This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Four revisited

Ive decided to rewrite Season Four of SG1, although i have left some episode intact. Give me your thoughts.

Stargate SG1 : Season Four

Richard Dean Anderson as Jack O’Neill
    Michael Shanks as Dr Daniel Jackson
    Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter
    Christopher Judge as Teal’c
    Don S Davis as General Hammond

1. Small Victories

While Carter helps the Asgard fight the replicators galaxies away, Teal'c, Daniel, and O'Neill must contain them on Earth.

2. Fallen Angel

On a mission to a planet ruled by a goa’uld named Khepri , Major Carter discovers the former host of Jolinar, Rosha living as one of the goa’ulds harem, Carter driven by a loyalty to Jolinar tries to rescue her against the orders of O'Neill but is captured. SG1 call Martouf from the tok’ra, Jolinar’s former lover to assist, but when Rosha recognises Martouf she orders the Jaffa to capture him, In prison Carter learns the Rosha was once a Prisoner of Khepri, but was tortured and when dying her symbiote jumped from her body into another body. Rosha was then chosen by Khepri as one of his Harem and revived in a sarcophagus. SG1 must escape from the confines of the Goa’uld, whilst Carter and Martouf plan to capture Rosha and take her back to the Tok’ra.

When Khepri's Jaffa bring food to the prisoners, O'Neill and Teal'c jump them, and steal thier body armour and helmets. O'Neill and Teal'c lead Jackson, Carter and Martouf out of the dungeon, and try to sneak out of the palace undetected, but when Carter see's Rosha, her and Martouf run after her. O'Neill is forced to leave them behind and he , Teal'c and Dr Jackson make it out unharmed.

Meanwhile Carter and Martouf follow Rosha to her room, and she climbs into a sarchophagus. Martouf and Carter overide the controls of the sarchophagus and when she climbs out , they Zat her. They then try to get her out of the Palace, but are surrounded by Jaffa. Rosha is woken and her eyes glow, She has been infected by a Goa'uld. She orders the Jaffa to kill Carter and Martouf, but just in time O'Neill, Teal'c and Daniel kill the Jaffa, and rescue thier team-mates, Rosha disappears into the Palace. Carter insists they go back for her but Martouf and O'Neill disagree, but Martouf is adament that when the time comes, they will retrive her.

3. Upgrades

The Tok'ra ask the SG-1 to test some mysterious alien armbands, but it soon becomes clear the armbands have lethal side effects that endanger the team in the midst of a critical mission.

4. The Rise and the Fall of Robert Rothman

Whilst Teal'c and Bra'tac are on Chulak gathering support for thier cause, Dr Daniel Jackson, Nyan, and Dr Robert Rothman catelogue artefacts brought back through the stargate over the past 4 years. One device that Rothman unknowingly activates begins to affect his mind, giving him a newfound confidence and belief in himself, whilst first all is good, Rothman soon becomes irritable and begins to show signs of Goa'uld like arrogance.

When Rothman suddenly looses conciousness Dr Fraiser finds naquada in his system along with an unknown chemical. When Daniel and Nyan trace the cause of Rothmans illness to a glowing artefact in Jacksons office, O'Neill, Carter and Dr Jackson revisit the planet where it was found to find a cure.

O'Neill and Carter discover and labratory containing technology that is similar in design to the repositary of knowledge that O'Neill looked into 2 years previously. Carter sumises that it might be Ancient technology. She finds a database and locates the device that did this, and Daniel decifers enough to learn that once the device is switched off Rothman will be okay. With this knowledge they are able to save his life, and his personality returns to normal. With Rothman back to normal and fearing that everyone will hate him after his Goa'uld like behaviour, Daniel says they will always be friends.

5. Divide and Conquer

During a meeting of the Tok'ra High Council, one of the SGC soldiers goes berserk and attacks them before taking his own life. It soon becomes clear that the Goa'uld have a new weapon - a mind control technique that can turn anyone into a preprogrammed assassin. SGC soon realizes that Jack and Sam may be the next programmed assassins. But as Jack and Sam are proved innocent, Martouf pays the ultimate price.

6. Window of Opportunity

When an alien scientist activates an Ancient device that the Ancients tried to use to travel back in time, Jack and Teal'c get caught in a time loop.

7. Scorched Earth

SG-1 helps transfer the residents of a Goa'uld slave planet to a new world, but soon find the planet is the target of a terraforming effort that will wipe out its new inhabitants.

8. The First Ones

An archaeological team makes an amazing discovery - a planet holding primordial Goa'uld symbiotes. But the planet also is home to the Unas, the first race that acted as a host to the symbiote, and the team and SG-1 are soon in danger from the symbiotes.

9. Faceless

On a mission to P4X - 757 , SG1 are witness to a meeting between Jolinars former host Rosha and Zipacna, Apophis's underling. It seems that Rosha is betraying Khepri, giving Zipacna the details of Khepri's modest army of Jaffa. As SG1 begin to leave to share this information with the Tok'ra, Zipacna orders his Serpent Guards to kill Rosha. Carter intervenes Killing the Jaffa but Zipacna escapes, and it is too late. Rosha has been severely wounded, her Goa'uld has left her body and is dead. Rosha is dying.

SG1 take Rosha back to the SGC and call the Tok'ra who regret that they are unable to help her, and that she must do this on her own if she is to survive. Major Carter and Dr Fraiser work to save her life. As she recovers it becomes apparent that Rosha has no memory of her life prior to waking up in the SGC, as Carter tries to rebuild her memories, it is not until she mentions Martouf's death that Rosha suddenly remembers all that has gone before, and mourns his death.

Meanwhile the rest of SG1 along with Jacob Carter visit the world of Khepri in a cloaked cargo ship, and witness Apophis obliterating Khepri's front line forces, and the rest of his army joing Apophis. Jacob says that Apophis has killed serveral minor Goa'uld like Khepri, his forces are growing, and he is becoming a serious threat.

10. Beneath the surface

SG-1 are brainwashed and given memories of new lives and put to work as mining slaves on an alien world. While Hammond tries to find out if they're still alive, the SG-1 must struggle with their returning memories and plot their escape.

11. Point of no return

Martin Lloyd, a conspiracy nutjob, calls up the SGC but has accurate knowledge of the Stargate. Martin claims to own a spaceship and is dismissed as a crackpot, but a series of incidents suggests that there may be more to his claims.

12. The Curse

When Daniel Jackson's old archeology professor, Dr. Jordan, dies in a mysterious lab explosion, Daniel pays a return visit to his old academic stomping grounds. But as he reacquaints himself with his former colleagues, he begins to suspect that Dr. Jordan's death may not have been an accident. He discovers that one of the items the professor was studying, an ancient Egyptian jar, contains a perfectly preserved Goa'uld symbiote. Apparently, a crack in the vessel compromised the sedative solution within, killing the creature. But further investigation reveals a second jar may have existed. With a Goa'uld apparently stalking the campus and the local community abuzz with talk of an ancient curse, Daniel must unravel the mystery before it's too late.

13. Chain Reaction

When General Hammond announces he is stepping down as head of the SGC, O'Neill suspects that there is more to his decision than he is letting on. And, as it turns out, O'Neill is right as he discovers that the NID was behind the change of command. Fed up with the general's inability to acquire alien technology through whatever means necessary, it pressured him into resigning. When Hammond's replacement breaks up SG-1 and assigns Carter the task of building a planet-killing Naquadah bomb, O'Neill takes matters into his own hands. He decides to take on the NID, but his success will rest in the hands of a most unlikely ally: Colonel Maybourne.

14. 2010

Nine years in the future, the Goa'uld have been defeated thanks to an alliance with an advanced alien race. Transportation technology and off-world Stargate travel is now commonplace. However, Carter finds out that most of the human race has secretly been rendered sterile by Earth's new allies. She and the other SG-1 team members must rig the Stargate for time travel (first done in the episode "1969") and send a message back to their counterparts in 2001 to prevent contact with the alien race.

15. Tangent

O'Neill and Teal'c are thrown into Deep Space whilst testing a new craft built from 2 goa'uld death gliders

16. The promised one

On a routine trip to Abydos, Kasuf shows Daniel some recently discovered catacombs, and hieroglyphs that tell of the promised one, a being of pure energy who will save the Abydonians when thier futures are threatened.

As Daniel and Skarra explore deeper into the catacombs, A Goa'uld mothership commanded by Heru-ur comes out of hyperspace and lands on the pyramid that houses the stargate. Horus Guards begin to attack the abydonians and Kasuf is captured, and tortured, Daniel and Skaraa try to leave the catacombs but are spotted by Jaffa, who shoot at Dr Jackson and cause a cave in, Daniel and Skaara are trapped in the cave.

Back in the SGC Daniel is 2 hours overdue for communication, General Hammond sends a M.A.L.P to Abydos to be greeted by the end of a staff weapon. Jacob, who is visiting Sam, suggests that they take the Cargo Ship he came in, and help Daniel. Jack agrees and they leave for Abydos. Meanwhile, unable to leave the catacombs Daniel and Skaraa begin to translate some of the writings , and discover an ancient device, they use it and a glowing light appears , Daniel and Skarra follow it as it punches through the cave in allowing them to exit, The glowing light seems to make the Horus Guards disapear and Kasuf is restored to health, Heru-urs ship disapears, and Heru-ur makes his escape by Stargate.

The glowing light then stops in front of Daniel and Skaara, and transforms into a young boy. "I am harcesis" he says "Thankyou for calling on me, I have paid back that, i owe to this world and its people, and my mother". Daniel is stunned, and as a Goa'uld cargo ship begins to land, The boy disapears. Jack, Carter, Teal'c and Jacob exit the cargo ship and are shocked to find that thier help isnt needed.

17. Prodigy

During a visit to the Air Force Academy, Carter makes the acquaintance of Jennifer Hailey, a promising young cadet with a rebellious streak. Carter sees great potential in her, but Jennifer seems determined to sabotage her future with the Air Force. She is fiercely independent, opinionated, and resentful of Carter to whom she is constantly being compared. On the other hand, Hailey is brilliant and Carter eventually decides to show her what she can look forward to if she stays the course - by bringing her through the Stargate. The two of them visit an offworld research base where O'Neill and Teal'c are on security detail, "babysitting" a group of ungrateful scientists. But the seemingly routine mission takes a deadly turn when they are attacked by alien life forms composed of pure energy. Trapped and cut off from the Stargate, SG-1 must make a desperate gamble to reach freedom before it's too late.
    Last edited by Ajayrious; 10 May 2006, 09:29 PM.

Why do you want to do this. Season 4 was great I hardly think such a project is nesecary.

Comment

im not saying it wasnt,

the reason why i chose season four is that in Season Four characters that i want to use died like Martouf and Heru'ur, and the start of season four just seemed like a nice place to start, it has nothing to do with season four being bad, quite the opposite in fact, i believe season four to be the last truly great season.

Comment

Uh, so then why are you changing it.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Yeah im confused. Characters you wanted to use? It's not your series you dont get to choose who lives or dies. And redoing a perfectly good season just seems really insulting to the show.

Comment

you completely misread my intentions, i dont intend to rewrite the history of the show, i merely wish to add my episodes to the season. and i had to start them in season four because otherwise characters that i wanted to use in my episodes would be dead.

Comment

hmmm.....season four was great, i don't like the sound of this but its not up to me so i say good luck and don't forget to upload your finished product here at Gateworld
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Why do you want to do this. Season 4 was great I hardly think such a project is nesecary.
                And redoing a perfectly good season just seems really insulting to the show.
                Unnecessary? Insulting to the show? For pity's sake - where have you guys been?

One of the great founding principles of fanfic, going right back to its inception - and some of the greatest fun of writing fanfic - is the principle of 'what if?' What if there was a small change here, a large difference there? How would that change how the events of an episode - or season - turned out.

Fanfic writers have been playing 'what if' for decades. It's not an insult, it's simply a questing imagination that wonders about all the possibilities. Ajayrious just seems to be carrying on a great tradition, like a million fanfic writers before her/him. Fanfic would be a poor world if we couldn't let our imaginations fly and wonder what might have been. There's no rule says you can only write about what happened on screen and how things played out in canon. Exploring all the angles is part of the fun.

Albion (who rates S4 as probably her favourite, but is happy to see alternative universes now and then)
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Ajayrious
                  Ive decided to rewrite Season Four of SG1, although i have left some episode intact. Give me your thoughts.

Stargate SG1 : Season Four

Richard Dean Anderson as Jack O’Neill
                  Michael Shanks as Dr Daniel Jackson
                  Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter
                  Christopher Judge as Teal’c
                  Don S Davis as General Hammond

1. Small Victories

as reality

2. Fallen Angel

On a mission to a planet ruled by a goa’uld named Khepri , Major Carter discovers the former host of Jolinar, Rosha living as one of the goa’ulds harem, Carter driven by a loyalty to Jolinar tries to rescue her against the orders of O'Neill but is captured. SG1 call Martouf from the tok’ra, Jolinar’s former lover to assist, but when Rosha recognises Martouf she orders the Jaffa to capture him, In prison Carter learns the Rosha was once a Prisoner of Khepri, but was tortured and when dying her symbiote jumped from her body into another body. Rosha was then chosen by Khepri as one of his Harem and revived in a sarcophagus. SG1 must escape from the confines of the Goa’uld, whilst Carter and Martouf plan to capture Rosha and take her back to the Tok’ra.

more coming soon
                  I love Season Four - it, along with Seasons One, Two, Three, Five, Six, Seven and Eight, is one of my joint favourite seasons - but the "Fallen Angel" story sounds fascinating.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

i have updated it, what are your thoughts

Comment

The 3rd episode you posted is "Upgrades" not Crossroads (which I believe was Shaunac's episode)
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Ajayrious
                        i have updated it, what are your thoughts
                        Your changes sound interesting.

Are you planning to leave the episodes you're keeping intact, or will you be altering them?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin
                          Yeah im confused. Characters you wanted to use? It's not your series you dont get to choose who lives or dies. And redoing a perfectly good season just seems really insulting to the show.
                          I thought the point of fanfiction is to use your imagination and make a story that works wel with the series. What's wrong with us making our own stories.

I'm writing a remake of sg-1 wit new characters, nothing wrong with that...

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            Your changes sound interesting.

Are you planning to leave the episodes you're keeping intact, or will you be altering them?
                            Most will be left unchanged, however occasionally there may be slight changes

Comment

18. Sight

Cronus arrives to propose an allience with Heru-ur, who agrees to meet by cargo ship on a shielded planet, during the meeting Cronus attack's Heru-ur in which both are severely injured, Cronus is castrated, Heru-ur is blinded in one eye. Cronus leaves and destroys Heru-urs Cargo Ship and Pyramid Ship in orbit, Heru-ur is left on the planet to die.

On the same planet, the Stargate activates, and a MALP robot comes through, onto the desolate featureless planet. Back in the SGC O'Neill is unimpressed with the "boring" planet, but Sam is excited by the atmospheric readings coming from the MALP and wants to take a closer look.

Heru-ur watches from afar as SG1 come through the gate, and Sam starts to take readings. Once Sam is finished thety open the gate to gto back home, Heru-ur makes a run for the gate and gets through appearing in the Gate Room right behind them. He asks for Medical Help in excghange for information which O'Neill and Hammond reluctantly agree too.

Dr Fraiser restores him to health, but he breaks loose from his bonds in the Infirmary and takes Fraiser as hostage, he activates the gate and attempts to escape, O'Neill shoots him as he falls through the Stargate escaping but this allows Dr Fraiser to escape

19. The Serpents Venom

While visiting Chulak to gather support for a Jaffa rebellion, Teal'c is captured by the Goa'uld. The rest of SG-1, unaware of his fate, are dispatched to thwart a burgeoning alliance between Apophis and Heru-ur. But when they arrive at the neutral location chosen for the meeting - an ancient minefield floating in space - they discover that Heru-ur has brought along a gift to seal the deal: a battered but defiant Teal'c. SG-1 is torn. Do they try to rescue Teal'c? Or, as Jacob Carter argues, does the success of their mission outweigh the life of their friend?

As the Tok'ra's plan goes into affect, it appears a blind Heru-ur has attacked his new ally, Apophis reveals a cloaked fleet and fires on Heru'urs ship destroying it, whilst Apophis fleet allows Apophis to escape by taking the punishment from the minefield. Just as SG1 persuade Jacob to rescue Teal'c , a death glider appears, flown by one of Heru'urs jaffa and as his passenger is Teal'c.

20. The Light

SG1 become addicted to a hypnotic light show in a abandoned goa'uld temple

21. Double Jeopardy

SG-1 returns to a planet they helped free from Goa'uld enslavement. Once, with the assistance of SG-1, the people of this world were able to rebel against the forces of Heru'ur and win their freedom. Now, they face a vengeful Cronus determined to make them pay for their insolence. SG-1 is prepared to lead them once again, but it turns out their former allies are not so eager to answer the call to arms. After all, they were promised that if they buried their gate, they would be safe. Instead, the Goa'uld returned in ships - and the planet's inhabitants paid a terrible price. O'Neill and his team must win their confidence before they can win the battle against Cronus. Fortunately, they have help in the form of their robot duplicates, eager to assist them on this doubly-difficult mission.

22. Exodus

With Cronus ship in their control, SG1 plan to help the Tok'ra move thier base to a new planet unknown to the Goa'uld, however when Tok'ra spies report that Apophis has been told about this and is on his way to destroy the Tok'ra, SG1 know they have a spy in their midst. Whilst O'Neill, Teal'c, Daniel and Anise investigate, Sam and Jacob comeup with an audacious plan to blow up the sun using the Tok'ra stargate and the black hole that the SGC connected to 2 years previously, and take Apophis fleet with it.

Anise discovers that Rosha is the spy, and Rosha kills Anise and trys to make her escape, but Sam follows her and goes to shoot her, just as a set of rings activates and Rosha is gone. Jacob tells Sam to put it behind her, and they go ahead with the plan to destroy the sun. The stargate is actiavted and released into the sun.

As Apophis' fleet nears, a series of malfunctions befall the ship. Sam and AJcob find the control crystals destroyed, thier only explanation, sabotage. Sam thinks Rosha must be aboard, and whilst Jacob races to repair the ship in time, SG1 hunt Rosha ... Just in the nick of time Jacob repairs the ship and pilots the ships escape, The sun blows up, and Apophis fleet is destroyed.

The ship comes out of Hyperspace, but millions of light years off course, in an unknown part of the universe. With things not bad enough for the team, Apophis flagship appears out of hyperspace, and prepares to attack.

To be continued...

had to post this down here because the charcter limit was reached in the above post

Comment

Working...
                              X