How Many Seasons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Seasons?

How many seasons do you think Horizon's complex mythology would take to tell its complete story? I'm thinking somewhere in the realm of four - five seasons of 24 episodes per season (aside from the first one, of course).

From the developments we have so far, yes, perhaps four and five seasons. However, I think there are a few things to come that may keep Horizon around even longer. Alex and I have discussed our desires on MSN to see Horizon hit season seven as long as there are still quality stories to tell.

There are quite a few big developments coming up that will leave season three with plenty of possible directions and complications. We'll have to decide where we'll go with it soon, but wherever it goes, I hope it will remain enjoyable.

Right now we're looking at things one season at a time, with perhaps a few rough ideas, concepts, and directions for the series as a whole. Right now, nothing is certain.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

To be honest, Season 7 is as far as I can see it lasting. I wonder if Horizon would spawn a spin-off of its own, though. That would certainly be interesting! ^_^

Comment

I've considered a Stargate/24 mixture. I'm not talking about crossing characters over (that never works), but perhaps "24" with the use of a Stargate. It probably wouldn't be a spinoff to Horizon, and it probably won't ever happen, but it's always seemed like an interesting idea to me.

Then again, it could be one of those things that "seem like a good idea at the time" but aren't. Best stick to Horizon for now.
        Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
        Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
        Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
        Stargate Destiny, Fan
        Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Well, 24 could take place in the StarGate universe, you never know. And then, of course, there's the fact that wormholes can be made to jump to alternate universes.

Comment

Haha, having SGH run for 7 seasons would put it finishing in the year that it starts in 1x01
            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
              How many seasons do you think Horizon's complex mythology would take to tell its complete story? I'm thinking somewhere in the realm of four - five seasons of 24 episodes per season (aside from the first one, of course).
              I would say that at the minimum it would have to be five seasons in order to really tell the entire arc of the series. Season Three will be taking the series in a very new direction actually; of course that's all I can say about that at the moment (you can expect the revolution in "Revolution" to be quite... a revolution). Beyond that we've talked about some possible ideas for where Season Four would take things.

Seven seasons would be ideal, of course. I guess since Star Trek: The Next Generation, seven seasons is just considered an ideal length for sci-fi shows - and I think it is. Of course there are exceptions like SG-1. But the only reason that worked is because the show did kind of end and then started over after Season Eight.

So, yeah, it could go on for seven years. But, as Mike said, we are taking it one season at a time. Not much different than on a television show actually.

The main factor that will probably decide over how long it will be going, will be if we'll be able to continue having enough dedicated writers, who are willing to put a lot of work and time into it. But as long as that's working (and I don't see why it wouldn't), there's really no reason to end things before the story is finished. I'm definitely not planning on going anywhere. But I couldn't do 24 episodes a season on my own. At least not within one year.

But especially this year we've gotten some really great, talented and dedicated people on the team. So, I will say you can expect Horizon to go on for quite some time. That reminds me, I guess it's about time that we officially announce Season Three.
              Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                Haha, having SGH run for 7 seasons would put it finishing in the year that it starts in 1x01
                That would be kind of a full circle thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                  To be honest, Season 7 is as far as I can see it lasting. I wonder if Horizon would spawn a spin-off of its own, though. That would certainly be interesting! ^_^
                  I would like to see a Horizon spin off too, to be honest. I will say, there'd be some interesting ideas for that.

The problem is of course time. It takes an incredible amount of time and effort to keep only one show running, while somehow also getting various other things done. So, launching an entire series while Horizon is still running is very unlikely. A mini-series is a whole other story, though.

By the time Horizon finishes its run I'll of course be working on writing and producing television shows, but still, I guess you never know.

Comment

I hope whne you make it big you remmeber your friends who worked with you on horizon!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
                      I hope whne you make it big you remmeber your friends who worked with you on horizon!
                      I definitely will. Who knows, perhaps some of us will be working together on a television show as well.

Comment

You can become a caped crusader for sci-fi...Need paramiltary forces to wage war on mean TV networks just shoot Major Z a call LOL

Comment

You can become a caped crusader for sci-fi...Need paramiltary forces to wage war on mean TV networks just shoot Major Z a call LOL
                          I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

Keep in mind the only curency we take is elaphant grade peanuts

Comment

Keep in mind the only curency we take is elaphant grade peanuts
                              That shouldn't be a problem. I've got plenty of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X