PDA

View Full Version : New Doctor WHo movie

creed462
May 3rd, 2006, 01:19 PM
We know that there is talk, has been talk of a Doctor Who movie. Well what would you think if the new movie covered the events from the time war?

The Signal
May 3rd, 2006, 01:46 PM
No, I want it to be a mystery, the Time War would be very un-Doctor Who-ish, I would rather they didnt do a movie for a long time to come yet, let the show get its feet, then move on to something bigger (its still a little shakey now, I would say at least S4/30 or 5/31 before it will be ready to go to that stage.

Metarock Sam
May 3rd, 2006, 02:29 PM
Well id hope for a time war movie cos I reckon that would be both awesome and just great. As longs Paul Mcgann and Christopher Ecclestone reprise their rolls of cours :D.
If that fails I reckon they should do a TV movie with Multiple DOctors such as the Five Dotors. PErhaps a remake of Zageus or something else along those lines.

creed462
May 3rd, 2006, 02:52 PM
Well id hope for a time war movie cos I reckon that would be both awesome and just great. As longs Paul Mcgann and Christopher Ecclestone reprise their rolls of cours :D.
If that fails I reckon they should do a TV movie with Multiple DOctors such as the Five Dotors. PErhaps a remake of Zageus or something else along those lines.
THat what I was thinking

yaaayoubetcha
May 4th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Nope...no TW movie here.

I like the mystery and I like the occasional bit of revelation and if they decide to really flesh it out, I suspect it'll be something bigger than can be fit into 90mins if it's to be done well.

An entire season dedicated to the tell...13 hrs of Time War goodness.
(ok...a bit less than that due to advertising time)

creed462
May 4th, 2006, 08:24 AM
They could always make it a seris of movies
Ep 1: The Dalek Menis
Ep2: The dalek war
Ep3: Revenge of the Daleks
Ep 4: The Doctor the only hope
Ep 5: Davros strikes back
Ep 6: Return of the Doctor

GhostPoet
May 4th, 2006, 11:49 AM
I'd like to see a new movie up on the big screen. But not about the Time-War.

POssibly something dealing with the Cybermen.

Flyboy
May 4th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Nah, they've just been used.

Unfortunatly its difficult. A dalek movie would be too cliche. The cybermen have just been done in S2/28, and the Masters gone.

Either an all new enemy, or a cool old one.

Metarock Sam
May 4th, 2006, 01:36 PM
They could always make it a seris of movies
Ep 1: The Dalek Menis
Ep2: The dalek war
Ep3: Revenge of the Daleks
Ep 4: The Doctor the only hope
Ep 5: Davros strikes back
Ep 6: Return of the Doctor
LMAO thats cheesly great. Hey you could also have a spin off called K-9 on Holiday and other great things like that.

creed462
May 4th, 2006, 07:23 PM
The cybermen would be cool too

Easter Lily
May 5th, 2006, 03:19 AM
I'm not sure that I'm that keen on a movie at this point in time... I'd like to see David Tennant settle into the role first. I don't want to have a movie just for the sake of having one. It'd be seen as purely a cynical commercial exercise. The script needs to be really good because expectations are going to be extremely high.

Metarock Sam
May 8th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Well im Hoping for Tennant to run as long as Tom Baker !!! if not... Longer !!!!!!!

creed462
May 8th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Well im Hoping for Tennant to run as long as Tom Baker !!! if not... Longer !!!!!!!
I second that

Metarock Sam
May 8th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Okies !!!!!!!
I think they should show it for the 50th anniversairy and have it featuring all the Doctors in at some point.Well maybe except the first 3 but still. They could be Holograms like they were in Zageus.

Darkseid
May 8th, 2006, 02:25 PM

TESTIFY!!

I'll tell you what, when they sign Tennant to another contract they should make him sign one that says he has to do a feature as well. What they should do is a Doctor Who direct to video film. They would make a killing on it! No Time War, nothing that will reshae the character or anything. Just a straight up big(ger) budget two hour adventure that will entertain the socks off us...

creed462
May 8th, 2006, 02:32 PM
TESTIFY!!

I'll tell you what, when they sign Tennant to another contract they should make him sign one that says he has to do a feature as well. What they should do is a Doctor Who direct to video film. They would make a killing on it! No Time War, nothing that will reshae the character or anything. Just a straight up big(ger) budget two hour adventure that will entertain the socks off us...
That would be cool, but when would it get state side

Metarock Sam
May 8th, 2006, 02:43 PM
That would be cool, but when would it get state side
When the time comes. They could always do a mini series Doctor Who : The Time War .

creed462
May 8th, 2006, 02:44 PM
When the time comes. They could always do a mini series Doctor Who : The Time War .
That would be Fantastic

Metarock Sam
May 8th, 2006, 02:49 PM
A bit like Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars except without the killing of one of the best main characters.

creed462
May 8th, 2006, 02:51 PM
A bit like Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars except without the killing of one of the best main characters.
It was sad, but they did leave it so they could bring him back

Metarock Sam
May 8th, 2006, 02:56 PM
True, too true.

creed462
May 8th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I wait for a Farscape movie