The Lost Experience - Lose more of your life to Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lost Experience - Lose more of your life to Lost

I'm up to date with Lost in the USA but for old times I thought i would watch Lost on channel 4 last night, anyway during the advert break I was sure I caught an advert for the Dharma Initiative / Hanso Foundation. I searched back on the Sky Plus and there was an advert which also gave a telephone number at the end:

0800 666640

I called this number and it pointed me to the new and updated http://www.hansofoundation.org which has to be one of the best websites I have seen.

If you go to the newsletter section and login, the website goes all messed up and Pesephone (sp) asks you for the password which is given to you on the above number. I looked around around the other forums and it seems this is part of 'The Lost Experience' I just didn't want you guys to miss all the fun.

The number doesn't seem to work this morning, (you just get a recorded message) which is a shame but if you want to have a look on the website the password is:

Spoiler:
    breaking strain

Also in the Joop section send the password as a message to him and see what happens (click on the circles).

I assume this is going to be happening every week, great more late nights!

I vote we make this the official thread to discuss The Lost Experience over the summer.
    All the things we find, and news we hear - post them in here so we can all keep up.

Moving on...

This was in today's New York Times & one of the Globe. Full page ad:

Comment

And the # for Hanso in the USA is 1-877-HANSORG
      There's someone out there who has already recorded all the voice prompts too.

Comment

Article today on CNN.com about "Bad Twin"
        http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/book....ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Gary Troup, a name known to fans of the hit TV drama "Lost," has joined a special club that includes the likes of Ellen Rimbauer and Marcie Walsh: "authors" of books by television characters.

In Wednesday night's episode of the ABC hit show about plane crash survivors on a remote island, the con man Sawyer, played by Josh Holloway, is seen reading an advance copy of fellow passenger Gary Troup's "Bad Twin." Sawyer, an odd bookworm, describes it as a whodunit he's anxious to finish.

Troup has been missing since the plane went down, but a copy of his book just happened to land a while back in the offices of Hyperion Books, which, like ABC, is owned by the Walt Disney Company. "Bad Twin," billed as Troup's "final novel before disappearing on Oceanic Flight 815," was published this week. (And this week on "Lost" had a shocker of a plot twist.)

"We got this manuscript from this guy and we couldn't reach him. He apparently got on this plane in Australia and has been lost at sea," says Hyperion president Bob Miller, trying his best to play it straight.

"Gary Troup" is a true mystery man, his name an anagram for "Purgatory." But someone claiming to be the author shows up in a promotional video linked to the "Bad Twin" page on Amazon.com, and Miller himself provides a blurb: "Sure to be a classic of the genre."

ABC and Hyperion have had other joint projects. "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer," a prequel to the 2002 miniseries "Red Rose," recorded the thoughts of a magnate's wife trapped in a spooky Seattle mansion. "Ellen Rimbauer" was a best seller written by novelist Ridley Pearson, a good friend of the character's inventor, Stephen King. Pearson also is rumored to have written "Bad Twin."

Marcie Walsh is a recurring character on "One Life to Live" who on the show was writing a police thriller, "The Killing Club," that actually ended up in stores, in 2005. The program's former head writer, Michael Malone, is listed as co-author.

With "Lost" attracting millions of viewers, Hyperion has big expectations for "Bad Twin," announcing a first printing of 365,000. Wednesday's night show gave the book a strong but unspectaular bump, from 311 to 67 on Amazon.com's best seller list.

"We're hoping to see it grow from that as the show goes on," Miller said.

Comment

Here's the cover of the book...

Along with the Associated Press article. PS, Morbo...I don't think you are allowed to quote whole articles without it being copyright infringement, but oh well...

CNN article
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

New website easter egg for Hanso Foundation

there was a new commercial too tonight: www.sublymonal.com
            Click the boxes in the # amounts of the Lost #s, in order, to get in.

Basically there it just gives you the next code you'll need: Heir Apparent (case sensitive).

Here's what to do:

Go back to hansofoundation.org
            you gotta go to the Newsletter sign up first...enter a name...Enter yes...Breaking Strain...
            then after that runs through go to Joops Corner...enter Persephone in the FIRST line...go through that
            go back to Dr. Mittelwork's page enter this exactly in the text bubble in the middle of his text: Heir Apparent (case sensitive), hit enter

unfortunately, it doesn't reveal, or do much. basically, I thought it was a waste of time.

Comment

Isn't it www.thehansofoundation.org
              You left out the "the".

Comment

Interesting, I seemed to have found some sort of letter...

GWC
                Global Welfare Consortium
                Rue Grande 1623
                121 Geneva 27
                Switzerland

To: Dr. Roderick Johnson M.D., Ph.D. Clinical Director
                Centers for Disease Control
                From GWC Executive Committee
                Re: Violation of Ethical Guidelines/The Hanso Life Extension Project
                CC: Mr. Peter Thompson, Vice President, General Counsel, The Hanso Foundation; Hugh McIntyre, Vice President and Communications Director, The Hanso Foundation

Dr Johnson,

We have received word of an unfortunate and most alarming issue in the past days concerning research operations by the Hanso Foundation in the Sub-Saharan region of Africa. Sadly, we have exhausted our mandate as a watchdog organization and must petition you for an investigation.

It has come to our attention that a new strain of meningococcal disease has been reported in the villages of the United Republic of Tanzania. This strain is particularly alarming in that it has successfully breached the Simian/homo sapien barrier.

As the enclosed documentation and correspondence demonstrate, we have repeatedly asked the Executive Board of the Hanso Foundation for assistance in determining the possible correlation between the outbreak of this transgenic disease and the research being conducted on primates in their experimental station in Zanzibar. As our requests have been met with utter and complete disregard, we feel we have no other choice than to demand your immediate intervention.

As the Hanso Foundation is using primates to research gene therapies intended for human use, the correlation should be obvious. Considering the alarming nature of this outbreak and the mounting death toll it is imperative that the Hanso Foundation immediately open the doors of their experimental station for inspection and, should a link be found between their work and this disease, cease and desist their activities immediately.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Lives are at stake.

Monsieur Jacques Maillot
                Director General, GWC Executive Committee
                Hmm, Zanzibar...

Here's some Sat images, with some corresponding red x's...Hmm

Last edited by rarocks24; 10 May 2006, 05:04 PM.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Anyone see the Sublymonal site?
                  Spoiler:
                  when you finally get all the tv's on, you get a boob tube in the center screen which flashes "Code:" "Heir Apparant" then under "Sublymonal code unlocked" you can click where your pointer turns into a mouse and it links you back to the hanso foundation site. Maybe it's a password - finally!
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Excellent tips and hints guys. I have noticed though the clues seem different depending on where in the world you are (telephone numbers, newspaper ads, etc), do they all lead to the same Easter Eggs or is this experience different in each country? If not, everybody will be watching at different rates, I'm managing to watch at ABC pace but others won't. This could lead to potential (and pretty big) spoilers for viewers not up to date with ABC.

Has anyone read actually read Bad Twin?

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                      Anyone see the Sublymonal site?
                      Spoiler:
                      when you finally get all the tv's on, you get a boob tube in the center screen which flashes "Code:" "Heir Apparant" then under "Sublymonal code unlocked" you can click where your pointer turns into a mouse and it links you back to the hanso foundation site. Maybe it's a password - finally!
                      uh look at post #6 in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                        uh look at post #6 in this thread.
                        Oh! Lol, sorry.
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

website from tonights episode "Three Minutes": http://www.letyourcompassguideyou.com/

Comment

letyourcompassguideyou gives what looks like a standrad passkey: "DI9FFTR731"

it also leads to some interesting lines of code. after youve answered. no clue what the password goes to.

Comment

Ohh, right now I have *lost* my whole night to the Hanso Foundation! My eyes are all squigdy 0_o But here is the info that I found out...

A big long spoiler about hidden eggs...Don't read if you want to find 'em yourself!

Spoiler:
                              About letyourcompassguideyou.com

Yes, you click under the E, and the numbers will come up, then you click on it again? I think and then a computer window will come up and then you wait! Waiting is good! It will ask you if you are one of the good ones, I tried to type yes, but nothing typed, so I just waited and waited, and then it said thank you and namaste and took me to a parent directory with info. Like if you click on hmcintyr it will take you to some pics and a video. One of the pics is of the 'Bad twin' advert. Now if you flip the pic around and mess with the colors, there are two sentences that I can make out...'If you are one, know one' and 'Happy Mother's Day'. Interesting enough McIntyr has a signature of Thompson. Why? Maybe some forgery..., and if you click on pthompso it will have some interesting pics of a jeep deal that is in the works and an email with a binary code that when translated gives you the code 'the mouth piece'. There is also a pic of an old jeep ad in hmcintyr's mail (named 139191991471518711419) and if you look closely near the pic of Buddah, it also says the words 'the mouth piece'

About thehansofoundation.org
                              Now this is interesting because Hugh McIntyr is the communications director for Honso Foundation! Do you see where I am going with this? On the Executive Bios link click on McIntyr's name and it will give you his bio (duh). There will be a place to type in 'the mouth piece', that says it is to login for a press release...then click on the yellow highlighted part about family values when it comes up...
                              Ohh, and it shows his pic, so look for that!
                              It just says that for a man who cares so much about family values he spends alot of time with a women other than his wife. And remember about waiting! Beacuse after a video plays about his mistress, it will have falling pills and drink glasses and letters. Click on the letters and it will show you receipts for the naughty fun the couple had in England and France...and I don't think that was all of it!

About Dr. Thomas Mittlewerk
                              He is Heir Apparent, see the theme going on? So if you go to his bio, and type in this password, it will show a girl in a room, kinda creepy, and then take you to documentation that questions if he really is a doctor...

About Alvar Hanso
                              Go to his link and there is pic of him. Underneath is a date underlined in blue, so click on that, and it takes you to different points in Europe from 2000 to 2001. Then it says that Hanso hasn't been publicly seen since 2002, so who is the dude in the window from 2003? Who is actually running the Foundation?

And that, my friends, is all that I have come up with at the mo....
                              If anyone would like to see pics from the site, I have them and will upload them, if you're interested.
                              I will work on...other things...that have been floating around the Hanso Foundation site, and will post them, if I can figure them out!

Thank you and namaste...

Comment

Working...
                              X