This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osiris stole Atlantis's engine!!

Okay look at the two pics attached below and see for yourself both ships have a large spike included in their propulsion systems yet no other ship we have seen has one interesting..........

Any thoughts?

By the way I relise that she didn't actually steal the engine but now you have read my thread Ha ha ha ha ha!!!1
    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 15 October 2006, 05:21 AM.
    I dunno what to put in here now..

I've always wondered why we've never seen that ship again...

Most Goa'uld tech did come from Ancient roots, so I suppose it is possible that they came from a similar desgin. But it is also possible that the "fin" sticking out of Atlantis is to stabilize it in the water, while the "fin" on Osiris' ship is to stabilize it during flight. But really, who knows?

Nice catch, though.

Comment

Osiris could not of stole atlantis's engine because It was said the goauld had no idea atlantis existed untill the trust found out.Does any body else have a comment about it?
      sigpic

Comment

I doubt it... The Spike is on an Atlantis sized City-Ship whilst the other Spike is on the Base of a modified Al'kesh/ Tel'tak ship... Totally different...

Also, We don't even know if thta Spike on Atlantis is it's engines, it could be an underground conservatory!

But, anyway... Since the Goa'uld Copied Ancient Tech... It could be possible... But, they could be both different designs in a similar appearance for all we know...

Comment

No the big question is how the hell did Osiris get anywhere with that ship?

According to Teal'c as far as he knew Go'auld hyperdrives were alot slower before Apophis increase in s1 finale... Seeing as that ship had been on earth a good 2 thousand years i'm quite surprised she got out of the solar system within 4 months, let alone to another inhabited system...
          Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Originally posted by KRiZ
            No the big question is how the hell did Osiris get anywhere with that ship?

According to Teal'c as far as he knew Go'auld hyperdrives were alot slower before Apophis increase in s1 finale... Seeing as that ship had been on earth a good 2 thousand years i'm quite surprised she got out of the solar system within 4 months, let alone to another inhabited system...
            What I want to know (besides the evidental Plothole) is how it manages to leave Earth's orbit with-out being seen/detected by Satellites and such?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
              What I want to know (besides the evidental Plothole) is how it manages to leave Earth's orbit with-out being seen/detected by Satellites and such?
              Super-duper cloak!!

Comment

Yes.

Rodney looks upset.

Comment

Thats not atlantis' engine the underneath of atlantis has, flat pool sized engines (check the opening scene of Rising Part 1) that push the city straight up, if the engines were shaped like that there would have been a large reduction in power because of the very small amount of propulsion that would come out of them

the pool sized engines are just the thrusters for landing, taking off, the space/hyperdrive engines would be different, either much larger or much smaller and be based towards the center spiral of the city

Comment

Thats right. That "fin" you see in the atlantis picture, (in Weir's office) is not there at all. Its a mistake on the shows playback department. The picture shows it larger than scale, and its not really a spike. You can see what it looks like in Rising where atlantis leaves earth.

Atlantis' propulsion is underneath which is very apparent in Rising when it takes off.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                      Easy, nobody watches Egypt, they all watch Russia, Iraq, Iran and China. Who wants to look at sand all day? Its not like its going to get up and move.

I agree with KRIZ though. That ship should have been UBER slow and taken her at least a few years to reach Abydos (being the closest with a stargate)

And O'NEIL can you post a pic from Rising? I dont recall ever seeing that spike or whatever it is when it Atlantis was taking off.

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neil
                        Thats right. That "fin" you see in the atlantis picture, (in Weir's office) is not there at all. Its a mistake on the shows playback department. The picture shows it larger than scale, and its not really a spike. You can see what it looks like in Rising where atlantis leaves earth.

Atlantis' propulsion is underneath which is very apparent in Rising when it takes off.
                        It isn't necessarily a mistake. I mean, they were in Pegasus for Millions of years, more than enough time to put a stick up Atlantis' butt

Comment

Storywise: Gou'ald tech are knock offs of Ancient

Reality: CGI screw up

Comment

Actually, its not a CG screwup. Its a scaling mistake. Bruce Woloshyn said it himself. He said there is no spike. Its merely the lower sub compartments of the central hub of atlantis.

Heres a shot....
                            underneath of atlantis

I'll provide the link to the Bruce quote if anyone wants it.

Comment

hmmm that actually quite intesting, the picture seems to show 3 prongs, like a hyperdrive that has a ZPM for each prong and corrisponding thruster perhaps...which is why we dont have the power yet.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X