Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Merlin's weapon based on SGA episode?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is Merlin's weapon based on SGA episode?

In SGA episode Hide&Seek we saw an energy creature and two new devices made by Ancients.

Conversation between Weir, Mckay and Sheppard

"Well at some point during their evolution,|the Ancients reached a..."
    "an advanced stage of being, where they were able|to rid themselves of their physical bodies,"
    "and rise to a higher plane of existence.|One in which they live as pure energy."
    "I know it sounds ridiculous,|but this is the first indication that there may have been evolutionary|intervention to get there. "
    "Well I haven't read all the notes, but|what I do know, is that the entity is energy."
    "It feeds on energy. Fords lucky, I mean,|the more it feeds, the bigger it gets."
    "The bigger it gets, the more charged it becomes.|The more deadly it will be."
    "Is it intelligent?"
    "The entity's been trapped in here, since before|the Ancient's abandoned the city."
    "The point is,|this device was designed to track it, capture it, and hold it for observation."
    "There's still a chance we may be able to get it back inside."

And,

Mckay "I was able to activate this.|It's a personal shield, that acts like a protective skin."

They tried another device which capable to protect a person against everything. Include this, protect against this energy creature.

Ancients already built a device for track and capture an energy creature like ascend Ori before they came to Earth too.

what do you think? is Merlin's weapon based on this technology?

not: We can see another version of this device in SG1's season 6th episode "Sight Unseen" too.
    Last edited by Atlas77; 06 May 2006, 07:49 PM.

Im not so sure the energy field 'protected' against the creature. I believe it fed the creature. I havn't seen the episode in forever but I know the shield was drained afterwards. Is it not feasible that the creature sucked the energy out of the shield first rather then out of Mckay? So its not so much that it protected him from it, but provided it a source to feed on other than himself

Comment

i think they should have kept it and used it to power the city, or do that for the orii as their punishment
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

That is definately an interesting prospect. The only flaw in that thinking is whether or not the Ancients thought the Ori were a threat while they were in Pegasus. If the Ori weren't a threat, it doesn't make sense that the Ancients would try to find a way to destroy/contain them. Of course, it would be an interesting twist. . .

Comment

Originally posted by pRyvvik
          Im not so sure the energy field 'protected' against the creature. I believe it fed the creature. I havn't seen the episode in forever but I know the shield was drained afterwards. Is it not feasible that the creature sucked the energy out of the shield first rather then out of Mckay? So its not so much that it protected him from it, but provided it a source to feed on other than himself

The field did protect him because earlier in the episode we saw Sheppard pushing him over a railing. Weir asked if they were crazy to which McKay replied "It wasn't the first thing we tried." and then Shep said "I shot him (big smirk on his face) ... in the leg."

Originally posted by Beakymoose
          That is definately an interesting prospect. The only flaw in that thinking is whether or not the Ancients thought the Ori were a threat while they were in Pegasus. If the Ori weren't a threat, it doesn't make sense that the Ancients would try to find a way to destroy/contain them. Of course, it would be an interesting twist. . .

The Ancients could have been experimenting at that time in fear of the Ori ever finding them because they were aware of ascension at that point. They may have been conducting experiments on that creature though to not have to experiment on one of the Ancients who already ascended and not tip off the Ori.

Comment

it may be likely but improbable because the wraith which are physical beings seems more of a pressing concern at the time
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beakymoose
              Daniel and Vala will try to find something about Merlin's weapon in Atlantis. If they'll find this in there, we can say Ancients already known Ori before they returned back to Earth 10,000 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Atlas77
                Daniel and Vala will try to find something about Merlin's weapon in Atlantis. If they'll find this in there, we can say Ancients already known Ori before they returned back to Earth 10,000 years ago...
                Did the show ever say Merlin wanted to use the weapon against the Ori specifically? He could have just had something against any ascended being.
                An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                  Did the show ever say Merlin wanted to use the weapon against the Ori specifically? He could have just had something against any ascended being.
                  In "Arthur's Mantle" after Daniel was sucked into the parallel dimension, he said that Merlin decended back to physical form to create a weapon because of how much a threat the Ori could pose to the galaxy. Something to that effect at least, but he did mention he did it because of the Ori.

-Steve

Comment

I know that the Anceints were all about non-interference, and I know that not all of them obey that. My question is why wouldn't Merlin leave something that said 'the ori are bad, here's how to kill them. Have fun'? And whatever happened to Merlin? Are they going to have him show up in s10? If Merlin descended, was he able to ascend again, or was it like what happened to Orlin? Just a few questions. . .

Comment

Originally posted by KnightCrusader
                      In "Arthur's Mantle" after Daniel was sucked into the parallel dimension, he said that Merlin decended back to physical form to create a weapon because of how much a threat the Ori could pose to the galaxy. Something to that effect at least, but he did mention he did it because of the Ori.

-Steve
                      Actually all he said was

Daniel: "It says Merlin came back to create a weapon"
                      [Dramatic pause]
                      Daniel: "A weapon capable of destorying ascended beings"

That is all he says on the subject.
                      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Working...
                      X