View Full Version : SG8 Missions Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Gen Blue
April 26th, 2006, 04:10 PM
For SG8 to use for offworld missions.

Atlantean_Fan
April 26th, 2006, 04:24 PM
For SG8 to use for offworld missions.
((OCC - Cool, now we have our own mission thread !!! LOL))

TheGreatLordGeorge
April 26th, 2006, 04:41 PM
((OCC-Use occ tags like this when talking in the mission thread, us the talk thread now we arent on a mission))

Atlantean_Fan
April 26th, 2006, 04:44 PM
((OCC-Use occ tags like this when talking in the mission thread, us the talk thread now we arent on a mission))
((OOC - Ok, sorry. Already fixed.))

TheGreatLordGeorge
July 17th, 2006, 08:09 AM
(((OCC-Bumping this thread up in preparation of this mission. Do not post until General Blue or I start the mission)))

TheGreatLordGeorge
July 28th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Begin
Mission 1!

TheGreatLordGeorge
July 28th, 2006, 02:18 PM
As George stepped through the gate he felt a chill down his spine. Wow, i'll never get used to that. He then looked up away from his body to see the towering Capital of the Free Jaffa Nation. George scanned the area to find many jaffa walking around and many tents with traders peddling their goods. He then ducked as he heard a death glider doing a low fly-by of the Capital.

max_omega
July 28th, 2006, 02:37 PM
<Control room>

John walked through right behind his CO, look up at the sky to see the death glider fly by. He turned around and look at the gate waiting to see who would come through next. "So sir, what is the plan?"

((I know what the mission layout is, but our characters had not discussed how they were to split up so i figured I'd ask.))

Atlantean_Fan
July 28th, 2006, 05:14 PM
<<From Control Room>>

Natasha and Dexius were the next ones to step through the Gate after Rhea and Ezekiel. None of them gave importance to the Glider's fly-by or the aggitation of the Market since they were used to that for quite some time. Same old. Same old. They still think they need power demonstrations. Will they ever grow up? Natasha thought to herself as the Glider flew over the Gate's position. "So what's next?" She asked the three men, letting a little anxiety to pass through. "Talk to the Council, go to the place of Justinius' desappearance or both, since we have numbers for it. Your call, sir. Here, Dexius and I are just the guides." She said looking towards Rhea.

((OOC - Since Gen Blue will be off for a few days, Dexius is for all of us to play until she/he comes back, not just me, so if you wanna use him, do so. Within reason, of course.))

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/AtlanteanFan/rp_bystronkisg8.jpg (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=5202241&postcount=112)

TheGreatLordGeorge
July 28th, 2006, 08:52 PM
"Actually Captain that was my plan exactly" Geogre said turning to look at dexius. "Dexius, do you think you could show my team where Giaus was last seen?"

Dexius paused for a moment and cleared his throat, "Very well major, however it is a good distance and i have no way to transport us there. We will have to walk a many hours on foot"

George then stopped and thought a second. " Okay then. Major,take the bulk of the team with Dexius to Giaus camp. The captain and I will go to the council chambers and adress the Coucil on our intentions so they dont get mad at us for impeding on internal affairs. Any questions?"

max_omega
July 29th, 2006, 06:19 AM
"No problem, Lt's your are with me." John said, than started to follow Dexius but stopped, "Major, we will check in with you when we arrive at the settlement." He look at the three Lt. and said, "Shall we," than turned to Dexius, "Lead the way."

Dexius took the lead and John stood right beside him as they headed out to the settlement.

dancer_4_daniel
July 29th, 2006, 06:37 AM
After stepping through the gate, Liam stood quietly by while the others discussed their plan of action. Nodding his ascent to the Major, he fell into step behind Ezekiel as they started toward the camp.

TheGreatLordGeorge
July 29th, 2006, 08:09 AM
(((OCC- From now on use tags to indicate where you are and where you are going. Where you are goes on top of the post while where youare going is at the bottom. If we dont do this it can become very sloppy)))

Unorthodox
July 29th, 2006, 09:37 AM
(( OOC: Sorry for being late - had a camping trip :( ))
>>>Control Room

Vinc stepped through the Gate behind Natasha and Dexius, emerging on Dakara's soil. Carrying the Styer AUG underslung and care-free, he waited until the orders were in place. Nodding slightly (who would bother to notice sometimes?), he fell in behind Lt. Harris as they made their way to an encampment.

I wonder if I should cover our sixes, he mused.

dancer_4_daniel
July 29th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Looking behind him, Liam said to Vinc, "Looks like it's gonna be a long trip, eh?"

Unorthodox
July 29th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Vinc looked back at Harris, sweat just barely forming. Seems a little warm out here. "Seems so. At least we wont be under enemy pressure on the way." Vinc made sure he stepped over the large rock that threatened to trip him. "At least, we can hope..."

Atlantean_Fan
July 29th, 2006, 02:17 PM
"Actually Captain that was my plan exactly" Geogre said turning to look at dexius. "Dexius, do you think you could show my team where Giaus was last seen?"

Dexius paused for a moment and cleared his throat, "Very well major, however it is a good distance and i have no way to transport us there. We will have to walk a many hours on foot"

George then stopped and thought a second. " Okay then. Major,take the bulk of the team with Dexius to Giaus camp. The captain and I will go to the council chambers and adress the Coucil on our intentions so they dont get mad at us for impeding on internal affairs. Any questions?"

<<From Stargate>>

"Not from me." Natasha answered. "Good hunting, guys." She teased Team Ezekiel and Dexius.

A few moments later they started their long walk towards Gaius' camp and Natasha who was watching them go, turned herself to face Rhea. "We should be on our way too, Rhea. The Council Chamber is not far from here. You must know it's inside the monument." She said pointing to the great structure carved on a nearby mountain. They started to walk towards it. "Have you ever been at Dakkara?" She asked curious, trying to distract them during their walk.

<<To Council Chamber>>

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/AtlanteanFan/rp_bystronkisg8.jpg (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=5202241&postcount=112)

max_omega
July 29th, 2006, 05:11 PM
John had been walking beside Dexius silently, John was not much for talking and it was apparent that Dexius was worried about his friend. They were just about one hour into there long walk to the settlement.

Unorthodox
August 1st, 2006, 07:49 AM
Vinc looked around while they continued to walk. Throughout most of the walk, nobody had spoke at all, except for the small talk him and Lt. Harris had made earlier. He could feel the sweat building on his face - the encampment had to be close by.

Gen Blue
August 1st, 2006, 08:35 AM
<< on the road to Nova Roma >>

After a couple of hours silent walking, Dexius called a break. There was a small, open shelter built next to the road. Uncushioned benches made a loose triangle under the center of the roof around an unused, unneeded firepit. The Roman went to the back and swung up a stone seal over a clay cistern.
"We have cool water back here," he announced. Taking off his helmet, he poured a beaker of water over his head. Shaking the droplets off in a spray, he stretched out on one of the benches.
"Wake me in 10 minutes," he ordered.

(( OOC - I'm back. It's too hot at home to turn on the comp though. :( I'd melt it down. ))

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/Sig%20pics/dexiuscopy.jpg

max_omega
August 1st, 2006, 10:25 AM
<<on road to Nova Roma>>

John was glad for the break he grabbed a small pitcher and took a drink of water than like Dexius he poured the rest on his head. He took a seat on a bench and leaned up against a post. "Alright, ten minutes." He answered in return to the Centurion orders, "This reminds me of survival training camp with a 25klick(?) hike through the desert, only we had no rest stops with cool water."

dancer_4_daniel
August 1st, 2006, 02:36 PM
Liam walked over to the cistern quietly and drank some water before lying down himself. His head had started to pound about 10 minutes ago and he was glad to be out of the sun.

Reaching up a hand, he unwound the bandage around his head and grimaced slightly when he saw some blood on it. Reaching into his pack, he pulled out some fresh gauze which he re-applied to his wound before winding a new bandage back around his head.

Atlantean_Fan
August 2nd, 2006, 11:58 AM
<<Still on route to Council Chamber>>

Natasha noticed that Rhea was very focused and decided to just keep going walking through the Market until the monument where the Council Chamber was located.

She nodded and said hi to many shoppers and sailers in their way, but never stoping for a long time because she was also anxious to get to their destination, but couldn't just ignore the people she knew for months either.

((OOC - I don't think I'll be able to post again until monday, so I guess this storyline will freeze for a few days while TGLG and I are away. Good RPing for you all guys.))

TheGreatLordGeorge
August 7th, 2006, 01:58 PM
<Steps of the Temple>
George slowly made his way past the many one time warriors turned beggars and sleezy merchants. Most of the journey George remained quiet studying the way of the Jaffa. He had never actually met any jaffa other than Giaus.

George was a pilot amd wasnt used to diplomatic relations. "Captain, what can you tell me before we enter the council chambers? I am new at this"

Atlantean_Fan
August 7th, 2006, 04:58 PM
<<Entering the Temple>>

"First we ask for a meeting and then we wait for their reply. Once we are in remember only that the people inside are proud warriors. Don't look down at them, no matter what happens keep your cool, at any circunstances don't shout or talk disrespectifully loud. The basic respect manners. Just treat them as you'd like them to treat you back." She said as a guard came out to greet them.

"Welcome back, Bystronski. I thought you had left our world." He said with the bluntness usual for a Jaffa. He had the symbol of Anubis in his forehead.

"Yes I did five days ago, but I'm back again and I have a pressing issue to discuss with the High Council. I'd be very much pleased if Major Rhea and I could be granted an audience. Tell them it's about Dexius Flavian and Gaius Justinius. We'll wait for their reply here if you don't mind." She said politely to the guard.

"That's acceptable." He said and then entered the Temple again.

"Now we wait and don't think they're not watching us from within, so behave sir." She said in a low voice to Rhea.

max_omega
August 8th, 2006, 07:33 AM

After a couple of hours silent walking, Dexius called a break. There was a small, open shelter built next to the road. Uncushioned benches made a loose triangle under the center of the roof around an unused, unneeded firepit. The Roman went to the back and swung up a stone seal over a clay cistern.
"We have cool water back here," he announced. Taking off his helmet, he poured a beaker of water over his head. Shaking the droplets off in a spray, he stretched out on one of the benches.
"Wake me in 10 minutes," he ordered.

John was leaning up agaisnt a pole and closed his eyes for a moment when he finally opened them up again he look at his watch it had already been ten minutes. "Dexius, you ready to move out again?" John said standing up and strectching. He took another drink of the cool water and waited for a reply.

dancer_4_daniel
August 8th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Liam sat up, his head aching and his vision somewhat fuzzy. "I think I shoulda brought some aspirin with me before we left." he groaned.

TheGreatLordGeorge
August 8th, 2006, 11:09 AM
"Thank you Captain, I am sure that the information will prove useful." George said havig a seat on a bench outside the main chamber. He then panned the room to find many proud warriors, obviously these jaffa were better off after the formation of the nation than the ones he had seen before. Hte then laid back against the wall and clicked his radion

"Some one from major Ezekiels team report, what is your progress?"

Gen Blue
August 8th, 2006, 01:09 PM
John was leaning up agaisnt a pole and closed his eyes for a moment when he finally opened them up again he look at his watch it had already been ten minutes. "Dexius, you ready to move out again?" John said standing up and strectching. He took another drink of the cool water and waited for a reply.
The Centurion sat up and stretched. Leaving his helmet on the bench, he drew another beaker of water and gulped it down.

Liam sat up, his head aching and his vision somewhat fuzzy. "I think I shoulda brought some aspirin with me before we left." he groaned.
He frowned at Harris, "If you are unwell, you should not be here. We have at least 8 leagues (24 miles) before we reach Nova Roma."

((OOC - If you guys have proper equipment :rolleyes:, one of you has a First Aid kit with aspirin. ))

max_omega
August 8th, 2006, 04:01 PM

"This is Major Ezekiel we have about 24 miles until we reach the city of Nova Roma, I am thinking at least 5 hours till we get there, possibly more."

((OOC-Is that a good estimate of time.))

John took off his pack and got the first aide kit out of it, "It's SOP for some one to have a first aide kit with them," he said while looking through it quickly to find the asprin. "Here you go Lt., if you feel that you might not be able to continue say some thing now. I don't want a member of my team passing out on the road."

dancer_4_daniel
August 8th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Liam accepted the aspirin silently and swallowed them. "I'll be fine. Let's go." he said, hefting his pack onto his shoulders.

Unorthodox
August 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM
(( OOC - It's great to get this thing moving agian. I have a tendancy to just "lurk" around threads, and I'm gonna try to get more involved post-wise now that we're back))

Vinc snapped back to reality. Daydreaming-time was over, and it was time to get moving. The others were putting their rucks back on, securing their weapons, and taking the last sips of water that they could.

Standing up, Vinc rerieved his ruck. Securing it tightly, he stepped over to the cistern and knelt, taking a few last sips before standing back up. He waited for the rest to finish, ready to move out.

Gen Blue
August 9th, 2006, 02:54 AM
"This is Major Ezekiel we have about 24 miles until we reach the city of Nova Roma, I am thinking at least 3 hours till we get there, possibly more."

((OOC-Is that a good estimate of time.))
<snip>
Dexius, who'd been critically watching Harris, raised his voice to comment, "Longer than that, Major. Unless you plan on doing 'quick march' all the way. I'd say at least 6-8 hours. We'll probably stop for the night near the Tribune's campsite. It's only a league from the city."

(( OOC - a fast walk will get you 4 miles per hour but, you'll be exhausted. :) A league is approx the distance a person can walk in 1 hour comfortably. ))

max_omega
August 9th, 2006, 01:01 PM
John look at Dexius and said into the radio, "Actually we probably won't get there till tomorrow morning."

(Thanks blue for the info, i had three on the brain yesterday, i knew it was to short of time, i was having problems thinking.)

dancer_4_daniel
August 9th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Liam looked at them calmly. "Then I guess we'd better get moving."

Pulling his pack straps tighter, he muttered some curses against trees in Latin to himself.

Atlantean_Fan
August 10th, 2006, 06:11 AM
"Thank you Captain, I am sure that the information will prove useful." George said havig a seat on a bench outside the main chamber. He then panned the room to find many proud warriors, obviously these jaffa were better off after the formation of the nation than the ones he had seen before. Hte then laid back against the wall and clicked his radio.

<<Still waiting to enter the Council Chamber>>

"Another very important thing." She said raising her finger in a pointing gesture. "When you say anything adressing the Council say, Jaffa and Romans present here, blah, blah, blah. Because if you call all present only Jaffa or only Roman, you'll get more trouble than you can handle on your hands." She said and seated next to him to wait for Ezekiels reply.

Once it arrived, she said. "Seems like they still have a long way to go. So do we, but in a different, perhaps harder, road. I'll tell you something, sir. I really don't expect to get much from them..." She digressed at the end, not wanting to explain her thoughts much to Rhea, but something was odd in all this story and she could feel it.

max_omega
August 10th, 2006, 06:29 AM
John put the med kit back in his back than strapped it back on. "Lead the way Dexius."

((OOC-I will be gone all weekened with out net access, if you need to him to say anything go ahead and use him.))

TheGreatLordGeorge
August 10th, 2006, 11:43 AM
George listened to te captains advice and acknowledged it with a shake of his head. After another few minutes of waiting the man who had welcomed them came up to them.

"I must apologize. The council has ended thier session early today. They wil not be able to see you" he said. But if you are willing to stay the night you can see them first thing"

George took in what the Jaffa had to say. " I guess we will have to do that"

The jaffa smiled'Very well, i will make accomadations for you"

Gen Blue
August 13th, 2006, 05:41 PM
(( OOC - I'm going out of town from 14 Aug until 26 Aug, at least. I don't know if I'll have access or time to get on-line.
Play nice with Dexius. :D ))

max_omega
August 14th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Dexius led the way up the road to Nova Roma, he did not say anyhting while they were on there way.

John walked either beside him or behind him, he was jnot much in teh mood for making small talk. They were actually making pretty good time, althougth they still had a long way to go. They covered 5 miles in the first 2 hours, they than came to another covered area where they took a ten minute rest to refill there water bottles.

When they got to the next rest stop, the sun was high in the sky and it was even hottier than it was. John walked under the area, took his pack off, filled his water bottle back, and took a seat leaning up against a post.

Dexuis pulled off his helmet and poured water over his face than drank two glasses filled with water and took a seat on the bench across from John.

TheGreatLordGeorge
August 14th, 2006, 03:49 PM
after recieving directions to where the two could stay george decided to get something to eat. " Captain, what do you say we skip the normal rahins and sample the local food?"

Atlantean_Fan
August 14th, 2006, 04:41 PM
<<In front of the Jaffa Council Temple>>

As soon as the guard stopped speaking, Natasha thought 'Yeah, something is not quite right and that feeling that we'll get nothing here is just increasing by the moment.'

"That's good for us. We'll wait until tomorrow." She said to the guard who turned his back and went inside the Temple once more.

"I know the perfect spot." She said with a little smile on her face to Rhea's comment about getting something to eat. "We can go there and then see our accomodations." She said waiting for a reply.

<<To the Market>>

TheGreatLordGeorge
August 14th, 2006, 04:57 PM
George followed Bystronski out of the Council Chambers and towards the market that they had passed earlier. "So whats the local cuisine like?"

Atlantean_Fan
August 14th, 2006, 05:48 PM
<<Going to the restaurant-like place>>

"Somewhat tasteless, but you get used in a while." Natasha answered. "I mean it is good, but if you're used to spice, you'll miss something, if you know what I mean." She said and started to walk a bit faster because the hunger was catching up with her.

TheGreatLordGeorge
August 14th, 2006, 05:52 PM
"thats okay. I am used to the bland fodd at the base" George said smilinng

Unorthodox
August 15th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Vinc went to the watersource and filled his canteen up. Sitting down nearby, he lost himself in thought agian.

Not thought, Vinc, he told himself. Your imagination's at work. Better not get distracted too much. So, Vinc just simply let his imagination wander - after all, the settings are new and alien, as are the features of these settings. He had expected a couple of Gliders to swoop by for reconnasance/training exercises, but he hadn't heard much of anything that wasen't natural. All in all, it was just a long hike and a camping trip - just like the Boy Scouts used to do...like he used to do with them.

They're gone, so stop worrying.

Grunting as his eyes furrowed up in a display of both frustration and helplessness, he bowed his head and retained his audible silence.

max_omega
August 17th, 2006, 03:03 PM
"We can rest here for ten minutes than continue on." Dexius said, while lying down on the bench closing his eyes again.

"Sounds good." John said, popping his neck and rolling his shoulders a couple of times.

Atlantean_Fan
August 21st, 2006, 01:13 PM
"thats okay. I am used to the bland fodd at the base" George said smilinng

<<Approaching a small house nearby the market aka friend's house and eating place>>

"I don't think the base food is bland, well perhaps it's because I got used to something blander..." Natasha said smiling too as they approached a small house of humble construction. "This place is a friend's place. Her name is Petras Virna. She is Roman and married to a Jaffa named Santu'c. The perfect blending that these societies are trying to achieve and a beacon to Dakara's future." She said knocking on the door three times.

"If you don't mind, sir, I'll introduce you as a friend by your name. Virna's husband has a few issues with, well... the SGC personel from way back and it'd be better if we don't say we're here on business. She makes the best food on Dakara far from all others and she did invite me for dinner before I left." She said smiling. "They will be pleased to see us." She repeated.

((OOC - Sorry for going missing lately. Time has been short, but I'm back. I'll post a reply tonight when I'm back at home. I just made up Virna and Santu'c. They're NPCs so feel free to play with them and I'd appreciate if you helped me a little with the house's interior description, TGLG. See you tonight.))

Gen Blue
August 25th, 2006, 04:34 PM
"We can rest here for ten minutes than continue on." Dexius said, while lying down on the bench closing his eyes again.

"Sounds good." John said, popping his neck and rolling his shoulders a couple of times.
This time it was the Roman who got to his feet first. "Time's up. Let's get moving. I'd like to reach the Tribune's camp today. Make sure your water bottles are full. There are no water sheds between here and there."
He stepped into the woods to get rid of some water. Catching the eye of the boy hiding in the trees, Dexius signed **All's well. Make ready the camp.** Without waiting for a reply, the Roman returned to the other men.

TheGreatLordGeorge
August 25th, 2006, 05:06 PM
George waited at the door for the woman to answer. "I dont mind at all Captain. " After another few seconds of waiting a Older roman woman opened the door and a smile crept across her face as she saw Bystronski.

(((OCC- sorry i havent posted, family issues)))

max_omega
August 25th, 2006, 05:24 PM
John got up and put his pack back on and filled his water bottle up, Than moved near Dexius, waiting for him to take the lead. "How much further to the Camp?"

Atlantean_Fan
August 25th, 2006, 05:55 PM
George waited at the door for the woman to answer. "I dont mind at all Captain. " After another few seconds of waiting a Older roman woman opened the door and a smile crept across her face as she saw Bystronski.

(((OCC- sorry i havent posted, family issues)))
<<At Virna's house>>

Natasha also smiled broadly when she saw Virna. She was dressed in a simple and typic Roman tunic.

"You said I should show up someday and so I came, Virna, and also because I missed you." She gave Virna a big hug not caring much for differing traditions and Virna knowing her, understood and went along hugging her too. When the hugging moment was over Virna looked at Rhea's direction with a puzzled face and Natasha noticed that she had forgotten to make the proper introductions. "I hope you don't mind that my friend..." She pointed at Rhea's direction. "...came with me. Do you? His name is George Rhea." She gave a sheepish smile that could melt even the coldest heart. Then looking at Rhea's direction. "Rhea, this is a great friend of mine Petras Virna."

"Of course, your friend is welcome in my house too. Please enter both of you. Santu'c will also be happy to see you when he gets home, especially after we were told that you were gone from Dakara." She said giving them the space and waving them in.

Natasha entered first and as she passed the door's threshold, she felt a strong headache and frowned almost umperceptively (?) in pain leaning the left side of her body agains the door frame (? The place where the actual door closes into) for a few seconds (about two).

"Are you alright, Natasha?" Virna asked worried.

"Yeah." Natasha said smiling. "I guess I just lost balance for a moment. I must be in worse shape than I thought." She said in a joking tone.

"I know what has caused it then. You always overwork and forget to take care of yourself. I'll make a nice meal for us. I'm sure it will give your strengh back, young girl. Don't you know you gotta eat to keep yourself alive?" She asked in a serious tone. "I hope your friend knows this tendency of yours so he can take care of you because you won't. I know you well enough." Virna said as Natasha picked herself up and entered the house.

"I guess he does know, Virna." Natasha said sheepishly.

((OOC - No problem I've got some stuff of my own too and that's why I've been off a lot lately, but now it's all good and I'll be on more often, like every night. Please use pink for Virna and blue for Santu'c to help readability. OK? And Virna's surname is Petras, meaning her name in order, as yours is George Rhea, is Petras Virna.))

Gen Blue
August 28th, 2006, 02:34 AM
John got up and put his pack back on and filled his water bottle up, Than moved near Dexius, waiting for him to take the lead. "How much further to the Camp?"
< on the road to Nova Roma >

Dexius glanced up at the position of the sun and gauged how long it had taken them to walk 3 leagues. "Another 3 leagues, about 4 hours with a rest stop."
He hung his helmet from a loop on light pack he carried, squirmed his shoulders to make it rest more comfortably and started down the path. "Let's go."

Unorthodox
August 28th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Vinc only nodded to Dexius' as he slung his ruck back onto his chest. The images of his past - Earth's past - left him as he focused on the road ahead.

"Lead the way, Centurion Dexius."

Jynjyr
August 28th, 2006, 08:37 AM
<< somewhere on Dakara :) >>

Gaius Justinius rolled over slowly, wishing the men with hammers would stop pounding inside his skull. He tried to open his eyes but, dirt and sweat and, yes, some tears glued his eyelashes together. The man could smell his own stench and knew he'd been unconcious for some time. The heat surrounding him was drawing the moisture from his body, leading him down the path to dehydration and death. Gods, does no one check on their prisoners? If they meant to kill me, why didn't they just slit my throat? On this miserable thought, the pounding hammers drove him back into the dark.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/Sig%20pics/Gaius.jpg

dancer_4_daniel
August 30th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Liam followed silently, his eyes taking in everything and filing it away for future reference.

max_omega
August 30th, 2006, 03:01 PM
John just followed in behind Dexius, they had been walking for about an hour, and the sun was still hot. He wipped some sweat off his forehead, and took a drink from his water bottle. Even though the canteans are designed to keep things cool the water was warm. "Lt. how is your head?"

dancer_4_daniel
August 31st, 2006, 04:58 AM
"A lot better." Liam answered honestly. "Guess that'll teach me to fall asleep in a tree again, won't it?"

max_omega
September 1st, 2006, 07:16 PM
John gave a slight smirk at his comment, "It should." John said, feeling a bit uneasy, but not letting it show. He look around at the landscape, not really much to it, mostly trees, but they were walking on a well traveled road. Occassionally passing by other Romans.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 3rd, 2006, 12:53 PM
"I didnt Virna, but thankyou for letting me know, i will stay on top of her and makes sure she takes care of herself" Geore said smiling trying to be friendly with Captain bystronskis friend.

The two of them were then lead into the humble home made of stone and wood. A strong fire was a blaze and a strong elder jaffa sat by it gathering its warmth. Virna hurried into the kitchen to finish preparing dinner and George had a seat across from to Santu'c. " Thankyou for having us, you are most generous."

Gen Blue
September 4th, 2006, 06:39 AM

After tramping along for hours with only one more rest break, they finally came in sight of group of tents. Five plain tents were grouped closely in a row, two tents with standards flapping from their peaks flanked them. A larger tent with a gold eagle on it's peak faced them across a small clearing. Dexius halted his companions a half mile away.
"The Tribune went with a half-century of hastati (40), two contubernia of triarii (16), and some of his own staff. This was supposed to be a training and diplomatic mission."
The Roman clenched his fists and his voice shook with anger, "Of 65 men, 58 were found dead. Three hastati, two trianii, the acting Praefectus Castrorium and the Tribune are missing."
From a distance, everything seemed normal. As they approached closer, they could see the tent ropes pulled free, the fire pits and cooking pots scattered, the splashes and splotches darkening the soil and tent fabric.
A soldier walking perimeter patrol stopped them. "Centurion?"
"The Tau'ri who agreed to help us find the Tribune."
The sentry stepped aside. "Everything is as it was, sir. By your orders."
"Good." Dexius waved SG8 toward the camp. "Do . . . whatever it is you're going to do. If you need help, catch a sentry."

(( Contubernia - a tent group or squad. Each tent holds 8 men. A century is 80 men. Hastati - new recruits or young soldiers. Triarii are the veterans. Praefectus Castrorium is Camp Prefect - second in command. Dexius is a triarius and usually the Praefectus Castrorium. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_legion#Legionary_officers))

dancer_4_daniel
September 4th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Nodding, Liam fanned out and began looking over the ground, his eyes filing away everything he came across. Coming to a footprint, he frowned and bent down to examine it closer. If that footprint was made by a Roman sandal, than I'm a monkey's uncle. he thought.

Unorthodox
September 4th, 2006, 07:13 AM
(( OOC: Darnit, d4d - you posted before I did :P Post redone now ))

After listening to Dexius and making some mental notes, Vinc fanned out. He was kinda glad that whoever had attacked hadn't made a huge mess; sure, stepping over and around pots and pans was annoying, but at least he didn't have to worry about trip mines or explosives...he thought.

Holding both the primary grip and the fore grip, he continued sweeping the ground for something. He had seen a few footprints, but most were incomplete. Probably due to the amount of people who were here. Bending down, though, he noticed some were not made by Roman sandals. Tilting his head to the right, he stared at the footprint for a few moments.

Slightly frowning, he made one mental note: Boots maybe?

max_omega
September 4th, 2006, 03:33 PM
<<The Camp>>

John look around at the camp, studying the layout of it before he ventured in. He slowly walked in to exam the tent where Gauis was last seen, ee studied the structure and those surrounding it. Taking mental notes of the damage. He noticed the signs of a struggle, he saw three sets of footprints. One was defianlty Roman, the other two look very similar but different. "There is defiantly more going on here."

He glanced over at the two LTs, and made a slight hand gesture letting them know that anything they find that looks suspicious not to say anything unless it is to him.

He contuned looking around the tent, and stumbled on a ripped piece of paper, it hand a message written in Roman, John was able to read a part of it, it said "Beware......you can't trust.........follow the clues......" signed Gauis. John folded up the paper and looked for the other half.

After several minutes he found it and discretly put it with the other paper. "Captain Bystronski will probably be able to translate the whole letter, I just have to get it to her."

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 4th, 2006, 03:57 PM
<Virna and Santu'cs house>

(((( Sorry for not waiting for AF but we have to get moving, you can post what you like about this scene though))))

After a few awkward minutes of sitting with Santu'c George wa relieved to finally be able to eat. Capt. Bystronski seemed to be enjoying herself very much in the company of her friends but even with the warmth they showed her George still felt out of place.

The meal like Bystronski said was somewhat bland but still to Georges liking. The One thing she was wrong about however was the meat. it was something like beef but a bit different. Virna had spent all day tenderizing and slow roasting it so that it would taste just right. The meat melted in Georges mouth and reminded him of the Brazillian Churasco, which he had sampled many times on Earth.

After the hearty dinner everyone conviened into the living room and continued to talk well into the night. Knowing he had a meeting with the High Council in the morning, Geogre went to bed earlier than the others to be well rested for his long speech.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 4th, 2006, 03:58 PM
(((((((OCC-Remember location tags people))))))))))

dancer_4_daniel
September 5th, 2006, 09:22 AM
<<The Camp>>

Liam finished up his initial sweep of the camp and became more convinced by the second that the Romans didn't have anything to do with this. The footprints looked familar to him but he was having a hard time placing them.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 5th, 2006, 11:08 AM
<Virna and Santu'cs house>

After a night of tosssing and turning, the sleep deprived George rolled out of the amazingly stiff and uncomfortable bed that he was given. He put an under shirt over his bare chest and walked over to a bowl of fresh water on his dresser and cleansed his face. As his hands brought water to his cheeks George felt the bristle of of his unshaven face. George dried his hands on a towel and walked over to his pack. There he grabbed his combat knife and took it out of the sheath and gently put it to his face. The sharp edge of the blade sliced the unwanted hair effortlessly.

Atlantean_Fan
September 5th, 2006, 03:06 PM
<< At Virna and Santu'cs house >>

After George left Natasha stayed in the living room talking to Virna and Santu'c almost the whole night.

"I need to go Kelnoreen to get my strengh back for tomorrow. It's another day of work for the Council." Santu'c said before he left the living room.

"Ok. Natasha and I may talk a little longer and then I'll go kelnoreen too." replied Virna.

"It's OK, you can both go if you're tired. There's no need for cerimonies between us, right? I know you also have to rest on your own way. I just feel so hyperactive that I think I wouldn't sleep even if my life depended on it right now." Natasha said to them.

"I'm not tired yet, so I'll stay with you." Virna said as Santu'c left the room.

"I'm glad to have someone to talk to through the night. Thanks for staying, Virna." Natasha said with a smile.

"Is there something going on that you are not telling me, young woman." Virna said like she were Natasha's mother.

"Not really, except that a good friend seems to be gone from the face of Dakkara. I can only try to think what happened to him." Natasha said in a gloomy way.

Virna looked at her as if she wanted to say something and Natasha sensed it immediately, but she didn't force Virna's hand and they continued talking about the every day life and how things were going for both of them.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 5th, 2006, 03:51 PM
George sat in his room silently going over what he would say in front of the council waiting for the others to wake up.

max_omega
September 5th, 2006, 03:52 PM
<<At the camp>>

John continued to look around the camp to find any other clues as to what really happened here. He walked over to LT. Halebert, "Do you know how to read Latin?"

"No, sir I don't."

((Quick question the Roman read and write in Latin or is it something else, I can't remember?))

Jynjyr
September 5th, 2006, 03:57 PM
(( Yeppers. It's Latin. ))

Atlantean_Fan
September 5th, 2006, 04:44 PM
<< At Virna and Santu'c's house >>

After a few hours Santu'c came back from his Kelnoreen and greeted the two women who were still talking in the living room.

"Well, you can rest now, Virna. I'll stay here and make her company." Santu'c said to Virna who started to show signs of being a little tired a few minutes ago. 'Great timing.' She thought as he entered the living room further.

"I'll go rest for a while now. Are you sure you don't want to sleep a little, Natasha?" Virna asked as she stood up from her chair, mothering Natasha some more.

"I'm really not tired, Virna. Thanks for your concern. You make me remember of my mom back on Earth sometimes. She's gone for so many years now. It's like you're my second mom." Natasha said thankfuly for her concern.

"But humans need to rest more than us and you said you might have a long day tomorrow doing I don't know what at the Council Chamber." Santu'c said to try to convince Natasha to go to sleep.

"To be honest with you, Santu'c, I don't think I sleep as much as the other people I know. I don't know why tough. I guess I just don't feel as tired for some reason. Some people just sleep little I guess and if I sleep without needing it, I get pretty lazy when I wake up even if it's only for a few hours. It's like when you sleep too much. Right now I could go on for another day pretty easily." Natasha answered to his reply.

"If you are sure of this..." Virna said as she left.

"I am. Good rest, my friend." Natasha said to Virna who crossed the door and entered the house.

It was already daybreak and Santu'c and Natasha begun to talk. After a few hours the subject of Gaius desapperance came up during their conversation about the daily things.

"What happened of late that get us troubled? The desapperance of the Roman Tribune who is member of the Council, Gaius Justinius. You must know him because of the Roman-Jaffa agreement talks you have helped with." Santu'c said sharpily with a worried look. "We still have no idea where he is or what really happened to him. I feel like a failure. Although he wasn't anywhere near the Council Chamber when it happened. I'm one of the Council's guards and I don't like when this kind of thing happens to one of our own." Santu'c said with agitated atittude.

"What happened was not your fault, Santu'c. As you said he wasn't anywhere near the Council Chamber when it happened." Natasha said patting his right shoulder. "You're right when you said I knew Justinius, I do and we're friends too. I'd really like to know more about what happened to him, if you know something..." Natasha said trying to get something out of Santu'c. "If you can't say anything, I'll understand." Natasha said in an understanding tone of voice.

"You know I can't disclosure anything that come to my ears in the Council Chamber, but Gaius is a far relative of Virna's and she is destroyed by his desappearance." Santu'c said clearly divided as to what to do next. "Well, as I said I don't know what happened, but I knew something was going to happen, even he did. What I don't know is why he didn't believe in the threats he received. I really can't say more, even because that's all I really know, Natasha." Santu'c said finally making his choice to trust Natasha with what he knew on the matter.

"So, are you telling me Gaius knew he would be abducted and still left the protection of the main city?" Natasha asked in disbelief, knowing that Gaius wouldn't do something like that unless something greater, at least to him, was at stake. Natasha knew him enough to know this.

"Indeed." Santu'c simply answered.

"That's weird and sad. It's also hard to loose a good friend. They're so hard to find." Natasha replied, thousands of thoughts running through her mind at the same time.

Natasha and Santu'c continued their talk on less hard subjects for them both untill Virna rejoined them and entered the conversation, which got lighter on purpose after her arrival. It was already late morning by then.

"I'll prepare something for the breakfast. Your friend must be waking up by now." Virna said with a smile.

"You're probably right. Do you want some help?" Natasha asked politely.

"It is not necessary." Virna answered, standing up and leaving for the kitchen.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 5th, 2006, 07:01 PM
George finished getting dressed in his offworld jumpsuit and Flak Jacket.He then grabbed his rifle and went downstairs to find Captain Bystronski talking with her old friends in the same spot he left her. He was a little mad but did not want to jump to conclusions. Maybe she just woke up early, or atleast she bettr have. George walked over and had a seat. " Captain, you better have had atleast a few hours of sleep" George said in a deep, professional tone.

Before the captain could even mutter an answer a loud knock was heard coming from the door. "Open in the name of the High Council" the voice at the door said. Santu'c quickly rose and ran to the door to answer it. When Snatu'c opened the door a contingent of Jaffa and Roman soldiers entered and made thier way in without a word. the leader, a proud Jaffa sttod in front of George in a very proper way. I have been sent by the High Council to to escort you to the Testing Chamber" The strong man said.

George continued to sit in front of the man pretending not to be impressed by his demeanor. " Testing center? We have a meeting with the high Council in an hour!"

" The meeting will wait. The identity of all who wish to spek before the council must be validated before they can do so in light of what has recently occured." The jaffa said.

George took what the jaffa had to say and nodded his head. " that seems to be okay, I guess we should get going so we can get this over with."

< Testing Chamber>

((((Just a Quick detour i added, nothing more thn a blood test and a zatarc detector session))))

Atlantean_Fan
September 6th, 2006, 05:48 PM
<< Santu'c and Virna's house>>

Natasha heard Rhea and his sleeping commentary. 'He wouldn't understand it anyway. No one ever did...' She thought to herself while deciding to stay quiet on the matter and let him think whatever he wanted about it. It wasn't a reason to cause trouble with her CO.

Moments after, soldiers from the High Council entered the door and said they had to pass through identity tests to prove they are who they say they are.

"It's OK by me too, Rhea. Let's go and get this over with. The faster we can resolve this matter, the better." She said in a somewhat light mood.

Natasha and George then said their goodbyes to Santu'c and Virna and left the house, following the soldiers to the Testing Chamber.

<< To the Testing Chamber >>

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 7th, 2006, 04:52 AM
<Dark room,testing chamber>

After the across the city George and Bystronski were seperated an put into small dark room. George could hear water dripping but was unable to see where it was coming from. Then, a bright light shone in the room directly in George's face.

"Human! Identify yourself, name and rank!" said the shadowy figure.

"Lieutenant Commander George A. Rhea of the Tauri, leader of SG-8" George said trying to find his eyes from the bright light while they adjusted.

Once George said this, the light was turned off and the normal room lights were turned on.

"That is who you say you are, now we find out" The Roman man said." Before you see the council we must make sure you are who you say you are. We will now be taking a sample of your blood for analisys" As soon as the roman said this one of the gaurds took his double bladed knife out and slashed George in the arm. Geogre bit his lip in order not to to scream with pain."This sample will do" the man said. He then walked out of the room with the blood stained knife to analize it."now we will test you against the Zatarc detector."

At that, a man cam in with the machine and placed it on a table.He then strapped down George and placed the interactive device on his temple. They began the long process.After it was done The Roman guard came in "You are who you say you are, you will be able to see the council once your subordinate passes the test"

Atlantean_Fan
September 7th, 2006, 09:09 PM
<< Inside the testing chamber >>

Natasha and George crossed the main city once more following the Council guards. When they arrived at the testing chamber they were separated and taken to different rooms.

'This place doesn't get much maintenance or guests, I guess.' Natasha thought to herself as she waited inside the dark room. 'Or perhaps they just want to impress the weaker minds. So like them...'

Natasha's thoughts were stopped when she heard that someone was close by. Moments after a Jaffa woman warrior carrying the symbol of Moloc from Ishta's tribe came inside the room with two more warriors armed with staff weapons, one of them carryed a casing on the other hand.

"In the name of the Free Jaffa and Romans. Identify yourself!" The leader said in a rispid voice.

"Natasha Bystronski of the Tau'ri...Captain, but you know that, Nora." Natasha replied also in a strong tone of voice because she knew she had to show they were on the same level to the Jaffa women and that she couldn't show weakness towards them.

"Yeah, but we must make sure you are the real Captain Bystronski." The warrior responded.

"No problem. Go on." Natasha said, extending her right arm for the blood sample taking procedure. "I've passed through this before..." She said as Nora made a small cut on her arm and took the knife with the blood away for analysis. While she was left, one of the other two warriors came forth.

"While Nora is testing your blood sample, you will pass through the Zatarc test. I will conduct it myself." The warrior said placing the machine out of its casing and over the simple table inside the room. She then strapped down Natasha and placed the interactive device on her temple. They began the long process of Q & A.

At the end, after a few adjustments had to be done to the equipment, the test was performed with exit and Natasha passed.

"If your blood test comes out clean, you are free to go see the High Council." The woman said while placing the device into its casing once again.

'I hope nothing odd shows on my blood sample. I just wanna go and get the info I need to find Justinius ASAP. AH, Natasha, what could possibly go wrong? You've made thousands of this tests before and always passed. This one will be no different.' Natasha thought to herself while she waited for the results of the blood test in the company of the Jaffa women that were guarding her. Minutes after the Zatarc test ended, Nora came back.

"Your test was clean. Welcome back, Captain." Nora said and then gesticulated Natasha and the warriors to leave the room with her. "Your CO will be meeting you at the door of the Council Chamber. Follow us." Nora said and then guided Natasha in the well know path to her towards the Dakkaran Monument and the entrance of the Council Chamber.

<< To The Council Chamber>>

Gen Blue
September 8th, 2006, 01:11 PM
<<At the camp>>

John continued to look around the camp to find any other clues as to what really happened here. He walked over to LT. Harris, "Do you know how to read Latin?"

((Quick question the Roman read and write in Latin or is it something else, I can't remember?))
Dexius watched the members of SG8 search through the camp. He knew that the Tau'ri would only find what THEY wished them to find. As much as he disagreed with the methods in this case, THEY'RE attention to detail was meticulous.
The setting sun flashed a beam off the Tribune's eagle. It struck Dexius in the eyes like a punch from his missing commander. I'm sorry, Justinius. You had to be stubborn on this point.

max_omega
September 8th, 2006, 04:22 PM
<<At the camp>>

John waited for Harris respond, than look around the camp glancing over at Dexius. He had not moved from his spot since they had been there, There is something odd about this whole thing. I can't quiet put my finger on it.

John moved away from the Lt. and went over to one of the far tents, he look around the ground and searched through the few scattered papers, than one of the sentry walked over to him. "You are the leader of this group?"

"Yes, Major John Ezekiel." He said standing up while holding the papers.

"I have information for you, but we must be cautions. We are being watched." The sentry said, looking around as if slightly paranoid, "You and your people must be careful."

John looks at the man in the eyes, assessing him and what he said. "What is your information and how do I know I can trust you?"

"Because the note you found was planted there, your people were not told all the information." He began, than motioned for him to come inside the tent, "We must talk in private."

John was a little skeptical but followed him inside anyway. He moved his right hand to where is gun was and unhooked the strap, just to be ready incase he had to use it. They walked into the tent, John look around the tent he did not notice anything unusual but than again he had never seen a Roman military camp before.

“I am Primus Pilus Julius Marius, Captain Natasha Bystroski is a good friend of my sister, and since she and your CO are to appear before the council I figured you were the one to talk with.” He moved his hand to his side, like he was going to pull out his knife, John was careful not to show any motion waiting till he knew what he was going to do, but he showed no sign of being hostile“Before he was captured I notice that Gauis was acting very strange. When I tried to get him to talk he just dismissed my concern. But than I found out that he was being threatened, he was warned him if he chose to leave the protection of the city that the council could not protect him.” He looked toward the door, "I tell you this because no one else will, and I fear that you and your team could be walking into something dangerous. I will try and find out any information I can, but there is no gaurantee that I will find anything. We must leave now."

John followed Julius out. “I have a lot to think about,” he looks over at Dexius and than walked over to him.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 9th, 2006, 11:38 AM
<Outside the council chamber>

George was escorted out of the dark basement. The slash on his arm had stopped bleeding and he had dressed the wound as best as he could. When he entered the room outside the chamber he was met by Capt. Bystronski.

"Captain, it is good to see you. I guess you passed the test." George said while attempting to fix his uniform as to look neat and prepared in front of the council " Something more is going on here but i am not sure what. Why i am in the chamber with the council I want you to talk to your contacts around here and see if you can gather"

Then the giant doors of the council opened and a Jaffa came out with a scroll and unfurled it. "The High Council of the Free Jaffa and Romans will now here the testimony of the Tau'ri representitive Lt. Cmdr. George A. Rhea."

George looked over to the Jaffa man andraised his hand to signal him." I will be right there" George then looked back to the captain "You have your orders."

Atlantean_Fan
September 9th, 2006, 06:50 PM
<< Outside The Council Chamber >>

Nora and the other Jaffa women scorted Natasha to the Council Chamber and left her just outside the main door to wait for Rhea's arrival. Although she seemed to be alone, she knew that there were people paying attention to everything she was doing in that spot, so she waited quietly for a few minutes holding the arm that was cut with the other hand. Minutes later Rhea arrived escorted by a group of Jaffa and Romans. 'I guess they think he's more dangerous than I am since I got only three escorts. Whatever...' She thought as he approached her position, still holding her arm.

"I guess you never passed through this, that's why you got a little worried, but it's OK. If you get nothing to hide, was never a host and has a strong mind not to get zatarced, you'll always pass with honours. No trouble." She said smiling.

Natasha noticed that Rhea was trying to fix his outfit and let out a little smile. "Don't worry about that, sir, they consider it as strength that you passed through trials with honour." She said to make him feel less worried about the way he looked. "Remember. No matter what happens inside there, don't loose your temper and believe me when I tell you that you'll feel like smacking half of them ten minutes into the gathering. Don't shout and always remember to address them as Jaffa and Romans as I said before and you'll do great, sir. I have all confidence in your skills." She said trying to reassure Rhea of his abilities to negotiate that she didn't even know if he had or not. He was clearly somewhat nervous, a clear sign of lack of experience in such matters, but Natasha decided that if he thought he could do it on his own, she would trust him to do so.

"You can trust that if someone around here knows something, you'll know it too, sir. I know loads of people around and many of them are also good friends of Justinius." She said in a low voice after getting closer to him in order not to let the other people she knew were around the place hear what she was saying clearly.

The doors of the Council Chamber opened and a Jaffa came out and said that Rhea was allowed to enter. Natasha tryed to reassure him again with a look. As he went towards the entrance doors, she began to go the other way and just absentmindedly let the hand that was holding her arm go down and reveal the place where she was wounded with the knife that took her blood sample for the Naquadah presence test. As she passed across Rhea, she noticed that her arm wasn't covered and quickly pulled down her jacket's sleeve in order to do so. 'I hope he hasn't noticed it.' She thought as she left the outside chamber towards the place where the guards stayed and heard the doors to the Council Chamber close after Rhea passed through them. 'I hope all goes well and that he can keep his cool. We need as much info as they can give us.' She thought as she walked away further.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 9th, 2006, 07:59 PM
<Council Chamber>

George walked away from the Captain and to the Jaffa " Lt. Cmdr. Rhea"

"Right this way human, the council is expecting you"

George enters the outer rim of the chamber and is told to wait there while the Council finishes thier previous conversation of national matters. The Jaffa that lead him in then walks to the center of the room and adresses the Council.

"It is my Honor to introduce Lt. Cmdr. George A. Rhea of the Tauri" said the jaffa. He then got off of the center stage that the council surrounded. The Jaffa then motioned for George to take his place.

George then very confidently walked up to the stage and stood thier for a second waiting for recognition. What am I doing here? I am a pilot not a diplomat! He thought to himself.

Then, master Bra'tacstood and spoke "The Coucil now recognizes Lt. Cmdr. Rhea for testimoney. You may begin."

Thank you Master Bra'tac, I would first like to express my sympathies on the matter of Giauses disappearance on behalf of the Tauri"

Bra'tac looks George directly in the eye "Thank you Commander, your sympathy is apprecaited by the council and the and those it serves. "

"That is why I am here sir, Dexius Flavin, Giauses aide came to us asking for assistance in this matter. He was woried that political tension in this forming nation was hindering the investigation. In the spirit of our friendship my team was dispatched to lend a helping hand. Part of my team is already on the case, and we would like to continue if granted the right by this Council."

An old fat member of the council then stands and pounds his fist on te table. "This is an outrage! This is an internal matter that should be kept internal! What right do you have to interfere human!"

Outraged Bra'tac stands up. "Calm yourself Kor'va! These our our trusted friends who played a key role in freeing us from our false gods. You will show him respect and besides you know as I we could use the help."

George was a bit flusterd by all of the comotion. His pale irish skin began to turn red and his heart was pounding faster than ever before but he kept his mind ready and paying attention. "Well master Bra'tac my men are willing to help you in any way needed."

"Thank you, we welcome your help in this investigation. I am afraid the Free Jaffa nation is facing a threat that cannot be mended interanally." Bra'tac said almost embarrest to even bring it up.

"What would this threat be? A goa'uld? Some other enemy?" George said in an attempt to gather information to build a strong case or lead from tigt lipped Jaffa

"I am afraid it is more serious than that. Ever since the integration of the Roman culture into our free nation thier has been a growing movement of separation between the two cultures. At first it was nothing serious, just ideologic differences but in the months that have followed the movement has grown more radical. Terrorist attacks have become common on some of the colonies, They have become a cancer on this nation, its numbers grow everyday. they have even infiltrated the political system, it is hard to tell who is ally and who is a traitor."

George interupted Bra'tac to ask a question "And you believe this group is responsible for Giauses disappearance?"

"That seems to be the consensus. Giaus was a strong advocate for the integration and i fear that without him the process will most likely fail. That is thier ultimate goal. This group is known as the Gu'mare. You must be careful in your investigation. No one can be trusted."

Atlantean_Fan
September 9th, 2006, 09:07 PM
<< Council guards barracks-like place >>

Natasha walked outside the monument in order to reach the guard's barracks and talk to the people she knew that guarded the Council Chamber. She was a bit nervous about how well things would play out for Rhea, Ezekiel and ultimately Gaius.

'I don't like this feeling I'm having that this won't end well.' Natasha thought as she walked.

When she reached the place she was going to, she started to talk small talk to the guards she knew. She was clearly throwing green to harvest good info from them, in such a master way that they didn't notice anything and just started giving up what they knew after a few moments of talk.

'Not much, but things are starting to make some sense.' Natasha thought after a few hours of friendly small talk with her acquaintances.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 10th, 2006, 03:42 PM
After George spoke in front of the High Council they decided to finish for the day. Everyone stayed in the chamber for a few minutes discussing the matters of the day and asking for support in matters to be adressed on later days. Master Bra'tac then walks upp to George and grabbed his arm in the traditional jaffa way. "Tec ma te Cmdr. Rhea".

George smiled and reciprocated "Tec ma te Master Bra'tac" Geroge then looked away to one of the politicians attempting to sway a members vote. He then turned back to Bra'tac "Politicians are the same on every planet I guess"

"Yes, it can get quite agressive." he then paused for a second " I came over hear to commend you on your speach. You spoke with great ease"

George smiled "You have no idea what i was going through, Speaking is not one of my best traits. But i would like to thank you,without your support I think my proposal would have shot down "

"Pay no attention to Kor'va. He is an old warrior and takes his honor very seriously and is embarassed by this incident."

Geore smiled "Well Bra'tac, if you do not mind I would like to join my team on the investigation. could you possibly arrange transportation to the Roman training facility outside the town? "

Bra'tac thought a moment and then his face brightened up as if he had an idea. "There is a cargo ship headed to the camp to resupply it. If you are able to fly it I will arrange you to deliver the supplies. After that you may use it during your investigation."

George became excited ast te prospect of flying the cargo ship " I actually can, thank you for the offer. I think i will take you up on that."

"Excellent, I will make the changes. Meet me with any subordinates you have with you at the docking bay in a few minutes." Bra'tac then was on his way and George started on his way out of the Chamber. he then activated his Radio "Captain Bystronski, meet me at the High Council Docking bay"

<To the docking bay>

Atlantean_Fan
September 10th, 2006, 04:02 PM
<< Barracks >>

Natasha continued to talk with her acquaintances and after a few hours, she recieved a transmission through her radio.

"Well, I guess that's my call. I have to go now people. See you all later." Natasha said as she, already standing up, started to move towards the door and waved to her friends.

"I'm on my way to the Docking Bay. See you there in ten minutes, sir." Natasha answered through the radio.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 10th, 2006, 04:26 PM
<docking bay>

George walked into the Docking bay to find Br'tac waiting for him.

Cmdr. Rhea , the ship is right over here. Its already.

Thanks

Atlantean_Fan
September 10th, 2006, 04:41 PM
((OOC - For what I know none of our characters has Naquadah in their bloods for being an ex-host, so how are we going to fly the ship?))

<< Docking Bay >>

Natasha entered the docking bay and noticed Rhea and Bra'tac talking and headed to that spot.

"Master Bra'tac, tec ma te." She said approaching them. "So that's our bird? That's better than I thought. I thought we were going by foot like the others. I like this better, I confess." She said smiling and looking at the ship in front of them.

"Tec ma te." Bra'tac replied greeting her too. "Yeah, I think that is your... bird." He said a little clueless even after years dealing with the Tau'ri.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 10th, 2006, 04:47 PM
((((You do not need naquadah to fly a cargo ship, Oniell has done it before.)))

Atlantean_Fan
September 10th, 2006, 04:54 PM
((OOC - When? Lost City? He could be more comanding the ship with his mind by then than through the Goa'uld commands. I don't know really... Was it another episode? I only remember LC.))

Unorthodox
September 10th, 2006, 07:05 PM
(( OOC: Didn't Daniel take the helm when they had to deal with...oh who was it...the part where Daniel goes "I told him I was the great and powerfull Oz" bit? ))

Jynjyr
September 11th, 2006, 02:24 AM
(( Jack piloted in The Serpents Venom. Where they reset one of the Tobin floating bombs to target the Goa'uld ships. Also, Daniel did in Tangent. When Jacob and Sam were fixing the engines. You need Naquadah to run the hand devices. ))

Atlantean_Fan
September 11th, 2006, 09:02 AM
((OOC - Thanks. I had forgotten about those ones. You're right.))

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 12th, 2006, 01:42 PM
<Docking bay>

George and Bra'tac laughed at his interlinguistical (might have made up this word) mistake.
"Ahh! I believe I understand what you mean , it is a fair comparrison. However, you are now on your own, I must return to the council Chambers.Good luck, I hope you find Giaus..

George turned squarely to Bra'tac and grabbed his arm. "Thank you Master Bratac, Tecmate"

"Tecmate Commander". Bratac then walked away and out of the bay into the direction of the Chamber.

Cmdr. Rhea then turned to Bystronski. " Let's get going, i want to get back with Ezekiel and the others to finish up the investigation. We have information they need to know. I will fill you in on the way what that is exactly."

George walked over to the entrance of the cargo ship and enter the code Bratac had given him. The ship doors slid open instantly and george walked in. What he found was a standard cargo ship filled to the brim with the supplies they were to deliver.George then went over to the controls aand once Capt. Bystronski had entered closed the doors and activated the ship. He piloted the ship out of the bay and they was off.

<Flying>

Jynjyr
September 14th, 2006, 04:52 PM
<< somewhere on Dakara :) >>

"I told you that I wanted him ALIVE!"
The sound of a staff striking a body roused Justinius from his stupor. A foot jammed into his ribs made him groan.
"You're lucky, hastatus. I was going to stake you out for the da'ric."
Rough hands hauled the Tribune to his feet and held him up while buckets of water were poured over him. After the first couple, the man had the wit to open his mouth and let the liquid trickle in. Finally, he was able to talk.
"What have you done with my men? What do you want?"

((George - I guess the head 'bad guy' is yours. :)))

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 14th, 2006, 05:23 PM
The Head Jaffa stepped out into light and into Giauses sight. "Your men were of no concern to us but they have been dealt with accordingly.... Lets just say thier are a few less of you filthy Romans poluting the culture of the Jaffa" The jaffa then paused ad took a kinfe from his boot and used it to peel a fruit. He the proceeded to eat the part he peeled " Allow me to introduce myself, I am Tar'ku, a member of thethe Gu' mare. We are a reasonable group and do not ask much, just the irradication of roman influence on our people. Our plan was too drive a wedge between my people and yours by capturing you. However an oppurtunity has risen and we have the chance to also dissolve the relationship our goverment has with the tauri. We couldnt have wished it any better. Soon, the jaffa people will be reliant on themselves, free of outside influence. We will be able to rise to our full potential, to be the dominant power in the Galaxy!"

Atlantean_Fan
September 14th, 2006, 06:00 PM
<< Flying high in the sky, or should I say orbit? >>

Natasha said her googbyes and thanks to Bra'tac as well and got onboard the vessel he had arranged for them. She went to the ship's control room and took a seat in the chair beside the pilot's one, since that one was took by Rhea who was flying their bird.

She just sat there in silence for many minutes after they took off of the ground. She knew Rhea might have new information from the Council, but she was feeling miserable and guilty. The more she achieved a higher understanding of the sitation, the more she felt it was her fault in someway. Her pain was showing through and could be perceived and felt easily. When they stepped through the StarGate to Dakkara, she had no info, but was willing to do whatever would be necessary to get it. Now she had the info, but didn't want to know.

((OOC - Yeah, she found out about the rebel group too, but doesn't know their name yet. She feels guilty 'cause she feels responsible for what is happening. I guess time for a little Natasha backstory on Dakkara? You choose, if you start I'll follow you.))

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 14th, 2006, 06:06 PM
<Sky>

Geore could feel the tension of the awkward silence and decided to break it."So this Group, they call themsleves the Gu'mare. They seem to be hellbent of the separation of the Roman and Jaffa people.They arent a weak group either. They have agents on every level of the govermentThat is why the council has let us continue. They cant trust anyone inside the goverment." George then paused for a momentand then continued. "I know you were on Dakara for a long time, did you notice any hostility between the two peoples?"

Atlantean_Fan
September 16th, 2006, 09:21 PM
<< Flying High in The Sky >>

"Hostility is an understatement, sir. There was almost outright civil war in the beginning when the first Free Romans began to come to Dakkara, but it changed after Athena's forces attacked the planet. They both became more opened to the idea of unifying in order to maintain the freedom they had achieved." Natasha said and then looked absentmindedly to the clouds outside the ship's windshield.

"I was a little responsible for the..., in lack of better word, lobbying for the beginning of the joining talks." She stopped to think about what to say next.

"It was hard in the beginning, not everyone had a very open mind to the idea that was being put on the table. The first to be brought into the fold was Bra'tac in the Jaffa side, but I needed someone on the Roman side so that I could put my show on the road and execute the plan I had in mind." Natasha started to get very emotionally disturbed before saying her next words, like the memories were stabbing her heart. She stopped again for a few moments and continued.

"One day I heard Justinius talking to some of his men in the Market and saw how carismatic a figure he was among his people. I approached him and we got to know each other. I sold him the idea of unification with the Jaffa and told him that a member of the High Council, Master Bra'tac, was willing to go on with the idea, that it would benefit both of their peoples if peace and union could be stablished between the Jaffa and the Romans of Dakkara, even as a beacon of hope to other planets." She stopped again, a little lone tear dropped down her face. "He bought it." The tear went down and another began to form while Natasha tried to maintain a straight tone of voice.

"A few months later we were, in lack of better terms, a powerful movement on Dakkara, with Justinius leading the Roman side and Bra'tac the Jaffa side. I worked as a non-biased bridge among both sides. So the talks in the Council Chambers began because we couldn't be ignored anymore. When the talks finished and they were long." She sighed and continued. "All of us thought that those days of lack of understanding were over and a new beginning was being formed for both their societies and peace was stablished with no shred of a doubt. At least the weapons stopped being paraded on the streets, so we thought we had been successful in our intentions." She stopped once more and looked over the windshield once again.

"I know now how wrong I was, sir." She said sharpily as a reprimend to herself. "I thought I was helping them achieve something to benefit them all, something I felt they wanted for themselves, but what I was actually doing was projecting my mindset into them." The tears were now silently running across her face as she was looking through the windshield on the side opposite to Rhea's in a void attempt to hide her emotional state.

"I thought I knew better and now Justinius will pay for my arrogance with his life. I'll be directely responsible if he dies." She said again in a harsh tone as a reprimend to herself.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 17th, 2006, 07:49 AM
<Flying>

George listened intently to the captains words trying to gather more intel. The ship was easy to fly so he could spend alot of his attention on her. near the end of her speech George could tell that she was crying, he could hear it in her voice. " Don't beat yourself up Captain, you had the right intentions, and besides, you have to think of all of the the people this alliance has helped. What about your friends, Virna and San'tuc? Would they be together if it wasnt for the unification that you made happen? You cant let the few who oppose this hinder the great work you have done"

Atlantean_Fan
September 17th, 2006, 02:04 PM
<< On route to the Roman camp >>

Natasha just sat there in silence for a few moments, the tears still going down her face, as if she needed the time to let Rhea's words sink in.

"I guess you may be right, Rhea, that the unification would eventually be the natural course for them to go, perhaps? But I get this feeling that they weren't really ready for it, that I pushed them further than they were truly ready to go." She raised her hands and passed them on her face with a fast move to clean up the tears. She turned and looked directly to Rhea.

"I just want this to be over and to illude myself that Justinius will be found alive." She stopped for a moment. "I have this right, don't I, sir." She sighed deeply and continued. "For what I've heard, this guys would better come bully us to strand relations than him. After all, our pull with the Jaffa is in a way much greater than the Romans'. We should be ready for everything once we touch the ground again." She said and her gaze got lost again in the landscape outside the front windshield.

max_omega
September 17th, 2006, 02:08 PM
<At the Camp>

John stood next to Dexius for a second than Lt. Laim Harris motioned him to what he was looking at. John bent down next to him and examined the marks.

“Sir, these look like staff blast marks.” Liam said.

“Have you noticed anything else unusual around here?”

“Just the foot prints, they don’t look like Roman foot prints.” Vinc said looking around.

“I have noticed that two, keep looking.” John left the Lt. and glanced over at Julius he was standing again in his place, but he motioned with his hands point to another tent that was undisturbed.

John through the camp followed by Lt Liam, they made there way to the tent and look around it. They walked inside and look around; the tent was mostly undisturbed, except for papers thrown all over the place.

Liam walked over to a stack of paper and began to look through them, scanning them trying to find anything relevant.

John noticed part of the rug was bent up and decided to have a look underneath it, when he lifted it up he found a large hidden truck. It was locked so he pulled out his lock pick. It took several minutes but he managed to get it open.

When he opened it, he saw a stack of letters to Dexius, they all bore a strange symbol, it was not Roman or Jaffa. “Lt, have you ever seen this symbol before?”

Liam walked over holding a few papers, “Can’t say that I have sir.”

“Anything interesting, in those letters?” John asked.

“Only if you want to know about his family, most are letters from his children, nothing significant.”

John look at the letter but could not really read any of it, “There is something not right about these letters, if they were official business there would be no need to hide them.” John pulled off his pack and slipped the letters inside then put the trunk back where he found it. John replaced his back pack and look around some more, but did find anything else. So they headed out of the tent to where Lt. Halberet was.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 17th, 2006, 02:11 PM
George continued to pliot the ship and lowered the speed as they got closer. " i agree, we should be ready. Oce we ring down these cases of supplies i'll land the ship. we have to be reasy to defend ourselves."

Atlantean_Fan
September 17th, 2006, 02:17 PM
<< Hovering over the camp, I guess? >>

"I will be ready, sir." Natasha said in a distant tone, gathering strengh from some hidden part of her mind.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 17th, 2006, 02:19 PM
<hovering the camp>

'Romans Kree! yelled a Roman gaurd on the outskirts of the town. As the other romans came to his position they pointed thier staff weapons up into the sky at the oncoming ship. The ship then stopped and began to hover a few hundreed feet from thier position and the rings were activated. Then supplies appeared and the Roman soldiers realized it was thier lonag awaited supplies. They quickly moved in to clear the pltform and then the Remainder of the supplies were beamed down. The ship then accelerated and went past the camp to the far side and began landing Procedures.

<In the camp>
When the ship finally landed trhe side hatch opened and George came out slowly with his MP5 ready to fire. " All Clear!" . george then lowered his rifle and activated his Radio <radio> "Major Ezekiel, we have just landed inside the Roman camp you are at, report" <Radio>

max_omega
September 17th, 2006, 02:20 PM
<At the camp>

As they walked out of the tent, John noticed the cargo ship above the camp, he look at the Lt, "Must be delivering more supplys."

The supplys landed than John radio became active. "Yes, Major we are here, heading toward your position now." John signaled to both Lt to follow him to where the cargo ship landed.

Atlantean_Fan
September 17th, 2006, 02:31 PM
<< At the Roman camp >>

After their cargo ship landed, Natasha took a deep breath and followed Rhea to the outside, her P-90 in ready to shoot position, but no one was there to welcome them. As he radioed Ezekiel, she stood at ease in front of the ship's hatch, but with her senses opened in case something was about to happen.

max_omega
September 17th, 2006, 02:39 PM
<At Camp>

John walked across the camp two where the ship had landed, it took them a few minutes to get over there. "I believe I found something of interest." John said, when they arrived at the Cargo ship.

Unorthodox
September 17th, 2006, 02:40 PM
(( OOC: Sorry for not posting. I just don't feel that I can contribute most of the time. And besides, my character is a reserved kinda guy. ))

I know this was a diplomatic mission, but how could Jaffa jump the Romans, and completely disorganize them, so easily?, Vinc thought to himself as he walked behind Major Ezekiel. You cant just take a high-ranking diplomat with a single swipe...that requires a tactical stealth operation, not a skirmish. He furrowed his brow, his lips slowly creeping downward. Something stinks bad - and whatever it is, it's coming to bite us in the ass. Someone knew how to disorganize the Romans, and no Jaffa skirmish can do that. There's something we're not being told.

He brought his head back up to a vertical stance. He could see the landed cargo ship, and two familiar figures heading towards them. Talking in a small, distant voice, he mubled, "I hope they have some answers, because there more questions here than a simple hit-and-run should allow." He re-gripped the AUG firmly in his left hand, keeping his right hand off the forward grip as he and his teammates walked to the others. This situation was becoming more uncomfortable every minute.

max_omega
September 17th, 2006, 02:48 PM
<At camp>

John began to pull off his back pack but than waited, "What did you guys find out at the High Council meeting?" He asked before pulling out the things from his bag.

Atlantean_Fan
September 17th, 2006, 02:50 PM
<< At the Roman camp >>

All of a sudden a feeling of unrestness struck Natasha. She looked out of the hatch waiting for someone to arrive, at first she thought it was the enemy, but later as they approached her position, she identified the silhuetes of Ezekiel, Halberet and Harris who were coming in the direction of the cargo ship.

"Not something good I'm afraid. We might be in trouble." Natasha said in an unhappy tone, waiting for the two commanders of SG-8 to exchange their information, because she just didn't feel much like doing it at the moment, her mind was somehow lost somewhere else, that strange feeling didn't want to leave her.

max_omega
September 17th, 2006, 02:54 PM
<<At the Roman Camp>>

"Unfortunatly we did not finding anything reassuring either," John began than pulled out the letters with the strange seal on them, "I found these hidden in one of the tent, its the one of only two tents still up in the massacared camp." He motioned to the tent on the far side of the camp. "They were hidden, in a trunk, the symbol is nothing that I have seen before, and I am not really an expert on Latin. So I am not real sure what they say." He hande the letters to Major Rhea.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 17th, 2006, 03:03 PM
George was glad to see the major and the rest of the team. ' We have some intel, but nothing on the case at hand" George said. He was then handed the letters with the symbol and began to study them carefully. " Where is Dexius? I want to question him about these letters. captain, Lietenant, go find him and bring him to teh ship. Dot tell him why."

max_omega
September 17th, 2006, 03:11 PM
((OOC-I am going to play Lt. Harris))

Lt. Harris look at the Major and nodded, "Be right back he is just on the other side of the camp." Harris began to run slightly until he was sure he was in view of Dexius he made his way through the camp to where Dexius was.

He walked right up to him and being respectful yet firm. "Centurion Dexius Flabian, Major Rhea would like to speak with you. He is the one that flew the Cargo ship. Please come with me."

Atlantean_Fan
September 17th, 2006, 03:27 PM
"Yes, sir." Natasha simply said and then just followed Harris as he went towards Dexius, even because she wasn't paying much attention to the layout of the camp as she and Rhea hovered over it with the cargo ship earlier.

As he stayed in silence during the trip so did she. When they arrived and Liam spoke their intentions, Natasha just nodded at Dexius, showing the way to go by extending her right hand and saying "Please, Dexius." She said respectfully while looking deeply into his eyes as if looking for something.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 17th, 2006, 03:36 PM
As the younger officers go off and get Dexius George walks into the cargo bay and motions for the Major to follow. " C'mon i will brief you"

max_omega
September 17th, 2006, 03:39 PM
John follows the Major into the cargo ship, and leans agains a nearby wall.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 17th, 2006, 04:02 PM
George had a seat at the pilots chair and turned it to face Ezekiel. "So when i talked to the high council they told me about a group of terrorist called the Gu'mare. they are a group hellbent on the destruction of the Roman-jaffa alliance. They want to preserve thier culture.thats who the council thinks is behind the kidnapping.George then turned to Lt. halberet" Lt, i want you to look over these letters, looks for patterns or codes, the cargo ship database should be able to help you. I have a feeling Dexxius is involved in this somehow"

max_omega
September 17th, 2006, 04:33 PM
John sets down his pack and thinks for a moment, "Well I also had a converstation with one of Gauis men, he told me that he was concerned about him. His behavior had changed and apparently he was getting threats of some kind." John walked away from the wall, "I did find those letters hidden, I thought that was quite unusually. Did you by any chance recognize the seal on the letters?"

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 17th, 2006, 04:52 PM
"well, I didnt recognize the label, thats why i sent halberet to look in the databse, maybe he can find something." George said while still sitting waiting for Dexius to arrive

Unorthodox
September 17th, 2006, 08:02 PM
(( OCC: I'll try to make the orientation of the notes as vauge as possible, since you guys aren't in agreement yet ))

Vinc acknowledged the order, taking the notes inside the the cargo ship. As he went in, he muttered something to himself about how he should have taken the time to study more Goa'uld before the mission than he did. Sighing, he sat down at the control panel and began to rough out a translation of the controls.

It was a fairly easy set up, though, so he soon was accessing the database. As translations for the more complicated words began to clear up what the notes said, his old "Oh s***" sense kicked in. Staring blankly at the control panel, he couldn't believe he was seeing this. This can't be right. I better double check myself before I inform the others.

Quickly accessing the database agian, he began to re-check his translations. Things weren't starting to look much better though..

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 23rd, 2006, 03:21 PM
(((OCC- I am starting)))

< Cargo ship, Roman camp>

George sat patiently waiting for the return of Bystronski an Harris. He sat in his chair scanning the area and looked over to Halberet who was looking at a display with a puzzle face. " Status report Lieutenant"

Atlantean_Fan
September 23rd, 2006, 07:06 PM
<< At the tents area, Roman camp >>

"I guess we should get going." Natasha said still maintaining eye contact with Dexius. "There's nothing for you to be... shaken about, Dexius. It's probably nothing but a little chat." She said to Dexius and then, braking her eye contact with him, looked over to Lt. Harris. "Lead the way, Harris."

((OOC - I'll wait for Blue to post so we go on. I'll also continue to NPC Harris for the time being.))

Unorthodox
September 23rd, 2006, 07:49 PM
(((OCC- I am starting)))

< Cargo ship, Roman camp>

George sat patiently waiting for the return of Bystronski an Harris. He sat in his chair scanning the area and looked over to Halberet who was looking at a display with a puzzle face. " Status report Lieutenant"

Vinc turned his head slightly to George. "Well, sir, it seems that it's all...gibberish. I figure it's really a coded message of some sort, but the Cargo ship's computer system isn't really helping me here...I've translated about five symbols so far. It's like the more this thing translates, the slower it gets..." Vinc turned to his CO. "Do we have anyone who could look at the system? It's possible something's up with the ship herself. It would explain why this thing's slow. Hell, might explain why I'm not getting anything sensible out of the translation."

He turned back to the sceen, watching the flood of characters wash the screen. "There's one thing that I was able to translate, and it's the reason I think it's all in code - Dexius' name is mentioned at least twice in this note alone." Slightly nodding towards George, he added, "And I haven't got to the other one. But it's odd how he's mentioned when he's not even around?" He turned towards George now, folding his hands together.

"I'm not accussing him of anything, but Giaus' kidnapping was way too easy for the bad guys - easy enough that I feel it was an inside job. You can't just spook off a diplomats guards - they have to be caught unaware, and knocked right off their posts. Just can't do that with a regular attack, and we know that strealth attacks are "dishonorable" to both the Jaffa and Romans alike, so we rule out that." Vinc looked down at the floor. "But why would Dexius do something like that?"

Gen Blue
September 24th, 2006, 09:01 AM
"Yes, sir." Natasha simply said and then just followed Harris as he went towards Dexius, even because she wasn't paying much attention to the layout of the camp as she and Rhea hovered over it with the cargo ship earlier.

As he stayed in silence during the trip so did she. When they arrived and Liam spoke their intentions, Natasha just nodded at Dexius, showing the way to go by extending her right hand and saying "Please, Dexius." She said respectfully while looking deeply into his eyes as if looking for something.
Dexius watched from the edge of the camp, his emotions wavering between anger and fear. Anger at what had been done and fear at what might still be done.
The Tau'ri found something. Some [email protected]**ed fool kept evidence. He could only hope that, whatever it was, it didn't point to him directly.
As Harris and Natasha approached, he flickered his eyes around the landscape, checking his options. Sentries blocked the one good route into the woods. There was nothing to do but go with the Tau'ri.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 24th, 2006, 11:01 AM
<Cargo ship>

George looked over to the display to see it slowly creeep along getting slower and slower.

" It's to late to get it fixed lieutenant, Dexius is on his way as we speak. We will have to use the information we have, no matter how little it is. maybe if we are vague enough he will fill in the holes."

George then turned to face both Major Ezekiel and Lieutenant Halberet. " Stay confident men, look confident. If we want Giaus back we will have to bluff Dexius. He has to believe we know eveything"

Atlantean_Fan
September 24th, 2006, 12:11 PM
<< Walking to the cargo ship >>

After Dexius decided to go along without incidents, the three of them started walking to the location of the cargo ship. Harris was leading the way, followed by Dexius and Natasha.

'That's weird. I still can't believe he could have had anything to do with all of this... So why does he feel so....anxious? I hope I'm wrong. Anyway, I guess I'll know soon. We're getting close to the ship. It's obvious he is worried about something...' Natasha thought as they walked towards the cargo ship.

Harris was as speechless as he was in the way to the camp and that creeping sensation inside Natasha just started to get worse and worse as they walked.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 24th, 2006, 12:33 PM
<Cargo ship, before, Dexius and company get there>

George got up and walked over to the ships hatch to see capt Bysronski and harris leading Dexius. they were almost there. He then turned to his men "Okay, they are almost here. Lieutenant, turn the display screen on an angle so that dexius can see it when he enters. Highlight the parts mentioning him. That should set the tone. Then Major, when the party gets here take Bystronski and harris outside and explain what is going on. Then come back and join me in the questioning. We have only one chance at this, he is our only lead. We blow this and we may never see Giaus again"

max_omega
September 24th, 2006, 01:20 PM
<cargo ship before they arrive>

John turned and glanced over his shoulder at the screen which was still turned toward him. He stared at it for a moment hoping something would click in his own mind but nothing did.

John moved over to the door and leaned up against the wall, so he could easily lead the Captain and Lt. outside to tell them what they found out. Let the fun begin, he thought as he look out side ship as he saw the three of them getting closer to the ship.

Atlantean_Fan
September 24th, 2006, 01:41 PM
((OOC - I thought I should change my last post and make this one since I saw what you guys posted.))

<< At the cargo ship >>

A few minutes later they were at the ship's hatch. The three of them were still in silence. "We're back, sir." She said in a joyful way to distract herself from the bad feeling she had all the way here as she saw Rhea and Ezekiel at the hatch. Seeing the screen behind them wasn't helping her much tough, it was just making things worse, but a part of her expected that already.

'This will be bad, I can see it coming. Here we go...' She thought as they went inside the cargo ship.

max_omega
September 24th, 2006, 02:24 PM
<Inside Cargo ship>

John watched as they came up once they were inside the ship, John glanced over at Captain Bystronski and Lt. Harris and motioned them to follow him outside to the rear of the ship.

He walked out of the door and made his way about 20 ft from the the door of the ship so he could talk with out of ear shot of Dexius.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 24th, 2006, 02:48 PM
As The group walked into the cargo ship George sat in a chair facing them in the cargo ship intentionally smiling. he swiveled side to side in the seat with his head reasting on his hand. The room was silent, Lieutenant halberet sat looking at the display screen.major Ezekiel had taken bystronski and harris outside to inform them of the plan. In the meantime George sat there waiting, allowing the suspense to build up.

Atlantean_Fan
September 24th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Natasha and Harris followed Ezekiel outside as instructed. Once they were out she sighed and said in a sad tone of voice, looking at Ezekiel.

"So Dexius was somehow involved in all of this mess, wasn't he? I know my Goa'uld and my Latin both well enough to read through some of that screen, no problem, sir. If it was meant to set him off balance, it worked, but he'll resist if I know him well enough... which now I doubt deeply I do." She then looked at the floor in an frustrated manner. Dexius wasn't exactly her friend as Justinius was, but since they were so close even before she'd met them, she couldn't understand what would make him do something like that to him, not to mention all the slaughtered Romans in that camp.

'Sometimes I wish I could know what people have in their minds to do such horrific things to others, worse to their own people or a long time friend...Experience just tells me that most of the times they can't cope with it in the long run and brake down, that there aren't really bad people that just don't care unless they're a host to a Goa'uld. Everyone feels the weight of their actions, some just hide it better... or not.' She thought to herself still with her gaze fixed on the ground, waiting for Ezekiel's response.

((OOC - Will we continue to NPC Harris?))

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 24th, 2006, 03:38 PM
(((OCC- Just pretend he is in the background unless he posts. Use him when needed)))

max_omega
September 24th, 2006, 03:54 PM
John look at Harris than at Bystronski, "Well the letters on the screen I found in one of the tents hidden, I don't think they were meant to be kept. They mention Dexius name and are some how connected to the Gu'mare. We have been unable to translate most of it. Since ee don't have the full details of the letters, we are going to try and make it seem like we know exactly what is going on here. In order to try and get more information out of Dexius, as of right now he is are only link to the Gu'mare."

John stood in silence looking at Bystronski with her head still looking at the ground. She is really taking this mission hard, we have to find Gauis.

Atlantean_Fan
September 24th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Natasha raised her head again and looked at Ezekiel with a newfound determination and a trace of anger building up subconsciously inside her mind, putting both hands at each side of her waist.

"I see what you mean, sir. That's why he was so disturbed all the way here from the camp. He is somehow involved. I guess we should get in and put this show on the road once and for all. The faster we get the info, the faster we get to Justinius which will increase his chances of... survival." She said in a strong tone of voice, except for the little wavering at the end. "I know, sir, don't do anything stupid and blow our bluff. I can police myself well enough. If there is someone he won't get anything from, I promise you it'll be me."

She then let her hands once more loose at her sides, waiting for Ezekiel to say they should get in once more or deliver more info, tough after what he just said she doubted there was more to it.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 24th, 2006, 04:13 PM
(((OCC- i am putting off the questioning of dexius until blue replies))))

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 25th, 2006, 11:51 AM
((((OCC- Bump))))

Gen Blue
September 25th, 2006, 01:27 PM
After a quick glance at the computer screen, Dexius stared fixedly at the wall past Lt. Halberet's head. Let them make of it what they will. Micon would not have gone willingly.

((FYI - there are people missing from the camp, not dead.))

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 25th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Ah Dexius! Just the person i wanted to see! George siad standing up to adress him. He then made a casual glance over to the monitor and turned back and looke Dexius directly in the eye " I am sorry it could not have been under better circumstances though" George then saw Dexius look at the screeen " You know why we asked you here right?"

Gen Blue
September 25th, 2006, 02:43 PM
"You wish more information about the layout of the camp or the order of march?" The Roman kept his expression bland even though his stomach was twisting violently.

max_omega
September 25th, 2006, 03:30 PM
John started to walk toward the cargo door than paused to here what Major Rhea was saying. He made his way to the door but paused to wait for Bystronski and Harris, than walked in and made his way to stand opposite of where Rhea was sitting.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 25th, 2006, 04:16 PM
George chuckled and then began pacing a few feet. No, No, Thats not what i mean. I saw you look over at the display screen when you came in. Although you try and hide i can see it, you are nervous. George then walked over to the towering Romand and got within inches of his body. He looked up to him very agressively. "So why don't you cut the crap. we know you are Gu'mare"

Atlantean_Fan
September 25th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Natasha and Harris followed Ezekiel inside the cargo ship's control room where Halberet, Rhea and Dexius were.

Harris stayed right opposite to Halberet's position behind the screen close to the compartment's wall.

Natasha took position almost beside Dexius in the middle of the room, but leaning at the wall. She faced him, but didn't speak. She decided to wait to determine the way Ezekiel and Rhea intended to go on with the questioning in order to adapt her tactics to it. Though she did her best to try to help them in other, silent ways.

Colonel Sharp
September 25th, 2006, 04:29 PM
(see post in SG8 talk thread)

Gen Blue
September 26th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Dexius took a half step back and crossed his arms over his chest. "I don't know what you're talking about. I am a Roman centurion."
He shook his head, "What are these Ge'mar?"

(( I spelled it wrong on purpose. :) ))

Unorthodox
September 26th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Vinc was unsure of whether or not the plan would work. He had no doubt that Dexius was lying now - hell, he was beginning to think that the Gu'mere had replaced some base code in the Cargo ship to prevent the translation of any documents pertaining to them. At least the program has stopped slowing down, he noted with disdain. The program was running slower than older Earth computers, however, and it was annoying the crap out of him.

Nevertheless, Vinc maintained a straight face. His arms crossed, he was sitting in a comfortable, yet erect, position. He looked at Dexius with an unfeeling stare that always reminded him of what he imagined Spock would look like if he gave someone the "No s***" look. At least, that's what he imagined he looked like. His assault rifle was laying in his lap with the saftey on. He was hoping he would not have to use it.

Atlantean_Fan
September 26th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Natasha decided it was time to speak because as she suspected Dexius was playing along and resisting. She stopped leaning against the wall and gave a few steps forward towards Dexius' position. She gave a quick look towards Rhea and then Ezekiel like saying it's with me now.

"What's the point in denying the obvious, Dexius. What's done is done. We know you're involved, so why loose your time trying to convince us otherwise. It won't work. If you're honest with us now, you can still help those who were given the priviledge of staying alive after this massacre and prevent even more deaths to come out of this. I just hope Justinius, who you said when we first met was your best friend, is one of them." She said in sort of a harsh tone to get Dexius off balance, hitting him exactly over his deepest regrets.

((OOC - Yes. Natasha is being sort of evil to Dexius, playing on his guilt to get what she wants... Bad me. She is a very loyal person and right now Dexius is not well on her book. I'll post again tonight.))

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 26th, 2006, 12:45 PM
George slowly backed away from dexius when he gave the smart allic answer. He continued to look dexius in te eye. He ten saw capt. Bystronski walks over to him and in a less violent tone. Good, i think that some good cop bad cop would be a good tactic to use now.

Gen Blue
September 26th, 2006, 03:12 PM
The roman stared at Natasha for a moment. He opened his mouth to speak and took a deep breath. "I ... they," he faltered, pinching his lips shut and shaking his head. "I don't know what you want."

max_omega
September 26th, 2006, 03:31 PM
John had been trying to analysis Dexius not moving from his position he said in a firm tone, "We want to know where Gaius Justinius is being held at?"

((OOC-Will be back on later this evening)_

Atlantean_Fan
September 26th, 2006, 04:53 PM
((OOC - Max, it's actually Gaius Justinius. Roman surnames come first. I made the same mistake in my first post.))

Natasha looked over to Ezekiel and then back to Dexius. "Yes, that's exactly what we want, Dexius. The location where they took the prisoners, hopefully all of them can still be rescued." She said giving emphasis to the word all and appealing even deeper to his emotional side. "Though I'd say a contact name would be already satisfying..." She said in a smoother tone like giving him a clue. "After all, I guess I understand where you're standing now. If you give us a location or a gate address, it'll be obvious it came from you, but a name can be found in many different ways, especially by someone with the right acquaitances." She said looking Dexius in the eye.

Gen Blue
September 27th, 2006, 02:35 AM
"You don't understand." Dexius' helmet clattered to the floor as he unhooked the short, red cloak that was his badge of office and let it slide off, I'm ... proditor ... forsworn."
The man shook his head and looked down at his boots, almost whispering, "I don't care what they do to me."

Unorthodox
September 27th, 2006, 04:41 AM
"Well, Dexius, we really don't care. I mean, sure, you can resist tourture untill you die. That's understandable. But where's the honor in it? Do you really want to die honorless and alone?"

Vinc paused for a moment. "All you have to do is help us, and you may end up with some sort of honor left. At least you wont die a dishonorable stain on the Free Roman's legacy. And perhaps you can retain a rank that is mentionable...for someone who betrayed a friend, anyway." With that, Vinc leaned forward, folding his hands together. He could only hope they were breaking through the Centurion's blocks, hitting his gut with guilt so that Gaius would have a chance.

Atlantean_Fan
September 27th, 2006, 10:39 AM
((OOC - I think my post was OK, but I can edit it if you want, GB.))

Natasha gave a hard look towards Lt. Halberet, frowning her forehead in disapproaval of his wording, hopefully he'd understand that was not the way to do this, especially when she was so close from making Dexius open up to them. She moved around the room and took a position between Dexius and Halberet as if to say that from them he should not fear that kind of action and that knowing her, Dexius also knew she wouldn't allow something like that to happen.

"I'm sorry for Lt. Haberet's temper, but no one here has the intention of harming you or allow others to do it." She said in a smooth, but strong tone of voice to make sure that that kind of thing was out of question.

She sttoped to think for a moment and decided to play an even deeper emotional undertone, a more sutil one in away. "I know you feel torn into shreds, but you do care about what happens to you. You have your three girls remember?... and the new baby. Think about them." She said trying to cheer Dexius up. His sadness, pain and trace of dispear were cutting her inside like an Ashrak's knife.

"You did a huge mistake, yes, no one's going to deny this, not even you, but although much was taken, much abides. Truth be said, you'll take this regret with you for the rest of your life and hopefully, this situation tought you a lesson..." She said trying to focus and go back into questioning mode, going against the part of her nature that was telling her to stop pushing the man.

"So I guess, now it's when you have to make your choice. Where does your loyalty lie, Dexius? What's important to you? Is it to follow some sort of sick agreement you really don't feel inclined to or help save your people as you have been doing since you joined the Free Roman rebellion?" She asked waiting for Dexius' answer.

max_omega
September 27th, 2006, 02:21 PM
John look over at Major Rhea and motioned with his hands, "Do you think he is trying to stall us?"

John look at Natasha and saw that she was very presistant about her questions. She really does care about Gauis, she has a connection with these people.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 27th, 2006, 02:34 PM
geore caught major ezekiels moiton and tilted over to his earand whispered "i dont think he si trying to stall, he's afraid.He afraid of ssomething big"

Gen Blue
September 27th, 2006, 03:36 PM
((OOC - I think my post was OK, but I can edit it if you want, GB.))

Natasha gave a hard look towards Lt. Halberet, frowning her forehead in disapproaval of his wording, hopefully he'd understand that was not the way to do this, especially when she was so close from making Dexius open up to them. She moved around the room and took a position between Dexius and Halberet as if to say that from them he should not fear that kind of action and that knowing her, Dexius also knew she wouldn't allow something like that to happen.

"I'm sorry for Lt. Haberet's temper, but no one here has the intention of harming you or allow others to do it." She said in a smooth, but strong tone of voice to make sure that that kind of thing was out of question.

She stopped to think for a moment and decided to play an even deeper emotional undertone, a more sutil one in away. "I know you feel torn into shreds, but you do care about what happens to you. You have your three girls remember?... and the new baby. Think about them." She said trying to cheer Dexius up. His sadness, pain and trace of dispear were cutting her inside like an Ashrak's knife.

"You did a huge mistake, yes, no one's going to deny this, not even you, but although much was taken, much abides. Truth be said, you'll take this regret with you for the rest of your life and hopefully, this situation tought you a lesson..." She said trying to focus and go back into questioning mode, going against the part of her nature that was telling her to stop pushing the man.

"So I guess, now it's when you have to make your choice. Where does your loyalty lies, Dexius? What's important to you? Is it to follow some sort of sick agreement you really don't feel inclined to or help save your people as you have been doing since you joined the Free Roman rebellion?" She asked waiting for Dexius' answer.

Bystronki's sig (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=5202241&postcount=112)
(( Sorry about the color change. I can't read the pale blue. :o ))

Every word that Natasha spoke tore into Dexius' soul, ripping off the fragile scabs. He had to make them understand. "The girls ... the girls can take care of themselves. Their husbands' families have taken them into their hearts."
"Micon." He put his hands to his eyes. "Micon is only a boy, barely 12. He begged to be included with the other hastati on this march. Justinius took him as a messenger."
The centurion tipped his head back, "They have him."

Atlantean_Fan
September 27th, 2006, 05:06 PM
((OOC - Hope this color is better))

Natasha went toward Dexius, she was trying her best not to loose her momentum into the emotional state of the place. It was beginning to get to her.

"I know the girls can take care of themselves, don't you think I can too? Nonetheless I still miss my father as they will miss you, for sure." She said and put each one of her hands over each one of Dexius' shoulders in order to calm him, but maintaining arm's length distance.

"I'm sorry about Micon, I really am, but as we're all trying to tell you, it may not be too late to pull a rescue. We can still get him back in one piece. We can get them all back in one piece." As Natasha noted Dexius was getting his head down again, she montioned her right hand from his shoulder and lift it up again, so their eyes could meet.

"We just need a clue as to whom or where to look for, anything you might know will already be of great value to us. Most importantly it will be vital to the prisoners." She said and then let her hands loose beside her body and gave a step back, still maintaining eye contact.

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 27th, 2006, 06:47 PM
George stood up and his heart sunk with those words that dexius spoke. He had made him out to be a hardened terrorist. George then walked over to Dexius and placed his hands on his shoulder and looked him squarely in his eyes. "Help us Dexius. help us and we will do everything possible to bring him back safe and sound.

he knew it was almost excatly the same thing that captain bystronski had said but thought that coming from him, the teamleader it may carry more weight.

Unorthodox
September 27th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Good job Vinc. It's obvious that you screwed up your words when someone jumps in to cover your six. Vinc had his head bowed down, no longer wanting to be in the conversation...or the ship...or even on the same planet. He expected a nice, long, and not-so-friendly reprimand when this was all done. Obviously, this was not good.

Dexius will probably talk...no thanks to me. Cursing to himself in his own head, he continued to mentally sink deeper and deeper, focusing on nothing but the conversation, and his screwup. Knowing him, he'd beat himself up more than Capt. Bystronski could possibly do short of killing him.

(( OOC: Hey, my characters getting to be just like me: Jump in rear first, then feel like a dumb*** when I realize I'm an idiot :) ))

Gen Blue
September 28th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Dexius looked from one to another. "You're willing to try to rescue a boy you've never met? Against an enemy you've never fought?"
He started to shake his head and truely smiled for the first time in days. "The Tau'ri are as insane as Zeus said. Who am I to stand in the way of a Furia?"
The man rubbed his palms across his eyes and bowed to Major Rhea, "What little I know may be untrue. It is your's. If you let me come with you."

(( Say 'yes' and he comes along. Say 'no' and he eventually tries to run. ))
(( BTW - Furia - a berserker. A person who goes after an enemy with no thought of themselves. Not usually a compliment. It is this time. :)))

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 28th, 2006, 08:31 AM
George looked around at his team, they were his responsibility. If anything happened to them he would be accountable. George bowed his head in thoguht and then looked up to Dexius. "I am sorry Dexius but how can we trust you? So far you have done nothing but lie to us. how do i not know that this is just some elaborate rous for you to escape?"

((((OCC- this isnt an answer either way))))

Gen Blue
September 28th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Dexius held his hands out from his sides, "Where would I go? Once my crime is known, I'm fair meat for any man's sword."
Moving very slowly, he drew his weapon with two fingers and handed it, hilt first, to the Major. Glancing at Lt. Haberet, he added, "Nothing I can do will wipe the stain from my honor. I only hope that my ... stupidity ... hasn't caused even more deaths."
Turning his gaze back to Rhea, he dropped his hands to his sides, "Do what you will to me."

((Thanks George and AF ))

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 28th, 2006, 02:50 PM
George stood thier trying to keep a striaght face and not to let emotions get in the way of his decision but seeing this usually strong man, weak, torn down by his guilt struck a chord. " Okay, you may come along with us. But no weapons, I still Dont trust you. The only reason you are staying is because we stand a better chance with your intel."

Gen Blue
September 28th, 2006, 03:00 PM
The worried father felt the ice around his heart begin to thaw. "I don't blame you. I wouldn't trust me either."
He snorted at his own feeble attempt at a joke. "I don't know much and it may be untrue. What can I tell you?"

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 28th, 2006, 03:06 PM
George saw the flicker of a smile when dexius attempted to make a joke. "Well, we could use whatever you could give us. Most importantly where the hostages are being held and the armaments protecting them."

max_omega
September 28th, 2006, 03:16 PM
John stood to the back of the cargo ship close to the door. He really wasn't much good at things like this especially when he did not know the completel circumstances with the situtation. "Is there anybody else around the camp that has any idea about what really went on?"

Gen Blue
September 28th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Dexius shook his head and answered Ezekiel's question first, "No. The two trianii who are missing were the one's who knew. Cassius Longus and Vespus Domitian."
He gestured toward the computer, "May I see what you have there? I won't touch anything."

Atlantean_Fan
September 28th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Natasha stepped to the right and gave a look towards Lt. Halberet as saying let him get close, but not to touch anything.

"Sure, Dexius." She responded to the Roman, signing with her hands for him to go foward hoping he could understand the whole content of the letter Ezekiel's team found and not just the supperficial stuff it seemed to contain in her first glance over it.

((OOC - I couldn't find anything better to say, guess you can't be inspired everyday...))

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 28th, 2006, 04:34 PM
As Dexius went over to glance at thw letters george walked over to Major ezekiel. "Major, I am putting you directly incharge of Dexius. Keep an eye on him, he's your responsibility"

max_omega
September 28th, 2006, 04:42 PM
John look at George and said, "Alright, sir, I'll keep two eyes on him." He didn't completely trust Dexius anyway, so being told to keep an eye on him only made him more determined to do so.

Gen Blue
September 29th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Dexius frowned at the mangled translation on the computer screen. "If this is what you were depending upon, you would never find the Tribune. May I have the originals?"
Ezekiel reluctantly handed over the papers.
The Roman glanced at the other chair by the computer console and then sat down on the floor where he was. One by one he read the letters, piling them by his side as he finished. "Either Vespus Domitian is an absolute idiot or a spy for the Council. None of this was supposed to be written."
Dexius shuffled through the letters and held one up. "Your computer couldn't translate this because he's written it in a mixture of the 'old tongue' and modern words. I'm not an expert but, I can give you some of the meanings."

(( Dr. Who is on. TTFN ))
(( edit: I'm going to assume that someone gave him the letters just to keep things moving. ))

Atlantean_Fan
October 1st, 2006, 10:03 AM
((OOC - What do you mean by old tongue, GB? Ancient? Or an older form of Latin, but not Ancient? I guess neither Jaffa nor Romans know Ancient, but I can be wrong about that...))

Natasha looked up at Dexius with enthusiasm. 'Something seems to be getting out. Great!!' She thought as she continued to observe and pay attention to everything Dexius was doing. "Well, I certainly am not versed in the old tongue, so I'd be pleased to learn a few words. I'm sure it may be usefull in the future too." She said in a curious tone. Natasha was always willing to learn to new things. She always had this curious spirit.

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 1st, 2006, 12:56 PM
George watched from the pilots chair of the cargo ship as Dexius stood attempting to translate the text. When he heard the captain speak he decided to have a converstatin with her. George stood up very calmly and spoke in a monotone.

"Captain, i want to have a word with you outside."

George then walked over to the open hatch and exited.

Atlantean_Fan
October 1st, 2006, 01:07 PM
Natasha heard Rhea and thought that his actions were a little weird to say the least, she had never seen him act like that, but she also only knew him for a few days. She followed him out of the room.

"Is there something wrong, sir? ...Besides the obvious I mean..." She said not sure if she really wanted to know the answer.

max_omega
October 1st, 2006, 01:26 PM
John stood to the right of Dexius as he went through the letters. "Dexius, can you give me a brief over view of what the letters say?"

John looked over at Rhea when he asked to speak with the Captain, trying to guess what he wanted to talk with her about. He than turned his attention to Dexius hoping to find out more information.

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 1st, 2006, 01:46 PM
George walked outside as captain Bystronski followed. He then turned around totalk to her. "Captain, I have only known you for a couple of days now and so far you seem to be a good officer. But i am going to warn you, I see that you seem to sympathize with with Dexius. Don't cross the line. i do not trust him. we do not know anything about him, only what he decides to tell us. No matter what he is doing you must rember he is gu'mare. The only reason he is still here is we need him, and he still might be leading us into a trap. Just remember, he is just as responsible for Giauses kidnapping than the others in that organization."

(((OCC- Just trying to keep it interseting, thought i would create some drama)))

Atlantean_Fan
October 1st, 2006, 02:29 PM
((OOC - I'm all for a little bit of drama. She can understand your point of view, but will you be able to understand hers? Tan, tan, tan...Suspense.))

"Now I understand. You're concerned about me... I imagined so." Natasha said looking in Rhea's general direction. "It's true what you said... that we've known each other only for a few days and to be honest, I think you're a good person too for what I've seen so far... Thanks for the compliment by the way, my other COs usually complained about me first than anything." She said and for a moment looked at the ground before setting her gaze on the portion of the wall right at Rhea's left side, avoiding his eyes.

"I don't trust him either per se, that takes much more than what he has shown me so far, but it doesn't mean I cannot treat him like a human being, well, you know, show compassion for his pain... He did something that I hate with all I've got, but I cannot hate him. If only he felt no guilt like a Goa'uld host, it'd be easier to disconnect..." She said and started to walk from one side to the other inside the room, only giving a few small steps in each direction, clearly thinking about what to say next.

"I know what you'll say. I've been through this road before, sir. Rarely I encountered someone that understood my way of seeing things, if ever. But just as you said we only know what he's told us, you also only know what I've decided to tell you and I only know what you've decided to tell me. That's hardly basis for judging anything. We could all be hidding things from each other, important things or not, but will it make us act like paranoid people? I hope not. It'd certainly make for very bad team dinamics..." She stopped and said, facing the wall in front of her, her profile to Rhea, with a face that said that perhaps she should've stayed with her mouth shut and just said 'yes, sir' as expected in cases like this. No one was interested in her warped way of seeing things, she knew that from experience.

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 1st, 2006, 02:44 PM
"But just as you said we only know what he's told us, you also only know what I've decided to tell you and I only know what you've decided to tell me. That's hardly basis for judging anything. We could all be hidding things from each other, important things or not, but will it make us act like paranoid people?"

George listened to what she had to say and then added his two cents.
"Yes captain, that is true, but there is one difference. I havent done anything to lose your trust, Dexius has. I believed him, heck we all believed him, even General Blue Believed him. Then we found out that it was all a lie. How do you expect me to trust him now? Remember that. Remember what side you are on. That is all, you are dismissed Captain."

Atlantean_Fan
October 1st, 2006, 02:57 PM
Natasha simply saluted Rhea and said "Yes, sir." Then she went back inside without another word.

'Yes, it was just as I imagined. I'm afraid what could happen the day I decide to be honest about... everything. Will they act like this towards me? Say that I made them believe me and wasn't honest? That I lied? That I should not be trusted after all my work with the SGC? Well, they're hardly honest about everything, so it'd be a great hipocrisy on their part. Am I the only being who can distinguish trust and compassion? I mean you can show compassion for someone you don't trust, what's wrong about that? Sometimes it's hard to understand...' She thought as she walked back inside the Bridge in silence.

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 1st, 2006, 03:07 PM
George stayed outside in the chilling evening air to take a breath and collect his thoughts regarding everything that was going on. Geore began to pace recalling all that his team had gone through thus far and what a shame it would be if it was all for nothing. as soon as Dexius translated the tex Geogre would have to lead his teaminto an unknown situation. Most likely battle. he thought about losing a member of his team or even one of them getting injured. That was unacceptable. George could never live with that. He had already survived one massacre on earth and was not ready for another. After a few minutes George went back inside "Whats your status Dexius?"

Gen Blue
October 1st, 2006, 03:14 PM
(( Dexius is sitting on the floor. :) Old tongue - gods, it never struck me until you said Ancient. *slaps head* In The Fifth Race, Daniel said that the Ancients were the "builders of roads" and that they "taught the Romans to build roads." :) Ask Dex again in character. I was posting this the same time you all were.))

Dexius looked down as the Major took Natasha outside. It was almost as though the man didn't like her talking to him.
At Ezekiel's question, he started shuffling papers again. "I'm not very good at this. Can I have a stylus and pad? I'll translate what I can to our modern language. Then your computers can read it."

max_omega
October 1st, 2006, 03:17 PM
John got out some paper and a pen and handed it to Dexius. "Here this should work."

Gen Blue
October 1st, 2006, 03:42 PM
"Thank you." The Roman leaned over and began scribbling out rough translations. Some words he had to leave alone, he just didn't understand them.
Straightening up with a crack to his back, Dexius handed off the pad of paper. "See what your computers make of this. It's the best I can do."

(( Now you guys can read anything you want from the translation. ;) ))

max_omega
October 1st, 2006, 03:54 PM
John took the piece of paper and handed it to Lt. Halberet. "Let's see what we can do with this." He still kept his eyes on Dexius not wanting to lose focus on his job to watch Dexius, but still wanting to help with the translation.

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 7th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Geogre stood up and looked over at major Ezekiel" Major, for the time being I think we should get off the ground. H e then turned to everyone. Okay, Lieutenant, keep translating the text at the terminal, everyone else hold on.

George then sat in the pilots seat and activated the ship. He grabbed the interface controls and genty raised the ship off the ground. and headed up into the sky out toward space.

max_omega
October 7th, 2006, 02:55 PM
John steady himself as George lifted the cargo ship off the ground and into space. He knew he really couldn't help much with the translation, languages really wasn't his thing.

He glanced over at the Captain and tried to figure out what she was thinking. She seemed more at home here on Dakarra than at the base. Although he felt that in some ways she was to emotional attached to this mission. Seeing as she knew Gauis fairly well.

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 8th, 2006, 10:40 AM
As George pulled the ship out of the atmsophere he lookedo ver to lt. Halberet who was busy translating the the text from the letters. As the ship cimed through the atmosphere George looked striaght out as they passed through a cloud. When the finally cleared it all Geogre saw was the clearness of space "Its been a while"

Atlantean_Fan
October 15th, 2006, 11:32 AM
((OOC - Trying to ressurect the thread...))

Natasha was still looking around the bridge room and paying close attention to everyone in there with her as she was still trying to understand and in a way connect to this people, her new team and even Dexius. 'I should talk to Halberet later. He's very upset with himself, probably because I was too hard with him while trying to convince Dexius to assist us. Harris is just lost in his thoughts, he is the only one who is 'relaxed' in this room. Dexius is in shreds. I feel for the guy. Rhea is disturbed with something or about something. A memory, perhaps? Ezekiel is clearly worried about something. It's almost like he's trying to get into my head as hard as I'm trying to get into theirs.' She thought to herself as she continued to observe them.

As the ship left the surface of the planet, Natasha steadied herself leaning over the back wall of the cargo ship's bridge where she was stationed.

'Thankfully we're going to where Justinius is being held. How can we be? We don't even know where that is yet. Maybe Dexius discovered something in the text of the letters or we could be just getting a blind head start. It's time to stop holding back, Natasha. If you're going to work with this people in the long run, you know they'll notice something. So go help Halberet with the translations. Go now! If there's some hidden message there you can find it and get everyone back safely. Hope is the greatest lie there is and the best.' Natasha thought to herself.

Once the cargo ship steadied itself in orbit, she started to go in the direction of the console Halberet was working on and wavered in her resolution for a moment. 'What if they don't understand? What's gonna happen then? I go some place else. I have to help him out for Justinius.' She thought and finally reached the computer interface.

"Hey Halberet, let me give you a little help with this, if you don't mind." She said nicely, taking a seat beside his and sighing deeply.

max_omega
October 15th, 2006, 01:53 PM
John look over at George and smiled at his comment, he than turned his attention to Natasha and Halebert who were working on the translation.

John look back at George and asked, "So we going to take the Cargo ship to where ever Gaius is being held at, assuming we can find out?"

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 15th, 2006, 01:55 PM
John look over at George and smiled at his comment, he than turned his attention to Natasha and Halebert who were working on the translation.

John look back at George and asked, "So we going to take the Cargo ship to where ever Gaius is being held at, assuming we can find out?"

George looked back at the others "That's the plan"

(((OCC-sorry, not in a posting mood)))

Gen Blue
October 15th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Dexius slid across the floor until his back was against the wall. Closing his eyes, he attempted to shut out the others around him and slip into kel-no-reem.

Jynjyr
October 16th, 2006, 02:32 PM
<< somewhere with the Gu'mare >>

It took some time before Gaius realized that the rhythmic throbbing wasn't totally in his head. He peeled open an eye. The gaudy gold markings on the wall told him that he was in a ship and the noise was the engines. A small scuff and gurgle brought out a groan in spite of his best efforts.
"Sir? Tribune?"
It was a young voice and Gaius took a chance of rolling over to his back. He was pleasantly surprised to find himself unbound.
"Just lie still. This will help."
A few specks of water fell on his parched lips. The man opened his mouth to the tiny trickle. When it stopped, he croaked, "More."
"Not while you're lying down. You'll choke." An arm was slid under Gaius' shoulders and he was boosted up. "I'll hold it. You drink."
The man took a few more sips then stopped. He got both eyes focused on his benefactor. "Micon? Dexius Micon?"
"Yes, sir. They're taking us somewhere. I couldn't hear what they were saying." The boy spilled a some water on a rag and handed it over.
Gaius wiped the grit from his face and sighed. "I don't think it really matters where they take us. We're just tokens on their game board."
"What do they want?" Micon shifted around so he was sitting cross-legged next to the reclining Tribune.
"What do we all want? Freedom," he shrugged and took another sip of water, "They seem to think they can get it by killing anyone who stands in their path. Foe or friend."
"Abbas will find us," Micon said with the conviction of a loving son.
Not wishing to disallusion the boy yet, Gaius just lowered himself flat to the floor again and muttered, "Wake me if anyone comes."

Atlantean_Fan
October 16th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Natasha continued to assist Halberet in the cracking of the letter's code without much success yet. About an hour has passed now since they reached orbit, but since they were traveling with the sublight engines, they were still reasonably close to Dakara. They were now in the process of analysing the letter by parts.

'This can't be gibbirish or just irrelevant talk as it seems to be. Think, Natasha, think.' She thought to herself as she looked at the screen. Then she closed her eyes for a moment to think further and suddenly something jumped to her eye in the text as she passed through it in her mind, the code, and she says out loud so that everyone in the room can hear her. "We've been seeing this at the wrong perspective all along. How did I not see this before?"

((OOC - Do you want me to wait for Unorthodox to post or should I post the rest tomorrow?))

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 16th, 2006, 07:08 PM
(((OCC- go ahead)

George continued to pilot the ship in a standard orbit around the planet. He then heard the captain "Find anything captain?

Atlantean_Fan
October 16th, 2006, 07:33 PM
"Actually... yes, sir." Natasha said in a excited tone and then her mind entered a loop and she started to talk fast with her hands gesturing all the time. "We could not make sense of this letter because it is not written in a continuous way. It's not like your actual code since it doesn't count only the first or last or middle letters of each word... or something to that effect. It goes without actually counting anything for many words. I mean... it's actually a very intricate letter code... very intelligent code designed to be read and understood only by the one who was supposed to receive it. It's a very non-linear pattern in letter distribution puzzle. If it's not written for you, you probably wouldn't be able to read it. Probably they use something like a multiple choice answer card to highlight only the intended message... So you send a seemingly unharmful letter that won't be noticed or blocked by security forces and actually are sending very smart, undetectable plans to your field agents. No wonder why the camp's people responsible for the security let these letters in, at first look they're very unharmful as I said."

((OOC - I don't know if I sounded enough crazy or not.))

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 17th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Gerge turned back and gave the captain a puzling look "Whoa Woha Woha, your giving mw a headache...Flatout, can you deciper the code or not?"

Atlantean_Fan
October 17th, 2006, 02:56 PM
"Yes, I think I can." Natasha simply said and gave commands to the computer to show the three pages of the later on the HUD at the same time. She spent at least 10 minutes looking at the screen with fixed eyes, as if to memorize every letter in show. Then she closed her eyes and started to think about the letter puzzle, billions of combinations flashing in and out of her conscious thoughts. After 20 more minutes in this state in which she seemed serene instead of frantic, she opened her eyes again. "Definitly this says in a rough translation to English: In three days, our forces will attack the camp and capture our prizes. Be ready to clean after our work. Not all in the counsil support us. People will be sent to investigate. They can find no traces. We will keep the prizes until it is safe to transport. Stargate may be compromised in main city. Traveling by ship. Get the Tau'ri here. We will get rid of all the prizes in due time. Meet us in the place they would never look for us, six days from now." Natasha said and waited for the reactions and thoughts of the others.

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 17th, 2006, 05:43 PM
"Is that it?" George asked in a solemn tone, "because if it is is we are back to square 1" George then stood up and faced the others. "Well atleast we know that they are expecting us now we can use that to our advantage" He the paused for a moment and looked over at Dexius who was in a state of Kel-nor-reem "Dexius...Dexius, wake up. Do you have any idea as to where the place is that they are referring to in the message, some kind of safehouse or base of operations may be?"

Atlantean_Fan
October 17th, 2006, 06:27 PM
"Well, sir, I'm inclined to desagree with you. The code does say 'Meet us in the place they would never look for us, six days from now.' It means they took the prisoners where the High Counsil would never think people like them would chose to hide, perhaps the most loyal planet to the Counsil after Dakara, the home of Master Bra'tac and Teal'c and in a way the place where the first Jaffa began to dream about true freedom for their people: Chulak. It'd fit with their renegate and extremist MO. Just thinking out loud. No ideas about the actual place on the planet, but they're probably on Chulak. I could bet on it. If Dexius is in deep Kel-no-reen you won't wake him up this way. Do you want me to do it, sir?" Natasha said looking at Rhea.

((OOC - I just thought that when in deep Kel-no-reen the Jaffa get a little off, after all that's how they sleep and rest, right? so just calling Dexius wouldn't make him wake up. I can edit if this is not OK.))

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 17th, 2006, 06:31 PM
"Yes, i think we should, with something this important we cannot go on speculation alone"

Atlantean_Fan
October 17th, 2006, 06:49 PM
"Ok." Natasha said and stood up. She walked towards Dexius and placed her left hand over his left shoulder. "Hey, Flavius, we found something about where they took Micon and Justinius, but we need your help to find the exact location. Come back to us." She said in a low caring voice that seemed to resonate inside Dexius' sleepy and resting, but yet troubled mind. Soon or later he would awaken from his state of kel-no-reen, filled with a new sensation of hope that was overwhelming.

((OOC - Gen Blue, I hope you don't mind me steeling Dexius a little bit like this. If this is not OK, I can edit the post later. Let me know. I guess we should wait until Gen Blue responds so we can go on. Well and wait for max_omega and Unorthodox to have a chance to post too. See you all tomorrow night. Bed is waiting for me...))

Gen Blue
October 18th, 2006, 02:47 AM
"Ok." Natasha said and stood up. She walked towards Dexius and placed her left hand over his left shoulder. "Hey, Flavius, we found something about where they took Micon and Justinius, but we need your help to find the exact location. Come back to us." She said in a low caring voice that seemed to resonate inside Dexius' sleepy and resting, but yet troubled mind. Soon or later he would awaken from his state of kel-no-reen, filled with a new sensation of hope that was overwhelming.
<snip>
(( Use his given name, it'll work better. :) A touch of hi-jacking on my side, too. ))

The quiet words slowly drifted across the man's mind but didn't sink in.
"Flavius."
A hand shook his shoulder. The urgency came through this time and he snapped awake. Jumping to his feet, Dexius reached for the sword that wasn't there. "What is it? What's wrong?"

Atlantean_Fan
October 18th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Natasha stepped back as Dexius woke up in a jump.

"Nothing bad... yet. We broke through the code and the letter says the following: In three days, our forces will attack the camp and capture our prizes. Be ready to clean after our work. Not all in the counsil support us. People will be sent to investigate. They can find no traces. We will keep the prizes until it is safe to transport. Stargate may be compromised in main city. Traveling by ship. Get the Tau'ri here. We will get rid of all the prizes in due time. Meet us in the place they would never look for us, six days from now... Which would be about today." She said calmly, quoting herself from minutes ago.

"Time is of great importance now. We've been theorizing about where the Gu'mare probably took them, but you could know something more tangible, like a bunker or warehouse location. Any place they'd feel safe at off-world." She said with a bit more of an urgent tone.

Gen Blue
October 18th, 2006, 04:15 PM
"Meet us in the place they would never look for us?" Dexius screwed up his face, thinking of possible locations. "I would never think to look for them in the capitol city of Dakara, that's for sure."
He waved that suggestion away, "No, no, no. It would be too easy for the Council to search the whole city. It must be somewhere else."

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 18th, 2006, 05:56 PM
George was reclined in the pilots chair looking over at those two. " Well until you guys figure it out we are stuck here" George said very snobbily (Is that even a word?) obviously frustrated at the time they were wasting.

Gen Blue
October 19th, 2006, 02:38 AM
(( I don't think that 'snobbily' is a word. :D Snottily is. ))

"I'm doing the best I can," Dexius growled, "In case you haven't noticed, they didn't exactly fill me in on the details here."
After a few seconds more, the man snapped his fingers, "You've got two choices. Tiberia, our home planet, or Chulak." He made motions as though weighing the alternatives. "Since Tiberia is still partially controlled by the Goa'uld, I'd say Chulak was the place. There's an outlying temple in the Uplands that I've heard mentioned."

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 19th, 2006, 10:42 AM
"I'm doing the best I can," Dexius growled, "In case you haven't noticed, they didn't exactly fill me in on the details here."
After a few seconds more, the man snapped his fingers, "You've got two choices. Tiberia, our home planet, or Chulak." He made motions as though weighing the alternatives. "Since Tiberia is still partially controlled by the Goa'uld, I'd say Chulak was the place. There's an outlying temple in the Uplands that I've heard mentioned."

George smiled "Then Chulak it is! Setting course." He then turned to the captain. "Captain, send a subspace communication to the Alphasite aprising them of our mission so far, Its been a while since we have checked in."

max_omega
October 19th, 2006, 03:25 PM
((Sorry couldn't get on until now, wednesday I am never able to, and tuesday I was extremely busy.))

John had taken a seat in the other chiar looking out at space yet still keeping an eye on Dexius, but he did not appear to be a threat since he was in sleeping, sort of. Through the whole discussion he really did not have anything to add so he just kept his thoughts to himself.

When Natasha was able to decipher the code, he turned the chair around and smiled, "Chulack, I here it is nice this time of year."

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 19th, 2006, 03:28 PM
"Looking for a Vacation spot Major?" George siad jokingly

max_omega
October 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM
"If I was going to choose a vacation spot it would have to be Kehb, any planet feared by the system lords has to be a good place." John said, but than turned his gaze to look over where Dexius and Natasha were at.

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 19th, 2006, 03:43 PM
"My vacation would have to be one of those Virtual reality Chirs that SG-1 found on that planet a couple of years ago. I could create my own paradise"

((Referring to Gamekeeper))

Atlantean_Fan
October 19th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Natasha heard Rhea's request and left Dexius still who now was leaning again against the wall. "I agree, sir, we haven't check in since we stepped through the Gate and that was yesterday." Natasha said as she approached the comunications console.

Once there, she activated it and sent a simple message that said: "This is SG-8 member Captain Natasha Bystronski. Everything OK with all of us. In route to Chulak to finish our mission." After several minutes the response came through, she got surprised and that doesn't happen all the time. Actually there was no answer, only the subspace version of static. "This is Captain Bystronski to the AlphaSite. Do you copy?" She said in an apprehensive tone. Again no response after the due time. "Sir, I'll check the subspace comunications array, perhaps there is something wrong with it." Natasha said leaving the room.

A few minutes later she came back with a very worried look on her face and a sense of worry that she could not restrain. "The subspace array is in perfect functioning order, as far as I can tell and I've seen many of this systems before. I'm sure it's OK. Still there was no answer... Well, perhaps the gaian array got somehow damaged. We have no way to know..." She simply said and leaned against the same wall Dexius was leaning against, but at the other side of the door. She didn't want to think about what could be going on on Gaia and did her best not to get influenced by the general sense of worry that suddenly started to curse the cargo ship's bridge, which in a way, she was responsible for.

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 19th, 2006, 06:35 PM
(((OCC-A subspace transmission burst takes several minutes to reach its destination, you would not have gotten a response)))

Atlantean_Fan
October 19th, 2006, 06:40 PM
((OOC - Ok, see if it's better now or I'll change again.))

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 19th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Geogre then turned back to his station. "Coordinates set, We are slipping into hyperspace now" With that the ship rapidly accelerated into a purple funnel. They had entered Hyperspace. "We should be there in about an hour"

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 19th, 2006, 06:45 PM
(((OCC- Thats okay)))

max_omega
October 20th, 2006, 02:34 PM
"When we get there I don't think all of us should go down, and I don't think we should take Dexius down with us. It could endanger the life of both Gauis and his son." John said, in a slightly low voice so as not to reveal to much to Dexius.

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 20th, 2006, 03:16 PM
" I disagree, we can use Dexius to get ourselves in the base,Pretend we are captured or something." Geogre said quitely to ezekiel

max_omega
October 20th, 2006, 07:06 PM
John thought about it for a second and shook his head in agreement, "Your right, at least two of us should go down with him and pretend to be his prisoner, while perhaps one of us lags behind to watch there six, still leaving one in the cargo ship to come in if there is any trouble."

John leaned closer to George and said, "I could set up somewhere in a direct line of sight with my sniper rifle. Keep an eye on things and make sure nothing goes wrong, and if there something does I will already be in position."

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 20th, 2006, 07:31 PM
" Thats a good Idea, We will leave Halberet in the cargo ship and the Captain and Myself will go with Dexius, follow behind us not letting Dexius know you are trailing us. Then find a spot to set up, makesure you have a clearshot at the entrance" George said quietly so that the others would not here him.

He then looked at Dexius, "Dexius come over here, I want to discuss something with you." As soon as he said this he grabbed his pack and began ruffling through it.

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 20th, 2006, 07:32 PM
(((OCC-I figured i should change the assignments since unorthodox is MIA)))

max_omega
October 21st, 2006, 10:05 AM
John nodded in agreement to there plan and look over at his bag with his sniper rifle in it. "Sure glad I pack that thing on whatever mission I go on" he thought waiting for Dexius to come over there.

Unorthodox
October 22nd, 2006, 10:05 AM
(( OOC: I though I mentioned that my comp was gonna be getting fixed, so I didn't get to be around much? Either way, my home comp is back in business. I should let you guys know that, thanks to school + work, I won't be on as frequently as I used to. ))

Halberet nodded, trying to ignore earlier mistakes. He had been so wrapped up during the translation that he felt tired anyway. He figured, I might not get to nap, but at least I wont be in the thick of it. Reminds me of my nighttime driving experiences...

After that thought, he looked at the controls. Better start learning them real quick if I'm gonna be here for a while.

Gen Blue
October 23rd, 2006, 12:48 PM
" Thats a good idea. We will leave Halberet in the cargo ship and the Captain and myself will go with Dexius. Follow behind us not letting Dexius know you are trailing us. Then find a spot to set up, make sure you have a clear shot at the entrance" George said quietly so that the others would not hear him.

He then looked at Dexius, "Dexius come over here, I want to discuss something with you." As soon as he said this he grabbed his pack and began ruffling through it.
The Centurion tossed Rhea tired look and walked slowly over to him. "What?"

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 23rd, 2006, 12:55 PM
George then pulled a long tude out of his pack. "Lift up your shirt, this is what we call primacord. its an explosive. W are going to bring you with us when we go to extract the survivors and this is our insurance that you do not turn sides. I am going to wrap this around your stomach. if you betray us Kaboom!"

Gen Blue
October 23rd, 2006, 01:17 PM
"NO! You will not," Dexius barked. He quickly backed up against the wall and crossed his arms over his chest.
"If you think me so traitorous, bind me and leave me here," the man tilted his chin back to expose his throat, "or kill me outright. But, I will not carry one of your weapons in to harm my son."

(( C'mon, you had to know that he wouldn't go for that. :) I have to leave for a couple of hours. I'll be back for a bit later on. ))

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 23rd, 2006, 01:23 PM
(((OCC- I know, it is what i was going for ;) ))))

max_omega
October 24th, 2006, 03:50 PM
John had gotten up to get his bag and brought it back as George was rumaging through his own bag. John never would disagree with a superior officer in front of him, but he thought it was rather odd that even he would suggest such a thing. "Is he serious, I don't trust Dexius either, but I do know that I would do anything to get my son back if I was in his position. Even if it meant going agaist orders." John thought, he than shot a look over to George, saying with his expression, "Are you sure about this?"

Unorthodox
October 25th, 2006, 04:05 AM
"Dang, talk about putting a chill down someone's spine," Halberet thought. As soon as he heard "primacord," "betray us," and "boom," his eyes darted back and forth between his CO and Dexius.

Halberets eyes furrowed, as his mind zoned out. "What does he have up his sleeve..."

TheGreatLordGeorge
October 29th, 2006, 11:06 AM
"Well then, I dont know what to do. I cannot trust you, I have no way of knowing if you will double cross us when you get your boy, can you think of a way that I can trust you, because right now it is either binded in the cargo ship or with us."

George said holding the orimacord in his hand

(Sorry i was gone, went down to maryland to see the Navy, Notre Dame game)

max_omega
October 29th, 2006, 12:51 PM
John sat back in his chair trying to think of a better way to handle the situtation, but he was coming up short. "I wonder if this ship has a claok," he thought.

((Does the ship have a cloak, cuz if It does I have an idea, see my PM TGLG))

Jynjyr
October 29th, 2006, 03:46 PM
<snip> because right now it is either binded in the cargo ship or with us." <snip>
(( Past tense of bind is bound, not binded. :rolleyes:))

Gen Blue
November 1st, 2006, 02:49 AM
(( Isn't anyone else going to jump in here? ))

"I can only give you my word," Dexius said quietly, "For what little its worth."
He relaxed his stance, "You know that a frontal assault will not succeed. If this is their home base, it will be heavily defended. You need me to get you inside."

Atlantean_Fan
November 1st, 2006, 07:01 AM
Natasha was absent from the conversation for she was still thinking about the many possibilities why the Alpha Site would've lost subspace communications and trying not to think the worst, mostly.

Her ability to nevermind and disconnect from the world around her could be as great as her ability to connect to it with her mind.

When she finally achieved the conclusion that it was more productive to first resolve the task at hand, the rescue of Justinius, Micon and the other prisoners, she dropped out of her mental world to find a mess in the cargo ship bridge.

"What's going on here? Why are you discussing again? Wasn't everything settled?" She asked to the members of her team a bit disturbed by the overall feeling of the situation.

((OOC - Sorry for not posting for so long, RL issues, but I'm back now. I'll be on again tonight. See you then.))

TheGreatLordGeorge
November 1st, 2006, 09:03 AM
" We discussing a possible insurance policy dutring the mission captain" He then looked over to Dexius " But he will not comply..... Dexius you leave us with no choice, I will have to trust you but if you double cross us be warned, the only place you will be safe is the grave" Geogre then turns back to the console when he hears it beep " We are coming up on the coordinates, get ready for the operation"

Atlantean_Fan
November 1st, 2006, 04:28 PM
"Always am, sir. Especially these ones. Search and Rescue is what I'm skilled at." Natasha said in a distant voice, still not liking the tone of the situation and wishing she had paid attention when it was starting.

'Hah, I don't know what to think... Did I do well by returning to the Alpha Site at all? Am I really ready to handle this? The whole being in a team again? My conscience was my only law for a long time now...I feel I'm gonna clash a lot with these folks before things fall into place...Things don't look too bright right now...' She thought as she left the wall she was leaning into to approach the others at the front of the bridge.

TheGreatLordGeorge
November 1st, 2006, 06:09 PM
"Get ready, i am landing the craft about 2 clicks away from the base. There is a lot of trafic inthe air so we shouldnt look out of place."

George then landed the craft and shut down the dive system. "Okay, Lt. Halberet, Keep an eye on the ship be ready for emergency extraction if necessary. Captain you are with me and dexius" He then took the zat off of his thigh. "I am trusting you Dexius, dont let me down" he then. turned to major Ezekiel "Major, Stay here like we talked about" George said giving him a look so that he knew what he was referring too.

George then grabbed his gear and cocked his Gun "Captain, keep your weapons concealed until we get in....Lets go!"

max_omega
November 2nd, 2006, 04:12 PM
John nodded his head to George, "Take care sir, we will be on channel 2 if you need us."

Atlantean_Fan
November 4th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Natasha did what Rhea requested and concealed her weapons. They got nearly umperceptable for someone who didn't know what to look for. Her previous experiences with undercover assignments helped a lot to get it done right since it wasn't the first time.

"I'm good to go, sir." She said and went towards Dexius' location.

She put a hand over his shoulder and said "All is going to be OK, for some reason I believe in that and I've learned to trust my hunches. Thanks to one of them, I'm still alive." She then started to walk in the direction of the door. "Well, it's time to go do what we came here to do. Get the prisoners back! Let's go, guys!" She said with renewed determination as Chulak's sun started to heat her face as she left the ship.

((OOC - I'm assuming it's day time on Chulak, but I can edit.))

TheGreatLordGeorge
November 4th, 2006, 08:33 PM
"Slow down there captain, i give the orders" George said smiling. "We do not want to go in looking rushed now do we?"

Unorthodox
November 5th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Vinc nodded at Rhea's order, and quitely set his radio to channel two. Stepping outside for a second, his eyes began scanning the area, looking for potential spots in which an assault on the Cargo Ship (if one were to even happen) would most likely begin. With this being his first assignment on an SG since the loss of Earth, he figured he didn't need to screw up any more than what he had.

After scanning the surrounding area, he went back into the ship and began preparing the ship for the possibility of an emergency extraction.

TheGreatLordGeorge
November 5th, 2006, 10:04 AM
(((OCC- I am just asssuming the extracyion team is with me)))

George walked out of the cargo ship and down a nearby enbankment in the direction of the supposed Gu'mare base "We shoulde get there in an hour, when we get within a few hundred feet we will let you dexius pretend we are your prisoners"

max_omega
November 5th, 2006, 03:31 PM
<At ship>

John look over at the Lt. and said, "You hold down the fort." He grabbed his bag and waited by the door to make sure they were out of range so if they turned around Dexius would not seem him following them.

Before he walked away from the cargo ship he turned to the LT. and said, "I will following them just to make sure everything goes alright. If you need anything contact me."

Than John started to walk off in the direction that the extraction team was moving.

<Following extraction team>

Atlantean_Fan
November 5th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Natasha waited outside the ship until Rhea and Dexius came out and then walked side by side with them, actually between them.

After a few minutes of walk, she decided to raise a question. "I've been thinking while we walk and do you guys really believe we should pose as prisoners? I mean, we don't know how much these guys still trust Dexius and we could make our situation worse by trying to enter through the front door. How about trying a back door? We can use the prisoner plan as plan B in case we're caught. I don't know, but I have a feeling it would be better this way..." She said, waiting for Rhea's response.

TheGreatLordGeorge
November 5th, 2006, 03:56 PM
"Usually i would agree with you captian but the circumstances do not allow it. we have virtually no intel on this place, we dont even know if there is a backdoor to go through. we do not know the layout of the place, we do not know where the prisoners are being held. the best option is to act as prisoners so that we can be lead to them and then work our way out."

Gen Blue
November 5th, 2006, 04:05 PM
"Actually," Dexius spoke up for the first time, "There is a back door. It's guarded, too."

Atlantean_Fan
November 5th, 2006, 04:05 PM
<<Walkinf towards the Gu'mare base>>

"Well, if you think pretending to be prisoners is the best thing to do then I'll play along, after all, you're the boss... But perhaps we may succeed in finding the prisoners even without all the information... I'll only really know once we get a few feet from the place. We can surround it in covert and then decide what to do..." She said and then again waited for the answer.

max_omega
November 5th, 2006, 04:14 PM
(Following the team)

John stayed several hundred feet behind the team, making sure he stayed hidden from there view if they turned around. He enjoyed the solitude it gave him time to think about his life and knowing that his sister was safe back on Gaia. The only thing that troubled him was that they never recieve a response from there subspace message.

But he put those doubts of her safety out of his mind. "I am sure she is alright, she is though and smart girl."

TheGreatLordGeorge
November 5th, 2006, 04:25 PM
<a few hundred yards from the gu'mare base>

george climbed up to the edge of a cliif and saw a massive complex with death gliders flying around.

"Well they are not shy are they. the gu'mare probaly has enough pull around here that there is no reason to be covert."

He then turned to bystronski. "I agree, the size of this place is to big to go in as planned. Once we get in we will go covert."

He then looked at Dexius "Once we get in we are going to seperate rom you. Try to find a base layout and direct us from there. We will rondevous (sp) once the mission is complete. Lets go"

Geogre fixed his garb over his weapons and stood up. "take us away Centurion"

((( I just thought of this plan, It will Give Dexius a juicier storyline if he runs into some of his old commrades)))