This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Birthday Party - Help!

My kids and I have become big fans of the show this summer. That's saying alot, since they are only allowed to watch a limited amount of TV, so they have to be choosy. My son, who's turning 9 in November thought my 12-year old daughter's idea for a Stargate Birthday party was a great one, so now I'm on a "mission" for ideas! We get a little nuts around here when it comes to parties. Last year we had a Harry Potter Birthday party that the neighborhood is still talking about! We turned the house into Hogwarts complete with potions class, secret passages and a search for the Sorcerer's Stone.

The Stargate story, as we've hatched it so far, goes like this: a Stargate team is trapped on another world and we need more energy crystals to get them back. Our party guests will be our new SG team recruits - our house is the SG training center. The kids will be divided into groups of about 6 (total around 18)rotating to each of three "training" stations. Once they complete their training, each group goes on a their mission through the gate. Station 1 is in front of the house with a "moonwalk" and rock climbing wall; Station 2 teaches them how to read the "Ancient's" language (coded symbols matched to our alphabet); and at Station 3 they construct a homemade weapon I invented called the Mallow Blaster (basically it shoots mini marshmallows through a configuration of PVC pipe). Once they've passed their training and built their weapon, the SG teams go to the backyard and ride a zip line through a constructed Stargate. They then have to use their decoder to follow instructions to find the "crystals" (quartz). Once at the crystals (sand box with quartz crystals) they have to fight off aliens (my dad and my husband) to get the crystals and return to base. Party favors would include the mallow blaster, a quartz crystal, and I guess the usual (candy, etc.)

Any more good ideas? Any thoughts on how I might build a Stargate? I'm a whiz with cardboard boxes. Does anyone know how to get big pieces of styrofoam cheap? I found a big standing circle (I think it's a clock silhouette) on the Shindigz/Stumps Party website. I thought if I built a tunnel behind it out of painter's black plastic drop cloth with christmas lights inside and a smoke machine it would be pretty cool to a 9 year old. I could also cover the entry with metallic streamers. The zip line would run through the tunnel then. We also wanted to create what looked like old stone walls for the directional codes and maybe a pyramid out of PVC pipe and light weight fabric. I mainly need construction ideas and if anybody has any other ideas for party favors or activities. Thanks!

You really should not have re-threaed. A mod would have moed it for you. lol.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Yikes sorry! My daughter just decoded LOL for me! Cute

Comment

Working...
      X