PDA

View Full Version : Others

Billz
April 23rd, 2006, 02:38 PM
What do you the chances are that other random timelords survived the timewar but The Doctor just doesnt know about them yet?

Flyboy
April 23rd, 2006, 04:00 PM
He'd be able to sense them. Psychically. He cant.

That plus RTD has stated that there are no other time lords.

Darkseid
April 23rd, 2006, 06:56 PM
He'd be able to sense them. Psychically. He cant.

That plus RTD has stated that there are no other time lords.

He would be able to sense them if they wanted to be found and weren't hiding. The Doctor didn't sense The Daleks because they wanted to be hidden.

Personally, I think that the secret that the Face of Boa has to tell the Doctor has something to do about Time Lords. Either that, or he is going to give him the secret recipe to McDonald's secret sauce.....

Easter Lily
April 23rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
Personally, I think that the secret that the Face of Boa has to tell the Doctor has something to do about Time Lords. Either that, or he is going to give him the secret recipe to McDonald's secret sauce.....
Not exactly the stuff of legends, is it... :P

Metarock Sam
April 24th, 2006, 09:37 AM
IM pretty certain there are others and will be glad to see them return.

Reefgirl
April 24th, 2006, 10:05 AM
I have a theory that The Face of Boe, is THE first Timelord

re: your sig, I have a scarf that can go round my neck twice and is affectionatly known as my Dr Who scarf, even by my daughter who has never seen a Tom Baker episode

creed462
April 24th, 2006, 10:47 AM
I have a theory that The Face of Boe, is THE first Timelord

re: your sig, I have a scarf that can go round my neck twice and is affectionatly known as my Dr Who scarf, even by my daughter who has never seen a Tom Baker episode
Isn't the frist Timelord Rasilon(sp)

Reefgirl
April 24th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Yes he was but things happen over time, maybe Boe knew what was going to happen and took precautions

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
April 24th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Isn't the frist Timelord Rasilon(sp)Rassilon was actually known as the "Rear End of Boe"....

....often mocked by the "Torso of Boe" and "Both Left Feet of Boe" (he was a terrible dancer).

Easter Lily
April 24th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Rassilon was actually known as the "Rear End of Boe"....

....often mocked by the "Torso of Boe" and "Both Left Feet of Boe" (he was a terrible dancer).

Is this mentioned in any of the episodes or novels? Which ones?

I am intrigued by the idea that The Face of Boe is some how linked with Time Lord history and would love to read up on stuff that might point us in that direction.

Darkseid
April 25th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Excuse me if I am wrong, but I am under the impression that Rassilon wasn't the first Time Lord, simply the man who united them a la Kalless(sp?) on Star Trek. Prior to Rassilon, Time Lords misused their power badly, but they were still Time Lords using Time Travel for their own selfish needs. Omega created Time Travel for the Time Lords (A little more complicated then that, I know) and Rassilon united them as the people they are today....

Don't mean to highjack the thread, just something on the tip of my brain...

Reefgirl
April 25th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Excuse me if I am wrong, but I am under the impression that Rassilon wasn't the first Time Lord, simply the man who united them a la Kalless(sp?) on Star Trek. Prior to Rassilon, Time Lords misused their power badly, but they were still Time Lords using Time Travel for their own selfish needs. Omega created Time Travel for the Time Lords (A little more complicated then that, I know) and Rassilon united them as the people they are today....

Don't mean to highjack the thread, just something on the tip of my brain...
Yes Rassilon created the Timelord society we know now, before that it was kind of like the Roman Empire IMO, if you want an idea of how it was before Rassilon try and get your hands on The Five Doctors

Darkseid
April 25th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Yes Rassilon created the Timelord society we know now, before that it was kind of like the Roman Empire IMO, if you want an idea of how it was before Rassilon try and get your hands on The Five Doctors

Oh, I have seen 'The Five Doctors' more times then I can count. The point I was trying to make simply was that they were the same people prior to Rassilon, but Rassilon organized them and gave them structure. He was their George Washington/Thomas Jefferson/Ben Franklin all rolled into one...

Reefgirl
April 25th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Oh, I have seen 'The Five Doctors' more times then I can count. The point I was trying to make simply was that they were the same people prior to Rassilon, but Rassilon organized them and gave them structure. He was their George Washington/Thomas Jefferson/Ben Franklin all rolled into one...
I get that, I couldn't think of the right character I was talking about, I've got it now, Omega, he was the one that collapsed the star that gave the Timelords their Time Traval abilities

Maybe Boe is Omega, he is supposed to be a million years old

Willow'sCat
April 25th, 2006, 03:13 AM
He would be able to sense them if they wanted to be found and weren't hiding. The Doctor didn't sense The Daleks because they wanted to be hidden. The Daleks are not Timelords. :cool: wtf?

[SPOILERS]Personally, I think that the secret that the Face of Boa has to tell the Doctor has something to do about Time Lords.

And that is a bit of a spoiler dude! ;)

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime. Your fraking hilarious, are you doing some comedy act somewhere I might be able to catch? ;)

Darkseid
April 25th, 2006, 03:45 AM
I get that, I couldn't think of the right character I was talking about, I've got it now, Omega, he was the one that collapsed the star that gave the Timelords their Time Traval abilities

Maybe Boe is Omega, he is supposed to be a million years old

Hey now!! That's a great Theory!! I never thought of that one!!!!

I am sticking with my theory that Boa is really the White Guardian. I don't know why, just sounds cool...

Darkseid
April 25th, 2006, 03:50 AM
The Daleks are not Timelords. :cool: wtf?

And that is a bit of a spoiler dude! ;)

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime. Your fraking hilarious, are you doing some comedy act somewhere I might be able to catch? ;)

Of course they are not Time Lords. They are actually lesser entities then Time Lords, but they were able to hide themsevles from the Doctor. WHy not some Time Lords?

An I am not posting a spoiler. I was posting a theory. Two seperate things. It's just a thought in passing that will most likly get shot down since I am sure that RTD is far less obvious then anything I could come up with...

...Then again, maybe Boe was going to tell The Doctor who really killed JFK....

Reefgirl
April 25th, 2006, 05:01 AM
I am sure that RTD is far less obvious then anything I could come up with...

...Then again, maybe Boe was going to tell The Doctor who really killed JFK....
He is a very good storyteller and does like to keep us guessing until the end

The Doctor should know who killed JFK, he was there

April 25th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Is this mentioned in any of the episodes or novels? Which ones?

I am intrigued by the idea that The Face of Boe is some how linked with Time Lord history and would love to read up on stuff that might point us in that direction.No, I thought it was obvious that I was joking. ;)

April 25th, 2006, 07:42 AM

Don't mean to highjack the thread, just something on the tip of my brain...I think Rassilon, Omega, and the Other invented many technologies that transformed Gallifreyan society. After Omega sacrificed himself and the Other left, Rassilon took a central role, became the first Time Lord, ushering in a new era of reform and responsibility over their power over time. So the Time Lords were established from the Gallifreyan race as guardians of time. Not all Gallifreyans become Time Lords...just like not all Gateword members are moderators.

April 25th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Maybe Boe is Omega, he is supposed to be a million years oldOmega was Gallifreyan and a contemporary of Rassilon and the Other.

Boe is a very very long-lived creature and the establishment of Time Lord society happened over many decades, so they were plenty of opportunitities for the involvement of previously unmentioned characters.

Reefgirl
April 25th, 2006, 07:50 AM
I think Rassilon, Omega, and the Other invented many technologies that transformed Gallifreyan society. After Omega sacrificed himself and the Other left, Rassilon took a central role, became the first Time Lord, ushering in a new era of reform and responsibility over their power over time. So the Time Lords were established from the Gallifreyan race as guardians of time. Not all Gallifreyans become Time Lords...just like not all Gateword members are moderators.
Plus Rassilon is Immortal, thinking about it, Boe could be Rassilon's conciousness in another form, or if Boe is telepathic he could have been in contact with Rassilon, Just thinking out loud here

April 25th, 2006, 07:59 AM
I am sticking with my theory that Boa is really the White Guardian. I don't know why, just sounds cool...I'm sure the White Guardian does have the power to appear as Boe, but he is also the Guardian of Time and it would seem like a colossal waste of said time for a nearly omnipotent being to spend billions of years as a disembodied head in a giant pickle jar.

Why can't Boe simply be a previously unmentioned but important character?
History is replete with turning points and people who influenced those events.
Boe doesn't have to be another version of the existing handful of known characters.

April 25th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime. Your fraking hilarious, are you doing some comedy act somewhere I might be able to catch? ;)Sorry, I left comedy to rebuild in the aftermath of the Time War.

In fact, I just hired a consultant, "The Right Hand of Boe".

While not the best name in the industry, these contracts are usually political, and, to be honest, I did owe "The Naughty Bits of Boe" a favor or two.

Unfortunately I didn't know those two had a history and there has been some tension at the work site.

Absolutely no work gets done when they get together.

creed462
April 25th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Maybe he is Rassilon.........

Darkseid
April 25th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I think Rassilon, Omega, and the Other invented many technologies that transformed Gallifreyan society. After Omega sacrificed himself and the Other left, Rassilon took a central role, became the first Time Lord, ushering in a new era of reform and responsibility over their power over time. So the Time Lords were established from the Gallifreyan race as guardians of time. Not all Gallifreyans become Time Lords...just like not all Gateword members are moderators.

I don't have official chronology in front of me, but I know they had time travel prior to Rassilon. It was Rassilon who outlawed the use of the Time Scoop for use in Gladitorial games.

Either way, I am thinking we are all spending too much time on this topic....I mean, it's a TV show...........lol

Darkseid
April 25th, 2006, 01:33 PM
He is a very good storyteller and does like to keep us guessing until the end

The Doctor should know who killed JFK, he was there

Ya, a lot of people were there and they don't know who killed squat!!!

So, at what point did The Doctor go see JFK assasination/go on the Titanic and wash up on an island? It was the Eccleston Doc, but he spent his entire regeneration with Rose. At some point he had to leave Rose behind have some adventures and then go pick her up.....

April 25th, 2006, 01:50 PM
I don't have official chronology in front of me, but I know they had time travel prior to Rassilon. It was Rassilon who outlawed the use of the Time Scoop for use in Gladitorial games.

Either way, I am thinking we are all spending too much time on this topic....I mean, it's a TV show...........lolI believe you're right but the technology was very limited because of the needed power.

Time Lord society had held both Rassilon and Omega in such high esteem and given them credit for so much, one must wonder how much they really did contribute.

Prior to Rassilon's loom technology, all they had was a single life span.
We know they had a history of space travel, even reveled in space exploration prior to becoming insular Time Lords.

April 25th, 2006, 01:54 PM

So, at what point did The Doctor go see JFK assasination/go on the Titanic and wash up on an island? It was the Eccleston Doc, but he spent his entire regeneration with Rose. At some point he had to leave Rose behind have some adventures and then go pick her up.....The little ear comment he made in Rose doesn't necessarily mean he recently regenerated.

It could have simply been the first time he thought about it.

I imagine his grief over the events of the Time War probably distracted him for a while.

Darkseid
April 25th, 2006, 01:58 PM
The little ear comment he made in Rose doesn't necessarily mean he recently regenerated.

It could have simply been the first time he thought about it.

I imagine his grief over the events of the Time War probably distracted him for a while.

It wasn't just the ear comment, he was admiring himself in Rose's mirror. For the first time. I doubt he would say anything if he had seen his face before. Everytime the Doctor regenerates all hell is breaking loose and he always finds time to look in the mirror. No, he had to be newly regenerated.

April 25th, 2006, 02:00 PM
It wasn't just the ear comment, he was admiring himself in Rose's mirror. For the first time. I doubt he would say anything if he had seen his face before. Everytime the Doctor regenerates all hell is breaking loose and he always finds time to look in the mirror. No, he had to be newly regenerated.It seems like that was the original intent of that little moment, but it's really not conclusive proof.

Reefgirl
April 25th, 2006, 02:02 PM

So, at what point did The Doctor go see JFK assasination/go on the Titanic and wash up on an island? It was the Eccleston Doc, but he spent his entire regeneration with Rose. At some point he had to leave Rose behind have some adventures and then go pick her up.....

We don't know what happened between Dr 8 and 9 regenerating but I'm guessing that he'd been Dr 9 for some time before he met Rose

Can someone clarify something, was Evelyn before or after Charley as Dr 8's comanion

Darkseid
April 25th, 2006, 02:11 PM
It seems like that was the original intent of that little moment, but it's really not conclusive proof.

No, not conclusive proof unless RTD or the TV show says something to clear it up....

April 25th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Can someone clarify something, was Evelyn before or after Charley as Dr 8's comanionThe only Evelyn I know is Evelyn Smythe, companion to the Sixth Doctor in the Big Finish audio productions.

If that's who you mean, then the answer is before.

April 25th, 2006, 02:56 PM
No, not conclusive proof unless RTD or the TV show says something to clear it up....I think most older fans would welcome a little clarity, but we also have to realize the primary concern is to keep those new fans watching.

Somehow, I think we will be left theorizing for a while longer. ;)

Darkseid
April 25th, 2006, 03:44 PM
I think most older fans would welcome a little clarity, but we also have to realize the primary concern is to keep those new fans watching.

Somehow, I think we will be left theorizing for a while longer. ;)

Testify my brother....

So how long you been watching???

April 25th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Testify my brother....

So how long you been watching???LOL! Since 1983. How about you?

Darkseid
April 25th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I do recall watching the show when I was in grade school. 5th grade I think. That would put it between 81-82.

Damn..........I was so young and full of life back then........now look at me....spend the day on a Doctor Who forum. I need Shatner to come in here, slap me around and tell me to 'Get a life!!'

creed462
April 25th, 2006, 04:23 PM
The time war was most likly the most stressful thing he's ever been through

Easter Lily
April 25th, 2006, 04:28 PM
No, I thought it was obvious that I was joking. ;)
Yeah... I realised that later... :o
But I was a bit slow yesterday... not feeling 100% and all that...

It was very funny, by the way...

Darkseid
April 25th, 2006, 04:34 PM

It was very funny, by the way...

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better today.

btw-- I love your handle. My daughter's name is Lilly. She just turned 9 months old today!!!

April 25th, 2006, 04:40 PM
The time war was most likly the most stressful thing he's ever been throughThink so? Try dealing with Tegan day in and day out.

Darkseid
April 25th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Think so? Try dealing with Tegan day in and day out.

Tegan? She didn't bother me half as much as Mel. Seemed like JNT wanted to go back to the '60s shreaking violet era...

Easter Lily
April 25th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Tegan or Peri... there's not much to choose between them...

April 25th, 2006, 04:59 PM

It was very funny, by the way...Understood. I hope you feel better soon.

April 25th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Tegan? She didn't bother me half as much as Mel. Seemed like JNT wanted to go back to the '60s shreaking violet era...In the case of Mel, they should have just given Sylvester a bullhorn and set it to periodically squeal.

April 25th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Tegan or Peri... there's not much to choose between them...Peri could be annoying but somewhat sweet, but Tegan was really really annoying in a really unrelenting way.

Reefgirl
April 26th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Testify my brother....

So how long you been watching???
Children please, since Jon Pertwee turned into Tom Baker

The only Evelyn I know is Evelyn Smythe, companion to the Sixth Doctor in the Big Finish audio productions.

If that's who you mean, then the answer is before.
Yep, my mistake

creed462
April 26th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Tegan wasn't that bad

Reefgirl
April 26th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Tegan wasn't that bad
Janet Fielding on the other hand was a bit of a pain in the bum, so I've heard

creed462
April 26th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Yes, but in Resurrection of the Daleks, you can see he doesn't want her to go

April 26th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Janet Fielding on the other hand was a bit of a pain in the bum, so I've heardWell, she practically begged for the job, joined the alumuni of Doctor Who actors, and then raised hell about it.

She made some good points...casual sexism on the show, etc. She just did it in a manner that made her Tegan character look like Nyssa in comparison.

I respect her for standing up as she did, even though she was a pain in the bum.

April 26th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Children please, since Jon Pertwee turned into Tom BakerLOL. :) Glad to hear it.

In the U.K., Doctor Who is an institution.
In the U.S., Doctor Who was a minor cult following which was off the radar screen of most viewers.

It's difficult to imagine the difference between cultures sometimes.

I could have been watching Doctor Who from the crib if I was born in Britain. Darn it.

Yep, my mistakeThe Doctor Who universe is vast. No one can be expected to know it all.

creed462
April 26th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Back on Topic I wonder if the Master will return saturday... THough I won't find out till who knows when.

April 26th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Yes, but in Resurrection of the Daleks, you can see he doesn't want her to goI know that in recent years, she had pointedly refused to take part in the audio adventures, and relunctantly agreed to do one.

She did some commentaries, she did appear in a special with Colin Baker, and she did Doctor Who functions.

Did she really regret having to leave the show? It's hard to tell with her.
There's so many indications on both sides, I would imagine her feelings are very much mixed.

Reefgirl
April 26th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Back on Topic I wonder if the Master will return saturday... THough I won't find out till who knows when.

Shh, mind the spoilers ;)
not from what I've heard, Anthony Stewart Head (That's Giles from Buffy) has only signed for one, maybe 2 episodes, we in the UK would have heard if The Master is coming back, and he would have recognised Sarah-Jane

Darkseid
April 26th, 2006, 02:49 PM

I like the Master and all, but I hope they don't. I think they should do just one major villian per season. Let's have a Universe here, not a reunion show every episode...