...When I'm trying to post new thread, the message delete itself and it says that my message must be at least 1 character long.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashrak_22
                      Erm...When I'm trying to post new thread, the message delete itself and it says that my message must be at least 1 character long.
                      You can fix that by clicking on the button in the top left of the new message screen that has two "A"'s with a slash between them on it (right above the Sam smiley).

Comment

We are currently moving www.gateworld.net to the new cluster setup.

Please let us know in this thread if you spot any problems with the site after it has moved servers.

not sure if this is a server issue but

i went to go listen to the robert cooper interview and i click on the to listen to the interview and all you can hear " hi this is paul mcgallen" ( not to sure how to spell it sorry) and that all it keeps repeating over and over it never goes to the actually interview.

Comment

Probably best to PM Darren for that one.

Comment

Probably best to PM Darren for that one.
                            i emailed david

Comment

Thou Shalt Not PM Darren. (You won't get a response. Instead, e-mail [email protected].)

Not sure what's going on with this file. Will look into it.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                              X