The Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hatch

Before season 2 started (anywhere), what did you think was inside the hatch that Locke found?
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

jesus

Comment

More or less what they found. Some kind of scientific or look out post station thing.

Comment

Something big and bad...or very little and very bad.
        sigpic
        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Not very sure what i tought was in there, but something like a base burried underground.

Comment

Something like somekind of military bunker. Perhaps used for Nuclear testing.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Middle Earth.

Seriously...I figured old tech of sort...barely working...
              didn't think there'd be a Desmond or anything like that.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ
              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I thought it was an illeagal nuclear waste dump

Or weapons construction facility (part of or connected to)

Comment

Honestly? A Starbucks.

Or the Man Behind The Curtain. Apparantly The Pearl Station's closer to that...
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Eum well as the season two has now got to the fourth episode its been rather a bore with the hatch so far bar th opening two episodes. The third and fourth have been rather boring.

Onbe thing i want to know is what happens if the button is not pressed?

Also how Desmond has lived recently ever 108 mins no time really for sleep...

Comment

That might have been why Desmond was injecting himself with some unknown drug. Stimulants to keep himself awake and alert.

According to the Orientation film, the Hatch (aka, Dharma Station Swan), was originally a research station for the study of the unusual magnetic fields emanating from the Island, but there was some kind of "incident." Parts of the station were abandoned, a section was filled in with concrete, and the station then became devoted to simply pressing a button every 108 minutes. Whether or not the "incident" was a real event or just part of the whole behavioral experiment that the Island apparently is is one of the great mysteries of the show. But there obviously IS some kind of unusual energy force here on the Island, possibly geothermal or metaphysical in nature...so who knows?
                      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                      What have these years left to me?
                      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

no the drug was the same thing ethan injected claire with in her flashback in the medical hatch.
                        i believe it's a preventative measure against the "disease"
                        its RX 4815162342

Comment

But i wonder if we'll find out sometime what would happen if the button is not pressed?

What you people think will happen?

For me i think something like that monster could maybe rise above to the surface maybe something like that. Not sure though.

Comment

i was hoping it was some sort of armory

the show needs more guns !
                            Jack: Although a candle burns in my house, no one is home.

Comment

Hmm, I disagree. The show needs to begin solving the mystery before this gets out of whack and I stop watching.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X