218 "Journalist's Day" Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

218 "Journalist's Day" Review

A review of the all-new episode "Journalist's Day" is now available at SG:U!
    You can read it here.
    Last edited by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia; 04 May 2006, 03:44 PM.

Got this one up right away, didn't you?

As usual, a good read with interesting points, containing notes on the bad and good bits.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
      Got this one up right away, didn't you?

As usual, a good read with interesting points, containing notes on the bad and good bits.
      If you agree that those mentioned parts were bad, you should have said so before the episode was released.

But actually I just wanted to say that there's one little detail that isn't correct. Not everyone on Horizon but Zach knew about that, only the senior staff members knew - that being the Horizon team, Lenori, Callen and Bay'lar. Everyone else hasn't got a clue. But in all fairness, that wasn't mentioned directly anywhere in the episode.

Anyway. Looking forward to the review of "Aversion". That one's "different" in a whole other way.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Well, I was going to mention that it was only the senior staff, but that would have slowed the pace of the review and made it seem like I was rambling. I tend to do that a lot in real life, so I try to avoid that on the internet.

Anyway, "Aversion" is an episode I'm really looking forward to. To be honest, I wasn't so crazy about "Journalist's Day" to begin with, but real character-developing episodes, like "The Adversary," "Amazing Grace," and "Aversion" - these are what I live for, man!

Comment

If you agree that those mentioned parts were bad, you should have said so before the episode was released.
          I didn't say anything about agreeing, I was just referring to the fact that he mentioned things he liked and disliked. Perhaps that would have been a better way of putting it.
          Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
            real character-developing episodes, like "The Adversary," "Amazing Grace," and "Aversion" - these are what I live for, man!
            Me too.

Comment

I didn't say anything about agreeing, I was just referring to the fact that he mentioned things he liked and disliked. Perhaps that would have been a better way of putting it.
              I know that's not how you meant it, it just kind of read that way at first. So I just couldn't resist the comment.

I have to say again, it is nice to finally have some reviews somewhere. I noticed less people seem to be commenting on the episodes lately, and the polls don't get used very much either. So it's great that someone takes the time to even do reviews of them.

Comment

I know, it's crazy! I totally don't understand why people have stopped talking about Horizon as much as they did earlier in the season. I think the multi-month mid-season hiatus might have slightly reduced the number of commenters, but I can't figure out for the life of me how that could possibly account for the lack of traffic.

As long as the file downloads are still up, though, and the episodes are being read, that's a good thing, but still, comment, people!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                  I know, it's crazy! I totally don't understand why people have stopped talking about Horizon as much as they did earlier in the season. I think the multi-month mid-season hiatus might have slightly reduced the number of commenters, but I can't figure out for the life of me how that could possibly account for the lack of traffic.

As long as the file downloads are still up, though, and the episodes are being read, that's a good thing, but still, comment, people!
                  Yeah, we know that the majority of readers just don't comment, or even post on this forum, for that matter.

There's nothing you can do, of course. But we've said before, comments are always appreceated. Especially if a lot of time and effort has been put into something, it's always nice to see some feedback.

But we just assume everyone who doesn't comment is loving every single episode.

Comment

Your getting more comments than S1 when it was mainly me. lol
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

The first three acts was alright and quite comical and even the last acts were find. But the truth is that the entire epidsode plot was just to obvious and by the end i thought it was not really worth reading the last three to four acts because I knew exactly what was going to happen from act 2. I just thought it needed a plot twist at the end something that the audience would not exspecting.
                      Like perhaps zach being right all along with out the rest of the crew knowing and with out him self knowing. Perhaps the ambassador being a triple agent. What I mean by this that she could of been agent of the kih andari and then pretended to be a double agent for the vorian command while still actually being a loyal agent to the kih andari and I just think it would been more interesting.

I would have this was a very adverage epidsode, and possible my lease favourte amongst the horizon virtuall season.

All I hope is that you got a episode plan were zach and Bay'lar will be force to work with each other, could be a good story idea.

Comment

A triple agent, that would certainly be interesting. Then again, maybe she is one and we just don't know it yet.

I can't really comment on the predictability of the episode, since I knew before it was written what the outcome was.
                        Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

I'm hoping that what we have in store in the final few episodes will be enough to get discussion rolling once again.
                          Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

I'm hoping that what we have in store in the final few episodes will be enough to get discussion rolling once again.
                            I agree, the end of the season looks fantastic. I can't wait for the reactions in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                              But the truth is that the entire epidsode plot was just to obvious and by the end i thought it was not really worth reading the last three to four acts because I knew exactly what was going to happen from act 2.
                              You knew at the end of act two that she would turn out to be a Kih'Andari spy later in the episode (with the Kih'Andari not even having been mentioned anywhere in the episode at that point), and then later we'd find out that she's actually a Vorian agent pretending to be a Kih'Andari spy? Wow. That's quite impressive.

Anyway. We'd ask that all episode comments by readers will be kept in the actual episode discussion thread, as usual. This thread should focus on discussing the review at SGU.

Just playing mod.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X