PDA

View Full Version : what sorta cool stuff will day find in season 3??????

nemisis
April 22nd, 2006, 01:39 PM
:weir: :ford: :tealc: what do you think they will find in seas on 3????:hammond: :jonas:

The Ori
April 22nd, 2006, 02:50 PM
Hopefully a few more ZPM's. Yay

Pharaoh Atem
April 22nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
:weir: :ford: :tealc: what do you think they will find in seas on 3????:hammond: :jonas:

proabaly more trouble and zedpm's

nemisis
April 22nd, 2006, 03:15 PM
true hopfuly more aruao class warships evan 1 will do cause then we would not need the deadalus beacuse we would have to warships we would use the deadalus in mw (not gonna happen but)

somethinghuman
April 22nd, 2006, 05:15 PM
I'm thinking Atlantis has got to have some cool stuff hidden away. Surely the Ancients didn't pack up everything when they left. Weapons stash, scientific experiements etc. etc.

nemisis
April 22nd, 2006, 06:45 PM
I'm thinking Atlantis has got to have some cool stuff hidden away. Surely the Ancients didn't pack up everything when they left. Weapons stash, scientific experiements etc. etc.

you woulda fort so

CobraGate
April 22nd, 2006, 07:12 PM
you woulda fort so

Um, could you please learn to spell, or type you posts in a program with a spell check?

Eye Of Ra
April 23rd, 2006, 07:29 AM
i hope they find some more personel sheilds the 1 that Mckay had was pretty cool

Spudster
April 23rd, 2006, 07:49 AM
i dont understand why TPTB didnt use the personal shield more often i mean it would come in very handy.....

or mabye they didnt want more shouting at about the breathing concept of the personal shield

(however maybe it has life support lol)

The Ori
April 23rd, 2006, 09:18 AM
It's true thye have to find a few more cool stuff in Atantis, maybe a ZPM, that would be funny.

freyr's mother
April 23rd, 2006, 09:28 AM
They only brought with them what they could fit in their backpacks.

On a side note, they do find another Tower in Progency. That's where they find the asuran gate address.

Spudster
April 23rd, 2006, 10:06 AM
Where Did U Find Out That???? Tell Me Tell Me Tell Me Tell Me Tell Me!!!!!!!!!

nemisis
April 23rd, 2006, 10:06 AM
i thougth that was an outpost?

freyr's mother
April 23rd, 2006, 10:29 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/3x2.shtml

Spudster
April 23rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
the tower wasnt an outpost, it was a city ship, they find an outpost!!!

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! if they find an outpost.... will they get a ZPM from that outpost???????

because it needs a ZPM to show the addresses and such....

nemisis
April 23rd, 2006, 01:31 PM
the tower wasnt an outpost, it was a city ship, they find an outpost!!!

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! if they find an outpost.... will they get a ZPM from that outpost???????

because it needs a ZPM to show the addresses and such....

true we could be seeing another zed.p.m. just think 2 actient city-ships going head to head who will win? the one who has as many zed.p.m.s or the 1 with 1 zed.p.m maybe 2 if theres 1 in this outpost ?

Spudster
April 23rd, 2006, 01:36 PM
there is no if involved. there HAS to be a ZPM in the outpost, otherwise they could not load the database or make the chair work, because there would be no power.

Jonzey
April 23rd, 2006, 01:53 PM
Well if they follow the season 2 trend, they will find all kinds of awesome amazing stuff which will be gone by the end of the episode and never seen again (the Orion being the exception- and the things from The Tower)

Spudster
April 23rd, 2006, 01:57 PM
name one time that happened

Jonzey
April 23rd, 2006, 02:07 PM
name one time that happened
Condemned- Advanced race, destroyed at the end
Trinity- Advanced weapon, destroyed at the end
Aurora- Ancient ship, destroyed at the end
Epiphany- Ancients, gone at the end
Coup d'Etat- Possible ZPM, end up with nothing

And they're just the ones I remember. I don't think they got anything from the Hive either.

Spudster
April 23rd, 2006, 02:12 PM
aurora - was already unrepairable
coup d'etat - ZPM was dead
trinity - was impossible to make work whatever
epiphany - were not ancients
condemned - ok i'll give you that one, but 1 episode does not make a trend

Jonzey
April 23rd, 2006, 02:24 PM
coup d'etat - ZPM was dead
epiphany - were not ancients
condemned - ok i'll give you that one, but 1 episode does not make a trend
Aurora- They still could have learned a lot from the ship and the crew
C d'E- They didn't know the ZPM was dead when they went after it
Trinity- That's exactly my point
Epiphany- They ascended, they had healing powers, they could have learned a lot

Cunha00
April 23rd, 2006, 02:41 PM
if the ancient shield can turn into cloak shield, that mckay's personal shield had to be a personal cloak too

sorry my english

Spudster
April 23rd, 2006, 02:44 PM
no they hooked a jumper up to the city and used it like that

freyr's mother
April 25th, 2006, 11:52 AM

They could have salvaged some technology from the aurora. I don't care what it was, the powersource, if it had a beam weapon they could have salvaged that. The possiblilites are endless with a ship of that size.

The trintity device was impossible to make work, yes. They could have disconnected the weapon from the roof and retrofitted it on the next ship that came off the line powering it from a different power source other than project arcturus.

IcyNeko
April 25th, 2006, 01:24 PM
They could have salvaged some technology from the aurora. I don't care what it was, the powersource, if it had a beam weapon they could have salvaged that. The possiblilites are endless with a ship of that size.
Pulling the power source would have instantly killed the people on the ship. Shutting down the virtual environment AND computer networks. That's murder. That's not the Tau'ri style. We'd rather sit there and find a way to get as much info until the power ran out... or a wraith cruiser or two showed up (which was the case). Plus, with the damage that was sustained (the ship looked pretty ratty), the outer weapons most likely were destroyed. They had no drones. The ship was a virtual mess. Perhaps one could salvage the computer core, but that's why we have the Orion. And I doubt the Aurora would have had more info stored on their databanks than say... Atlantis or any other City-ship class space vessel.

The trintity device was impossible to make work, yes. They could have disconnected the weapon from the roof and retrofitted it on the next ship that came off the line powering it from a different power source other than project arcturus.
They didn't know it was impossible, and once it went critical they HAD to use the weapon to discharge the excess energy that was building up (did you watch the episode at all?). Removing the gun at that point wouldn't just be catastrophic, it would be rather moronic since it's the only means of quickly removing energy from the energy buffer.

You're arguing yourself to a wall. No writer in their right mind will grant Atlantis high technology for extended periods of time unless they plan on ending the series. If we got high tech and instantly leaped to the point of technology where we could whoop everything in the galaxy, there would be no purpose of another stargate episode. The whole drama of stargate is that we're in over our heads, poorly armed, and winning despite the odds. If we find an ancient space factory and start churning out fleets of Orion-class ships, the plot would get boring. We'd defeat our opponents, and instead an even more powerful opponent steps up. It's escalation. As we become more powerful, so does our opponent.

At that rate, the next Stargate Series would be Stargate: Ascended Plane. :P

Besides, it's better for us to develop our own stuff. More fun.

lvlister2005
April 27th, 2006, 05:00 AM

How could they salvage tech from the Aurora the Wraith were on the way, they were in a ship that was falling to bits, power only to stasis pods which most of them failed, do you think its powersource would have been much good.

It probably used all of its weapons drones and such, beam weapons were probably depleted even if they were powered by the ZPM because if you were in charge of a ship that you knew would be destroyed would you try your hardest to pump as much beam as you could to try and harm the enemy so I dont think the only tech you could salvage would be jumpers if they had any and maybe a bit of the computer if it still existed or was even operational.

Regards

Chris

Chutzpah
April 27th, 2006, 09:17 PM
How could they salvage tech from the Aurora the Wraith were on the way, they were in a ship that was falling to bits, power only to stasis pods which most of them failed, do you think its powersource would have been much good.

It probably used all of its weapons drones and such, beam weapons were probably depleted even if they were powered by the ZPM because if you were in charge of a ship that you knew would be destroyed would you try your hardest to pump as much beam as you could to try and harm the enemy so I dont think the only tech you could salvage would be jumpers if they had any and maybe a bit of the computer if it still existed or was even operational.

Regards

Chris

I think the point that Freyr's Mother is trying to make is that it's not that they refuse to take any technology, but the writers never give them a chance to get anything because by the end of the episode, what ever they were going to get is useless/destroyed.

Personally i disagree. Like someone else said, all it leads to is enemy escalation. Look what happened to the Goa'uld.

It could also potentially lead to some pretty boring episodes. What if the ending of Aurora was not the arrival of the wraith cruisers, and all that tension and the whole 'ticking clock' type of story, but instead the Atlantis team got some more drones. Pretty anti climatic ending.

nemisis
April 28th, 2006, 05:48 AM
who gives a dam the auroa was gona be destyored the only thing they were thinking of is making sure it was not taken by the wraith

Jonzey
April 28th, 2006, 08:13 AM
All I'm saying is they could have reverse engineered something from the ship, or learned something from the crew- nothing so big it changes the whole series, but something. I guess I just reckon going home empty handed is more of an anticlimax than getting a few drones.

I guess I wouldn't mind so much if they stopped writing the episodes too long, so they have to rush the ending. It seems like they spend 40 minutes building something up, and then in the last 3 mins it's suddenly 'Oh no! s'gone!'.

knowles2
April 30th, 2006, 06:29 AM
auroa was almost destroy, what ever weapons it had were probably already use.

And will people stop making the point of us getting more technology it would easier. Know it would not, the wraith defeated the ancients, even with all thier advance technology they still defeated. If the writer got smart they would start making the wraith intelligence and adaptive. If our troops start walking around in a personal shield, the wraith adapt thier weapon to get through it. We find a virus which kills wraith vessels, they find a vaccien. This would be much more exciting way to do atlantis and would also quite easy let the expedition gain all the technology gizmos they want all the while knowing that what ever they come up with the wraith will eventually find a way to adapt to it and come up with a counter measure.

Jonzey
April 30th, 2006, 07:48 AM
auroa was almost destroy, what ever weapons it had were probably already use.

They coulds still try and find plans/schematics for the weapons and so, on or reverse engineer them and study them to find out how they work. Or they could have just asked the crew if they had more time.

nemisis
April 30th, 2006, 09:03 AM
They coulds still try and find plans/schematics for the weapons and so, on or reverse engineer them and study them to find out how they work. Or they could have just asked the crew if they had more time.

yer but they dnt have the time

knowles2
April 30th, 2006, 01:43 PM

Why bother and why risk the wraith retaking the vessel. We got the ancient database which is suppose to fill with information on this type of stuff any.

Spudster
April 30th, 2006, 05:04 PM
and duh peeps they've only translated (guessing) 10% of the ancient database.

GateByte
April 30th, 2006, 05:34 PM
I think we'll see them possibly finding another zpm, but more likely translating more of the ancient database or finding something else really cool or just plain weird in Atlantis

knowles2
May 1st, 2006, 04:18 AM
and duh peeps they've only translated (guessing) 10% of the ancient database.

I would not be surprise if they have translated all of it by now, using a automated programme to do the translations. And they probably built a interface for the database so what ever information they want from instantly come up in english.

nemisis
May 1st, 2006, 05:31 AM
I think we'll see them possibly finding another zpm, but more likely translating more of the ancient database

i would like that to happen or they find some sort of factory rhe accients built before the war and it still had a zpm

nemisis
May 1st, 2006, 05:32 AM
I would not be surprise if they have translated all of it by now, using a automated programme to do the translations. And they probably built a interface for the database so what ever information they want from instantly come up in english.

i dout it because it has taken them a year in the first season just to transalt 10% so they'll of dun about 30/35%

knowles2
May 1st, 2006, 08:29 AM
When did they say they only translanted 10%.

IcyNeko
May 1st, 2006, 05:19 PM
Automated programs don't do a very good job in translating. In big corporations, they have an entire department assigned to translate text from one language to another to ensure that the words are used appropriately. So... with the ancient database... it would take an entire department to translate in a desirable amount of time, assuming that the entire department was as good at Ancient as Dr. Jackson.

Besides... I don't think there's a cypher strong enough in this world to translate the junk that spews forth from a certain gateworld user's accinet data base.

Spudster
May 1st, 2006, 07:39 PM
Automated programs don't do a very good job in translating. In big corporations, they have an entire department assigned to translate text from one language to another to ensure that the words are used appropriately. So... with the ancient database... it would take an entire department to translate in a desirable amount of time, assuming that the entire department was as good at Ancient as Dr. Jackson.

Besides... I don't think there's a cypher strong enough in this world to translate the junk that spews forth from a certain gateworld user's accinet data base.

please, i beg you, stop saying accinet. it is driving me insane. ANCIENT!!!! ANCIENT!!! ANCIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IcyNeko
May 1st, 2006, 10:15 PM
please, i beg you, stop saying accinet. it is driving me insane. ANCIENT!!!! ANCIENT!!! ANCIENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You've missed my sarcasm. :)

knowles2
May 2nd, 2006, 12:12 AM
Well into today world at the moment we do not have any good automatic translaters. But hey we are talking about stargate and we no the asguard have perfectly good translation technology and if they can share their shield and hyperdrive engines then I am pretty sure they can share their translation technology with us. And infact we have already seen the prometheous use a automatic translation programme to translate incomming gould massages.

AtlantisForever
May 2nd, 2006, 01:38 AM
Get Danny Boy To Atlantis He Will Translate The Database Within Week's :)

Gen_J_O'Neill
May 2nd, 2006, 04:41 AM
i have a feeling there going to find more zpm's and how they are made!

Also, it seems that they will find another city ship (like Atlantis) which is capable of flying.

Ashrak_22
May 2nd, 2006, 06:48 AM
I think they found a way how to recharge the ZPM's.

IcyNeko
May 2nd, 2006, 08:05 AM
Riiiiiiight. Considering they even stated in the show that you CAN'T recharge zero point modules because of the very nature of Zero Point Energy.

C'mon people. Pay attention to the show.

Ashrak_22
May 2nd, 2006, 08:39 AM
Riiiiiiight. Considering they even stated in the show that you CAN'T recharge zero point modules because of the very nature of Zero Point Energy.

C'mon people. Pay attention to the show.

Hey, in episode Rodney mentioned to try recharging ZPM, in his and Zelenka's way. So Rodney said it is possible.

Eoin
May 2nd, 2006, 08:55 AM
no they hooked a jumper up to the city and used it like that
They didnt hook a jumper up to the city ;), they removed the cloak from it and added it to the city ;) :)

Spudster
May 2nd, 2006, 08:55 AM
Hey, in episode Rodney mentioned to try recharging ZPM, in his and Zelenka's way. So Rodney said it is possible.

and what "magical impossible and totally insane" episode was this?

a ZPM derives energy from artificial gravity of subspace like a universe in a bottle. u cannot recharge a universe!!!!!!

Ashrak_22
May 2nd, 2006, 09:10 AM
and what "magical impossible and totally insane" episode was this?

a ZPM derives energy from artificial gravity of subspace like a universe in a bottle. u cannot recharge a universe!!!!!!

No you can't but you can create new and it into the bottle.

Ashrak_22
May 2nd, 2006, 09:32 AM
It was 1x13 Hot Zone. He was talking about recharging ZPM, when he thought that he will die.

IcyNeko
May 2nd, 2006, 09:35 AM
Yes, and Rodney also blew up a solar system when he thought he could "fix" an Ancient-designed device.

Ashrak_22
May 2nd, 2006, 09:42 AM
Yes, Yes, but he could find the way how to do that, and try it.

Never mind, talk about something else.

nemisis
May 2nd, 2006, 09:43 AM

funny

sirevil
May 2nd, 2006, 01:39 PM
I think that they should discover some more weapons built into atlantis as I dont think the drones could be the only weapon atlantis pocessed. Maybe they should find some kind of ring technology as i think it was said it was the ancients who built them.How bout another puddle jumper bay or better yet a warship bay but i dont thin tptb would want to give the atlantis expedition to much of an advantage.

IcyNeko
May 2nd, 2006, 01:53 PM
An Ancient Ice Cream stand. Mmmm Ice Cream.

The Prophet
May 3rd, 2006, 11:15 AM
Translates...

An accinet Ice Cream stand. Mmmm Ice Cream.

*cough*

Sorry, IceNeko isn't very consistant, that will be remidied shortly... :cool:

Anyway, The "Ancients" were very health consious, hence theirer abnormally long lifespan... They prefered ZPM processed Frogurt... much more healthier than Factory Creamed Ice-Cream

IcyNeko
May 3rd, 2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks for reminding me. I must have turned off my "Let's spell like nemisis" program.

nemisis
May 4th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I think that they should discover some more weapons built into atlantis as I dont think the drones could be the only weapon atlantis pocessed. Maybe they should find some kind of ring technology as i think it was said it was the ancients who built them.How bout another puddle jumper bay or better yet a warship bay but i dont thin tptb would want to give the atlantis expedition to much of an advantage.

that would be good

Primus Commander Woden
May 7th, 2006, 08:41 AM
a wraith queen just casually taking a shower in the east pier lol.........with Shep lol

the fifth man
May 7th, 2006, 11:44 AM
a wraith queen just casually taking a shower in the east pier lol.........with Shep lol

LMAO!:D The Kirking moment of all Kirking moments.:)

nemisis
May 8th, 2006, 01:45 AM
LMAO!:D The Kirking moment of all Kirking moments.:)

lol macky walks in and starts screaming"were so screwed"hehe

AtlantisForever
May 8th, 2006, 01:56 AM
hopfully they will find more Tech in atlantis and more tech on differnt world's i recon they should bring Jackson to Atlantis to Study and Translate the Ancient Database tbh they would learn load's about the ancient's what planet's they hid among where they left technolgy and where could be Ancient's still living but let's hope they do find them... they should use the personal sheild because they dont get hurt by anything be good for an episode.. but it's not all about Tech in Season3 SG-1 we didnt have all this Tech we do have Atm but this is Differnt we are in The Ancient City Of Atlantis the most Powerfull City Ever made... and will remain the Most Powerfullist City to Exsist...

(Any1 Watch new TopGear? Omg Fkin FUNNY!!) :D

nemisis
May 8th, 2006, 02:13 AM
hopfully they will find more Tech in atlantis and more tech on differnt world's i recon they should bring Jackson to Atlantis to Study and Translate the Ancient Database tbh they would learn load's about the ancient's what planet's they hid among where they left technolgy and where could be Ancient's still living but let's hope they do find them... they should use the personal sheild because they dont get hurt by anything be good for an episode.. but it's not all about Tech in Season3 SG-1 we didnt have all this Tech we do have Atm but this is Differnt we are in The Ancient City Of Atlantis the most Powerfull City Ever made... and will remain the Most Powerfullist City to Exsist...

(Any1 Watch new TopGear? Omg Fking FUNNY!!) :D

jackson dose o to atlantis they also et attacked by another city-ship

also yesyes i did watch TopGear ace there custom roof job classic hehe

AtlantisForever
May 8th, 2006, 06:33 AM
jackson dose o to atlantis they also et attacked by another city-ship

also yesyes i did watch TopGear ace there custom roof job classic hehe

hehe ye Jackson dose got with Vala to find the Ancient Weapon but they meet An Asencded Ancient Called Moros willin to help them find the weapon

me n my family was in stitches when they went through the ZOO ;p

MiniHerc
May 8th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Actually its not moros, it's the stubborn ancient chick who seems to be on her rag in "before i sleep" :weir: I can't remember her name, but it isn't moros, moros is the guy that shafts janus for building the time travel device. He's the one that becomes merlin. And i don't know about you guys but i don't know why moros/merlin would be trying to help them find a device that he hid, unless of course there's something more involved... ok getting waaaaay too out of hand now.

O'Neil
May 8th, 2006, 07:29 PM
More trouble, new enemies, extensive damage to something, more trouble, and of course, they'll find someone who can swindle them like 5 years olds.

nemisis
May 9th, 2006, 04:40 AM
me n my family was in stitches when they went through the ZOO ;p

lol

More trouble, new enemies, extensive damage to something, more trouble, and of course, they'll find someone who can swindle them like 5 years olds.

yer extensive damage to atlantis.i wunder if we ever steel te asurans city-ship?.