PDA

View Full Version : S2/28 General discussion & speculation thread

Willow'sCat
December 25th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Even though I haven't seen the "Christmas Invasion" episode yet I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where people who had seen the episode could post about it and future episodes from Series 2/28 proper when they are screened without having to worry too much about spoiler tags (of course it might be nice to try and use them here anyway ;) ) so here is the Thread knock yourselves out. :D

Dallista
December 26th, 2005, 12:15 AM
The preview trailer that aired after TCI was awesome! I *loved* the line "May I introduce... Miss Sarah Jane Smith." (Line is spoken by Anthony Stewart Head!) And then the camera shows David Tennant's surprised face. Oh, so cool!!!

Not too sure about the kiss. I'm not against the Doctor kissing a companion or anything, but it didn't look "natural". The setting seemed odd. I don't think it's actually real, or that it's actually Rose. Oh well...

Metarock Sam
December 26th, 2005, 01:10 AM
As the Doctor once said 'Your wish is my command but be careful what you wish for' hear is all the season 2 and Torchwood news we know so far. This databases should be updated as soon as new news appears.
WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS you have been warned. Oh and btw the original format of this was made by my friend Punk-Dude-Danny I have borrowed and tweaked it so if you want to use this ask me or him but he is rarely on here in fact I beleive he has only ever posted one post as he spends his time on other forums.

Guest Stars:
Camille Coduri, returns as Jackie Tyler (Rose's mum).
Noel Clarke, returns as Mickey (Rose's on / off boyfriend).
Penelope Wilton, returns as Harriet Jones.
Anthony Head, (Giles in Buffy), wil appear in the new series.
Andy Garcia, of Coyote Ugly fame, will appear in the new series.
Elisabeth Sladen, will reprise her role as Sarah-Jane Smith from the classic series of Doctor Who.
Robert Lloyd-Pack will be starring as a character called John Lumic in episodes 5 and 6
Tracy Ann-Oberman will star as character Yvonne Feilding expecting to appearin episodes 12 and 13
Andrew Hayden-Smith will appear in the new series as character Jake Simmons
more news to come
CYBERMEN:
Yes, they are back! Better then ever, and the BBC have released the first shot of a Cyberman. Rock on! Check the new suit out, and prepeared to get hyped. http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/images/cyberman2006.jpg
What are Billie's Impresion of the Cybermen?
She said:
Quote:
"They are giants, absolutely terrifying (but) quite sexy actually."

The shooting for the Cybermen Episode has began. And to wetten your appatites, a teaser site has been made. Beware, It contains a few shots of the New Cybermen, so consider this a Spolier warning. + The 00ber coolness might blind you.

http://www.cybuscorporation.com/
God, I hope they havent changed the history of the Cybermen....I will upload a spolier free version of the Cybermen history soon, just need to convert it to MP3.

EPISODE GUIDE:

Episode 0: The Comic Relief Special
WRITER:
DIRECTOR:
AIR DATE: Already Aired
When the Doctor regenerates, Rose finds herself with a new man. Can she trust a trusted friend with a new face? And whats gone wrong with the Doctor's Regeneration?
FOLLOW UP TO THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

Episode 14:The Christmas Invasion
WRITER: Russel T Davis
DIRECTOR: Russel T Davis
AIR DATE: 25th December
AIR TIME: 7pm
Those that dont know what happens yet or havent seen the ep yet and by all means you should!!! So ive created a less spoilerish guide for this particular
The Tardis Crash lands on Earth on Christmas Eve the Doctor is still recoving from his regeneration and as such is suffering from post-regeneration trauma. Meanwhile Earths spaceprobe Guinevere 1 is released into space. Guinivere 1 crashes into what we think is an asteroid but is then sucked into it and we find it is a spaceship. Soon all hell brakes loose as Rose and Mickey are attacked by a group of Santas using flamethrowers and Rose,Jackie and Mickey are attacked by a Christmas Tree.
But who is controlling these objects and what do they want?

The Interactive Episode: Attack of the Graske
WRITER: Gareth Roberts
DIRECTOR:
AIR DATE: 25th December repeated on BBC 3 New Years Day
AIR TIME: After the Christmas Special
A special mini episode available to BBC digital subscribers using their 'red button' to access; the viewer is able to fly the TARDIS, 'fight the Graske on the planet Griffoth' and 'hunt the Graske in Victorian London' – the latter is ‘an authentic Dickensian Christmas scene, complete with snow'.

Episode 1: New Earth
WRITER: Russell T Davies
DIRECTOR: James Hawes
AIR DATE: TBA
AIR TIME: TBA
CONFERMED CAST:Zoe Wanamaker (Cassandra), Noel Clarke (Mickey), Michael Fitzgerald (Duke), Lucy Robinson (Clovis), Dona Croll (The Matron), Adjoa Andoh (The Sister), Anna Hope (The Novice), Sean Gallagher (Chip)

The Doctor and Rose stumble upon a "plague farm" in the far future in the guise of a nightclub run by evil cat people ... and involving their old nemesis Cassandra, who's still very much alive.

Episode 2: Tooth and Claw
DIRECTOR: Euros Lyn
CONFIRMED CAST: Pauline Collins (Queen Victoria), Ian Hanmore (Father Angelo), Michelle Duncan (Isobel), Jamie Sives (Reynolds), Ron Donachie (Steward), Tom Smith (Host), Ruth Milne (Flora), Derek Riddell (Robert).

In Balmoral castle in historic Scotland, the Doctor must protect Queen Victoria from an alien onslaught.

Episode 3: School Reunion
WRITER: Toby Whitehouse
DIRECTOR: James Hawes
CONFIRMED CAST:Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith), Anthony Stewart Head (Mr Finch), John Leeson (K9), Noel Clarke (Mickey), Eugene Washington (Mr Wagner), Caroline Berry (Unknown), Rod Arthur (Unknown), Joe Pickley (Kenny), Lucinda Dryzek (Melissa), Heather Cameron (Nina), Benjamin Smith (Luke), Clem Tibber (Milo)

The Doctor is reunited with old friends Sarah Jane Smith and K9 at a mysterious school overrun by the evil Krillitanes.

Episode 4: The Girl in the Fireplace
WRITER: Steven Moffat
DIRECTOR: Euros Lyn
CONFIRMED CAST: Sophia Myles (Madame Du Pompadour), Ben Turner (King Louis XIV), Jessica Atkins (Young Girl).

In 18th century France, the Doctor and Rose end up in the court of Louis XIV..

Episode 5: Rise of the Cybermen Episode 6: Untitled
WRITER: Tom MacRae
DIRECTOR: Graeme Harper
CONFIRMED CAST:Noel Clarke (Mickey), Camille Coduri (Jackie Tyler), Shaun Dingwall (Pete Tyler), Roger Lloyd-Pack (John Lumic), Andrew Hayden-Smith (Jake Simmonds), Colin Spaull (Mr Crane), Helen Griffin (Mrs Moore), Jules Bert (Photographer)
Two-part story

The Doctor and Rose face the terrifying Cybermen on an alternate Earth doomed to disaster!

Episode 7: The Idiot's Lantern
WRITER: Mark Gatiss.
DIRECTOR: TBA

Set in England during the 1950's with an unusual sort of alien intelligence that travels through the airwaves on television broadcasts.

Episode 8: The Satan Pit Episode 9: untitled
WRITER: Matt Jones
DIRECTOR: Grahame Harper

Two-part story
The Doctor and Rose visit a nightmarish alien world...

Episode 10: Untitled
DIRECTOR: TBA

An offbeat episode featuring the Abzorbaloff, a creature created by a Blue Peter viewer

Episode 11: Untitled
WRITER: MAtthew Graham (was Stephen Fry but his ep is so good and such a high budget it has been brought forward to season 3)
DIRECTOR:

Episode 12: Army of Ghosts Episode 13: Doomsday
WRITER: Russell T. Davies.
DIRECTOR: Grahame Harper
CONFIRMED CAST: Noel Clarke (Mickey), Camille Coduri (Jackie Tyler), Roger Lloyd-Pack (John Lumic), Tracy Ann Oberman (Yvonne Hartman), Adam Shaw (Morris), Freema Agyeman (Adeola)
Two-part story

The Cybermen have awakened in our universe, and they've allied themselves with something from the Doctor's past...

TORCHWOOD:
The new badwolf. It appears thought time and history, and the Doctor and Rose hear its calling. What is it? Who is it? Is it a warning? Is it a message?
Torchwood will debut on BBC Three late next year. Created by Russell T Davies it stars John Barrowman as Captain Jack.
"Torchwood will be a dark, clever, wild, sexy, British crime/sci-fi paranoid thriller cop show with a sense of humour - the X Files meets This Life," says Russell T Davies.
"It's a renegade bunch of investigators charged by the British government to find alien technology that has fallen to Earth," BBC Three controller Stuart Murphy told The Independent.
The show will be set in Cardiff, and will be 13 45-minute episodes, transmitting between series of Doctor Who. Confirmed writers include Sapphire and Steel creator PJ Hammond.

Episode 1: Untitled

Episode 2: Untitled

Episode 3: Untitled

Episode 4: Untitled

Episode 5: Untitled

Episode 6: Untitled

Episode 7: Untitled

Episode 8: Untitled

Episode 9: Untitled

Episode 10: Untitled

Episode 11: Untitled

Episode 12: Untitled

Episode 13: Untitled

Reefgirl
December 26th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Oooh thanks for thet Metarock Sam

Metarock Sam
December 26th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Thank you it was no problem at all.

Reefgirl
December 26th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I can't wait for the Sarah-Jane Smith episode, she was the first assistant I remember

The Signal
December 26th, 2005, 02:08 PM
You wont have long to wait! I think it starts in March so just 3 months

Willow'sCat
December 27th, 2005, 03:19 AM
You wont have long to wait! I think it starts in March so just 3 monthsSo it is March then? Still 13 episodes? ;)

Andy Garcia is going to be in it? Wow that was unexpected casting and I can't wait to see Elizabeth Sladen either I really loved Sarah Jane Smith back in the day. I can live without seeing or more to the point hearing K-9 but seems like you can't have one without the other :rolleyes: and I am so glad that Tony Head will be in that episode too and he looks like he gets to play bad which I think he does so well. ;)

Metarock Sam
December 27th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Guest Star lit updated. I forgot some info.

The Signal
January 8th, 2006, 08:59 AM
The cybermen will return for the final two eps, along with an enemy from the doctors past.

Oh and apparently a second christmas special will be released at the end of the year

Also, as an estimate, I would say the release for S2 will ether be the 18th/25th of March or the 1st of April

creed462
January 8th, 2006, 09:56 AM
I saw the preview It was cool the way he said K-9

Metarock Sam
January 8th, 2006, 11:15 AM
some episode name changes and guest star list ypdated plus a mini synopsis for most episodes. all info from Outpost Gallifrey.

creed462
January 8th, 2006, 04:31 PM
I can't wait to see K-9 again

Egeria
January 8th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I can live without K9 (never liked it). The highlight for me has got to be The Cybermen, Anthony Head and Sarah Jane. :)

Reefgirl
January 8th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Looking at the cast list, Is Mickey joining the Doctor and Rose as a companion?

The Signal
January 9th, 2006, 07:05 AM
I heard that some time, but there was no mention of him joining them in TCI, so i guessed he wouldnt be. But looking at the cast list,looks like he will be there in the Tardis after all, yay, always liked good ol Rickey :p

Metarock Sam
January 9th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Hes in about 5 episodes I dont see him as a companion but more of a potential companion or a companion that never actually travels with
the Doctor sch as SGt Benton and Mike Yates.

Reefgirl
January 9th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I see what you mean, a series regular but not a Tardis Travelling companion

The Signal
January 10th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Which are you guys looking forward too most? personally i wanna see episode 3 more than anything !!!

creed462
January 10th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Can't Wait, but must, I'm hoping that if they get the seris here they get both of them and show them as one season

Metarock Sam
January 10th, 2006, 10:14 AM
IS that series 2 and torchwood together wellll that may just work but i think they are supposed to be played one after the other.

The Signal
January 10th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Yes, Doctor Who will run from March to June, and torchwood hasnt been announced, but im guessing August - December

Metarock Sam
January 10th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Im talking about Creed Saying how Torchowood and Dr Who season 2 should be aired at the same time.

michelleb
January 11th, 2006, 12:42 PM
So..they go to Scotland and bump into someone called Jamie....wonder if he'll be any connection to the First Jamie (Scottish Companion of the 2nd Dr, taken off the Field of Culloden, was returned to his place in space and time by those interfering, humourless sobs the TimeLords).

I'm looking forward to Sarah Jane Smith coming back too..she was the first companion I remember (Invasion of the Dinosaurs) and she was always very very cool, in my top tree companions (Tegan and Ace are the others in you're interested...Although I'm very fond of Rose). But K9? I always hated K9. Annoying little tin box on wheels. Still, I'm hoping he comes back to die an heroic, and very final death saving his beloved mistress.

Egeria
January 11th, 2006, 12:53 PM
^ Thank you, I thought I was the only K9 hater around these parts. :D

michelleb
January 11th, 2006, 01:13 PM
^ Thank you, I thought I was the only K9 hater around these parts. :D

Nope, I can't stand the wind-up doggie-bot. But Russell Davies might pull off a good episode for K9. And I'll put up with almost anything to get Sarah Jane Smith back

creed462
January 11th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Im talking about Creed Saying how Torchowood and Dr Who season 2 should be aired at the same time.
No I ment season 1and 2 and maybe the christmas special, we still havn't seen season 1 in the US. I was thinking they could get both and show it like a normal season since usually our seasons run 20 to 22 eps.

Metarock Sam
January 12th, 2006, 09:52 AM
I fuess it all really depends on the DVD sales.

Qasim
January 27th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks Sam was looking for some spoilers

Metarock Sam
January 29th, 2006, 05:29 AM
^ Thats ok !

OH Newsflash . You know how the BBC promised the Doctor Would travel to different planet in season 2 ? well they have kept their promise S2 Ep8 and 9 The Satan Pit pt 1 &2 will be set on another planet.

Metarock Sam
January 30th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Newsflash . Whilst watching the Directors commetary on Rose I discoverd that Mickey will become a proper companion in season 2. Fantastic !!!

Flyboy
January 30th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Hm? Details!

(Please :))

Metarock Sam
January 30th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Well Russel T. Davis Said 'M<ckey will be coming back as a proper companion in Season 2' and then he said 'Noel's so excited !!'

creed462
February 2nd, 2006, 10:32 AM
^ Thats ok !

OH Newsflash . You know how the BBC promised the Doctor Would travel to different planet in season 2 ? well they have kept their promise S2 Ep8 and 9 The Satan Pit pt 1 &2 will be set on another planet.
Cool It about time to se the Doc go offworld again:)

Metarock Sam
February 7th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Big red hot news from Australia

ABC Confirms Series Two in Australia
TV Series NewsFebruary 7, 2006
Australia's ABC Network has confirmed in emails sent out to fans today that they at last have negotiated rights to show the series' second season and Christmas special to Australian audiences some time this year. "The ABC has secured the rights to broadcast the second series of the (new) Doctor Who and The Christmas Invasion," says the email announcement. "A broadcast date has not been set. Please check you local television guide on a regular basis for scheduling information." Previously, the network said they were looking into the rights but had not secured them; this is the first indication that they will indeed be showing the second series and special. (Thanks to Adam Kirk, Kerry Hewitt, Brad Truran

Congratulations Australia !!!!

DigiFluid
February 7th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Andy Garcia, of Coyote Ugly fame

That would be Adam Garcia, no relation to Andy Garcia, and saying "of Coyote Ugly fame" is sort of like saying "Stalin, of gulag fame." Not really something to be proud of.

Fantastic information though, thank you very much. Can't wait for the new season :D

Willow'sCat
February 8th, 2006, 04:00 AM
Big red hot news from Australia
Congratulations Australia !!!!I was still waiting for my email from them to that question. :cool: I sent it three weeks ago! :rolleyes: Thanks; at least I can get the answers I need here. :D I am thinking they will do this year what they did last year start around June. ;) That is fine with me, I liked watching it in Winter.

Willow'sCat
February 23rd, 2006, 02:35 AM
So when does it start? Is it March? :cool:

Nuallain
February 23rd, 2006, 03:29 AM
The current evidence points to the new series starting on April 15th.

>CBBC are putting on a new support show called Doctor Who Friday and the want ads for jobs on it say it will start from "mid April"
>Issue one of the new Doctor Who kid's comic Doctor Who Adventures hits stands on April 5th, with issue two out on April 19th.
>April 15th is Easter Saturday, the same day as last year's.
>Character Options are making action figures of S2 characters but have embargoed any images of them until April (a character from 2.2) and May (a character from 2.5)
>Doctor Who Magazine always contains a preview of any stories starting in the 28 days between issues. The current issue covers the period March 2nd to March 29th and doesn't contain any previews of upcoming episodes. However, the Next Issue Box says the issue covering March 30th to April 26th will contain previews of eps 2.1 and 2.2.

Oh, and the BBC have the 2006 Preview online at the official site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/doctorwho/ram/2006_preview?size=16x9&bgc=CC0000&nbram=1&bbram=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1

ETA:
As for the kiss, my guess is that Cassandra is wandering by at that moment and, while she wouldn't recognise the Doctor, Rose hides her own face with the classic "Who, us? We're just snogging over here, don't mind us" gambit.

creed462
February 23rd, 2006, 05:31 AM
So..they go to Scotland and bump into someone called Jamie....wonder if he'll be any connection to the First Jamie (Scottish Companion of the 2nd Dr, taken off the Field of Culloden, was returned to his place in space and time by those interfering, humourless sobs the TimeLords).

I'm looking forward to Sarah Jane Smith coming back too..she was the first companion I remember (Invasion of the Dinosaurs) and she was always very very cool, in my top tree companions (Tegan and Ace are the others in you're interested...Although I'm very fond of Rose). But K9? I always hated K9. Annoying little tin box on wheels. Still, I'm hoping he comes back to die an heroic, and very final death saving his beloved mistress.
No K-9 must live

Metarock Sam
February 23rd, 2006, 07:47 AM
You cant kill K-9 thats whats soi great about him. If he dies we can have K-9 mark IV and so on and so on. K-9 rules !!!

creed462
February 23rd, 2006, 02:54 PM
You cant kill K-9 thats whats soi great about him. If he dies we can have K-9 mark IV and so on and so on. K-9 rules !!!
Here Here.....good point. :indeed:

Willow'sCat
February 23rd, 2006, 03:51 PM
The current evidence points to the new series starting on April 15th.
Thank you for all that. I can wait untill April, I think. :)

creed462
February 24th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Be gald you get it in april, we'll get it who knows when

The Signal
February 24th, 2006, 07:34 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *was hoping for March release* never mind, better than never :D

Willow'sCat
February 24th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Be gald you get it in april, we'll get it who knows whenWell I have to rely on my cousins in the UK. ;) :D I think Australia will show it around June/July like they did last year.

creed462
February 24th, 2006, 09:25 AM
I am hoping that it does well on Sci fi so we continue to get it

Metarock Sam
February 24th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Well Guys thyere has bveen a major newsflash in the new section for both Series 2 and Torchwood so...

SPOILERS FOR NEW SERIES !!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!.......

Eve Myles Comes to Torchwood
Torchwood
February 23, 2006
BBC News today reports that Welsh actress Eve Myles, who appeared as Gwyneth, the waifish servant girl who saved the world in the first series' episode "The Unquiet Dead," will be joining John Barrowman to star in the forthcoming spinoff series Torchwood. The official Doctor Who website gives her the name of Gwen Cooper. "I'm thrilled to be playing the part of Gwen. To get the chance to do a 13-part series under the watchful pen of Russell is amazing," says Eve. "It's such a compliment to have been chosen for the part - I can't wait. I'm also looking forward to working with John. It'll be the perfect opportunity for the both of us to show everyone what we've got." Eve Myles guest-starred in the first series of Doctor Who and has recently finished filming Soundproof for BBC TWO. Her credits also include a highly successful run at the National Theatre when she appeared alongside Michael Gambon in Henry IV Parts I & II. Russell T Davies says: "I've admired Eve's work for years, and when she was able to guest-star in Doctor Who last year, it just confirmed to me that she was one of Wales's best-kept secrets. The part of Gwen in Torchwood was written specially for her - so it's a good thing she said yes! Eve and John Barrowman have already met up, and the combination is going to be electrifying." John Barrowman adds: "I'm really looking forward to working with Eve. We've had a good laugh on the occasions we've met and the fact that she's already been in Doctor Who means she knows what she's getting into. Head of BBC Wales Drama, Julie Gardner, says: "We are delighted to announce the casting of Eve Myles in the central role of Gwen, alongside John Barrowman's Captain Jack in Torchwood. Eve is an intelligent and versatile actress, who has done exceptional work in a number of BBC dramas, including our local series Belonging." The 13-part drama series starts filming in the Summer and will transmit on BBC Three and BBC One.

Also noted in the article is that the series is written by Russell T Davies and Chris Chibnall, with contributing writers including P J Hammond and, in a new announcement, series two writer Toby Whithouse. Additionally, Richard Stokes is noted to be the series' producer.
Will Thorp in Series Two
TV Series News
February 23, 2006
According to the official site, Will Thorp, "best known for his role as heroic paramedic Woody in Casualty, will play Toby in two-parter The Satan Pit. Explaining why Will was chosen for the part, Russell T Davies said, 'This two-parter is just about as tense and scary as Doctor Who can get, so we needed a stellar cast to grip the audience. Will's proved his popularity with audiences in his long-running role as Woody in Casualty - but if he thought Holby General was dangerous, then we can guarantee that we're about to throw him into some truly terrifying situations.' Will's also recently appeared in serious drama Friends and Crocodiles, and strutted his stuff on Strictly Come Dancing. Paired with Latin American dancer Hanna Haarala, he made it through to the sixth round of the competition."
Series Two Update
TV Series News
February 23, 2006
Issue 367 of Doctor Who Magazine has started to reach subscribers - ten days early - and has more news of Series Two, as well as some extra content for mobile users:

According to DWM, mobile phone users will be able to download exclusive additional content before each episode of Series Two airs on BBC One. With scripts by Gareth Roberts, the thirteen instalments of 'Vortext' (the working title) will contain "exclusive footage, state-of-the-art special effects and new material directly linked to the following episode". Russell T Davies reveals that "new material is being shot alongside the regular crew" for each episode, while Gareth Roberts says, "These are proper, full-on productions", which are being made by the team responsible for 'Attack of the Graske' at Christmas.

The new issue suggests that April is the most likely start date for Series 2 and, although the magazine has no news yet of a more definite date, its next issue (368) will carry previews of the first two episodes and is published on 30 March. DWM also reports that Ron Cook (as Mr Magpie), Debra Gillett (Rita), Rory Jennings (Tommy), Marie Lewis (Mrs Gallagher), Sam Cox (Bishop), Jean Challis (Betty) and Jamie Foreman (Eddie) will all be guest starring in 'The Idiot's Lantern'. The guest cast for Episode 11 will include Erica Eirian (as Neighbour), Tim Faraday (Dad), Stephen Marzella (Policeman) and Richard Nichols (Driver).

The director for Episode 10 has also been announced: Dan Zeff, who has previously worked on Linda Green with Phil Collinson.

The title of Episode 6 is confirmed as The Age of Steel.

This month's 'Production Notes' column in DWM is by James Goss, who is in charge of the BBC's official Doctor Who site. He reveals that there will be "dozens" of fictional tie-in sites this year, "not an enormous in-joke for fans - it's a game. Each week you've got a mission. Perhaps it's Mickey needing help after he's accidentally switched off the Earth's satellite defence system..." Goss also states that there will be more content available for video, mobiles and iPod, as well as more commentary tracks (as for 'The Christmas Invasion'); there will also be more video diaries, this time provided by the Doctor Who Confidential team.

Enjoy.

creed462
February 24th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks man

Willow'sCat
February 24th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Well Guys thyere has bveen a major newsflash in the new section for both Series 2 and Torchwood so...

SPOILERS FOR NEW SERIES !!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!!.......

Is anyone else worried Russell might be stretching himself a bit thin...that would make 26 episodes of TV he will have some kind of hand in making. :cool:

Good news on casting...I liked her. ;)

Thanks MS.:)

creed462
February 24th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Why would 26 ep be too much the stargate team does 40

Flyboy
February 25th, 2006, 02:47 AM
You need to understand the difference between Britain and America.

Some british tv shows (Red Dwarf cuerrently standing at 8 series) have had only 6 eps per series.

The BBC makes its own shows. Pretty much most of them. We don't have big film companies who go out and make a TV series, for example MGM and Stargate. Our TV shows (the ones that aren't imported from the US) are made by the television channel themselves. The BBC is responsible for about 8 different channels, of which, with the exception of films, and the occasional American show, they make most of the content themselves.

creed462
February 25th, 2006, 07:38 AM
thats why use get so few eps ouch

Metarock Sam
February 25th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Some british tv shows (Red Dwarf cuerrently standing at 8 series) have had only 6 eps per series.

Well your slightly wrong there both Red Dwarf Series 7 and 8 had 8 episodes per series. OH and btw Red Dwarf 8 comes out on dvd in 14 days !!!!
IM so excited :D :D :D

Flyboy
February 25th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Well your slightly wrong there both Red Dwarf Series 7 and 8 had 8 episodes per series. OH and btw Red Dwarf 8 comes out on dvd in 14 days !!!!
IM so excited :D :D :D
I stand corrected.

Metarock Sam
February 25th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Well we all make mistakes. Don't worry about it.

creed462
February 25th, 2006, 05:28 PM
It seem they could do things a little better than that

Flyboy
February 26th, 2006, 01:59 AM
It's all about budget mate.

creed462
February 26th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Smaller population.

Metarock Sam
February 26th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Smaller Population has nothing to do with it. It all bowls down to the budget of the show.

creed462
February 26th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Why if it is so hot, do they not give it a better budget

Flyboy
February 26th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Because the BBC is government funded. It's not a case of "giving something a bigger budget" the BBC have got an overall budget that they have to use to fund all eight channels and all the programs on those channels, which includes making programs and buying them from the US. Doctor Who has one of the larger budgets of most TV series.

creed462
February 26th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Why don't they privitise the system like it is here

Flyboy
February 26th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Why don't they privitise the system like it is here
Imagine a channel of wonderful information, original programs, great quality, with NO ADVERTS.

Then you have BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, BBCNews, CBBC, Cbeebies, BBCi. Arguably the television network that is the best in the United Kingdom, and even though they're funded by the government, they have no issues with saying things about the government that the government get unhappy with. The BBC rules.

There are other channels, ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, Channel 4, Channel 5, UKTVGold and so on, those are all private. But they have adverts, and the quality of TV is generally lower, mostly talk shows and rubbish. With lots of american imports.

Why don't the BBC go private? Because it's fantastic the way it is. I'd rather have 13 eps of kickass Doctor Who, than 40 poorly written eps.

Willow'sCat
February 26th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Imagine a channel of wonderful information, original programs, great quality, with NO ADVERTS.

Then you have BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, BBCNews, CBBC, Cbeebies, BBCi. Arguably the television network that is the best in the United Kingdom, and even though they're funded by the government, they have no issues with saying things about the government that the government get unhappy with. The BBC rules.

Why don't the BBC go private? Because it's fantastic the way it is. I'd rather have 13 eps of kickass Doctor Who, than 40 poorly written eps.OMG! NO! The BBC is one of the last (better) government owned/taxpayer sponsored TV/Radio Corporations around. It also has a charter that basically means they have to included programming that the other commercial channels wouldn't touch. No Rupert Murdoch might own most of everything else in the UK but The BBC needs to stay as is. Besides why would anyone think privatisation would garner better programmes? :S In Australia we have The ABC (pretty much the same with even less money) we don't have licence fees but taxes do fund it. Oh and they both provide educational programmes as well, I guess that is also part of the charter?

I agree it is better to have 13 great episodes then 24/6 mediocre ones...or 10 great and 14/16 rubbish ones. I love that some of my fave shows only have half a dozen episodes, because in the main they are all quality, no filler...filler makes up 60% of US TV IMO. :cool:

It is also true to say a lot of people in the industry just wouldn't get a start without The BBC, a lot of people got their breaks with The BBC because they would take a risk where the commercial stations wouldn't, it is sadly changing but it is still important to have that proving ground for new talent if you ask me.

creed462
February 27th, 2006, 09:11 AM
I like no comercial, but I don't like goverment control

Flyboy
February 27th, 2006, 09:18 AM
I thought I explained that it's NOT government controlled, merely government funded. Frankly the BBC beats the hell out of all other British TV networks and a fair few US ones I bet. The BBC boasts quality programming and the best news coverage in the UK, they really don't bend to the governments wishes.

creed462
February 27th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Ok. Better stated I don't like Gov funding

Flyboy
February 27th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Why? It means that they HAVE to give us good quality programming. Why dislike it if it's one of the best channels around. When I was in the US, most of the channels struck me as being shopping channels with the occasional bit of a tv program in between.... There are few US tv channels (and UK ones) that could hold anything on the BBC. (With the exception of movie channels and the sci fi channel)

creed462
February 27th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Gov funding mean they can take over..................................
I not saying they will It just a possibility, but we are getting into politics... Let talk Doctor.

I wonder how the Cybermen are going to be used.

Egeria
February 27th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Ok. Better stated I don't like Gov funding

It's not just Gov funded, we the public pay out licensing fees as well. The upshot is that the Beeb have a responsibilty to make varied, decent, quality programming...not the crap that you get on alot of commercial channels. I love the BBC, love 'em to bits for bringing back DW. If this had been left to a commercial channel I very much doubt we'd have seen it again as it probably would've been viewed as 'outdated' and not worth it.

Flyboy
February 27th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Gov funding mean they can take over..................................
I not saying they will It just a possibility, but we are getting into politics... Let talk Doctor.

I wonder how the Cybermen are going to be used.
No, they CAN'T take over. This isn't the US. It's the UK. The BBC frequently is critical of the governement and acts in ways that don't please the government.

Egeria
February 27th, 2006, 01:53 PM
No, they CAN'T take over. This isn't the US. It's the UK. The BBC frequently is critical of the governement and acts in ways that don't please the government.

Yep, my fave BBC programme is Question Time. The Politicians get a great grilling.

Gov funding does NOT = Gov control.

creed462
February 27th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I guess I spoke in ignorance

Egeria
February 27th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Nah, it is a bizarre set up. Thing is that it's a bit like a national institution, and some of us get a bit 'protective' of it. It's not without it's faults, but without the Beeb I honestly think we'd miss out on so much. :D

Nuallain
March 1st, 2006, 01:58 AM
Quick things about the BBC:

The BBC is funded exclusively by a licence fee paid for the ownership of television sets (about $150 once a year per household). These payments are structured in such a way so that they never pass through the government's pockets at all. Thus, the BBC is publicly funded but not subject to pressure or control from the government.

The BBC do, however, have a Royal Charter that sets out the terms and conditions of their 'contract' with the British public. This is renegotiated every couple of decades or so with the public's representatives (the government) and this is the only time the govt get a chance to still their oar in and screw things up. Mainly, however, the Charter merely compels the BBC to a certain level of quality, to be free of commercial interference (ads and product placement are strictly banned by the charter) to be representative of the british public (so if the were as curiously white and straight as the WB they'd get into trouble) and to provide quality programming that serves all walks of life.

Basically, since everybody pays for it, the BBC have an obligation to make sure nobody can credibly say "I never watch it because there's never anything on it for me." So while many independent networks may identify a demographic that will yield the greatest profit and chase it, the BBC are obliged to appeal to all demographics equally during the week. This often throws up such curiosities as a sketch show specifically aimed at the British-Asian sense of humour; hours and hours of shows about antiques; religious programming that includes both priests and rabbis and mullahs at different points. And they have daily programming with sign language for the deaf, and Audio Description for the blind.

As for the length of seasons in the UK. Well, it's not a budget issue at all (after all, 6 weeks of one show and 6 weeks of another will actually be slightly more expensive than 12 weeks of just one). Traditionally, BBC shows are the brainchild of a single writer who then writes all the episodes. Large writing teams like on American networks are practically unheard of. Six to eight episodes is just about the limit that one writer can turn out on one subject in one year and still maintain the quality so that's how long a series usually is. The BBC is also unlike US networks in that 'hiatus' often means exactly that -- it's not a euphamism for cancelled. Some BBC shows can go for several years without a new episode being made until the writer involved had an idea for one he wants to do.

In the case of Doctor Who, RTD originally expected a run of six to eight episodes to be commissioned and was going to write them all himself. When the BBC asked for thirteen, though, he asked other writers to join him. It's probably not practical to try and increase the number of episodes any further since a lot of care and attention is paid to each one and it takes 8 months a year to make 14! Any more and the cast and crew would never get a break! Plus, of course, the BBC don't give much of a damn about syndication rights so aren't obsessed with getting up to the magic 100 episode limit as quickly as they can.

creed462
March 1st, 2006, 06:19 AM
If the 1st season does well on sci-fi and the ask for more eps and will pay for them will there be more?

Metarock Sam
March 1st, 2006, 07:01 AM
More episodes per season ?
I dont knwo I highly doubt it since the Doctor Who Team does make 27/28 Episodes a year (13 Torchwood episodes 13 Doctor Who Episodes. And Christmas/Comic Relief Specials.) But you never know. A little more funding could go a long way...

creed462
March 1st, 2006, 07:14 AM
Yes it would, but we have to wait and see

Metarock Sam
March 1st, 2006, 07:26 AM
Oh the titles are now in for episodes 8 and 11 they are
Episode 8: "Planet 14" and Episode 11: "The Eyes that saw Forever Episode 8 is part 2 of the Satan Pit story and Episode 11 is an offbeat story featuring the Abzorbaloff a creature selected from a number of creations sent in to Blue Peter.

iLemon
March 1st, 2006, 08:13 AM
When does the new series start in the UK? Is there a date yet?

Metarock Sam
March 1st, 2006, 09:19 AM
Series 2 is set for release around the 15th April.

iLemon
March 1st, 2006, 11:28 AM
April?!! :eek: I cant wait that long!!! I need a Dr Who now!! *hyperventilates*

Metarock Sam
March 1st, 2006, 11:43 AM
Well you could watch it on UK Gold since they have recently started the Third Doctor saga of course its on at 7am in the weekend but still its a great watch. Expecially this weekend since their showing Inferno on saturday and Terror of the Autons on suinday two of the Third Doctors best stories.

creed462
March 1st, 2006, 12:33 PM
That's why DVDs are so nice

Nuallain
March 2nd, 2006, 01:03 AM
The latest clues for the S2 premiere date, BTW, are that the release date for the first wave of Tenth Doctor novels has been moved to April 14th and UKGold's repeat run of the entire first series across one weekend has been moved to April 8th-9th.

creed462
March 2nd, 2006, 05:10 AM
WHy haven't they anounced the date yet

Metarock Sam
March 2nd, 2006, 11:53 AM
Perhaps its set for Easter Saturday like it was last year.

creed462
March 2nd, 2006, 12:04 PM
Thats neat

Metarock Sam
March 2nd, 2006, 02:25 PM
Lets hope the ep unike last year deonst get out before it airs. That as the slight problem last year.

Egeria
March 2nd, 2006, 02:44 PM
Lets hope the ep unike last year deonst get out before it airs. That as the slight problem last year.

I totally forgot about that happening, I'm ashamed to admit that I did 'aquire' a copy of the leaked ep. :o

creed462
March 2nd, 2006, 03:24 PM
Yes that was sad

Nuallain
March 3rd, 2006, 03:40 AM
WHy haven't they anounced the date yet

The BBC only locks its schedules three weeks in advance. Up until that point they might have a tentative schedule but not one they can publish with 100% certainty. The fact that we still don't know means it will be sometime after March 24th, but that's all that tells us.

April 15th is still looking very likely, though.

Metarock Sam
March 3rd, 2006, 08:45 AM
I totally forgot about that happening, I'm ashamed to admit that I did 'aquire' a copy of the leaked ep. :o
Then again the elaked episode was an unfinshed version of the episode and the person who filmed it gotreally badly done in anyway.

creed462
March 3rd, 2006, 09:31 AM
After how badly stargate was spoiled this year, I'm started to dislike them, a little can be good, but to much can lessen the enjoyment of the show

Metarock Sam
March 12th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Here is the episode titles for season 2

Episode Titles

Episode 1: "New Earth" - written by Russell T. Davies - directed by James Hawes.

Episode 2: "Tooth and Claw" - written by Russell T. Davies - directed by Euros Lyn.

Episode 3: "School Reunion" - written by Toby Whithouse - directed by James Hawes.

Episode 4: "The Girl in the Fireplace" - written by Steven Moffat - directed by Euros Lyn.

Episode 5: "Rise of the Cybermen" - written by Tom MacRae - directed by Graeme Harper.

Episode 6: "The Age of Steel" * - written by Tom MacRae - directed by Graeme Harper.

Episode 7: "The Idiot's Lantern" - written by Mark Gatiss - directed by Euros Lyn.

Episode 8: "Planet 14" *- written by Matt Jones - directed by T.B.A.

Episode 9: "The Satan Pit" - written by Matt Jones - directed by T.B.A.

Episode 10: "Love and Monsters" * - written by Russell T. Davies - directed by Dan Zeff.

Episode 11: "The Eyes that saw Forever" * - written by Matthew Graham - directed by Euros Lyn.

Episode 12: "Army of Ghosts" - written by Russell T. Davies - directed by T.B.A.

Episode 13: "Doomsday" - written by Russell T. Davies - directed by T.B.A

Flibble
March 12th, 2006, 08:33 AM
I've been hoping for a March start date for the new season, but I'll be patient enough to wait for April! :)

Metarock Sam
March 12th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Its only 1 month and 3 days to go !!!!

creed462
March 12th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I know it will be a while before I see season two, but its still hard for me to wait

Metarock Sam
March 13th, 2006, 11:13 AM
News on Trailers !!!

DWO have been informed by our contact at the BBC that some trailers are due to air this weekend on BBC ONE, to start the promotion for Series Two of Doctor Who. We are not saying that they will, but we are saying that they are due to air.
Our contact added that they will be short teaser trailers, and that a longer 30-second trailer is due within the next couple of weeks, just like last year.
[Source: DWO]

creed462
March 13th, 2006, 11:18 AM
I can't wait to see an off world ep

Metarock Sam
March 13th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Neither can I plus its a two parter. Making it extra Special !!!!

creed462
March 13th, 2006, 11:48 AM
that is so exciting

Egeria
March 13th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Stop guys! :D I'm finding it hard enough not to obsess too much about S2, but you two are making it sooooo difficult. :D

Metarock Sam
March 13th, 2006, 12:46 PM
I think it isa very hard since Stargate Sg-1 and SGA has practically finished weve got hardly anything else to think and talk about.

Egeria
March 13th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Too true. It's just the whole Cybermen coming back thing...makes me all tingly...is it April yet??? :)

creed462
March 13th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Be Thankful, there is no telling when I'll see season 2

But I get to see season 1 Friday YES

Egeria
March 13th, 2006, 01:01 PM
^ I'm excited for you....I was bouncing off walls the week S1 was premiering. :D

creed462
March 13th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks, I hope it does well so we get season 2

I know I'm gonna have a friend over

Metarock Sam
March 14th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Well its only 1 month and 26 1/4 hours to go !!!

creed462
March 14th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Three Days Left
I saw cat creatures in the picture does that mean they are bringing back the people from survival?

Metarock Sam
March 14th, 2006, 07:56 AM
They are bringing back Cat People but they are unreleated to the cheetah people from 'Survival'.

creed462
March 14th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Ok, what are they bringing the Cat people back from?

Metarock Sam
March 14th, 2006, 01:48 PM
soory i typod they arent bringin the Cat people back their bringing them in.

creed462
March 14th, 2006, 02:54 PM
So they are completely new

Willow'sCat
March 14th, 2006, 08:32 PM
They are bringing back Cat People but they are unreleated to the cheetah people from 'Survival'.Glad they are not related, I found that whole episode odd and a little silly, although the Master did look a little spooky. :o

How long before it airs in the UK? I month hey. :S That is nearly on David Tennant's birthday, well the ratings would be in by the 18th anyway.

creed462
March 15th, 2006, 06:58 AM
The master was probly the best part of that ep.

It would be cool to see the cybermen again, do you think that this set will be allergic to gold, It was sad when they took away that weekness.

Metarock Sam
March 15th, 2006, 07:30 AM
They should be allergic to Gold but if not the Doctor will think of someting else.

creed462
March 15th, 2006, 07:57 AM
That gave them alittle realism.

Metarock Sam
March 15th, 2006, 01:35 PM
I wonder if this generation of cybermen will carry guns or will they use heir head mounted lasers ??

creed462
March 15th, 2006, 01:47 PM
It will be fun to find out

Metarock Sam
March 28th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Newsflash !!
This year we are visiting not one but two alien Planets.
According to an interview with Phil Colinsion (the new series producer) in this weeks radio times he has revelead that the first of the new season is set on a earth colony on another planet.
Looks exciting !!!

Info from DWO.

creed462
March 28th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Cool :)

Metarock Sam
March 28th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Its so exciting. Althogh for S3 im hoping for like 10 eps in space.

Nuallain
March 29th, 2006, 01:22 AM
We also know now the complete list of episode titles for S2:

2801 - New Earth
2802 - Tooth and Claw
2803 - School Reunion
2804 - The Girl in the Fireplace
2805 - Rise of the Cybermen (1)
2806 - The Age of Steel (2)
2807 - The Idiot's Lantern
2808 - The Impossible Planet (1)
2809 - The Satan Pit (2)
2810 - Love & Monsters
2811 - Fear Her
2812 - Army of Ghosts (1)
2813 - Doomsday (2)

And if you go to the BBC's official site, now, you'll see an image previewing the new series' first alien world!

creed462
March 29th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Thanks, but School Reuion is the one I think I'm looking most forward to

Egeria
April 26th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Ok, I thought I'd start this thread as a safe haven for conversation about S2/28 and everything that has gone before and speculation for what's yet to come. By safe haven I mean somewhere we can chat without the need for spoiler tags and whatnot. This isn't a dig at the ongoing spoiler issues just an attempt at lessening the frustration that those of us lucky enough to be up-to-date with the show to have somewhere to post freely.

Egeria
April 26th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Ok I'll get the ball rolling. After watching T&C a couple of things bugged me. Rose just seemed to childish and immature, far from the person who we'd seen develope in maturity and understanding through S1/27. Also there was the Bad Wolf reference when she was taking to the wolf. I really do have this feeling that whilst we're all aware that Torchwood is a running theme of this series that it's just a tad too obvious. There has to be something else, and I get a feeling that we're not done with Bad Wolf. Rose certainly does seem different. I can't put this down to bad acting on BP's part (she went from strength to strength in that last series and in NE she excelled) and I can't put it down to bad writing on RTD's part. I just have a gut feeling that Bad Wolf, and the events surrounding it aren't over and done with... :D

Reefgirl
April 26th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Thank God we've got rid of that little whiner (You know who I mean Egeria ;)) I thought that Bad Wolf was going to follow Rose through time so now it's over it's still going to crop up from time to time maybe Torchwood is going 'This Years Bad Wolf' Bad Wolf has now been mentioned Twice in 2 episodes, maybe we should keep our eyes open for more subtle BW references

Metarock Sam
April 27th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Hey didnt we laready have a massive thread for this ???

Reefgirl
April 27th, 2006, 08:03 AM
I have no idea but a squinnying little whatsit has been throwing toys out of his pram about unmarked spoiler threads so as this is clearly marked it's hoped that a little peace may come back to this forum.

(I know, I know, I didn't exactly help matters but the little whinger got on my t!ts, and I've got a lot of room)

Metarock Sam
April 27th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Ah ok
*sigh* I put a lot of work into that thread.... :mckay:

Egeria
April 27th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Hey didnt we laready have a massive thread for this ???

I'm not sure Sam. I looked but the only thread I found is Dr Who's Rose's, I wasnt sure whether to start this thread because of that one. I decided to just to make the distinction that this one contains speculations on what's to come. A trip to OG can be extremely enlightening as to the rumours and I just wanted this thread to be somewhere where we can discuss these and anything else without spoiling anything for anyone who's either seeing S1/27 for the first time or doesn't want to be spoiled for S2/28. If that thread can be used in this way then I'm happy for this one to be closed. :D

Reefgirl
April 27th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Where is the otherone anyway

Egeria
April 27th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Where is the otherone anyway

Page 4 I think, do us a favour have a look and see if it fits the bill. If it does I'll ask a mod to delete this one. :)

Willow'sCat
April 27th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Page 4 I think, do us a favour have a look and see if it fits the bill. If it does I'll ask a mod to delete this one. :)I made the other one. :D

It's here!!!! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21644

Maybe since mine doesn't contain Series 27 you could just ask them to merge the threads and keep your title... I'm not fussed.

EDIT: I asked the Mods to either rename mine or to merge these two with a new title... wait and see what happens.

Egeria
April 27th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I made the other one. :D

It's here!!!! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21644

Maybe since mine doesn't contain Series 27 you could just ask them to merge the threads and keep your title... I'm not fussed.

Cool ....we'll go with that then, thx. :D

Willow'sCat
April 27th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Did you read my edit? I asked for a merge or renaming. ;)

Egeria
April 27th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Did you read my edit? I asked for a merge or renaming. ;)

Yeah, we'll wait and see.

Willow'sCat
April 28th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Yeah, we'll wait and see.Well we waited; and see what happened! :D

Does anyone know if the flying monster things in the next eppy are the same from "Father's Day"? :S

Reefgirl
April 29th, 2006, 12:40 AM
I wondered that and from the trailer I saw last night I'm beginning to think that Anthony Stewart Head's character may be the Master, he said to the Doctor "A new face"

Stricken
April 29th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Does anyone know if the flying monster things in the next eppy are the same from "Father's Day"?

Just remember this...anything is possible ;)

Metarock Sam
April 29th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Um the Reapers are creatures from the time vortex and only are around to fix the timeliines. The Krillatanes are a warrior race who only have wings since they conquerd a species which had wings. Hope that cleas thins up !!! :D

Reefgirl
April 29th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I wondered that and from the trailer I saw last night I'm beginning to think that Anthony Stewart Head's character may be the Master, he said to the Doctor "A new face"
Ok I was WAY off the mark with that one

Metarock Sam
April 29th, 2006, 12:46 PM
yep waaay off XD

Reefgirl
April 29th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Well it IS a speculation thread :D my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;)

Metarock Sam
April 29th, 2006, 01:04 PM
hey no probs I was only k joking ya konw !!!!
the Girl in the Fireplace looks intruiging........

Reefgirl
April 29th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I know you were, that's why my reply was tongue in cheek, I don't know what to make of it yet

Hulabaloo
April 29th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Yes. It does. Sticking to the topic in hand.

Reefgirl
April 29th, 2006, 01:58 PM
well one thing we do know is

Capt Jack WON'T be on the ship, but maybe his Time Agency bosses will

Metarock Sam
May 12th, 2006, 07:46 AM
pisode Seven: "The Idiot's Lantern" - Synopsis

News dated: 12/5/2006

Episode Seven: "The Idiot's Lantern"

It's 1953, the Coronation year of HM Queen Elizabeth II, and the people of Great Britain huddle round their television sets to witness the great event. But behind the celebrations there are rumours of monsters on the streets, and the tormented Mr Magpie is hiding a strange and alien secret, in Doctor Who - The Idiot's Lantern.

This episode is also looked at in greater detail, in the BBC Press Office highlights for week 22.

Yes !!!!! 2000th Post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can use my own Custom Avatar yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Egeria
May 12th, 2006, 07:59 AM
^ So that's why I've seen your name pop up on so many new posts today....congrats hun! :D

Back on topic, what do folks think about the 'special guest' at the BAFTA awards?

It's so beautiful. :)

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/7309/blackdalek6nz.jpg

Metarock Sam
May 12th, 2006, 08:04 AM
So cool A Black Dalek aka a Dalek Supreme. Thats very interesting !!

Egeria
May 12th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Very interesting indeed, the black ones were always my favourite. Does make you wonder about series finales and Christmas specials.

Metarock Sam
May 12th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Its rumoured that they may bring the ICe Warriors back soon 1!!! hopefully for the Christmas Speciall !!!

Reefgirl
May 12th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Congrats Sam!!

Roger Lloyd-Pack is tomorrows guest star anyone wanna bet there's a reference to Trigger or Dave in tomorrows ep

Metarock Sam
May 12th, 2006, 12:52 PM
That would be great. Perhaps a reference to sheep aswell !!!

Reefgirl
May 12th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Hee hee, I still reckon that there'll be a Only Fools reference in tomorrows ep I can't see RTD or DT letting an opportunity like that slip away. Maybe a Reliant Robin

Egeria
May 12th, 2006, 01:51 PM
^ Aww, that'd be too cool! :D I do agree that there probably will be a reference to OFaH.

Willow'sCat
May 12th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Hee hee, I still reckon that there'll be a Only Fools reference in tomorrows ep I can't see RTD or DT letting an opportunity like that slip away. Maybe a Reliant RobinRight just to annoy those of us who don't know the show. No I have watched Only Fools and Horses, many years ago, I kind of like David Jason :o but I would say most in Australia and Canada and definitely the US would never have seen it, but then I had to look up what Chav meant so... :S You guys are weird. :p

Metarock Sam
May 12th, 2006, 02:08 PM
no no we're the sayne ones it is everone else that is wrong !!!;)

Reefgirl
May 13th, 2006, 02:10 AM
^ Absolutly, WE'LL know what it means

Reefgirl
May 13th, 2006, 10:04 AM
*&%@ing footie :mad: Dr Who is starting late

Egeria
May 13th, 2006, 10:07 AM
^ LOL....as a Liverpool fan I get the best of both worlds! Today just get's better and better. Not long now. :)

The Signal
May 13th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Well that was absolutely pathetic, has anyone sent Darren a PM to get the new thread up?

Flyboy
May 13th, 2006, 11:20 AM
*Sigh* I must admit... not fond of the episode. I had a bad feeling when Davros... whoops, I mean... Lumuc started talking in that awful voice. It lacked flare and character. Not a good standalone episode at all, however I hope it makes for a better two parter.

Egeria
May 13th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Mmmm...I loved it. OK RLP's performance was a bit OTT but to me this felt more old school than previous episodes. Hard to judge fairly since it's a two parter.

Flyboy
May 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Yes... two parter... hard to judge, BUT!

Aliens of London
The Emtpy Child
Bad Wolf

All the first of a two parter, and all absolutely amazing as a stand alone episode.

Reefgirl
May 13th, 2006, 11:41 AM
WHERE'S THE EPISODE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is WOW!!!

Metarock Sam
May 13th, 2006, 11:44 AM
The ep was just so brillinat !!!!
So perfect !!!! and brilliant. Ill say more in the actuall episode thread !!!

TheWarrior
May 13th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Brilliant Episode - loving the new look Cybermen :D

I assume everyone watched Doctor Who Confidential afterwards, The old Cybermen just look plain stupid now;)

Also, I loved the choice of music for the scene where they showed how the Cybermen break into Jackie Tyler's house, "I Predict A Riot" - very good choice of music tied in well with the Cybermen breaking in causing a riot:cameron:

Egeria
May 13th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Has anyone pm'd a mod for the episode thread to be opened?

Reefgirl
May 13th, 2006, 12:02 PM
The Reefling was scared out of her wits by the marching metal feet *Evilgrin* Any speculation as to what happens to Mickey

From what I saw I think Ricky gets killed and Mickey stays behind and leads the resistance

I did have a lump in my throat when Mickey came face to face with his Gran.

*Edit* The music choice has been very good in this series

*Edit 2* Oooh Oooh dose anyone get the feeling the 9th Doc had an inkling about this, remember how he kept calling Mickey, Ricky

Reefgirl
May 13th, 2006, 12:07 PM
*PPHHWWEEEEPPPP*

OI!!!!!!!!!! you lot, yeah you, mods get yer fingers out

WE WANT OUR EP THREAD!!!

you'll be sooooorry

Metarock Sam
May 13th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Didnt the 9th DOctor always go around saying he knew everyithing past presnet and future. Therefore he would know about Rickey and perhaps Rickey does something very influential in the next episode which would make the Doctor call him Rickey in rememberance or somethign !!!

Egeria
May 13th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I'm having far too much fun on the game for this episode. :D

http://www.whoisdoctorwho.co.uk/s2-01.htm

Select secret code on the left (and make sure you allow pop-up for this page). It's really cool. :)

The Signal
May 13th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I got to where you found the radio code and went to the next website, then gave up.

EDIT: Finished it, looks like theres going to be a follow up

Egeria
May 13th, 2006, 01:00 PM
^ Same here, going to have to keep checking now for an update...twas fun. :)

Metarock Sam
May 13th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Dpes anypnme know when we will get the thread. Its been like 2 hours !!!

Egeria
May 13th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Ive pm'd a mod...suppose we'll just have to be patient. :)

Reefgirl
May 13th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Dpes anypnme know when we will get the thread. Its been like 2 hours !!!
If they get snotty about this thread going off topic or 'Posting in the wrong thread' we'll remind them who's fault it really is

Can't we start one of our own and get the Mods to faff around with it when they get their @$$es in gear

The Signal
May 13th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Actually yes, if they merge it Darrens origional post will be put 1st as it was made ages back

Metarock Sam
May 13th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Maybe we can and maybe we cant. It doesnt really matter since we will end up with a thread anyway.

The Signal
May 20th, 2006, 09:38 AM
I've asked the mods to bring up the latest thread, so hopefully we will get it within an hour or two

Missster.Freeman
May 20th, 2006, 09:44 AM
It's done. :) I can see the thread floating around in the series 28 folder. I'm not watching it 'live', I'm taping it so I can watch both eps back-to-back.