• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: David Nykl (Zelenka)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    CZECHING IN
    GateWorld talks with David Nykl

Stargate Atlantis actor David Nykl chats with GateWorld about Dr. Zelenka, his relationship with the rest of the Atlantis team, and what's to come in Season Three.

READ MORE ...

wow that's an insightful interview, thanks David and Gateworld! Oh and for the non-czechs... what was David saying right at the end.. I'm getting that it was something like This is David Nykl for Gateworld or something.

But David seems like such a nice, approachable guy, such a lovely interview. Thanks once agian for letting us have some insight to his character and how he plays it

Comment

another fine interview D & D it's always interesting when we get to learn more about our fav chars
      sigpic

Comment

good interview but got boring near the end
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by psycho_warbaby
          wow that's an insightful interview, thanks David and Gateworld! Oh and for the non-czechs... what was David saying right at the end.. I'm getting that it was something like This is David Nykl for Gateworld or something.

But David seems like such a nice, approachable guy, such a lovely interview. Thanks once agian for letting us have some insight to his character and how he plays it
          well who did the interview beucase at the bottom of the page darren and david both have creadit
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

they both did. durrin the con at Vancouver
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by psycho_warbaby

He said "This is David Nykl, for Gateworld.net".

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

I believe he also said our tagline at the end too. I remember learning the Czech word for "Stargate," though I am unable to spell it

Glad most of you guys enjoyed the piece. Yes, if you listen to the audio I led and Darren finished off with a question that had David going for another mile.

Comment

YAAAAYYY!!! LOVE David Nykl! In fact... *eyes crowd warily* Don't tell anyone, but he's edging David Hewlett off of my Favorites list.

Great interview. Great voice, too. Accented, unaccented, English, Czech, it's all good.

I still harbor deep and very angry suspicions about Irresistible, but if anything could get me to watch that ep, it'd be Zelenka.

I like that Zelenka isn't necessarily going to be tied forever to McKay. They have GREAT chemistry and watching them together is always a blast, but Zelenka (and Nykl, of course) is one of those wonderful people who can play well off anyone. Give him a brick wall and there'd be a great connection. Hopefully not literally, 'cause that would be icky, but you get what I mean.

So... When's he gonna start blogging?? Huh?? Huh?? Pretty please with chocolate on top??

I'd say positive things, honest. Snarky, but positive.

Probably.

Mostly.

Or as positive as I ever get.

So what's it gonna take? Begging? Groveling? Human sacrifice? I have a few minions who've been getting on my nerves, it'd be no trouble, honest! Or I could send him cookies, instead. Probably not my own 'cause I want him to be ALIVE, but I'm sure I could sneak something good into the mail.

Gateworld NEEDS Nykl to blog, or... Or I'll CRY. And you don't want that to happen because my tears are toxic and everyone will die. So there. Blog or death. Your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                    I believe he also said our tagline at the end too. I remember learning the Czech word for "Stargate," though I am unable to spell it

Glad most of you guys enjoyed the piece. Yes, if you listen to the audio I led and Darren finished off with a question that had David going for another mile.
                    Yeah, you're right. I didn't listen to it when I translate, so I forgot some words... )

Actually he said:

Dobrý den, tady David Nykl... Tady Gateworld.net, váš pruvodce svetem Hvezdné brány.

Hello, this is David Nykl... This is Gateworld.net, your guide to the world of Stargate.

"Stargate" - "Hvezdná brána" - [hvieznaa braana] )
                    Last edited by d3u5; 01 May 2006, 03:37 PM.

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

Comment

Yes, mine was the "boring" question at the end.

David is such a cool guy. He wasn't filming that day, and was about to hop a plane to (IIRC) Amsterdam. But he came onto the lot specifically to give us an interview.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                        David is such a cool guy. He wasn't filming that day, and was about to hop a plane to (IIRC) Amsterdam. But he came onto the lot specifically to give us an interview.
                        He's adorable awesome that way.

Zelenka's one of the few characters I really care about, so I'm glad he's going to at least be present in a lot of eps, if not necessarily starring in them. Though he usually finds his own way to shine through even when someone else is trying to hog the spotlight.

Comment

Thanks to Darrin and David for another great interview with one of my fav actors! I appreciate that you always come up with insightful questions about the actor's craft and approach to a character.

Also, thanks for transcribing these interviews ...so I can read them at work without my office mates knowing!

Comment

Thank you guys, awesome interview, I loved it.

Originally posted by d3u5
                            Dobrý den, tady David Nykl... Tady Gateworld.net, váš pruvodce svetem Hvezdné brány.
                            Actually, he didn`t say "tady gateworld.net", he said "tady je gateworld.net" , but that doesn`t really matter (the meaning is the same)...

Comment

Thanks Gateworld (and the actors) for organizing these interviews, really enjoy them.

Comment

Working...
                              X