This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stress relief or waste of time?

It seems to me that tempers have been a little shorter than usual around here this past week or so. Folks are being nastier than necessary and there are lots of little flare-ups occurring.

To that end, I introduce Maukie a harmless, cartoony little black & white kitten who tracks the movement of your cursor around the screen, occasionally batting at it when you get too close. She also miaows and will purr if you rub her tummy (move your cursor over her).

It's stupid, it's pointless, and since it was making the 'net rounds a while back, chances are everyone already knows about it, but despite its disgusting cuteness, I kinda like it. And unless you completely hate cats, it can also be good temporary stress relief. And no, you can't strangle or otherwise maim Maukie. Be nice.

And I think I already mentioned this one on the old board, but if you're looking for something to make you laugh, check out the 214 Things Learned That You Can't Do in the Army. Heh. There are a few that are almost Stargatey in nature, particuarly "I am not in need of a more suitable host body." And I can definitely picture Jack testing out a few of these on the Air Force...

I hope this doesn't count as spamming. And if anyone else has any funny snippets or good "stress relief" type ideas, post 'em here till the Big Bad Mods come along and blow the thread down.

Nice animation. Did you make that Maat?

Oh, and I hate cats, so I need to be angry in this thread!!!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

That's an old flash anim. Dang, her paw is fast!

Comment

I'm hoping that if I go from side to side fast enough, I'll break the cat's neck.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
          I'm hoping that if I go from side to side fast enough, I'll break the cat's neck.
          I might be deathly allergic to kittens, but killin cats ain't nice.

Comment

It is when you're angry!!!!

But then again, I'm just kidding.

Comment

Hell no, it isn't mine! I can't do complicated stuff like that. But someone sent me the link and I thought it was cute...

And meanie! Trying to hurt the cute widdle puddy tat!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Hell no, it isn't mine! I can't do complicated stuff like that. But someone sent me the link and I thought it was cute...

And meanie! Trying to hurt the cute widdle puddy tat!
                Good ol' Warner Brothers. Marvin was always my favorite.

Comment

So cute! I love the purring.

Thanks, I've had a terrible day and this made me laugh. Maukie looks a lot like my cat (and seems like a lot less trouble).

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

That kitty is SO CUTE! I take it as stress relief... my headache suddenly disappeared when I burst into outrageously silly giggles.

Comment

Thank you, Shadow! I'm also deathly allergic and jealous of those who CAN live with cats.

My favorite stress relief is drumming. These folks are putting on summer drum circles in my town (see "Invitation" on home page). Went last night and benefited from drum therapy.
                      http://www.drumcafetexas.com/
                      Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

yes i am quite pissy...though i doubt that would help but thanks anyway...

1.) my boyfriend is going away for a year in japan, that is no good
                        2.) i want to talk to my friend but she's in cincinatti and is too busy right now
                        3.) my cousin is on semester at sea, and even if she werent i doubt she wants to talk to me anymore *probably because she thinks she's better than i*
                        4.) my stomach hurts
                        5.) i got a strange letter about something that isnt a big deal, but i'm making it out to be a big deal
                        6.) i've spent far too much money recently...

maybe i will try it out...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                        Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                        Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Aw, cute kitty.

But I like these better..

http://www.angryalien.com/
                          Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Aww....I love cats....that one looks like Nero, one of my ten cats (and yes, if he could, he *would* probably burn down Rome and recite strange poetry...)

Anyone know "Poking the Penguin"?

Poke me!

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                            Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                            ~CELLO!~
                            ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Definitely "Stress relief",IMO,Shadow.Great Thread !

I love Maukie ! Very like my beloved (now deceased), cat Holly.She was a perpetual kitten,who'd play anytime....unlike the bad tempered,paranoid Furballs I have now . They think of me as keeper of the tin opener and won't play at all...

To Iskandra: Thanks for the link. I love that little guy's attitude.lol !
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X