No offense but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offense but...

Is it me or is this Horizon idea really dumb? Not the idea of creating a fan-based storyline and all, but the "actors" chosen for the cast, like Ben Browder and Keifer. Just my opinion, i think it's kinda lame.

The actors were chosen because the shows creators wanted to help people visualize the characters, because not everyone has fantastic imaginations like you do, or open minds.
    Please, if you want to rant about Horizon, don't pick it apart at the most utterly worthless level. Read it, and then tell us what you think.
    Last edited by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia; 25 April 2006, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Just imagine the actors chosen as the closest match to the Horizon characters. They're mainly there to let the audience visualise what our characters look like, not impose a famous name on a character.

Comment

Agreed it helps me visualise them

I think its great

Comment

Yeah, I think sometimes the actors we cast (for me, its for SG: Destiny) help us with some of the characters. Since we've seen these characters on other shows, we know what they can do.
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Great virtual cast on destiny

Comment

Meh, he's just one of those uber-negative fans that doesnt appricate stuff like this.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

50,000 for his head on a plate

Comment

Money is too difficult to transfer over the internet.

50000 greens for his head on a plate!

Comment

And another 10 if his head is free of bullet holes

Comment

Hey hey hey, the guy just disapproves of one aspect of the show, dont die, folks

And I think the VC on destiny is great, too.
                      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Saying I am not a fan of the Stargate universe is like saying that a Trekkie can only be a fan if they attend conventions and wear the starfleet uniform to work. It is a neat concept but i just think it's uber-corny. I mean no one wants to read the episode, they want to SEE the episode. get my drift, homies?

Comment

Yes, well, me and just about everyone else in these forums do want to read the episodes, as well as the about a thousand people that download each Horizon episode. Get my drift, homie?

Comment

Hmmm, I haven't replied to this yet, so I think I'll throw in my two cents.

I'll start by saying you're a free man. What you do and think is your choice, but I'm most certainly going to argue my point here based on facts.

Is it me or is this Horizon idea really dumb? Not the idea of creating a fan-based storyline and all, but the "actors" chosen for the cast, like Ben Browder and Keifer. Just my opinion, i think it's kinda lame.
                            Horizon is more than an idea, it has currently successfully completed almost two seasons and I'd like to think it's going strong. Both Horizon and Stargate: Destiny are virtual series, which have been created for all kinds of series in the past. It isn't a new concept, and it's a good way to get things out there if you're in to this sort of things.

As with most virtual series, actors are chosen to help with visualization.

Saying I am not a fan of the Stargate universe is like saying that a Trekkie can only be a fan if they attend conventions and wear the starfleet uniform to work. It is a neat concept but i just think it's uber-corny. I mean no one wants to read the episode, they want to SEE the episode. get my drift, homies?
                            A lot of ideas can sound quite corny when little is known about them. A team of adventurers travelling through a wormhole to distant planets might sound a bit corner until ones sees it executed.

As for people preferring to see the episode as opposed to reading it, I would love it if Horizon could be aired on TV. Unfortunately, that's not a luxury many people have. People do read, and I hope enjoy, virtual series like Horizon, Destiny, Genesis, etc. As long as people enjoy reading them, they're worth making.

I guess what I'm trying to say it that really such an argument has little merit, saying that something "seems" corny. I would hope that people these days experience something before they criticize it so at least their argument has a bit of backing. However, your opinion is your opinion. Can't do anything about that.
                            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                            Stargate Destiny, Fan
                            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by Goa'uldens Mustard
                              The number of episode downloads every week seems to indicate that some people out there do want to read the episodes. This might be hard to believe, but... reading can actually be fun.

I don't have much to say to this, because I simply don't see how anyone could even have an oppinion without even being familiar with the series and what it's about.

Carry on.
                              Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Working...
                              X