X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK S2 DVD Edited Down? SPOILERS!!!

Beware spoilers!!

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the editing out of parts of scenes?

In Siege III, part of the scene where McKay and Sheppard look up at the shield as it is being fired upon by the Wraith has been cut. Basically this part is missing...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...x/a9a0a158.jpg

It goes on my DVD from a close up of John's face straight to this cut instead.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...x/0b0aaa5f.jpg

Has anyone noticed anything else missing? Any idea if this is normal and why they would do this?

Huh that's weird. I didn't notice it. Then again I don't have the DVD, I just borrowed it off a mate of mine.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hey Rose which DVD do you have is it the First volume DVD of the second season?

If this is the case then I'd be upset because that scene where they are looking up at the sheilds being fired upon is beautiful, they can't cut it out.
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Why is it necessary to cut scenes on a DVD? I can understand on TV but DVD there really is no reason but to irritate fans.

Comment

I really don't understand it myself, since a standard dual-layer DVD can hold up to four hours of high-quality video.

--edit

I'm just making an observation, since I live in the Region 1 area, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            Beware spoilers!!

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the editing out of parts of scenes?

In Siege III, part of the scene where McKay and Sheppard look up at the shield as it is being fired upon by the Wraith has been cut. Basically this part is missing...

It goes on my DVD from a close up of John's face straight to this cut instead.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...x/0b0aaa5f.jpg

Has anyone noticed anything else missing? Any idea if this is normal and why they would do this?
            I've not noticed! I'll go and look at mine!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
              Hey Rose which DVD do you have is it the First volume DVD of the second season?

If this is the case then I'd be upset because that scene where they are looking up at the sheilds being fired upon is beautiful, they can't cut it out.
              Yes obviously since it is the only Season 2 DVD out at the moment (UK) it is the first one (or the 6th in release order ).

The weird thing is in the commentaries they actually talk about this scene and the way it was shot and they say it didn't really work. Maybe they were so unhappy about it they just removed it.

Comment

I'm shocked man, why on earth would they cut it out, it's an unbelievale scene, and I agree why cut it out on DVD's.

I will turn these unbelievers into mice.
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                  I'm shocked man, why on earth would they cut it out, it's an unbelievale scene, and I agree why cut it out on DVD's.
                  They didn't cut the whole scene they cut part of it, the first part. Still seems odd though.

Comment

Just looked on the recording I made of Siege III from Sky, last October,and compared it to my season 2, vol 1 dvd, and the scene is identical in both recordings. Did you watch the skiffy broadcast? I haven't seen that, and it may be different to the one shown on Sky. But the copy that Sky showed is identical to the recently released dvd version. In fact there are little, tiny extra bits, where Sky cut for commercials, that can be seen in the pre-recorded dvd.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                      Just looked on the recording I made of Siege III from Sky, last October,and compared it to my season 2, vol 1 dvd, and the scene is identical in both recordings. Did you watch the skiffy broadcast? I haven't seen that, and it may be different to the one shown on Sky. But the copy that Sky showed is identical to the recently released dvd version. In fact there are little, tiny extra bits, where Sky cut for commercials, that can be seen in the pre-recorded dvd.
                      I'm in Australia I have no idea what I watched.

All I know is that on my DVD the start of that scene is missing, not the whole scene just the start, and as I showed in my first post with the cap, there is more to the scene and it just isn't on my copy of the DVD.

So your DVD has this at the start?

Comment

I'm in Australia I have no idea what I watched.

All I know is that on my DVD the start of that scene is missing, not the whole scene just the start, and as I showed in my first post with the cap, there is more to the scene and it just isn't on my copy of the DVD.

So your DVD has this at the start?

No, it didn't, but that wasn't in the Sky broadcast either. That's really strange! Both the Sky broadcast and the dvd started with a shot of the pretty fireworks.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                          No, it didn't, but that wasn't in the Sky broadcast either. That's really strange! Both the Sky broadcast and the dvd started with a shot of the pretty fireworks.
                          The only thing I can think of is either it was removed due to conversion (NTSC to PAL) or they just went with whatever Sky showed, still very odd. And I looked *don't tell Darren* and the episode I watched was *cough* from SciFi.

It will be interesting to see if the Australian broadcast has it when they finally get around to showing Season 2 here.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is either it was removed due to conversion (NTSC to PAL) or they just went with whatever Sky showed, still very odd. And I looked *don't tell Darren* and the episode I watched was *cough* from SciFi.

It will be interesting to see if the Australian broadcast has it when they finally get around to showing Season 2 here.

Siner!!!!!!!!! but to admit that you watched Sci Fi was brave of you lol,

anyway the DVD scene you were talking about was fine, are you sure that its the whole DVDs? becasue sometimes on my DVD player as expensive and high quality as it was sometimes skips a few minor moments here and there when the scenes change, the scene you are on about is when the chapter cuts to another and sometimes it misses a split moment becasue of the actual single disc being copied wrong or perhaps the DVD player skips slightly, remember nothing is perfect but DVDs trump VHS any day of the week *cringes at the thought of ever owning VHS* *shudder*
                            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                              Siner!!!!!!!!! but to admit that you watched Sci Fi was brave of you lol,
                              I didn't say I watched the channel. As I said I am in Australia.

anyway the DVD scene you were talking about was fine, are you sure that its the whole DVDs? becasue sometimes on my DVD player as expensive and high quality as it was sometimes skips a few minor moments here and there when the scenes change, the scene you are on about is when the chapter cuts to another and sometimes it misses a split moment becasue of the actual single disc being copied wrong or perhaps the DVD player skips slightly, remember nothing is perfect but DVDs trump VHS any day of the week *cringes at the thought of ever owning VHS* *shudder*
                              Well I thought of that, yes even I have thoughts, and no I played it on my computer, my PlayStation and my DVD oh and took it over to my sisters just in case, because she has a really hi-tech one.

I swear governa it is missing from my copy.

Comment

Working...
                              X