This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is Bad Wolf done?...Spoilers for upcoming episodes

did anybody notice the unexpected referance to bad wolf, not torchwwood but bad wolf in the latest episode of doctor who? it happened in the scene when rose and all of the staff of the manor are locked in the basement with the host, she is talking to the host about what it is etc and it mentions the she has "something of the wolf about her" is this actually a referance to bad wolf or is it simply a coincedence ad just sounds like one?

Oh I think it's definately a ref to bad wolf, but I think it was probably just a throwaway line - you can tell she's no longer actually the bad woolf by the lack of glowing eyes.
    Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

perhaps rose wasn't the bad wolf, i heard somewhere thet the events in parting of the ways where just here perception of the phrase

Comment

I would have thought the bad wolf in the episode would be a more obvious reference. You know, the one which was chasing them around the estate.

Comment

When is Bad Wolf reveled
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

it was supposed to be tha parting of the ways, (although the episode "bad wolf" would probably be more appropriate) but if it is continuing i am quite pleased because i was a bit dissapointed with the solution

Comment

The Bad Wolf thing follows Rose through time, from what I can understand, there was part of the Bad Wolf graffiti on the wall or ground at the start of New Earth

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                When is Bad Wolf reveled
                Not until The Parting of The Ways

Nobody ever said that Bad Wolf was over, the references will always be there in places she has already visited and the "Wolf" will always be a part of her, but it will not, at least this year, be as heavily featured as in S1.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I've got a feeling that Bad Wolf isn't over and done with. That line in T&C might have seemed like a throw-away remark, but in S1/S27 RTD did a fine job of making us realise that even the subtlest of remarks mattered. Nothing would surprise me this series.

Comment

I don't think it is over in fact...

Spoiler:
                    I think Bad Wolf and Torchwood will collide by the end of Series 28 and we will have the mother of all fights! Well I hope so because how the heck they top "Parting of the ways" is beyond me.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Rose interpreted "Bad Wolf" to be a message for herself. At the end of the Parting of the Ways, she scatters the idea of "Bad Wolf" throughout time. Maybe she scattered not only the idea, but actually created a new enemy in the process, I mean she did destroy the daleks single handedly.

Honestly I think the Parting of the Ways solution is WAY too simple.

I definently thought that was a refrence in Tooth and Claw.

Comment

This will be interesting to see can't wait for Parting of ways

Comment

This will be interesting to see can't wait for Parting of ways
                          Just think. If people keep revealing plot points, they can save us the trouble of actually watching the episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                            Just think. If people keep revealing plot points, they can save us the trouble of actually watching the episodes.
                            I still will watch, they still haven't revealed the whole eps yet.

Comment

I still will watch, they still haven't revealed the whole eps yet.
                              I just can't believe that by purchasing DVD boxset early, I ruined the opportunity to piece together the new episodes from the various snippets people generously choose to share on supposedly non-spoiler threads.

I guess actually watching the episodes for myself really spoiled the joy of having people blurt out important plot points.

Oh, dear, someone just placed a spoiler warning on the title of this thread.
                              That tends to scare people away from reading about episodes they haven't seen yet.

Gee, I hope someone can provide me with descriptions for each Season 2 scene, so I won't have to actually watch it for myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X