X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bane...

Bane

Episode Number - 210

i think these bugs could be a warithus bugs prorta to the mw for study by the accients what u think?

R.I.P Carson.

Originally posted by nemisis
    Bane
    Episode Number - 210
    i think these bugs could be a warithus bugs prorta to the mw for study by the accients what u think?
    Stargate SG-1 Season 2 Episode 10: Bane
    Bug Behavior: Stings Victim. The venom then rewrites the DNA to cause the victim to grow 10+ more bugs of the same kind.

Stargate Atlantis Wraith Bugs:
    Bug Behavior: Mentally links with victim, then drains the life out of them. Theory is that the wraith bugs evolved into Wraith due to contact with human DNA. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wraith_(Stargate)

Not quite the same. One uses the other to reproduce (bane bugs), the other evolved from humans (theory on Wraith bugs)

Comment

No, they work in a totally different way to the Iratious bugs and were also out in the light quite comfortably at the start of the episode, while the Iratious are big lovers of darkness.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Oh those tricky accinets and their warithus bugs prorta magical parlor tricks.

Comment

Have we actually thought about the fact that the Wraith came about because of the Ancients, by putting humans on a planet with these bugs and then the Asurans came about due to the Ancients as well, from their inability to handle and contain the nanite viruses. Hmmmm. The ancients are so stupid even i'm more clever.
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Ancients are book-smart. They aren't too saavy with the common sense. It happens a lot with people who are completely science-oriented.

Comment

Nicely said Icyneko.
              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Thanks! Had to look it up myself in the Accinet Data base... under "warithus bugs prorta"

Comment

I doubt it.

The Iratus bugs are parisitical & seem to be Lone Hunters, seeing as one made a web but swarm at mating season. They are also flighless & the size of a child's head.

The Bane bug are carnivorus, work in packs, breed through a Wasp *shudders* like method & are winged & flight capable. They're aslo quite large (around 1m (?) in legth approx.).

I doubt they are related. Plsu, the Palnet the Bane bugs came from wasn't Lantien themed, seemed to be less advanced & Daniel would have noticed it.

Don't be fooled into thinking every non-human creatures you see that are similar are related... A terrestial example would be Bats & Birds; Winged, 4 limbs, etc, but not related.

Comment

Working...
                  X