This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 So Far...

So how many ancient cities are there, 1 which the Atlantis Expedition is on the one from 'The Tower' and now we know the Asurans have got one which has got to be the same look and dimensions based on if they have not changed their design features as Atlantis.

If we do keep the Asuran city or not, and if 'The Tower' city ever became feasibly fixed somehow we could mop the floor with the Wraith, also could it be possible that the Ancients built so many cities on Earth and went to different galaxies to plant life or just Pegasus, what do you think?

Regards

Chris
    sigpic

In Sci-Fi anything is possible, and TPTB will never give an actual number of cities so that they can keep the appearing. But I would say that the Ancients would choose a nice round number like 10, 20, 100, etc.

The fact that there may have been other Ancient Cities on Earth is unlikely, other cities in the Milky Way is more of a possibility when you consider the outposts that are out there. But if there were many cities then the possibility that they went off in search of new galaxies in which to start life through out the Universe is likely. Whether we will ever see the cities in the other galaxies is doubt fall

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
      In Sci-Fi anything is possible, and TPTB will never give an actual number of cities so that they can keep the appearing. But I would say that the Ancients would choose a nice round number like 10, 20, 100, etc.

The fact that there may have been other Ancient Cities on Earth is unlikely, other cities in the Milky Way is more of a possibility when you consider the outposts that are out there. But if there were many cities then the possibility that they went off in search of new galaxies in which to start life through out the Universe is likely. Whether we will ever see the cities in the other galaxies is doubt fall
      Some good points there maybe more cities will be found by accident but yeah other galaxy cities may be far off, but hey were only in season 3 (already) anything can happen.

Regards

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

The season finale hinted at 3 in the Milkyway...at least I assume they were hinting at City ships.

And no...if 3 of them could mop up the wraith the wraith woulda been defeated.

Comment

what about the one of inferno? wasn't that a city as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace-Ventura
            what about the one of inferno? wasn't that a city as well?
            That was an ancient warship.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by pRyvvik
              The season finale hinted at 3 in the Milkyway...at least I assume they were hinting at City ships.

And no...if 3 of them could mop up the wraith the wraith woulda been defeated.
              Did it? I don't remeber that at all.

The city from the episode "The Tower" would be of little use except for drones, and puddle jumpers if they can get them out.

Have you seen how tall that centre spire is? If that is the only thing stick out of the ground that city is burried pretty deep.

As for other citys. It's a good way to resupply Atlantis with various equipment. There are quite possible many more out there.
              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

They shouldn't do too many or it will become too repetitive. By I like the idea of it.
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Maybe the Alterens knew they were losing the war ahead of time and hid the remainder of the City Ships then gated to Atlantis then to Earth. That is why the Gate in the tower is outside way from the city and the city is cutted. With enough Drones and Ships to protect the planet left in the protecters hands.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

there are 39 city ships

Comment

and u know this how???

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                        there are 39 city ships
                        You forgot the 16 hidden by the Furlings, bringing the total up to 55.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          You forgot the 16 hidden by the Furlings, bringing the total up to 55.
                          and the Nox's flying city makin it 56

Comment

You forgot about The Enterprise, Deep Space Nine, Galactica, Pegasus, and the entire fleet of the Empire. I think the Milky Way has at least 194839857342423 city ships.

Comment

And the Green Giants city that Jack found climbing the Bean Stalk
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                              X