This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the doctor in love with Rose Tyler

yes i think the doctor is love with rose, in the subsequent season he sent her home while he faced impending death, at the downing street, he hesitated to blow her up, and the way it looks at her, it just confirms it.
    Last edited by thegatebuilders; 29 April 2006, 06:06 PM.
    some relationships are worth getting your heart broken over

doctor who

No, he isn't 'in love' with her. He has gone through life changing events (blowing up his planet and all) so he has a strong connection with her because of that.

The Doc doesn't fall in love with anyone. It cramps his style......
    My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
    Build a Dalek
    Build a TARDIS
    Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
    The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

He doesnt love her, he loves travelling with her. Well thats what I hope he does.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I think he has great affection toward her, not love.

Comment

She is more like his best friend.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by thegatebuilders
            yes i think the doctor is love with rose, in the subsequent season he sent her home while he faced impending death, at the downing street, he hesitated to blow her up, and the way it looks at her, it just confirms it.
            So wait... not killing someone means you love them? In that case I love pretty much everyone!

No, I don't think he's in love. He's the Doctor. He doesn't feel things the same way as us humans.

Comment

I think he just cares for her greatly, she is the only person in the universe that he has beside him, if it werent for her, he would be alone. I also dont think he would let himself fall in love with anyone, especially not after his speach about having to live on, alone, while everyone else dies.
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

[QUOTE=Jonzey]So wait... not killing someone means you love them? In that case I love pretty much everyone!

to me thats a definite yes - he is sacrificing the last of the time lords to safe an ape. that must be love

doctor who

Comment

to me thats a definite yes - he is sacrificing the last of the time lords to safe an ape. that must be love
                  Errr... what?

Comment

OK, an evolved ape

doctor who

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Him sending Rose back to her time is what he does with all of his companions if he feels they are in danger (he normally goes with them, but this wasnt possible in this instance). He didnt sacrifice himself for her, he knew he would regenerate when he took the vortex from her. As for staying on the Bad Wolf station to fight, its what he does
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

OK, an evolved ape
                        It wasn't that bit I didn't understand. If you're saying he gave up his life to save someone he cares about- that doesn't mean love. Hell, I'd probably do that if I had to.

Comment

The Doctor gave up his fifth life for Peri.
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                            It wasn't that bit I didn't understand. If you're saying he gave up his life to save someone he cares about- that doesn't mean love. Hell, I'd probably do that if I had to.

well, that might be ok for a human, but the doctor isnt human though he does appear to posses human's emotions. my point is that the doctor is one of a kind and one of kind dont die for just anyone, thus meaning that the feeling must have travelled beyond like to love.

doctor who

Comment

The Doctor would give his life for anyone! Why is that so hard for you to understand? He is a Time Lord, and though he is the last he would sacrifice himself to save as many lives as he can, that is who he is, and always has been!
                              Last edited by The Signal; 23 May 2006, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X