X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rose coming alters the timeline.

Here's a question...

The Doctor is always careful with time. Not to alter it really...that's evident from the last episode...but isn't taking Rose with him on adventures altering time? She would have otherwise grown up and live her life in her era...so why take her out of the timeline and risk altering it?
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Oh you can find many many plot holes in Doctor Who. But the show doesn't care about that and neither should we. It's not that kinda show.

But if you really need an explanation:
    The Doctor is treating now (2006) as the present. You can alter the present because the future has not happened yet, but you can't change the past because it will alter the future (i.e the present).

Comment

Of course, you could go with the destiny deal and she was all way spose to travel with the Doctor
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The Doctor's presence has affected events.

Although the Time Lords had a policy of strict non-intervention, the Doctor was often "guided" to places by them to correct problems.

Sometimes, he even started revolutions; but he was careful to limit his interference so that he only helped folks along without profoundly affecting their culture.

In those cases where he went too far, he asked everyone to forget he had ever visited and took off with great haste.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
          She would have otherwise grown up and live her life in her era...so why take her out of the timeline and risk altering it?
          So would all of his companions/assistants.

Comment

The doctor changes the timeline regularly. The difference is he is aware of the entirity of the timeline and can predict what will happen if he makes changes. Also he usually just acts as a catalyst and the people of that time do the actual changing.. When Rose changed histsory it was a massive abrupt change that ripped time. Also I bet as a Time Lord the Doctors powers have a direct affect on how damaging his interferance is, so when he changes time his presence acts as salveon the wound in time.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              The doctor changes the timeline regularly. The difference is he is aware of the entirity of the timeline and can predict what will happen if he makes changes. Also he usually just acts as a catalyst and the people of that time do the actual changing.. When Rose changed histsory it was a massive abrupt change that ripped time. Also I bet as a Time Lord the Doctors powers have a direct affect on how damaging his interferance is, so when he changes time his presence acts as salveon the wound in time.

Makes sense. He did say he "knows what he's doing."

Wow..I can't believe it. I've becoming an obsessive Who fan. (well, new series anyway)
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                Makes sense. He did say he "knows what he's doing."

Wow..I can't believe it. I've becoming an obsessive Who fan. (well, new series anyway)
                Yeah, Ive become hooked on the new series too, Ive never really seen any of the old series, so my explanation is based solely on the new series. So far all the times we have seen him alter the timeline it is because it was different from how he knows it should be.

Comment

Well, seeing as Multiple Universes exist (e.g Cybermen) then alterring the Timeline doesn't matter as the new & old timeline still & have aways existed. Changing it just alters this Universe to take a different course & another Universe to split to take our Universes old course (in the Universe where the Doctor didn't take Rose or alter the timeline).

Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                    Well, seeing as Multiple Universes exist (e.g Cybermen) then alterring the Timeline doesn't matter as the new & old timeline still & have aways existed. Changing it just alters this Universe to take a different course & another Universe to split to take our Universes old course (in the Universe where the Doctor didn't take Rose or alter the timeline).

Simple.
                    Maybe, but maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                      Maybe, but maybe not. I Agree O Prophet, thou art Holier than I be.
                      Thank you creed462, absolutly correct!

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                        Thank you creed462, absolutly correct!
                        lol I think the differnt universes arn't as conected in DW ex. e-space, anti-matter universe

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                          lol I think the differnt universes arn't as conected in DW ex. e-space, anti-matter universe
                          Yeah... ... ...e-space?

Comment

There was an artificial conection but I don't think it shared a history

Comment

E-space is another Universe. which the Doctor reaches through travelling a Charged Vacuum Embodiment. The Doctor Travels through E-Space in the three Serials Full Circle, State of Decay and Warriors Gate and in this trilogy Romana And K-9 Depart and Adric stowaways onboard the TARDIS.
                              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                              X