This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get a 6-pack of ZPMs ??

I was wondering what the aftermath of meeting the Assurans will be like. Does Sheppard return with 3 ZPMs only for Atlantis?

what about 5 zpms? (3 atlantis, 1 deadalus, 1 ancient outpost in antartica)

6 zpms? (one to destroy de Orii SuperGate??)

9 zpms? (3 extra for the "Sister City" that is underground?)

Thanks!

A 6 pack of ZPM's? I bet he drinks one and claims it was empty when he got it.

Seriously though, I think the ZPM's are being given too much attention but there isn't enough effort in getting them. Now with the Ori threat, the best a dozen ZPM's could do is maybe even the battlefield up. At least, if the Ori are as powerful as we're led to believe.

Comment

There were two things those battles lacked...concentration of fire, and evasive maneuvers. We don't really know how much we did other than the fact that our butts got handed to us. We don't know how much shield damage we did.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
        We don't really know how much we did other than the fact that our butts got handed to us.

That seems to be a reoccuring thing on the show.

But on the topic on ZPM's, I think there should be more energy put into finding them instead of talking about them.

Its hard to believe that the ancients had hundreds of outposts all over the place, yet, no one can find a working ZPM. Whats the point in talking about them, if they will never find anymore?

Comment

They've been trying to find more since the show started. That they haven't found one leads me to believe that there aren;t very many of them just laying around. Also, having loads and loads of ZPMs would completely ruin the show. It would practically make Atlantis invincible, and that doesn't make for good story telling.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I'd just like to say that the likelyhood of even getting one ZPM is slim...much less 6 or 9...shame *sigh*

Comment

For me it does. Whats the point in having a highly advanced city if it can be destroyed easily? That would be a waste. Im surprised the city hasnt been destroyed already.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                Also, having loads and loads of ZPMs would completely ruin the show. It would practically make Atlantis invincible, and that doesn't make for good story telling.
                I disagree. Right now Atlantis is basically running on a pair of AA batteries. Even with a fully charged ZPM, it's barely enough to just run the place normally much less defensively against an armed assualt like the Wraith are planning. Plus, the whole on the "verge of annihilation only to come out of it in the nick of time" theme gets old.

Having a strong but not definite defensive capability would make for a nice change. Sure, they wouldn't be easy pickings for the Wraith but having enough defensive ability to hold off and even return fire against the enemy would make for a more interesting change of pace. It doesn't mean they can't take some losses or run into unintended consequences.

Comment

Do you think the Assurans would give us the ZPMs?

what IF when Wier realizes that they would be detained, they just throw them into the Stargate? that'd be awesome..... the whole plot changes...

Atlantis would then have the fully powered ZPMs already in place. !!!!

Comment

Where are these assurans everyone is talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neil
                      Where are these assurans everyone is talking about?
                      We'll be meeting them in season 3
                      http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/3x2.shtml
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I wonder what would happen if they somehow remade some of the ZPM's. They have seen Oneill finaggle one on earth when he had the ancient information downloaded into his head. I'm sure they have that on security camera.

Also...What wouold happen if they did have several ZPM's...? They would probably have no meaning for the show. The action would be pointless because they would just obliterate anything that got in their way. (But it sure woudl look cool!!!! )

Comment

IMO, if tptb did decide to let the atlantis team acquire a few zpms, they would balance out the show by making atlantis much weaker....in other words the ancient super city wouldnt be so super...and enjoy the thought of atlantis being soo powerfull so i dont want to see anymore zpms unless tptb come up with a way to fit them in without and adverse affect on what we fans believe atlantis to be
                          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

i think we'll only see full ZPMs if the budget is good for all the special effects.

There is also no mention of a drone factory..... IF they can make ZPMs, they should be more than capable of building drones....

PLUS.....

Isn't it ackward that for 10,000 years the Assurans are still using the same 'old' cityship????

Comment

Originally posted by tizoc
                              Isn't it ackward that for 10,000 years the Assurans are still using the same 'old' cityship????
                              Well Atlantis has been used for at least several million years so its not that unusual that Assurans are still using the same design 10,000 years later. I mean how many times do you really want to rebuild an entire city?

As far as the ZPM's I wouldn't count on Atlantis getting any for a while, always need to make sure that something besides the zpm saves the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X