This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who - The Movie

Ok..i'm sure everyone here has seen the Doctor Who movie that was here...wasn't it american made? Because I can't imagine the normal writers for the series making such a HORRIBLE and utterly TERRIBLE version of Doctor Who.

On a sidenote...Doctor Who has been around forever...why no feature length motion pictues? THE BIG SCREEN.
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Originally posted by GhostPoet
    Ok..i'm sure everyone here has seen the Doctor Who movie that was here...wasn't it american made? Because I can't imagine the normal writers for the series making such a HORRIBLE and utterly TERRIBLE version of Doctor Who.

On a sidenote...Doctor Who has been around forever...why no feature length motion pictues? THE BIG SCREEN.
    Unfortunatly yes it was made for the American market which is why it's the only one to feature Paul McGann on screen, although he has done a number of Audio productions and Radio versions.

There have been 2 Doctor Who Movies, for the Big Screen, both starring Peter Cushing as a William Hartnell Doctor both of them were about the Daleks
    This is the IMDb piece on Dr Who and the Daleks http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0059126/

This is Dr Who Daleks invasion Earth 2150 AD http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0060278/

Comment

yes it was american, but there was alot of input from British writers. Ultimately, the product that aired on FOX was American made.

Great Sig by Bella

Comment

There were two movies, both siple remakes of some First Doctor storylines (The Dalek Invasion of Earth being one) but they were different takes on the idea (the Doctor was an old man from Earth who built a time machine himself, he was not a Time Lord). The 1996 movie was american made yes, and it left a lot to be desired, but there is a massive difference to American and British TV.

As for no canonical movie, well maybe Doctor Who doesnt want ruin its good name. With several exceptions the majority of Sci-fi, show to movie transfers end with the fans being heavily disapointed, and I for one am glad of no movies other than the Peter Cushing ones and the Paul McGann one.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Shame the tv movie was horrible. I love the 8th doc.

Comment

Originally posted by in circles
            Shame the tv movie was horrible. I love the 8th doc.
            here here. I think that he has much better writing in the Big Finish audio series. Great stuff

PS: Do you think he might come back for a multiple doc ep?

Great Sig by Bella

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fantastic
              PS: Do you think he might come back for a multiple doc ep?
              Doubtful, RTD really just wants to move forwards with the new series, we might see CE again, and once he regenerates into the 11th Doctor (hopefully not until at least S4/30) DT may one day return, but pre 2005 doctors, unlikely.
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fantastic
                here here. I think that he has much better writing in the Big Finish audio series. Great stuff
                I've heard some of their stuff on BBC7, they have a lot of respect from the Who fans, they kept Dr Who going after it was cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                  Doubtful, RTD really just wants to move forwards with the new series, we might see CE again, and once he regenerates into the 11th Doctor (hopefully not until at least S4/30) DT may one day return, but pre 2005 doctors, unlikely.
                  The doctor never changes back into a body
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                    The doctor never changes back into a body
                    No but sometimes he does meet a previous incarnation of himself, there have been at least 3 occations The Three Doctors which was William Hartnell, Patrick Toughton and Jon Pertween, The Five Doctors, which was the first 5 (Apart from William Hartnell obviously, but the actor who replaced him was good) and the Two Doctors which was Patrick Troughton and Colin Baker and also Jamie appeard too

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                      No but sometimes he does meet a previous incarnation of himself, there have been at least 3 occations The Three Doctors which was William Hartnell, Patrick Toughton and Jon Pertween, The Five Doctors, which was the first 5 (Apart from William Hartnell obviously, but the actor who replaced him was good) and the Two Doctors which was Patrick Troughton and Colin Baker and also Jamie appeard too
                      How are they going to do that now that the Time Lords
                      Spoiler:
                      are... well... no more?
                      On those occasions they er... *cough*transgressed the first law of time *cough*gave a helping hand.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        How are they going to do that now that the Time Lords
                        Spoiler:
                        are... well... no more?
                        On those occasions they er... *cough*transgressed the first law of time *cough*gave a helping hand.
                        Plus the first 3 actors are dead

Comment

The White Gardian might let it happen
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Working...
                          X