PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a 6-pack of ZPMs ??

tizoc
April 24th, 2006, 12:39 PM
I was wondering what the aftermath of meeting the Assurans will be like. Does Sheppard return with 3 ZPMs only for Atlantis?

what about 5 zpms? (3 atlantis, 1 deadalus, 1 ancient outpost in antartica)

6 zpms? (one to destroy de Orii SuperGate??)

9 zpms? (3 extra for the "Sister City" that is underground?)

Thanks!

Teelie
April 24th, 2006, 01:24 PM
A 6 pack of ZPM's? I bet he drinks one and claims it was empty when he got it.

Seriously though, I think the ZPM's are being given too much attention but there isn't enough effort in getting them. Now with the Ori threat, the best a dozen ZPM's could do is maybe even the battlefield up. At least, if the Ori are as powerful as we're led to believe.

rarocks24
April 24th, 2006, 01:33 PM
There were two things those battles lacked...concentration of fire, and evasive maneuvers. We don't really know how much we did other than the fact that our butts got handed to us. We don't know how much shield damage we did.

O'Neil
April 24th, 2006, 01:37 PM
We don't really know how much we did other than the fact that our butts got handed to us.

That seems to be a reoccuring thing on the show.

But on the topic on ZPM's, I think there should be more energy put into finding them instead of talking about them.

Its hard to believe that the ancients had hundreds of outposts all over the place, yet, no one can find a working ZPM. Whats the point in talking about them, if they will never find anymore?

Avenger
April 24th, 2006, 02:04 PM
They've been trying to find more since the show started. That they haven't found one leads me to believe that there aren;t very many of them just laying around. Also, having loads and loads of ZPMs would completely ruin the show. It would practically make Atlantis invincible, and that doesn't make for good story telling.

Dylan Deltoran
April 24th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I'd just like to say that the likelyhood of even getting one ZPM is slim...much less 6 or 9...shame *sigh*

O'Neil
April 24th, 2006, 02:29 PM
For me it does. Whats the point in having a highly advanced city if it can be destroyed easily? That would be a waste. Im surprised the city hasnt been destroyed already.

Teelie
April 24th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Also, having loads and loads of ZPMs would completely ruin the show. It would practically make Atlantis invincible, and that doesn't make for good story telling.

I disagree. Right now Atlantis is basically running on a pair of AA batteries. Even with a fully charged ZPM, it's barely enough to just run the place normally much less defensively against an armed assualt like the Wraith are planning. Plus, the whole on the "verge of annihilation only to come out of it in the nick of time" theme gets old.

Having a strong but not definite defensive capability would make for a nice change. Sure, they wouldn't be easy pickings for the Wraith but having enough defensive ability to hold off and even return fire against the enemy would make for a more interesting change of pace. It doesn't mean they can't take some losses or run into unintended consequences.

tizoc
April 24th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Do you think the Assurans would give us the ZPMs?

what IF when Wier realizes that they would be detained, they just throw them into the Stargate? that'd be awesome..... the whole plot changes...

Atlantis would then have the fully powered ZPMs already in place. !!!! :weir:

O'Neil
April 24th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Where are these assurans everyone is talking about?

Eoin
April 24th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Where are these assurans everyone is talking about?
We'll be meeting them in season 3 :)
http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/3x2.shtml

stargateanubis14
April 24th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I wonder what would happen if they somehow remade some of the ZPM's. They have seen Oneill finaggle one on earth when he had the ancient information downloaded into his head. I'm sure they have that on security camera.

Also...What wouold happen if they did have several ZPM's...? They would probably have no meaning for the show. The action would be pointless because they would just obliterate anything that got in their way. (But it sure woudl look cool!!!! :bratacanime13: :tealcanime44: :tealcanime23: :jack_new_anime25:)

Eoin
April 24th, 2006, 04:12 PM
IMO, if tptb did decide to let the atlantis team acquire a few zpms, they would balance out the show by making atlantis much weaker....in other words the ancient super city wouldnt be so super...and enjoy the thought of atlantis being soo powerfull :D so i dont want to see anymore zpms unless tptb come up with a way to fit them in without and adverse affect on what we fans believe atlantis to be :)

tizoc
April 25th, 2006, 07:10 AM
i think we'll only see full ZPMs if the budget is good for all the special effects.

There is also no mention of a drone factory..... IF they can make ZPMs, they should be more than capable of building drones....

PLUS.....

Isn't it ackward that for 10,000 years the Assurans are still using the same 'old' cityship????

Arative
April 25th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Isn't it ackward that for 10,000 years the Assurans are still using the same 'old' cityship????

Well Atlantis has been used for at least several million years so its not that unusual that Assurans are still using the same design 10,000 years later. I mean how many times do you really want to rebuild an entire city?

As far as the ZPM's I wouldn't count on Atlantis getting any for a while, always need to make sure that something besides the zpm saves the day.

CommanderThor69
April 25th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Well, I think a good way for the ZPM thing to fit, and not have it make Atlantis over powerfull, is, they get a few, like, 3 or so fully charged, give one the the outpost on Earth, and have 2 fully charged ones on Atlantis. When the deadalus leaves for a trip back to Earth, a bunch of, when its out of range for Subspace transmissions, 10 or so hive ships show up, and start bombarding the sheild, the drones take out most of the hive ships, but not all, and the ZPMs start to drain, and the Deadalus comes back and takes on the remaining Hive, (Hives):zelenka25:

The Ori
April 25th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I agree with Tizoc, if the the team finds a bunch of ZPM's then, these ZPM's will make sumthing work and is likely to be seen to us through special effects like ships or Atlantis ect. So It's true if the special effects budget is good enuff then we may see sum, but I believe we might see at least onethat the Atlantis team get a hold of.

Avenger
April 27th, 2006, 09:12 PM
I disagree. Right now Atlantis is basically running on a pair of AA batteries. Even with a fully charged ZPM, it's barely enough to just run the place normally much less defensively against an armed assualt like the Wraith are planning. Plus, the whole on the "verge of annihilation only to come out of it in the nick of time" theme gets old.

Having a strong but not definite defensive capability would make for a nice change. Sure, they wouldn't be easy pickings for the Wraith but having enough defensive ability to hold off and even return fire against the enemy would make for a more interesting change of pace. It doesn't mean they can't take some losses or run into unintended consequences.

You're thinking from a practical, real world sense, and in a real world situation, that;s what I'd want to. However, in terms of writing a TV show, there has to be a greater conflict to keep the show going. Sure, the Wraith will still be there and they are an outside threat to the Milky Way and other people in Pegasus, but if Atlantis all of a sudden gets this great defensive capability, it would diminish the conflict with the Wraith greatly because the expedition could just run back to Atlantis and hide if the Wraith decide to attack. It would make things rather boring.

LORD MONK
April 27th, 2006, 09:43 PM
I want the ZPM's. When we power up the city to it's fullist we sill find a ZPM Factory and a Drone Factory. It's the great city. We will also find a Bar and a Dance Club and a Mall.

thegatebuilders
April 29th, 2006, 07:42 PM
That seems to be a reoccuring thing on the show.

But on the topic on ZPM's, I think there should be more energy put into finding them instead of talking about them.

Its hard to believe that the ancients had hundreds of outposts all over the place, yet, no one can find a working ZPM. Whats the point in talking about them, if they will never find anymore?

if atlantis find a ZPM i will be over the moon, but i dout that would happen, seeing that the ancient took great measure to ensure that it was never found by the wraith.

thegatebuilders
April 29th, 2006, 07:48 PM
There were two things those battles lacked...concentration of fire, and evasive maneuvers. We don't really know how much we did other than the fact that our butts got handed to us. We don't know how much shield damage we did.

have watched many battle scenes and evasive maneuvering doesnt seem to help since the rail guns just follow you everywhere you go

LORD MONK
April 29th, 2006, 10:32 PM
When the battle comes that we will win. (and yes it is going to happen, damn it) Then, and only then, will the writers and directors have a reason for our ships to have basic manuavers. Not to be sarcastic, but lets face it.

npattis
April 29th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I was wondering what the aftermath of meeting the Assurans will be like. Does Sheppard return with 3 ZPMs only for Atlantis?

what about 5 zpms? (3 atlantis, 1 deadalus, 1 ancient outpost in antartica)

6 zpms? (one to destroy de Orii SuperGate??)

9 zpms? (3 extra for the "Sister City" that is underground?)

Thanks!

Then Atlantis would be cancelled due to the fact there would be no drama with ZPMs all over place.

npattis
April 29th, 2006, 11:42 PM
The show would be cancelled due to the fact that Atlantis, Earth, and the Daedalus would be unstoppable with those amount of ZPMs.

O'Neil
April 30th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Thats right, you have to remember that humans are a primitive race, very young and unlearned, and if Atlantis, Daedalus and the SGC all had ZPM's, that would put us as the leader for power and control, and we cant have that because they are too stupid and couldnt handle it. Someone, somewhere, would blow something up, or screw up something resulting in the destruction of something.

Its like watching Smallville. You have to expect and look for stupid at every corner.