X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor who over taking Star-trek

Over all the Star-trek, there is 726 episodes, and they have finished
    Doctor who now has 720 (as of 22nd april), it has 11 episodes left of this season and another season awaithing on the horizon.
    in 6 weeks we will see Dr Who over take star-trek in episode numbers, which means its the longest running, most episodic Sci-fi series of all time.
    (ok i dont know if episodic is a real word)
    Hola

Hello

Originally posted by BC - 303
    Doctor who now has 720 (as of 22nd april), it has 11 episodes left of this season and another season awaithing on the horizon.
    in 6 weeks we will see Dr Who over take star-trek in episode numbers, which means its the longest running, most episodic Sci-fi series of all time.

From Dictionary.com;

ep·i·sod·ic (p-sdk) also ep·i·sod·i·cal (--kl)
    adj.
    Relating to or resembling an episode.
    Composed of a series of episodes: an episodic novel.
    Limited to the duration of an episode; temporary.
    My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
    Build a Dalek
    Build a TARDIS
    Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
    The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303
      Personally I would go with the longest running in the World right now because it is the same series. I personally believe Star Trek is a series of spin-offs so they shouldn't really count anyway.

Just like no one should include the two or soon to be three seasons of Atlantis in the SG-1 season counts. Just my opinion.

Same show + same title + same concept = Longest running scifi show in the world.

Comment

Yup, sorry but Doctor Who is the longest running sci-series by a long shot (about 18 seasons) Star Trek is the longest running franchise, and it is soon to loose that if what you say is right (just checked wikipedia, it is) still green for the research though
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I think Dr. who will soon overtake StarTrek as a Franchise as well
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            Yup, sorry but Doctor Who is the longest running sci-series by a long shot (about 18 seasons) Star Trek is the longest running franchise, and it is soon to loose that if what you say is right (just checked wikipedia, it is) still green for the research though
            actually doctor who is on it's 28th season this year and it has already got a 29th commitioned

Comment

Ah, but weren't earlier Who eps only 25 mins, whereas Star Trek was 45?

You should add the time for each episode up and check that.

What? Too pedantic?

Comment

Well yeah, they were 25 mins, but the story was serialised into weekly episodes, usually with a cliffhanger at the end of each part. The stories could comprise of three to six parts, and in later years, up to fourteen parts.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by cvife
                  actually doctor who is on it's 28th season this year and it has already got a 29th commitioned
                  I know, but it has 18 seasons more than most series.

Originally posted by Jonzey
                  Ah, but weren't earlier Who eps only 25 mins, whereas Star Trek was 45?

You should add the time for each episode up and check that.
                  It has varied yes, but in terms of time it still has TNG (the Trek with most eps) beaten by 500 episodes.
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                    It has varied yes, but in terms of time it still has TNG (the Trek with most eps) beaten by 500 episodes.
                    I was joking and hoping the last line would give it away, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                      I was joking and hoping the last line would give it away, but whatever.
                      *shrugs* just making a point.

Comment

I dont see the fuss since Doctor Who was created before Star Trek in fact some of Star Treks most basic principles are derived from Doctor Who.
                        For examle the Transporter that was originally in Doctor Who named the Transmat Beam (or T-Mat in The Seeds of Death).
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                          I dont see the fuss since Doctor Who was created before Star Trek in fact some of Star Treks most basic principles are derived from Doctor Who.
                          For examle the Transporter that was originally in Doctor Who named the Transmat Beam (or T-Mat in The Seeds of Death).
                          How much has star trek got from DW.
                          Borg= cybermen ripoff
                          In enterprise they found a ship that was bigger on the inside then the out

Comment

TARDIS "dimensionally transcendental" rip off!
                            Must resist distroying trek.
                            a well, SG1 has long over taken all the seperate Treks.
                            No one will even remember trek in a few millenium's
                            Hola

Hello

Comment

DW also had a few spinoffs

Comment

Working...
                              X