Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation is rife for a fourth series to be made!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculation is rife for a fourth series to be made!

In the new DWM (#369) Russell T Davies is quoted as saying "As with Series Two and Torchwood, Russell T Davies says that there have been extra scripts commissioned from other writers -- a total of 16 scripts including 'over-commissions' are currently being worked on, allowing "flexibility … to shape the series" and leaving "material in place for the fourth run", if Series Four is commissioned. On the subject of which, Davies stresses that it's "just a personal hope, absolutely nothing has been decided yet within the BBC."

This is from a rundown on the series three writers, which I will not reveal due to them being spoilers. A Fourth series to be a possibility at this early stage is just amazing.
    If you like doctor who, then please check out my doctor who forum, which has threads on missing episodes, new series news & classic series.
    LINK: http://timeandspace.proboards34.com/index.cgi#general

Originally posted by marcopolo
    In the new DWM (#369) Russell T Davies is quoted as saying "As with Series Two and Torchwood, Russell T Davies says that there have been extra scripts commissioned from other writers -- a total of 16 scripts including 'over-commissions' are currently being worked on, allowing "flexibility … to shape the series" and leaving "material in place for the fourth run", if Series Four is commissioned. On the subject of which, Davies stresses that it's "just a personal hope, absolutely nothing has been decided yet within the BBC."

This is from a rundown on the series three writers, which I will not reveal due to them being spoilers. A Fourth series to be a possibility at this early stage is just amazing.
    Well I wouldn't say it is amazing, so far the ratings are steady even allowing for when that article was written (when was it written btw?) there is no reason to believe with international sales doing so well, including Germany/US/Australia/New Zealand; that the BBC would look a gift horse in the mouth. I am assuming the BBC makes a nice little profit off the good Doctor anyway so why not go with a fourth?

They wouldn't announce anything yet of course.

Not to mention a fourth series would probably see a new companion which may not be good for business.

Still I would not be surprised. Delighted but not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by marcopolo

Good Grief at least wait until the second series is over and the third has started filming before speculating about series four

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
        Good Grief at least wait until the second series is over and the third has started filming before speculating about series four
        Where's the fun in that
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Speculate about who the old enemy coming back will be, if another old companion will come back, if there'll be a multi Doctor episode, who capt Jack will seduce first, Rose or the Doctor

Comment

Maybe they can give closure to some classic storys.

Bring back Peri
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Wouldnt she be like a warlord now or something
              Honestly I would be suprised if they wernt goign to make a 4th Series this show is just so brilliant it can last forever !!!!!
              (well as long as there are good enough writers etc but thats beside the point !!!)
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                Bring back Peri
                And her cleavege

Comment

Speculation this early on is a little pointless, it'l be about a year before anything is announced. Im willing to bet that we wont need to worry about S4, with the popularity the show has at the moment, and the standards of episodes, I cant see the show not making it to at least 6 seasons, we may even get as far as 26 again
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                  X