This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A second regular team for Atlantis

We constantly have the flagteam(Sheppard, Telya, McKay and Ronin) of Atlantis running around, but what about a second regular one, a kinda SG-2 copy. And than fill it with recurring characters.

And it would have the following people:

-Major Lorne
    -Lieutenant Cadman
    -Dr Radek Zelenka
    -??? either Carson Beckett or Sora of the Genii(as a liason for the Genii)
    Scoping through the night...looking for Athosians

Erm let's see...

Yep yours is good. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Damar
      We constantly have the flagteam(Sheppard, Telya, McKay and Ronin) of Atlantis running around, but what about a second regular one, a kinda SG-2 copy. And than fill it with recurring characters.

And it would have the following people:

-Major Lorne
      -Lieutenant Cadman
      -Dr Radek Zelenka
      -??? either Carson Beckett or Sora of the Genii(as a liason for the Genii)
      Unfortuantely we're still waiting for character development on the first team, so maybe in a few years. A second team is liable to get blown away!

Comment

Sounds good to me. We can throw in a second team and gradually bring them in everytime you need a second team. SG-1 has used SG-3 Marines a lot.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Major Lorne is easily one of my favourite characters in Atlantis. He definatly deserves some sort of leadership
          Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
          MSN: [email protected]
          feel free to add me on either

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey1221
            Major Lorne is easily one of my favourite characters in Atlantis. He definatly deserves some sort of leadership
            Well Lorne is Sheppard's second in command and has his own team (they were captured by the Genii in "Coup D'Etat")

It'd be nice to see Lorne in a more leadery role now and then though
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
              Well Lorne is Sheppard's second in command and has his own team (they were captured by the Genii in "Coup D'Etat")

It'd be nice to see Lorne in a more leadery role now and then though
              Yes... i knew that *ahem* ... really i did!

*hides in the corner*
              Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
              MSN: [email protected]
              feel free to add me on either

Comment

On the one hand, it'd be nice to start branching out now and introducing us to some of the other teams so that IF the show actually manages to stay on the air they'll have something to work with and won't fall into the same rut as SG-1 (never mind the fact that TPTB are already forcing it into the same rut). There'll be greater diversity and less dependency on the "flagship team" leading to more and different storylines with different personalities and results.

On the other hand... the writers can't even cope with the team they have now. They're at such a loss about what to do with them that they have to focus on two of their main characters (McKay and Shep) and turn them into shallow stareotypes rather than risk some actual character development. McKay's probably the only one who has any dimension and that's because the writers love him... they don't know what to do with anyone else, which is at least partly why they dumped Ford.

Any additions to the scope of the show would, I think, not be handled very well and would ruin all the characters rather than develop them.

Also, in my personal opinion, when a spinoff must constantly rely on characters and plotlines from its parent show, it's in mortal creative peril. Assuming the show even lasts beyond the life of SG-1 (and TPTB seem to be doing everything in their power to prevent it) I think the result will be far poorer than anything we've seen thus far.

I would LOVE to see more of Lorne and his team... but I shudder at what TPTB would do to them.

Comment

Personally I'd love to see more of the secondary characters (esp Lorne and Cadman), it's nice seeing familiar faces return. But then moderation is the key, I probably wouldn't be too happy if it cut too much into the development of the main characters.

Comment

Well, with all due respect, BB, do you honestly think the main characters are EVER going to be developed? Sure, TPTB say they're going to work on characer development, but if SG-1 is anything to judge by, character development = ship. I, for one, am not interested in THAT kind of "development".

Besides, with half the cast of SG-1 invading at regular intervals, TPTB aren't going to have time to remember the piddly little characters from SG-1 Too Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Well, with all due respect, BB, do you honestly think the main characters are EVER going to be developed? Sure, TPTB say they're going to work on characer development, but if SG-1 is anything to judge by, character development = ship. I, for one, am not interested in THAT kind of "development".

Besides, with half the cast of SG-1 invading at regular intervals, TPTB aren't going to have time to remember the piddly little characters from SG-1 Too Atlantis.
                      I'm an optimist.

I know to take what TPTB to say with a grain of salt and my imagination can take up any slack they leave behind.

Comment

I like your choices . I like the idea of Lorne being in a leadership position, I just love his character .

Comment

you mean like law & Order: criminal Intent,
                          where 1 week is about Detectives Goren (Vincent D'Onofrio) and Eames (Kathryn Erbe), then the other team is Detective Mike Logan & Detective Carolyn Barek. so u want the show to extended to 2 teams instead of just 1 team being shown.

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                          pps = power per second
                          The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                          xfire = zpm
                          [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                          http://m2kclan.com
                          vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                          port: 3785
                          P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                          halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                          Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

I have to agree the character delopment in SGA is pitiful, Sg1 had a much better CD ark than SGA, within the first season we had already gotten to know the character back stories well; tealc and apophis and brayta/ryac, jack's son dying and his military past, daniel and share's 'thing': for one season thats pretty gd.
                            SGA on the other hand i couldnt tell you anything about wier, other than she used to be in the head of the SGC, done some diplomat work and is married to narim (apparently??)
                            i think i know more about ford than anyone! which isnt a good sign...
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

My reasons for the choices were this

Lorne: Capable leader with a good sense of humour, but still a lot more serious than Sheppard.

Zelenka: There have to be hundreds, if not thousands of Ancient tech laying around in the Pegasus galaxy, and i don't see a reason why McKay has to discover them all.

Cadman: I'm admitting, i want a Carter-figure on the team, but Cadman is much more relaxed than Carter, and would be like the O'neill of the team.

Beckett or Sora: Beckett because he is already constantly needed for some kind of medical or aidthing on offworld missions, so him going out actively wouldn't be much different. Plus he could work on his relation with Cadman.

And Sora would fill the 'alien' spot on the team, and she's a skilled marks'man' and hand-to-hand combattant. Her presence would also improve the relation between the Genii and Atlantis......and a possible love interest for Lorne.
                              Scoping through the night...looking for Athosians

Comment

Working...
                              X