PDA

View Full Version : Speculation is rife for a fourth series to be made!

marcopolo
April 28th, 2006, 04:19 AM
In the new DWM (#369) Russell T Davies is quoted as saying "As with Series Two and Torchwood, Russell T Davies says that there have been extra scripts commissioned from other writers -- a total of 16 scripts including 'over-commissions' are currently being worked on, allowing "flexibility … to shape the series" and leaving "material in place for the fourth run", if Series Four is commissioned. On the subject of which, Davies stresses that it's "just a personal hope, absolutely nothing has been decided yet within the BBC."

This is from a rundown on the series three writers, which I will not reveal due to them being spoilers. A Fourth series to be a possibility at this early stage is just amazing.

Willow'sCat
April 28th, 2006, 04:45 AM
In the new DWM (#369) Russell T Davies is quoted as saying "As with Series Two and Torchwood, Russell T Davies says that there have been extra scripts commissioned from other writers -- a total of 16 scripts including 'over-commissions' are currently being worked on, allowing "flexibility … to shape the series" and leaving "material in place for the fourth run", if Series Four is commissioned. On the subject of which, Davies stresses that it's "just a personal hope, absolutely nothing has been decided yet within the BBC."

This is from a rundown on the series three writers, which I will not reveal due to them being spoilers. A Fourth series to be a possibility at this early stage is just amazing.Well I wouldn't say it is amazing, so far the ratings are steady even allowing for when that article was written (when was it written btw?) there is no reason to believe with international sales doing so well, including Germany/US/Australia/New Zealand; that the BBC would look a gift horse in the mouth. I am assuming the BBC makes a nice little profit off the good Doctor anyway so why not go with a fourth?

They wouldn't announce anything yet of course.

Not to mention a fourth series would probably see a new companion which may not be good for business.

Still I would not be surprised.;) Delighted :D but not surprised.

Reefgirl
April 28th, 2006, 05:02 AM

This is from a rundown on the series three writers, which I will not reveal due to them being spoilers. A Fourth series to be a possibility at this early stage is just amazing.
Good Grief at least wait until the second series is over and the third has started filming before speculating about series four

creed462
April 28th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Good Grief at least wait until the second series is over and the third has started filming before speculating about series four
Where's the fun in that

Reefgirl
April 28th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Speculate about who the old enemy coming back will be, if another old companion will come back, if there'll be a multi Doctor episode, who capt Jack will seduce first, Rose or the Doctor

creed462
April 29th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Maybe they can give closure to some classic storys.

Bring back Peri

Metarock Sam
April 29th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Wouldnt she be like a warlord now or something :)
Honestly I would be suprised if they wernt goign to make a 4th Series this show is just so brilliant it can last forever !!!!!
(well as long as there are good enough writers etc but thats beside the point !!!)

Reefgirl
April 29th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Bring back Peri
And her cleavege

The Signal
April 29th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Speculation this early on is a little pointless, it'l be about a year before anything is announced. Im willing to bet that we wont need to worry about S4, with the popularity the show has at the moment, and the standards of episodes, I cant see the show not making it to at least 6 seasons, we may even get as far as 26 again :D