This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happens to the doctor after his thirteenth rejeneration

i know the time lords can rejenerate a maximum of thirteen times, so what happens after that, does he simply die.
    some relationships are worth getting your heart broken over

doctor who

12 times, he can regenerate 12 times. And yes, he just dies, though if the show is still going strong at the point where the 13th Doctor wants to leave (the actor obviously) TPTB will get around it.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Oh god i hope not.
      Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
      LOVE HIM-> DT
      ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Well hopefully theyll get around it doing something really cool or something.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Had it not been for School Reunion I would say that they would say that he wasnt actually the Doctor from the old series, meaning DT would be the 2nd Doctor. With that option well and truly out of the window, Im going to go with him having a new regeneration cycle granted to him in the Time War.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

The Doctor will die.

The show that will replace it will be Mickey and Jackie Tyler in; 'THE ODD COUPLE 3000"
            My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
            Build a Dalek
            Build a TARDIS
            Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
            The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

Or the Show will turn into Rose as she discovers that she is a timelord.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                Or the Show will turn into Rose as she discovers that she is a timelord.

After watching this past weeks episode, I can believe that she and Sarah Jane Smith could have some adventures together once Rose gets back to Earth for good. That would be kinda interesting...
                My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
                Build a Dalek
                Build a TARDIS
                Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
                The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

I think that somehow he will get another Regeneration cycle
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid
                    After watching this past weeks episode, I can believe that she and Sarah Jane Smith could have some adventures together once Rose gets back to Earth for good. That would be kinda interesting...
                    Perhaps Something could happen to Jackie and in the end Sarah Jane takers her in under her wing.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                      Had it not been for School Reunion I would say that they would say that he wasnt actually the Doctor from the old series, meaning DT would be the 2nd Doctor.
                      I would have liked that option

However, there are some discrepancies between these series and the previous, and these series feel like 'Doctor Who Redone' rather than 'Doctor Who Continued', so maybe this series takes place in an entirely different universe/timeline/continuity than the last series, and the new simply 'borrows' aspects from the old. Maybe this Doctor did have a companion called SJS, but it wasn't the SJS of the previous series? This is also implied by SJS talking about her 'romantic' relationship with the Doctor. And it was implied that the Doctor left her to fight in the time war ('everybody died'), rather than what happened in the actual series. After seeing his race perish he might have been suitably grief-ridden to leave her lest he get attached and watch her die too.

This theory is also supported by the minor changes that have been made in the new series.

With his comment about time lords never aging and having to watch their friends grow old and die, he gave the impression that the time lords are immortal. Maybe the time lords of this series don't have the regeneration limit of the last series?

The previous series don't mention the time war either, but that probably came after.

I prefer to think that the Doctor now is a new Doctor, but share characteristics of the 'old Doctor'. 'Doctor Who Redone' rather than 'Doctor Who Continued'

That way, we can considerably simplify the timeline and remove several massive plot holes in one go

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                        With his comment about time lords never aging and having to watch their friends grow old and die, he gave the impression that the time lords are immortal. Maybe the time lords of this series don't have the regeneration limit of the last series?
                        Well really, barring accidents they are, a Time Lord can live for almost eternity, only the 1st Doctor seemed to die of old age, but it could have been for other reasons that we just didnt realise, it wasnt really addressed by the show.

Comment

It wasnt old age, more exhaustion that caused the first Doctor to regenerate.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                            Well really, barring accidents they are, a Time Lord can live for almost eternity, only the 1st Doctor seemed to die of old age, but it could have been for other reasons that we just didnt realise, it wasnt really addressed by the show.
                            From Dalek

DOCTOR: They're never gonna come! Your race is dead! You all burnt, all of you. Ten million ships on fire - the entire Dalek race wiped out in one second.

DALEK: You lie!

DOCTOR: I watched it happen. I made it happen.

DALEK: You destroyed us?

DOCTOR: I had no choice.

DALEK: And what of the Time Lords?

DOCTOR: Dead. They burnt with you. The end of the last great Time War. Everyone lost.
                            They seem to be quite mortal here - vunerable to fire ... hmm ...

Maybe they can only regenerate so much - if you destroy the body completely then they can't regererate, but otherwise they have a potentially infinite set of regenerations and don't age.

I stand by my theory that these aren't the time lords of the previous series
                            It makes more sense to me that way

Comment

i time Lords can be killed through the use of disintegrater laser weapons for example the weapons carried by the Gallifreyan royal guard (The Castellan in the Five Doctors was killed this way) and an Daleks beam cannon. Alot of evidence supporst this.

Comment

Working...
                              X