X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on 38 minutes [spoilers]

Whoosh sound in space, how Trek of them
    Weir just walking slowly across after being notified of a MEDICAL EMERGENCY. And her diagonal zipper shirt. Just came from Earth, no fashions like that here, especially military, scientist types. What, did she find an Ancient closet and raid it? Do Tayla's people have the zipper? Are the girls swapping clothes already? Just because you're in a different galaxy you wear all zippery clothing?
    They didn't get the med kit FIRST?!
    Sloow approach to gate
    Quarantine on gate was my first thought. The Ancient's gate senses a Wraith-like bio sign and blocks it out.
    Klingon! Eh, funny, but not easily out of the mouth of Beckett. Clinger, maybe. The joke seemed forced. But I liked the paused reactions!
    No Technobabble, please. Third too many Star Trek digs.
    Interesting subplot with the native beliefs. Realistic!
    Cut of Cavanaugh's privates! HA! Good one.
    Interesting set up for future developments between Weir and Cavanaugh. Hopefully.
    Unintelligible dialogue. I had to turn on my cc. "What's the good of that." Enunciate your lines, Flanagan!
    What? What? This always bugs me when, for dramatic effect, characters, especially military types, say "OH NO!" Person on other end of things says "WHAT?!" And first person says "We've got a problem?!" In real life, especially military, precise details of a threat or danger would be the first words out. This exchange went on a little too long before vital info was mentioned. Listen to those OnStar commercials or a 911 call.
    Dump the Tayla subplot. She doesn't seem to feel any need to prepare for impending death. This important belief is not reflected in her behavior, not even a tiny little bit.
    I like the risky solution options. Well done.
    CUT HIS SHIRT OPEN! Third episode and we already get ripped shirt!
    They shoot the bug, before reviving Sheppard?! Eh perhaps this wasn't acted fast enough for me. The whole getting him into the event horizon wasn't the smoothest acting. He's dead, just haul him.
    The bug coming alive, and then going out with the jacket, was pretty much for the viewers only. I don't think Ford realized 1) the bug was alive again, and 2) he was saved from it by blowing the hatch.
    "I'll be in the jumper bay." Somewhat redundant dialogue.
    Tayla after, still not into the death moment thing. Having a defeatist, or someone a little preoccupied with the possibility of failure, on the PJ, would have been interesting, but possibly too much in one PJ.
    Poor dialogue sync between Beckett and the reviving process.
    Tayla nicely hovering over injured man, ahhh. Hurt comfort isn't just for fanfiction.
    Funny strange that nobody smiled and great rejoicing at "He's going to be OK." Muted reactions, perhaps expressing the gravitas of the situation. Which is a change from the normal TV overreaction to happy ending. It was kinda weird, but it's growing on me as a good thing.
    Ending scene in med ward, Weir and everybody else back in ordinary early 21st century Earth garb. The zippers didn't work for her?!
    Umm, Sheppard's Ancient gene match did not come into play with Ancient's enemy.
    Also missing: a moment of joy at the beginning of the med ward scene, a private moment between Sheppard and Ford before the others come in.
    "You pushed him through the event horizon?!"
    "Yes, sir."
    "Cool!"

Worst thing: ripped shirt third episode into the series, and ripped for most of the ep, too.

It was okay, but the worst episode so far I think. Did anyone notice Sheppard breathing when they were trying to revive him?

Comment

Yea I noticed that. I don't think he drew a breathe though, I think he gulpped, when he was supposed to be dead. Unless we are talking about two different things. I saw a gulp....

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
      X