X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - SciFi Wire: SG-1's Anderson Like Old Times

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=35782

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

12:00 AM, 28-APRIL-06

SG-1's Anderson Like Old Times

Brad Wright—executive producer of SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis—told SCI FI Wire that it's been like old times having Richard Dean Anderson back on set for several guest appearances on both shows, reprising his role as Gen. Jack O'Neill. Anderson's first appearance will be in "200," SG-1's 200th episode, which will air Aug. 18 as part of the series' upcoming 10th season. "It's been a lot of fun to see him again," Wright said in an interview. "He's doing two episodes of SG-1 and three episodes of Atlantis."

**colonel snippage**

Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, which comes back for a third season, will both return with new episodes beginning on July 14. —Ian Spelling

©2006, SCI FI. All rights reserved.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted him on SG-1...

Comment

Three Atlantis? Well that just sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
        Three Atlantis? Well that just sucks.
        I was thinking the exact same thing. What the hell do they need him over there for?

Oh yeah... acrobatic stunts and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          I was thinking the exact same thing. What the hell do they need him over there for?

Yes, well, methinks I'll be paying the rage thread a visit tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
            Yes, well, methinks I'll be paying the rage thread a visit tomorrow.
            I think you'll have lots of company
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
              NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted him on SG-1...

Remember...it was reported that Sam will also spend about 5 episodes on SGA...do the math.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I actually wonder if the episodes of Atlantis could be some of the episodes we see other members of SG-1 there?

It could be interesting. I'm not going to jumo up and down and be upset over something I have no idea what or why they are doing; so I'll wait and find out before being miffed.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Acrobatic stunts?

Heck no...he's going there to scare the Wraith!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                    Remember...it was reported that Sam will also spend about 5 episodes on SGA...do the math.

Morjana
                    I think I see where you're going with that, but why would they inundate an already burgeoning cast with the huge (and I mean HUGE) likes of Jack and Sam? Let alone together?!

Heck, I'd take that on the mother show.

EDIT: And if Sam/AT's not gonna be on Atlantis during the first ten eps, that leaves WAAAY too few moments left in the season for her to be spending even close to five eps on Atlantis.

Meh. We'll see. All I know is, RDA is back, and not a moment too soon.

Comment

Yes...I'll eat some dark chocolate to that!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Well, they couldn't have him working on five episodes of SG1, could they? That would mean they'd have to take screen time away from Mitchell and Vala. It probably killed them having to cut them out to fit RDA in for two.

And there I got my hopes up for a time that there MIGHT be at least five episodes of SG1 worth watching next year. Oh well. Back to watching other shows then.

Albion
                        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I think it is not important that he will play in SG-1 or in Atlantis. We should be happy that he will do 5 new episodes in Stargate universe.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I think I see where you're going with that, but why would they inundate an already burgeoning cast with the huge (and I mean HUGE) likes of Jack and Sam? Let alone together?!

Heck, I'd take that on the mother show.

EDIT: And if Sam/AT's not gonna be on Atlantis during the first ten eps, that leaves WAAAY too few moments left in the season for her to be spending even close to five eps on Atlantis.

There were rumors of ten episodes for AT, but I haven't seen any confirmation she's doing five episodes (can anybody point to the original article?) As for RDA doing three episodes of SGA, that's well, interesting. I only hope they use him wisely. If they bring in O'Neill, they'd probably not have Caldwell on that episode (too many high ranking military people in one episode could clutter the episode). I'd hate to see O'Neill showing up and not doing much and just taking away screen time from other characters.

RDA coming back will be good ONLY if they use him well and he does more than crack jokes. Otherwise, its just stuntcasting. I'd love to see Jack the way he was in the SHowtime years....

Comment

True, id hate to see him come back just to be used as a filler and to make jokes. This said, i dont think the writers would do that. i mean to have someone of the caliber of RDA and not make good use of him would be absurd.

Id also love to see some interaction between Caldwell and O'Neill. There so different im sure it would be interesting to see.
                              sigpic
                              By *E*K*R*

Comment

Working...
                              X