This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Thankyou Thread

I was just having a friendly little discussion with my spoiler-free militia buddies about how good most people have actually been with spoilers the last couple of weeks.

So since I always seem to be reminding those people that forget, I thought I should thank all the wonderful, considerate, kind and thoughtful people that remember! Because you *definitely* outnumber the few who don't. So...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

You are much appreciated!

It makes a *huge* difference to all those people that try to avoid spoilers - whether they avoid them completely, or just like to limit their knowledge of upcoming episodes to a certain degree.

I thought I would post this here, since it is here in the General folder that I have noticed the greatest imrovement of late. So much so that I'm pretty much clueless about the next episode of SG1 for a change.

But I'll take this one step further and open the floor for anyone else who wants to tell everyone (or someone) how much they appreciate their efforts - for whatever reason, not just for remembering spoilers.

You can thank individuals, whole threads, the whole forum, or even (gasp!) the moderators for something they've done that made a difference to you or that was just really cool!

I don't understand using spoiler space in older episodes. If you haven't seen something that happened in season 4, and it's germaine to the discussion, I think you should be filled in if you wish to participate. That's just me. I'll use the spoiler space as needed.
    Note my small and unobtrusive signature.
    You can bet I'm not compensating for anything.

Comment

This is general discussion for SG...not off world topics.....

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
        This is general discussion for SG...not off world topics.....
        Ahh you beat me to it.

I was just coming back to ask a mod to move it.

It probably would be better off-world, even tho it is directed at all the people in this folder.

Comment

I think the Mods have enough threads gloryifying their existence already.

I'd like to thank folks whose subject lines are clear and concise and give adequate warning if necessary, whose posts are in the appropriate category, and who remember to include spoiler space within the post itself if necessary. Thanks to those who actually take a few minutes (or days, or weeks) to get acquainted with the forum and who actually look around first to make sure a similar thread doesn't already exist before they post one of their own. Thanks to those who read the Forum FAQ and those diligent enough to check through the Stargate FAQ so they can be sure they're following the rules and that they aren't asking something that has been asked ad nauseum.

Thanks to people who don't attack other people just because they don't agree.

Comment

Thankfully we have a femme fatale to take care of them. I believe electricity is the weapon of choice

Comment

Remind me to zap you some time, Nuby.

I'd like to thank everyone who has a sense of humor. It's nice to know that they're in the majority around here.

Comment

I'm kinda in to pain and such stuff, not to the extreme, but I have a high pain level Feel free to do experiment on me

Comment

Originally posted by the_red_chimp
                  I don't understand using spoiler space in older episodes. If you haven't seen something that happened in season 4, and it's germaine to the discussion, I think you should be filled in if you wish to participate. That's just me. I'll use the spoiler space as needed.
                  Well anything from season 4 wouldn't need spoiler space.

It's only seasons that currently haven't aired in syndication that are off-limits, so it's only the recent season.

So I don't think you'll have any problems.

Comment

I also want to thank all the people that actually leave comments when they give me a reputation point. Particularly when their rep points are still grey.

Gotto love feedback!

Comment

I'd like to know who's giving rep too. It's easy to trashtalk and stuff when you're anonymous.

Comment

Amen to thanking folks who leave actual comments when granting rep points.

I don't agree that folks should have to sign their names, though. If you're granting a negative point to someone who is acting like a jerk and you leave your name, you know that person is going to turn right around and give you a negative point back in retaliation.

Comment

WOOT! I love thank you threads!

Big Big thank you to all those people who read the rules of the forum... or as Shadow has already said, gotten to know the basic rules before they jump in the deep end, so to speak.

Thank you to those who have joined our cause, or are at least sympathetic to it.

and... cant think of anything else at the moment.. but yes.. a general thank you to people out there who are... nice?

Comment

Is this a thread to throw out thank you's for different things? Well, in keeping with the spirit of the thread

I'd like to thank God for making boobies... The single most greatest creation on this planet, next to a TV series called Stargate SG-1 of course!
                            "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

I appreciate people who have a question, and do a quick search, which are very easy with the "Search" button on the toolbar, to see if that post already exists. If you post on that thread, it "resurrects" that thread and puts it back on the top.

There is nothing better than having a thread you started a few weeks ago be resurrected with renewed interest; it's a pleasant surprise. It's kind of frustrating (and redundant) when someone asks the same question you just asked, and gets the same answers you just got.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X