This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many seasons should SGA run??

First off let me say that Im a huge fan of both shows, The whole point of SG1 was to find the lost city so that we could get technology and advanced weapons. So, when it was found, SGA was created to do just that while SG1 remained in the MW. And in the end finding atlantis should provide all weapons/tech/ and advanded science SG1 will need to solve the MW problems. Thus I think SGA should only run for about 5 seasons, I think the writers should speed up the technilogicaol development of SGA and the atlantis teams should begin fully understanding the city and the tech. Solve the wraith problem, 5 seasons should be plenty for that. then bring the city back to the MW. Merge SGA and SG1 into a new show called Startgate: Command and go from there. Doing this maybe the best way to ensure stare remains on the air for years to come, since a new show would allow for some new cast members and older cast members who want to quit or are to expensive to retain can slowly be filtered out.

Some ideas for Stargate Command: Possibley restore the great allience and make the stargate public. Have the team be: Mitchell, Shepard, Daniel, and Rodney. Have tealc leading the Free Jaffa Nation by this time and have Carter and Jack Married with a few guest apperiences each season. Use the City as the new base of operations. and biuld a fleet of BC-307's (the new and improved earth ships)

I think SGA should run for as long as it's got good stories and keeps entertaining us. If it can manage half as much as SG-1, that's 5 years and I think they could do that and more before running out of steam. The only downside is they'll be treading closely to stories already done in SG-1, but then as they say, "everything's been done before already."

The SG:C will itself run into the same problems SG-1 has now and SG-A will in the future only more so because they'll have two series to contend with instead of one. You'll notice that as Star Trek tried this, it got progressively worse until the final incarnation was cancelled after a slow, painful death.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie
      I think SGA should run for as long as it's got good stories and keeps entertaining us. If it can manage half as much as SG-1, that's 5 years and I think they could do that and more before running out of steam. The only downside is they'll be treading closely to stories already done in SG-1, but then as they say, "everything's been done before already."

The SG:C will itself run into the same problems SG-1 has now and SG-A will in the future only more so because they'll have two series to contend with instead of one. You'll notice that as Star Trek tried this, it got progressively worse until the final incarnation was cancelled after a slow, painful death.
      The SG:C? Whats all that about?! Asin Stargate Command or is there a new spin off coming?
      Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
      MSN: [email protected]
      feel free to add me on either

Comment

SGA Should run for as long as SG1

BTW...Here's a thought...

A lot of people are criticising Atlantis just now...but had SG1 been under the same ammount of scrutiny back then as Atlantis is right now...I think most people would have been screaming that the show had jumped the shark.

Atlantis is just as strong as SG1 was at the same juncture...I'm not talking about ratings as SG1 was still on Showtime during it's 2nd and 3rd seasons (thus a comparison is not really possible) but in terms of quality.

Therefore...I think Atlantis has a lot of years left in it.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I think the key to atlantis' sirvival will be how much they are prepared to shake things up, keep it fresh. For example going back to being cut off from earth, put our characters through truama's.

If it keeps going at the season 2 standard it ain't gonna last long

Comment

Sg-1 13

Sga 6

Comment

Bring together the two series?....

I don't think so.... each one have it's own personality, and bring them together would seem like they couldn't survive with their own resources.... I think they are good just as they are.... and last for many years....

IMHO.....

sigpic
              ----------------------------
              Stars are not the limit.....
              The galaxies are not the limit....
              Your imagination have the last word...

----------------------------

Raziel...

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey1221
                The SG:C? Whats all that about?! Asin Stargate Command or is there a new spin off coming?
                That was what the first poster, deltsigpun suggested. That the two series form one new series.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey1221

Stargate: Command was what the writers were leaning towards renaming SG1 when season 9 began.

Comment

Hmmm... I guess it depends on how committed the writers (and SCIFI) are to the franchise.

Right now I'd say both series will be lucky to survive the upcoming seasons.

Combining the two shows sounds utterly moronic, but on the other hand, that also seems to be what the producers are trying to do. If it DOES happen, it'll happen without me.

Comment

Originally posted by deltsigpun
                      Stargate: Command was what the writers were leaning towards renaming SG1 when season 9 began.

OOOooooooooh!

Nah... personally i think re-naming a series would be confusing to newcomers. Maybe im the only one who thinks that but i could see it messing the franchise up.
                      Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                      MSN: [email protected]
                      feel free to add me on either

Comment

SGA is currently signed on to do six seasons.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

i think Stargate Atlantis has to do at least 5 seasons, ideally half of what Stargate does, really when stargate ends, stargate Atlantis should end and then they should compine both shows in one long movie to finish it all off, i personally think that is the best way to finish it, and admit it, all us fans want an amazing movie to finish off!!! one that does the show justice and one that has Jack and Hammond in it like they were from seasons 1-7
                          Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deltsigpun
                            Merge SGA and SG1 into a new show called Startgate: Command and go from there.
                            Love the whole "Startgate: Command" thing, but that would be a whole new series, not a spin-off or merge. Come to think of it I've never heard of a startgate...

Seriously though I think the 5-7 season mark is around it for SG:A, especially since SG-1 has exhausted alot of story lines (refer back to Joe Flanigan's troubles with Epiphany)

And I agree also with the Idea of both shows ending with a movie, although any movie would have to link with the first one, for people who haven't watched the series, so Atlantis' part would be somewhat non-existant.

Comment

If the film idea does come off tho, it would have to be with the original characters from the start. Other wise it just wouldnt be right.

I think they should keep the series going as long as they can, but no so it gets boring.

Comment

Working...
                              X