Originally posted by shw77
    it seems too unrealistic to get free from them
    Spoiler:
    ZPM explosion ala Critical Mass
    and Asurans surviving it ala
    Spoiler:
    Replicator against Black Hole
    in SG-1.
    Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

they might just have a mini microwave on them turn it on and smash the glass bi bi there gaurd they go nick a zed.p.m or to high teyal it to a jumper and hope dere is a planet with a stargate near by it could be teylas home world they land activate telyas city with zed.p.m. shoot poopoo out of the asruans

just an idea have no clue what ever lol

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Well, we know that Weir is captured & isn't freed in Progeny as in The Real World
        Spoiler:
        She get's her mind jazzed by the Asurans
        , so it's safe to asume she's captured.

Anyway, Some Asuarns want to Pursue Ascension, so they'd be on SGA's side, most likely helping them to escape.

Comment

simple, the SGA team has locater implant, when the asurians arrive to blow us up, the team is beamed out by the deadalus, because they dont know about the technology aka jamming it...
          when they beam that out they also nick a crate of ZPM's making atlnatis, the orion and the deadalus, more than a match for the asurian ships. the asurians retreat, but not before a few who want to ascend request to be beamed out too.
          They are, amounst them is a spy who then holds wier hostage and doe the mind trick in the next episode.

just a theory.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            simple, the SGA team has locater implant, when the asurians arrive to blow us up, the team is beamed out by the deadalus, because they dont know about the technology aka jamming it...
            when they beam that out they also nick a crate of ZPM's making atlnatis, the orion and the deadalus, more than a match for the asurian ships. the asurians retreat, but not before a few who want to ascend request to be beamed out too.
            They are, amounst them is a spy who then holds wier hostage and doe the mind trick in the next episode.

just a theory.
            Having maching or superior firepower to the asurans could explain why they go through the fuss of torturing weir, they might need acess codes or something

Comment

we saw how much weir actually knew about atlantis's defences in long kiss good bye, it makes sense shed be the easiest to torture, lure in to capture and to providde valuble information out of the group...cept maybe mkcay.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

The only thing that should even be able to harm the asurans should be the distruptor and I am one hundred percent sure that there is only one human who knows enough about the technology to develop a counter measure and that carter, so kidnapping weir would not make sense just to gain that kind of knowlege. So may be she is taken hostage by the new allie we gain during this epidsode and is mind probe to gain the knowlege on how to ascend something which contain in the ancient database.

Comment

Originally posted by nemisis
                  just an idea have no clue what ever lol
                  Stop posting garbage. No one appreciates it.

As to the original post...
                  Spoiler:
                  it could be that Niam (one of the Asurans) helps everyone get free. Since he's one of them, he'll have their access codes and access to their neural net. He could even be the method of delivering the anti-aggression code to the asurans. Since it's a two-parter, this "end of aggression" could happen at the end of "The Real World".

One other thing of note: Weir may have gleaned Jack's report on the replicator weapon on Orilla, hence she might carry some basic knowledge of how the weapon works... in the original design.

But Dakara happened after she left the SGC and, very likely, the Earth (for Pegasus)... So she may not know about the anti-Repli-Carter modification. This means that
                  Spoiler:
                  if the Asurans were to modify their neural pathways to resist the original design (due to any info that Weir(d) leaked out), they still have a another frequency to use that would be just as effective.

Comment

But why would weir be inform about the weapon design. The only thing would no about the weapon it that it disrupts their neural network. Now that a lot to go by, especially to come up with some kind of counter measures. Remember it took replicarter several days to come up with acounter measure and she had a actually weapon on hand to study.

Comment

Most of that data is in the mission reports... at least the theory of how it works. As base commander, she should have a basic understanding of it.

The Replicators should be able to go from basic understanding to finding the flaw in very little time. We kinda do the same thing in software engineering. I don't know where the error lies, but if I have an idea of how it's breaking, I can hunt it down and fix it.

Comment

It's simple They are a flying city. And every city has politics. When they get to Atlantis the Protesters in the City start a riot forcing the city to fly back home.

What a funny visual. A fighting flying city with the shield at full power with protesters in the streets in space.
                        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Hopefully in the end the SGA team are able to get the second cityship!
                          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

that would be to much. Then would would have an Alpha site. Put it on a water world and submerge it and start making ZPM's.
                            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Who says they get out of it?

In Progeny the Asurans are on their way to the city in The Return
                              Spoiler:
                              they have control of the city

And none of the intervening episodes "The Real World", "Common Ground" and "McKay and Mrs. Miller"
                              Spoiler:
                              are set on Atlantis

So maybe the Asurans win and kick them out of the city for awhile
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X